And 'Hoo' Are You?

Silus Hollister

OOC First Name
Carrie
Sexual Orientation
Self Hatred
Wand
9 1/2 Straight Elm, Dragon Heartstring

Silus had ventured to most places on the school grounds, but he'd never visited the owlery. He had no need to do so -- not having any family to write -- and previously had lacked the curiosity. Being in his final year, however, the brooding Ravenclaw decided to give the place a visit. While it didn't look like Silus regarded Hogwarts with much appreciation, it was his home, and he felt the urge to try and see as much of the place as he could before leaving. He didn't know what he'd do afterwards, and he pushed the thought away as much as he could, now walking through the doorway of the owlery.

He let his icy blue gaze sweep across the space, taking in all it had to offer. It was vacant at the moment, and he watched in amusement as the owls perceived him with their large, hypnotizing eyes. It was all very rustic and warm and Silus listened to the soft fluttering of their wings as they got fidgety. Inviting was the word that came to his mind, and he stood there in peace, his hand outstretched to gently stroke the feathers on one large owl. He turned to leave and promptly staggered into someone.

Silus had been so at ease that he hadn't even heard the person's footsteps as they came up, and embarrassed at being caught off guard, he cussed under his breath and his body tensed up. "Do you have eyes?" He spat out in annoyance.

The entire break hadn't been a break at all. The Brightstone weekend was supposed to be exciting and fun, and Cyan was going to be happy to introduce Alessio to Aion but now she felt sick to her stomach. She had only been in the school for a few days, her black eyes now a subtle green bruise - which didn't quite match her current outfit. After all, what babe came with bruises? However soon after leaving Aion's car she'd lost the cream, mildly shaken up to where she didn't want to stay and look for it. He loved her. While Cyan pretended to doze off the chipper puff had heard him say it, however falling asleep was easier than facing her own thoughts. She needed to tell him though, and worse yet she needed to tell Alessio.

So there Cyan was, at the second to last flight of stairs, making her way up, up to the owlry to write him. She read the letter she had prepared over a few times whilst walking, and as she reached the top she looked up in time to collide with a rather stiff force. Cyan stumbled but did not fall, bracing one hand on the wall her letter and paper scattering around her. "Yowie...." The southern girl winced, more surprised than honestly injured. "Yes i do, they're brown." She spoke before looking at who she had bumped into. The boy looked vaguely familiar, but if Cyan were honest she wasn't sure how. "I'm so sorry though, you're not hurt are you?" She inquired, immediately approaching the boy and looking him over, hand on his shoulder. "Good thing I didn't spill any ink on you! That would have been a mess." She laughed with a little more ease.

Silus watched the girl as she stumbled, and he almost started to reach a hand out to her, but then she'd been able to brace herself against the wall. She was a very curious looking girl he thought, studying her hair through slightly narrowed eyes. The Ravenclaw knew he'd seen her before, but he couldn't clearly recall the situation. Most likely he'd yelled at her or insulted her at one point. Her things had scattered in the floor, and Silus felt slight shame in not picking them up, but that was her problem. She was the one who was clumsy enough to drop them, and they were her mess not his.

He was about to brush past her and leave when her quick response made him come to a halt. If it had come from a friend he would've laughed, but he glanced back over at the strange girl and suppressed a half-smile. "Well, they might be black if you don't start looking out better." He snarked, trying to snap back into his usual self, and then when she lifted her head, he caught sight of her bruised eyes. It stunned him into silence again before she caught him off guard by asking if he was hurt.

The dark haired youth stiffened even further as this girl placed her hand on his shoulder, and he stepped back abruptly. What made her think she could just start touching him? Silus wished he could hiss back a proper insult, but nothing came to mind as those eyes came to his view again. He'd initially thought it was eyeshadow, but had experienced enough to know they were healing bruises. The Ravenclaw sighed, angry with how this had played out, and was very bothered with what he'd commented on her eyes. "Of course I'm not hurt." He responded, bending down to pick up her fallen things and then handing them back to up to her.

