And to get the ball rolling...

Luna Paramore

OOC First Name
Kelsey ^_^
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" with a Essence of Phoenix Ash
It was over, after so many months of fighting, arguing, making up, and starting all over again the two of them had finally snapped, ending the whole thing. Angus's Necklace once again graced it's rightful spot on her neck and she was, for the first time in months, Single. In retrospect the relationship had been going down the tubes anyway but the way and why they had ended it was what had her in her current rage. Her palm was digging into the thorns of the stem of the rose Angus had given her but she didn't notice in her mad dash away from Scorpius.

She saw that the lake had noone around it at the moment and it was a spot far enough away that noone would see her rage, not even Scorpius. They had gotten into another fight over Angus, but this time he hadn't just accused him of liking her, he had accused that she liked him too! Not that Angus was a bad guy or anything, quite the opposite actually. Luna thought he was nice, funny, a great friend, and now that the actually took the time to judge... quite good looking. But she was pretty sure she didn't like him that way. Pretty sure? Where'd that come from? she thought which only served to fuel her anger more. Knight was messing with her head!

She looked down for something to throw and realized she was still wearing his bracelet. She snapped the little blue heart off of it and chucked it into the water, it being so small she didn't even see where it had landed. Scorpius's unwarranted jealousy over Angus had been what had driven their relationship into the ground. Sure she could get him being a bit jealous but she had explained so many times that even if he did like her, which Luna was pretty sure he didn't, she didn't return the feelings. But he seemed to like to beat the dead horse and this time it had caused him to break up with her. She let out a huff and fell into the grass, furiously ripping grass out of the ground and into little pieces in her hands before finally undoing the silver chain that was left of the bracelet and hurling it to the side in the grass.

Angus had been wandering the grounds, as he was so prone to do when he should have been studying. He could just never be bothered. He was an expert in the field of procrastination, his father had told him, and he always endeavoured to live up to that title. Why study when you could laze instead?
Sitting behind a tree, Angus saw something shiny hit the ground, next to a girl who, even from a distance, Angus could tell was annoyed. Narrowing his eyes, he recognised who the girl was - and his heart seemed to skip a beat. Wait, what? he thought, confused. It's just Luna... he reminded himself. Sure, she was pretty, smart, funny...but she was just his friend. Confused, he stood up and sauntered over to her. He figured that as her friend, he needed to go see what was up to make her look so annoyed.
"Hey, Luna," he said quietly as he reached her, trying to stop his voice from sounding high pitched for no apparent reason. "Um, what's wrong?"

Angus's voice reached Lunas ears and in an instant her features softened slightly. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Luna thought Of course Angus was nowhere near the devil and Luna had only thought, not spoken but she still thought it applied to this. "Hey Angus," she said turning her head to her best friend looking up at him before getting to her feet. Her face went from happy to frustrated instantly again. "Knight." she hissed as an explanation nodding over to her now ex-Boyfriend who she could still see fuming in the distance. She was still incredibly angry, but she wasn't going to unleash any of it on Angus that was certain. Her grip tightening around the rose Angus had given her again, thorns digging into her skin once more.

Angus's eyes narrowed. Of course. Knight. Scorpius Knight seemed to have a gift for frustrating Luna. Angus had no idea why they were dating. Surely there's someone much better for her, Angus pondered. Looking at her hand, he noticed that her grip was tight around the rose he had given her for Valentine's Day. "Hey," he muttered, crouching down and grabbing her hand, loosening her grip on the rose. "Don't do that, I don't want you to hurt your hands," he said kindly, taking her hand in his own. "Now, start at the beginning and tell me what happened. I can't perform any sort of cheering charm or anything but I'll do what I can to make you feel better," he said, meaning every word. He hated seeing Luna in a bad mood and he only wanted her to be happy. At the moment, he was fighting the urge to go off and punch Scorpius - but he figured Luna needed him to be there for him at the moment. At least, he hoped that was the case.

