And Magic

Hoshi Icchihara

OOC First Name
Ana V
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
There was something to be said about sleeping on top of a grave. What it was no one could say because when it was Hoshi Watanuki sleeping on top of a grave no one asked why. Hoshi was a strange girl by nature and all of her friends said so. All of her friends would say that she was quite crazy and therefore should not be questioned on anything that she did because the reason would be just as silly as the activity it's self. There as no real reason for Hoshi to be sleeping on a grave anyway but there she was.

In the clothes that Hoshi was waring this could have easily been her grave. Her face seemed almost deathly pail sorrounded by her dark hair and equally dark clothes and the rest of her body seemed to have no life to it. This was one of those rare moment when Hoshi was actually laying down. usually Hoshi was doing something. More often than not she was doing something distructive to shake to borem that always seemed to plague the school. It seemed at the moment that Hoshi too had been caught up in the still air of Hogwarts school and so she slept with her hands over her chest as if ready to be buried.

Sinclair was wandering along the Rosebush, thinking about what he heard about it being a memento of some sorts to a student who died. Thinking about it seemed like a fairytale to Sinclair. He didn't know why the student died and why of all the students who died, it was this particular student who had a memento in Hogwarts. Somehow, Sinclair felt it was unfair to the others who had died.

He went searching for the tomb. And when he finally found it, he was shocked to see a girl lying on it as though it was a bed and not a tomb at all. Sinclair walked towards her, at first planning to shoo her away. But then at the last moment, Sinclair didn't do it. He looked down at the girl and stared at her for a few seconds before starting to talk. "What are you doing lying there? Don't you think it's a bit rude to do that?" Sinclair asked in a friendly manner, never intending to offend anyone.

Hoshi opened her eyes sharply and saw a boy looking at her. A very beautiful boy in fact but then Hoshi's heart was spoken for in such a way that she could hardly remember it not being so. "It would be rude if she where around to see it I think. The ghost of the girl who the Rosebush belongs to. Besides this is where I just happened to pass out. I had no plans in sleeping here." She said with a sly smile on her face. She had seen the boy before once or twice.

She had shown up to class those same amount of times. What Hoshi practiced often had very little to do with scholastic achievement. "There is not much else to do around here when one is avoiding school work." She said laughing softly before propping herself up. It was at this time that the green flame like tips of her hair where exposed for everyone to see. "Hoshi just in case we don't get the chance to talk again." She said with a bright smile.

Sinclair raised his eyebrows, somewhat surprised that the girl was introducing herself. It was a habit, raising his eyebrows. It always makes Sinclair look like a small child, though he was already 14. He smiled innocently and offered his hand for a handshake. "I'm Sinclair." he told her. "But I think we would have more time to meet because I can see that you're a Slytherin." He looked warmly at Hoshi, trying to remember if he'd met her somewhere before. But then he gave up. He hasn't seen her until today.

Looking around, Sinclair tried to imagine if the ghost of the girl who died was really with them. He had finally seen the sign right beside the grave that Hoshi was lying on. The Rosebush was for a Ravenclaw girl who died when she was in her 1st year. Somehow, this made Sinclair drop his gaze, thinking about her little sister. "I wonder how the girl died. You see, I'm a transferee, and I'm not too accustomed with Hogwarts and its history." It was the first time he admitted to someone that he was a transferee. Sinclair didn't want other people to know that because he thought that it was rather useless telling them that.

Hoshi took his hand shook then made her body light so as not to bring Sinclare down when she used his hand to get herself up off the ground. "Doubt it. I'm never in the Common Room if I can help it. Too many people and not enough of then in my favor if you know what I mean." She said. There was a joking smile on her face but it didn't quite reach her eyes. "Class holds no interest for me either." She added with a shrug. She thought slightly of Shane and how they had met. There was something to having friends that where guys, less she had to do really.