'Hell Yeah, that would've! Why is that funny?' He thought as he straightened himself back up, but he said nothing. Silus tried not to look, but his ice blue eyes went back towards her bruised ones, and he wondered what the story behind them was.

Cyan missed the action she may have recognized as friendly, too busy looking at her letters on the ground. She chuckled at his remark, and scratched the back of her head, looking him in the eyes. "At least they'd match, right?" She joked, obviously not to sensitive about having a green bruise around her left eye. The whole fight was ridiculous, Cyan had jumped to conclusions and made a mistake. She would do anything to protect Aion though, even if at 5'2" she couldn't do much physically. Obviously considering the girl with him had been able to grab her and land a hit before getting away.

Cyan was a little taken aback by how fast this other student moved away from her, forgetting that sometimes people didn't enjoy being touched. Often she just enjoyed giving attention to people she liked, and it wasn't a surprise for her to hug her friends, or scratch their backs - all in all she was a tactile person. The hufflepuff was completely unaware that this boy was preoccupied with her black eye, as she was preoccupied with something else. She was staring at the ink in his skin. "Wow." She spoke before reaching forward and grabbing his arm to look at the tattoo. "This is amazing!" She spoke excitedly, looking up at his face. She gently brought a tendril to move over the design on his arm. "It must have hurt so much, how many do you have?" She asked with an excitement she hadn't used in quite a bit.

Silus was taken aback when the girl didn't react negatively to his biting remark, and he didn't even try to hide the look of surprise on his face as she even seemed to find humor in it. His guilt gone, the Ravenclaw let his shoulders relax and the corners of his lips upturned a little at her joking reply she made about her eyes matching. Maybe she deserved the bruises, but as Silus looked down at her he didn't see her as the type to pick scraps with people, at least not the kind that involved fists.

The dark haired youth took his attention off her eyes as he noticed they were fixed quite intently on him. He narrowed his own in confusion, wondering what it was that had so caught her gaze. Before he could ask himself, he felt the girl reach out and grab at his arm. While his initial reaction was to jerk away as she'd dared to touch him again, this time he simply allowed his arm to stay still -- even though it stiffened, showing his discomfort. It had been his tattoos that had captivated her eye.

Everyone he'd come across had seen them in a negative light, but this girl seemed to truly appreciate them, and that came as another surprise to the Ravenclaw. Silus let a genuine smile slip onto his lips before slowly moving his arm back to his side. "I've actually lost count." He said pleasantly after a moment, having been attempting to mentally add them all up. Her excitement had put him in a good mood and he rolled his sleeve up as far as his shoulder to let her see the rest on that arm. He then briefly slid the collar of his shirt to the side, showing her the dark ink peeking out from the sides of his neck. "They only hurt if you think about it too much." He added after a moment.

Cyan, upon noticing a slight widening of this boy's ice blue eyes, wondered why her statement would have been shocking, but rather than ask she simply gave a close mouthed smile. It was amazing how years after gaining as much confidence as she had, she still had yet to move past the way her teeth appeared, making it hard to smile openly with anyone other that Aion and Alessio. Cyan's mind was distracted by the lines on the boys skin shortly, and was happy when he didn't immediately rip his arm away from her, giving her time to truly appreciate the pieces she could initially see.

When he finally pulled his arms away, Cyan let him and instead held her own hand out and took the rest of her letter writing things into one hand. "Wow really? That's awesome." She watched, standing on tiptoes to see the one on his collar better when he revealed that. "Are there ones i can't see?" She asked naively. "I'd love to see them!" She insisted, cracking a toothy grin for a split second. "I am so sorry, I didn't even bother to introduce myself, because of the crash collision!" She chuckled. "I'm Cyan." The hand that didn't hold the wrinkled and scratched off letters extended for a hand shake. "Did you design your own tattoos?" She inquired. Cyan wasn't very good at drawing, or writing, her skill was with hair adn makeup - it was art nonetheless.