Luna's grip around the rose went limp as Angus gently loosened it and took her other hand. Luna smiled at him gratefully when he said he'd make her feel better, He always did. He seemed to have a gift for knowing exactly how to calm her down and get her into a good mood again even after her and Knights worst fights. "Thanks Angus... Well, Knight and I were exchanging Valentines day gifts when." she paused How was she going to explain the whole thing without making things awkward between the two of them? "Well, things just went down the tube as usual. He accused me of... Well, I don't want to think about that again but that started another fight and well, we broke up." she said, she was newly single now.

Angus nodded solemnly, not letting go of Luna's hand. He seemed to enjoy the feeling of holding her hand in his too much. Clenching his teeth, Angus fought the urge to swear and curse Knight's name. How dare he treat Luna like this? Break up with her on Valentine's Day of all days! "Wow," he eventually managed to splutter out. "What a...what a...well, you know," he muttered, not wanting to offend Luna's hearing with his colourful language. "I'm very sorry he did that to you. But hey, he's the one losing out in this situation," he said, a little shyly. "I mean, erm, he's not that great, and you, well, erm, you're awesome," he said, colour rising in his cheeks. And smart and beautiful and funny and...and... he thought, his heart pounding in his chest. Oh my God, he thought, stunned. I think I like Luna.

Luna was content with his hand in hers. Something about it just felt right, more natural. Scorpius's large hands had always swallowed hers whole. But theirs fit together perfectly, like they had been crafted specifically to meld together. "Well, before you get too mad at him. Technically I was the one who ended it. But when a person says 'I've had enough.' it's kind of obvious that they're going to dump you." she said not wanting for him to get the wrong information. "Thanks Angus." she said softly looking up into his eyes. Maybe Knight's on to something... Being with Angus wouldn't be that bad... Woah, where did that come from? she thought Maybe He was right... Maybe I do like Angus.. she thought

Angus grinned broadly at this revelation. "Good on ya, Luna," he said, happily. "I'm proud of you. Never liked that guy anyway," he said, truthfully. "Besides, if he had 'had enough', obviously he's not a worthy guy, because you're definately a worthy girl," he spluttered, feeling the colour rising in his cheeks again. Angus Greenwood, you idiot, don't scare her away. "I'm probably biased, though, being your friend and all." And maybe even more than a friend one day...oh, don't be so stupid, like that's ever going to happen. Luna would never like you as more than a friend. She's too good for you.

Luna smiled at him, "Well... I suppose uder the circumstances in which you two met thats no too surprising." Luna said remembering that when they had met she had been hugging him after a fight, the very first fight, with Scorpius. "Thanks Angus... I'm already starting to feel better." she said softly. Something about being with Angus was just perfect. As easy as breathing, there were odd moments sure but it was mostly nice. "Well, even if not it's no always the worthy ones who get the people in the end. I mean, you're plenty worthy, then again. Maybe the right girl just hasn't caught your attention yet." she said with a shrug.

((meeeeeep, I am sorry!!!))

Angus laughed. "Ha, true that. Maybe we could have been friends in different circumstances..." he pondered, before shaking his head. "Nah, probably not," he laughed. "I'm glad you are, Miss Paramore," he said, bowing his head slightly to Luna. "Any time something's bothering you, or you, ah, need someone to cheer you up or just want to chat, I'll...I'll always be there for you," he blurted, hoping he wouldn't scare her away. After all, she only just broke up with Knight. But Angus was her friend first, and her friend was what he would be. He shrugged at this next remark, trying to look nonchalant. "Maybe. Then again, I'm a guy. Maybe I've seen her but I don't know it," he said, innocently.