"Don't worry about it. The only angry ghosts here are the ones in the dungeons but she dones come out much. The other ghosts are pretty friendly if you happen to run into them." She said thinking back to the only time she had seen a school ghost. "No worries. It doesn't take long to get to know the school especially if you need to know the quickest way out of any place you are in. The history however you might want to start in the Library and work you way out." She said. Hoshi herself didn't know all she secrets to Hogwarts and she had been her for all of her school life.

Sinclair smiled at Hoshi. Somehow, her rather 'violent' looks doesn't match her personality. Snclair thought she was really kind and a little weird. And weird is interesting. Sinclair let go off Hoshi's hand and looked at the grave. He laughed at the idea of Hoshi skipping classes. "I think Divination is really boring. But I guess I need to pass all my subjects," he told her, deciding whether to tell her his goal or not. But then he decided not to. He was not the open kind of guy, anyway.

"Yeah, I agree with the whole stuff about the common room." he muttered, walking forward and sitting on the grave that Hoshi just left. He looked up at her and smiled again. "The whole Slytherin House is too rude. It's better not to talk to them since you're such a kind one."

Hoshi had the look of a Koshiba girl in the face even though she didn't act or dress like one. She had even changed her name in order to distance herself from the 'pure bloods' of her family. Even so people where caught off guard by her looks and House. "Your in foretune teller's class? I would have taken it if I didn't think the insence of something like that where going to knock me out on the spot." She said laughing. this time the maryth finally did reach her eyes.

Hoshi looked up as if thinking of something then back down. "Well yeah if your talking to people that are as you call them rude. There are some pretty cool personalities in Slytherin if you know where to find them. Tip though stay away from a girl named Chaos. She's a snake in beautiful clothes." She said rolling her eyes. She hated Bella with a passion and she hoped that she could show it again in the form of rather nasty prank.

Sinclair raised his eyebrows once again. He remembers an Isabella Chaos somewhere, but he couldn't quite point it out. "I don't really much care about other people," he told Hoshi, giving off his being anti-social. "And I think the cool people you're talking about are a bit hard to find, because lately, I've been insulted by second years and such. But I did meet one of the prefects, though I don't remember her name." he smiled again and found a white rose just beside the tomb. He held it up and looked at it absentmindedly, thinking about something else. It was about three first years he just met a few days ago. "But I agree that not all of them are rude. There's this Daryl guy in my dorm, a complete weirdo, though he's kind. And there's Clyde, another first year, I don't get how he thinks sometimes. And Jerrod, he is rude but a bit funny when arguing with Daryl." Sinclair laughed at the thought of that. But then he blushed. "Oh, sorry about being so random." he muttered.

Hoshi tilted her head then thought about it. She had made friends with stranger sort. One seemed to have a darkness to him that could get a normal person under supistion of murder. It was really nothing that Hoshi was not usued to around her though it bring up the question on why she needed to be the center of attention. "You do you your dark hand wannabes that think they are at the top of the food chain. You can almost always write them off quickly." She said rolling her eyes. She could throw insults with the best of them so she wasn't much worred about it.

"I know Clyde-kun, he's cute! Give him a year or two and he will have a trail of broken hearts in his wake." She said much like an older sister prasing a little brother. Clyde could have in fact been her little brother if they got slightly closer. There was something about the boy that made her want to care for him.

Sinclair once again raised his eyebrows when Hoshi mentioned Clyde. He didn't expect her to know the guy, since Clyde seemed like the anti-social kind of guy.

Give him a year or two and he will have a trail of broken hearts in his wake. But Snow seemed to be going out with him. *cricket sound*

"I won't allow that to happen." Sinclair suddenly exclaimed. But just as then, he covered his mouth, embarrassed at talking so suddenly about something he's thinking. He smiled at Hoshi. "You adore him," he muttered.