Silus smirked as the girl went onto her tip toes to view the ink he'd pulled his collar off to the side to display. "Thank you." He said a little stiffly after a moment had passed, still slightly uncomfortable with being this open. He didn't even know who this person was, she hadn't even given him her name. He hadn't introduced himself either, but he never did. Normally people knew his name by the mostly truthful rumors they'd heard.

She asked if there were others that she could see, that look of excitement fresh again on her doll like face. "No." He refused her, but his voice wasn't harsh. Silus did have a good many others, but they were under his shirt, and he wrinkled his brows together at the idea of stripping out of his shirt in front of this strange girl. He noticed the toothy little grin she flashed, and the corners of his mouth turned up a little. The Ravenclaw didn't want to disappoint her, though. She was insistent, but had treated him quite decently, especially considering the fact that he'd nearly knocked her down mere minutes ago -- and hadn't apologized for it either. He quirked a brow as she mentioned her name. It struck him as fitting for her, and he finally gave her his name as well.

"I've got another arm that you're ignoring, you know." He stated, but there was a look of amusement on his face as he rolled the opposite sleeve further up. Silus now bared an arm that was even more saturated with ink work. Most of it was sheer nonsense, things that were gotten to be a distraction from his life away from Hogwarts, but there were also a few hidden amongst the others that had greater meaning. "Here's one." The dark haired boy replied to her question about design, turning his arm and pointing to a small constellation on the inside of his elbow. Of all the ones that he had, the most thought had gone into that one.

Cyan didn't feel as if she needed to be thanked, after all she was only being honest. She realized within moments of staring that she hadn't seen Aion's tattoo. Cyan had completely forgotten about it, probably because she'd nearly been knocked out by a brunette beauty whom had had her hands all over Aion. A pang set in her heart, and she glanced at her letters briefly, the only thing that brought her out of her thoughts was the realization that the boy was answering her question. Cyan pouted, still unaware that perhaps his tattoos were not somewhere he could easily show her, like his legs or his back. "Silus is a nice name." She remarked, trying to pull away from the pout that had stuck itself on her plush mauve lips.

The pout on Cyan's face was fully gone though when he began to roll up his other sleeve. The hufflepuff moved to his side, and this time was more tentative with reaching out to feel the skin that the ink covered. This didn't raise his skin, it didn't feel a weird texture. Cyan had almost expected to be able to feel the colors and know that it was black because the skin was more or less raised. Cyan's brown eyes traveled to where he pointed and she let a soft smile touch her lips. "I love the stars." She remarked softly, her hand that was free back at her side. She began tucking her notes away for a moment, unsure how long they would stand and talk.

"Silus, what year are you in? I recognize you, have we had classes together?" She inquired finally, knowing she'd seen his face. Perhaps he knew Aion, and she'd seen them talking. Cyan then made another realization. "Oh! I should take a picture for Aion!" She spoke with a laugh. "I promised my best friend I'd send pictures! What better picture to take than of a new friend?" She asked with a laugh, searching for her camera.

Silus was unaccustomed to making people feel genuinely excited and happy, it was very off field for the Ravenclaw, but he couldn't help but feel flattered by that fact. He'd been able to make Cyan lose her pout by rolling up his opposing sleeve and allowing her to see his tattoos. The dark haired youth thought on this for a moment as he let her hand tentatively feel his ink covered skin. While Silus was still very awkward and tense about this act of opening up, he couldn't deny it was rewarding to see how she was smiling so.

He let another small smile slide onto his lips as she commented on the small constellation that dotted and lined his inner elbow. It surprised him that he'd pointed it out to her, it's meaning being so close to him. "I'm glad you approve." Silus said simply. He had gotten it out of remembrance of his first friendship at Hogwarts.
He relaxed his arms and tucked his hands into his pockets when Cyan had finished tracing his skin, and rocked back on his heels so he could take a better look at her.

This time as they conversed he passed over her eyes, and found his gaze resting on the very different outfit she sported, and the interesting way she had her hair. She was most certainly not boring, and her uniqueness stood out to him as rather admirable. "I'm in my final year here, but I do not believe we've passed each other in class." He replied, trying again with difficulty to place where he'd seen her before. The Ravenclaw eventually remembered seeing her at the riotous scurvish in the courtyard, and he pursed his lips, actually wishing it wouldn't spring to her mind. It was rare, but right now he wanted free from any sort of conflict.