[No need to apologize... Not your fault you have a life now. XD]

Luna laughed, noticing they were still holding hands but not letting go. "I was about to say... I highly doubt that." she replied, trying to imagine Angus and Scorpius as friends and just couldn't do it. She listened to his next words and smiled. "Thanks Angus... You've always been such a good friend. Always able to cheer me up." she said smiling at him and scooting over a bit closer to him subconsciously. Her voice soon turned joking upon hearing his next statement. "Oh really now Mister Greenwood? Keeping secrets from me are we?" she chuckled "So who is it? One of the bunnies?" she said referencing to the flock that had surrounded him at the Yule ball. Something odd pulled in her stomach when she thought of that but she brushed it off, she had probably eaten something off that morning.

Angus laughed along with Luna, catching himself thinking about how nice her laugh was and how he could just happily listen to it. "I don't think it would ever work out between us," he said, referring to him and Knight. "He's too young for me," he added, shaking a little with laughter. He looked at Luna, smiling at her. "I'm glad to be of service," he replied. He couldn't help but redden a little as Luna tried to work out who the girl was. "Oh! No, no, they're cute and all but no, I don't think so," he said, vaguely. "No, really, I don't know," he said, which was a lie, but he made it sound very convincing. He hated lying to his best friend, but it wasn't as though he could just say, 'oh, by the way, I like you a lot, and I think you are the right girl.' Especially not right now.

Luna kept snickering as Angus talked about it not working out between himself and her Ex. But burst out into a full fit of laughter falling over onto his shoulder. "Wow... you're talking about him as though he had asked you out or something." she said before catching her breath and lifting her head back up off of him. "That would be rather odd..." she added smirking at him. "Hmm... Well, Maybe you'll realize who it is soon. I'm sure whoever it is will be thrilled." she said offering her friend some words of encouragement.

[I'm wondering if she should realize her feeling in our next school year RP or over the summer...]

((Summer would be cool, they could get back in third year and be all awkward))

"I'm completely upset that he didn't," Angus said, trying to keep a straight face but failing, laughing like crazy. He had to admit to himself, he liked the feeling of Luna's head on his shoulder, and he was slightly disappointed when she lifted her head away. "Ha, just a little," he grinned. "I like girls, not guys, just so you know," he quickly added, winking at Luna. "Hmm, maybe. I certainly hope this girl would be, whoever she may be," he explained. He paused for a moment, seemingly lost in thought, before looking rather excited. "Ah! Hey, Luna, I was wondering, do you think you'd be able to come over to my place over the holidays? Maybe a couple of days here or there, you know?" he suggested. "Bad enough you disappearing to go to Beauxbatons in first year - I've gotten used to having you around again," he explained, with a broad grin. "You think you'd be up for it?"

"So you've been trying to break us up all along so you could have him to yourself then eh?" she asked trying to sound as serious as possible before cracking up. "I tried... But I just couldn't keep a straight face for that one Angus." she said in between laughs. "I'll add that to my notebook for future reference." she said using her free hand to write in the air. "Angus...Likes... Girls...." she said before clicking the imaginary pen and stuffing it back in her imaginary pocket. "Sure... I don't think they would mind all too much as long as it wasn't too long at a time. You should come up to my place a few times too if you want." she offered hoping her parents would give her the okay now that she had already extended the invitation.

I'd rather have you to myself, but I'm guessing that's out of the question. At least right now, anyway, Angus thought to himself, as he laughed again. "Damn, you caught me," he muttered, sarcastically, before falling in to a heap of laughter. "I'm glad you made a note of that, easy to forget, you know, because, I mean, everybody in this school wants me, it's hard to stick to one side of the fence," he joked, flexing one of his arm muscles (although, Angus wasn't a particuarly muscular guy). "I can't keep this up!" he exclaimed, having another attack of laughter. He managed to calm down a little to respond to Luna. "Oh, yeah, that's fair enough. And that would be awesome! If that's okay with your family, that is," he replied. "I'm sure mum and dad will be overjoyed to have someone else in the house besides me and Violet for the holidays," he snorted. Plus, it's Luna, I'm sure they'll love her! he thought to himself, happily.