Hoshi knew just about everyone in the school if not by name by face. It was a given when she talked to so many people. Clyde had been one of the only first years to talk to her without her talking to them. She heard Sinclair's outburst and laughed softly. "I can see that that this would affect you in some way." She said decided not to ask why. "Well a good male figure in Slytherin will stop that from happening but who can tell." She said with her hands on her lap. "I do, if it where possible with have a family with in Slytherin Clyde-kun would be like my little brother." She said as she put up one finger.

Sinclair nodded at Hoshi's explanation. He understands it, somehow. After all, it was Clyde who made that Jaden walk out of the room after insulting Sinclair. He chuckled a bit, thinking about that time. "Well, as a guy myself, I can't judge what you think." he said with a smile. "And I don't have a little brother, only a little sister, so I still don't have the right to judge what you say." It was becoming more visible to Sinclair that Hoshi might be someone anti-social. Well, he did find her lying on a grave, that's something only weird people would do. He's not even sure if Daryl could do something like that. But nonetheless, Sinclair thinks Hoshi is a good person. And good persons should be treated well. "I think he would be grateful to have a big sister like you."

Hoshi could see how Sinclair would not have had many friends. He seemed as if he didn't talk much. There was something cute about it to Hoshi even though the boys she tented to go after had a darkness to them. It was an attraction she couldn't explaine nor did she ever bother to do so. "Hey I don't mind seeing what on your mind. I rarely get mad over that. What I do get mad over is finding out what you think of me from someone elses mouth." She said thinking of all the times she had heard her name inside some nonsense gossip bit that was more often than not untrue. Hoshi could see that Sinclair would become a good friend in the future if he overlooked some aspects of her personality. "I sure hope so I try my best to lead him down a path that is not mine." She said laughing. "You have a sister? Tell me about her." She asked. Hoshi had a twin who wasn't much of brother. Too girl crazy and an adoptive sister who fit in better with the pureblood side of family than he did with her and Haruhi. To have someone that was close was something kind of new to Hoshi.

Sinclair flinched when he remembered Snow. Normally, he would have loved to tell Hoshi about his little sister, how she was so cute when she was still a child, how she was so stubborn that Sinclair would argue with their parents for her. But then he had second thoughts about that. It had been 10 years since they saw each other before he transferred to Hogwarts, and Sinclair never knew what Snow had become over the past years. "She's-- studying here in Hogwarts as a first year Ravenclaw. Weird because I wanted so badly to be in Ravenclaw when I was transferring here. But I ended up in Slytherin instead. I'm not even the evil type." he chuckled. "Well, I don't know. Rumors in Durmstrang say that Slytherin students in Hogwarts are those who have the greatest chance to become death eaters. As I told you, I don't know much about this school's history." Sinclair smiled at Hoshi, hoping that she wouldn't take that as an insult. He never knew how to choose the right words.

Hoshi saw Sinclair flinch and instantly put her hand over his. She knew what it was like to have painful memories about one’s family even if they were not painful in the same way for him than they were for her. “You would have made a great Ravenclaw but the attributes of a Slytherin are not evil. If you look at the mold for a Slytherin we are of cunning, drive, and power. The average Slytherin has goals of a certan type of power, works to get them and lets nothing get in their way. It just so happens that my goal is to make as much mischief as possible before I set foot off campus.” She said adding a joke onto the last part to lighten the mood. Hoshi was never one to keep things to serious because she found it boring too quickly.

Hoshi moved up one of the corners of her lips. “Well that’s true but there are a number of factors that go into that. Some of us hunger for the kind of power that comes with wearing a Death Eater’s mask while others grew up knowing nothing but what a Death Eater is and what it’s meant to represent. I fall into the latter category but I don’t plan on being one.” She said with a nod. There was no style in being a Death Eater in Hoshi’s eyes, no flear like there was in the olden days. Her father was one of the few that where left that did the name any justice but most here pathetic. No Hoshi didn’t want to be a Death Eater not because she didn’t think it was morally wrong but because it held no promise for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back