Silus raised his brows in slight confusion as Cyan searched for what he assumed was her camera. She was all over the place, but he wasn't as annoyed with the idea of being pictured as her friend as he felt he should've been. And who was this Aion? The name didn't bring anything to mind, but her papers caught his eye again and he figured Aion was who she planned on writing to. So far, oddly enough, he hadn't declined her wishes to photograph him, finding it strange but harmless. "Ah, has your friend graduated already?" Silus asked casually, trying to figure out whether the person was a threat who'd chase him down if they saw his picture or not.

The youth before Cyan seemed to relax more and more with every second that passed. Cy thought he was unrecognizable from the boy whom had bumped her, asking if she had eyes as a means to say it was her fault. The puff didn't hold grudges though, there wasn't a point in doing so. After all, it expenses so my of her energy to be angry or upset, as she'd found out when she had actually finally fallen asleep in Aion's Car. The girl with the half and half hair tucked strands behind her ear as she finally found her camera, the magical contraption itself quite interesting and familiar. She and her family had used them all their lives, making it familiar.

When Silus mentioned her approval she chuckled gently. "Who wouldn't approve. If it makes you happy no one should care. It isn't their bodies.." She spoke. Cyan knee all to well the disapproving looks from those around her for her hair and choice of clothing - however she'd never let that bother her. The only part of her bothersome to herself was her teeth and she had no control over that. Silus's next words brought her eyes up from the camera she was preparing to use.

"That's how I know you! I'm a seventh year too!" She spoke excitedly. Her mind hadn't even crossed that he was in the courtyard, she'd been all to scared after watching a student get punched to even remember who was there and speaking with her. "We had to have had some classes together. Not that I'm a very good student." She admitted, a bashful look cumin across her face for a moment. Finally happy with the camera she stood beside Silus, her shoes making it more comfortable to take the photo as she was brought closer to his height. "Say cheese!" She exclaimed, snapping the photo with the magical contraption before moving away.

"Aion? Yeah he graduated last year. He was a Ravenclaw. He's literally the coolest, sweetest guy I know. Like, best best friend." The southern girl spoke quickly. "We actually became friends totes by accident when he kissed me but it's cool. We plan to travel together after school, and I'm going to try and convince him to let me dye his hair the national color of every new country we go to!" She exclaimed, the plan not yet something she'd put by Aion - and maybe not one she ever would. She enjoyed his hair quite a bit as was. "I'm so sorry I'm rambling, you must have close friends too! Is that why you were up here??" She asked, easing into a more natural, albeit hyper persona.

Silus gave a small nod in agreement to Cyan's statement. The Ravenclaw felt the same, and was never able to wrap his head around people who wanted to excercise control over the way others expressed themselves through their appearance. Being judgmental was simply human nature, but trying to forcefully shape people into your own liking was a whole other thing. The 7th year wished he could pay her a compliment as well, but his stubborn lips kept from letting anything of the sort out.

He suppressed a sigh of relief as the girl hadn't seemed to remember him yelling at her in all the chaos, and he sent her a knowing smirk when she mentioned she wasn't the greatest student. "I still think I was misorted. Most likely, you score higher grades than I do." Silus replied in a semi-amused tone. The Ravenclaw could've achieved high if he'd wanted to, but he'd never caught hold of the motivation to, and now in his last year at the school he truly did regret that it was too late.

When the girl stepped beside him, camera in hand, he bent his knees slightly to accommodate for their height differences more. Hopefully with that and her high heels his head would make it into the frame. It was so very odd to Silus, as he'd never taken his picture with someone, and he suppressed a roll of his eyes when she told him to say cheese. What a ridiculous statement. He thought, and he couldn't bring himself to say it, but he allowed the very corners of his mouth to turn up slightly.