"I knew it!" she exclaimed dramatically, Angus always made her laugh so hard... Even after the worst of her and Scorpius's fights. He was truly gifted when it came to all things Luna it seemed. Luna giggled as he joked about being so wanted and flexed his muscles and she didn't think it out before she did it, almost as if her subconscious made her. She took her fingers and traced them up and down his arm, still flexed, with feather light pressure. "Oh yes Angus! You and your muscles! Every girl and most guys want you so badly!" she exclaimed laughing, her voice several pitches higher than normal. But was a bit slow in getting her hand off of his bicep. "I'm sure they wouldn't mind, They let Trista stay with her boyfriend for the entire winter break once... Don't know how she managed that one..." Luna said "But I've gotten used to having you around too... I'll send them a letter asking, okay?" she asked.

Angus was very pleased to see Luna laughing. He didn't like his friends - especially his best friend - being upset, and there was no doubt that Scorpius had upset her. At least that's over now, he thought, a little smugly. He'd never liked Scorpius and the way he'd behaved around Luna. Luna was definately a special girl, he knew that if he was the guy dating her he would make her feel special, not have to hide her from his friends and be extremely thankful that he could be the one dating such a wonderful girl. That was a hypothetical, of course. He felt Luna's fingers run along his muscles and, at that, turned a nice shade of red that had him resembling a tomato. "Ha...I...know, right?" he managed to stutter, a little distracted by the feeling of Luna's fingers running along his bicep. It took him a moment to get his thoughts together, particuarly when her hand lingered on his arm. "Wow, seriously? How weird," he replied. "Mum and dad would never let me stay at a girl's place for a prolonged period of time, but they'd be happy for me to go visit I bet. I'll write them a letter asking if you can come over, pretty sure they'll say okay. I'd miss you far too much over the summer if our parents say no!" Angus explained, suppressing a blush. God, I thought only girls blushed...

As Luna's laughter waned, thoughts about her and Scorpius started flashing through her mind one at a time. She realized that no matter what they did the relationship was doomed from the day she found out he had been hiding her away in the tower. She had never fully regained trust in him and this along with the Angus factor caused many fights, She thought him a hypocrite, especially now that he broke up with her over his suspicions about more than friendly encounters with Angus. When from Autumns statements about what she had seen up in the owlery, him and that blonde tart Jenna had been getting up close and personal, her hands hovering dangerously close to places where they shouldn't be. It was because of this that she barely noticed Angus turn beet red and stutter. It was only when he said about not being allowed to stay over at a girls house for a long time that she was pulled out of her now waxing anger towards her ex. "I remember now... She said she was going to go stay with his little sister. Still don't think they ever figured out how she tricked them..." she said, it really wasn't a surprise she got along with Antoinette as well as she did. "I'd miss you too! I see you everyday and I've gotten used to that. But if you do come over we'll have to go swimming, The Tennessee summers are broiling and thankfully I have a pool." she said

Angus's laughter rang out as Luna's seemed to die down. He looked over at her, still a little embarassed, and noticed that she looked a little pensive and to an extent, unhappy. Angus shook his head, gently. If he was less of a gentleman, he would have run off and beaten Knight up. But he was polite and had been raised well. He would stick by Luna's side, she needed him more here than beating up her ex. Besides, he'd much rather be with Luna than be with someone he wanted to hurt. And Slytherin didn't need any more trouble makers. Professor Manteia seemed pretty unhappy with the lot of them. That didn't matter now, though, all that mattered to Angus was Luna. Shyly, he put his arm around her and gave her a friendly hug. There was no need to say anything, he just hoped she knew that he would always be there for her, no matter what any stupid, stuck-up, blind first years did. "Wow, nice work on your sister's part. She must be an excellent liar," he said, nodding in approval. "Nothing against your sister, of course." He looked over at Luna with a warm and bright smile. "Ooo, swimming would be fun! We'd go to the beach, except it'll be the middle of winter in Australia. Maybe you'll have to visit me in the Christmas holidays, too," Angus said, pondering. "I'll think of cool stuff we can do. If you can come over that is. I really hope you can!"

Luna smiled a small smile as Angus wrapped his arm around her in a comforting gesture and layed her head on his shoulder. Her anger was slowly ebbing away again like a rock being eroded by the ocean at top speed. How he always knew when she needed something like that, even when she didn't speak a word, Luna would probably never figure out but she was glad for it. Glad to have such a good friend, she supposed to any outsider it did look like they were dating, but they were just really close. "Oh she is... She was sorted into Ravenclaw during her short time here but she's a Slytherin if I've ever seen one, No offense of course." she said, not lifting her head up, she was comfy but would move if Angus wanted her to. "Well, lets see if our summer plans work out first. Which I hope they do." she said

Angus was quite liking the feeling of having Luna close to him, with her head on his shoulder, so he kept his arm quite still (except to give her a friendly squeeze), not wishing for her to move away. Besides, she needed a friend right now and Angus was right there for her. He wasn't going to screw things up. "Ah, it's those damn Ravenclaws you've gotta watch, you can't trust them," he joked, giving Luna a joking glare. "But none taken, you can't trust Slytherins either. Well, except for some...rare exceptions." He gave a small laugh, careful not to move too much. "I hope so too. Ha, you have quite the large family, don't you? Should be interesting to see them all..." he pondered, with another gentle laugh. He had two siblings - but for 10 years he didn't know they were, in fact, his siblings. The magical side of their family was fairly close-knit, and in Australia, there was only little Rosie, who had just turned 4, his mum, and his dad. Luna, on the other hand, had a large family, it seemed, with lots and lots of siblings. Angus had thought he was an only child and that Antoinette was adopted because she was an abandoned alien...until he discovered the truth.

Luna repositioned her head to where it was lying against his neck and scooted in closer to him, something about this just felt right. As long as Angus didn't seem to want her to move she more than likely wouldn't. She looked up at him, moving only her eyes and said, "Well... Antoinette was a Ravenclaw... So there is some truth to that..." letting out a small laugh. "You're one of the exceptions I believe... I know I trust you." she said softly "Yep, you know I have 5 siblings plus Zazuka living in one house... Though be warned, if your cousin has talked about you to Trista don't expect a warm greeting." Luna said, muttering the last part rather darkly. She hated the hold that stupid b1tch had on her sister. It crossed her mind briefly how much they must look like a couple. Holding hands, his arm wrapped around her, her head on his shoulder. But no matter, let them think what they wanted. She knew that they were just friends...Right?

"Like I said, you can't trust a Ravenclaw," Angus said, rolling his eyes, but smiling to himself. He, himself, had held aspirations of being a Ravenclaw, but he was too sneaky and too lazy to have achieved that house, so he was placed in Slytherin, where he really belonged, he suspected. "Ravenclaws are kinda cool. I mean they've got you, so that's saying something good for them," he grinned, knowing how cheesy he was sounding. "I'm glad you trust me. I trust you, even if you are a Ravenclaw," he added, with a small snort of laughter. "Oh, wow," he whispered, stunned. He'd never been around that many people his own age - except for the odd Slytherin gatherings and the Halloween feasts. Angus kept to himself, mostly, only associating with the people closest to him. "Urgh, Antoinette may have mentioned me. Don't worry. I'm sure I can win your sister over. I've been told I'm very charming."

"That's not really true... Every house has a few bad eggs. Ravenclaw I know has atleast three." Luna replied thinking about Antoinette, The one fellow Kailey was with two years ago the idiotic pie guy, and another name had been added to that list, Scorpius Knight. "I hope you can, maybe it'll show her that that bi- I mean, Antoinette is off her rocker." Luna replied "Why does Trista have to be so much like a damn sheep?" she asked herself exasperated picking the rose up again with her free hand and smelling it. "Thanks again for the rose Angus, It's beautiful." she said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back