Silus let his gaze fall onto the camera Cyan held as she moved back, and wondered if the photos were still or if they moved like the ones in the castle. He turned his attention back to her as she began answering his question, and her words almost seem to blur into one giant one as she rambled. Out of what he was able to get, it seemed likely that they were much more than friends, and he found it amusing how much she praised the guy. "Well it sounds like he's the real deal." Silus remarked with a pleasant looking smirk on his lips.

What she said next reminded him of his obligation to write someone, and he inwardly groaned at himself for forgetting so easily. He'd have to make another trip up here tonight, but he set that aside to answer her question. "Well, I actually just came here for a visit. Previously, I haven't been here before." He answered truthfully.

Cyan was happy that Silus seemed to agree with her. However if he hadn't it would have made him quite the hypocrite. After all how could someone covered in tattoos judge someone covered in piercings, or vice versa? The petite puff didn't mind that there were no compliments paid to her, she no longer fished for that sort of verbal approval from anyone. Instead she enjoyed the attention she received from her friends that she need not ask for - they loved her without her needing to beg for it. Aion especially. Cyan laughed at what he said. "No way." She remarked with a grin. "My grades are horrible, I don't need them for my future so I guess I kind of went a little lax." She admitted, a peach blush appearing faintly under her freckled skin. "So Ravenclaw then? Since we didn't say houses, I'm a Hufflepuff. Ravenclaws are also creative and they ask a lot of questions like why. You look creative, I mean look at your tattoos!"

Cyan didn't believe that the hat was wrong when it sorted those it sat on. After all, there was reason behind it - it got into your mind and found you as a hufflepuff, slytherin, ravenclaw, or gryffindor for specific reasons a person didn't quite know. After all, Cyan was not truly a pureblood, if she'd been sorted as a Slytherin as she originally wanted then she would not have fit in quite as well - at least in her mind. And what if they'd been bad influences and she'd never met Aion? "He is." The puff answered. "I bet you'd like him! He has a tattoo too! i haven't seen it yet though!" She added on. Then Cyan moved along in the topic to Silus' discussion about never having been to the Owlry. In seven years he'd never written anyone? The girl was surprised. "That's so strange. Never written your family?" She asked with a great curiosity in her eyes, looking up at the boy. "Or friends? Did you know any of the upper classmen? Do you have an owl? If not you can borrow mine. She's very sweet and a little chunky but i still love her."

Silus smirked at the girl's response, and noted the slight blush on her cheeks. "I wouldn't worry about it too much." He replied politely, though he was thinking on how she probably had something or someone to fall back on if all went wrong. Presumably the mighty Aion would help her, he thought. Good grades would've been a saving grace for the Ravenclaw. It would've given him the opportunity to make a life worth something, and grant him an escape from the streets, but he'd only realized that too late.

She almost made him smile again with that comment. Cyan was quite the flatterer he thought, but it was odd as she seemed to be completely genuine in her compliments. "You presume right, and ah.. Anyone can think up things to mark their skin with." He stated simply, though while he would never admit it, her words had warmed him. Silus sent her a small smile as she revealed her house to him next. He should've placed a bet on it. Her being in the house of black and yellow made good sense, and he wondered if she'd been acquaintances, or friends, with the other Hufflepuff he knew.

When Silus had commented that Aion must've been the real deal, Cyan heartily agreed, and he wondered what it would be like to be so admired.
"If you two are writing to each other, perhaps he'll send you a photo." He replied, humoring her for a moment. She then switched topics, and the Ravenclaw regretted telling her this had been the first time he'd set foot in the Owlery. Obviously that would've stood out as odd, but Silus hadn't thought of that at the time.

After listening to her many questions, he finally opened his mouth to answer them, suppressing another smile at the fact that she'd offered to lend her owl to him. He couldn't imagine being so trusting of a stranger. "There is one person I should probably write, but I won't borrow your owl. You look like you're getting ready to put her to flying soon yourself." He replied, gesturing towards the papers she'd tucked away.

It seemed from the minutes ago that Cyan had bumped into the Ravenclaw, he had warmed up immensely. His face while not holding smile after smile, was upturned at the very least, and his eyes seemingly playful - perhaps she misread his emotions though. She smiled and nodded at Silus' reassuring words. She tried hard not to be a downer about her grades, she'd chosen the path she took carefully, and didn't feel it was right to make others feel pity for her choices. Cy smiled at her assumption and nodded in a way that said she knew she was right. "Not anyone, you have to give yourself credit! No one else is going to with that attitude!" She spoke, gently touching his arm in a friendly gesture.

When Silus mentioned a photo Cyan nodded. Aion didn't often send her selfies, and she wondered how much longer his hair might have gotten from the last time she saw him. She didn't mind though, she thought it suited him. Anything really would though - except maybe a bikini. She couldn't imagine him looking good in one of those. "I.... not soon." She spoke, breathing out. "I hoped coming up here would give me inspiration for a letter but... I got something even better!" She spoke with a grin, referring to making a new friend. "So the person you're writing, is it a girlfriend? Oh I'm so sorry or boyfriend! I don't judge!" She insisted, realizing how callus it was to assume he would only date a girl.

Silus let Cyan get by with touching his arm again as it had been accompanied by comment which had slightly warmed him again. The girl was very touchy, but the Ravenclaw wasn't as annoyed with her as he made out to be in his head. She'd actually been a pleasant distraction from his otherwise bland schedule, and for the first time he offered her a genuinely warm smirk. "If you say so." He replied, trying in vain to hate this chance meeting.

The Ravenclaw missed her reference to him, and he quirked a brow as she mentioned he might be writing to a boyfriend. Nobody had ever mentioned that sort of thing around him, and he secretly wondered if people assumed things about him. "Neither." Silus replied awkwardly after a moment passed. "I'm writing at the request of an ex-student I was acquainted with. She was in Hufflepuff, so you very well may have known each other." He responded, making an attempt to be somewhat friendly.

Cyan took notice of the man's body language becoming more accommodating, and she thought perhaps this friendship would actually work out. She wondered briefly if he and Aion would get alone, because if they didn't it would be a deal breaker for the student. His next words made her smile and nod a little. "Maybe! I didn't really get out of my shell much until last year though." The girl pouted slightly, wondering if she should know more people, should have been more open and willing to laugh and make friends. Her prejudiced had taken over her mind and heart though, and made things too difficult for her to do so. Cyan, often jumping to any conclusion she could make in order to make conversation moved to her own questions, that seemingly related and seemingly didn't. "Oh! Maybe you would send her a photo! i just sent Aion one of my Yule Ball outfit! Would you like to see?" She offered. "Would your friend be a good judge of your outfit when you go? You should send her a photo!" She inquired, assuming naively that everyone attended the ball to have fun. However awkward it would be without Alessio, Cy still planned on attending. Cyan paused. "I'm sorry, sometimes I just get really excited about things I think about, and have to say them. You seem like someone who is so laid back you'd never just blurt the first thing that came to mind." She laughed, her mouth running a kilometer a minute, unable to stop herself sometimes.

Silus narrowed his eyes slightly in confusion at Cyan's words, not getting the context of what she was saying until she specifically mentioned the Yule Ball. The girl really was all over the place when it came to conversation, and while he found it strange, it did keep things flowing.

He didn't really care to see her Yule Ball outfit. Women's fashion wasn't a big thing on his list of priorities, but he had a 'What the hell' moment and decided to just go with it. "Sure, why not? Silus replied. He then supressed a scoff at what she said next.

He had no reason to be at the event that year. What would he do all night? Watch all the love sick couples obsess over each other? No doubt Urie would be there with Lyra, his punching obsessed twin trailing not far behind. "I'm sure she would if I were planning on attending." The Ravenclaw answered.

Silus almost choked on what she said next about him being laid back, and before he could stop it, he found himself fighting a grin and biting back laughter with her. It was a good moment, and it dawned on the Ravenclaw that he could have experienced more times like this if he'd only allowed them. Maybe he was miserable because he made it so, and after a moment the uncomfortable thought dawned on him.

Cyan grinned wide when the boy said he'd like to see her dress. She'd had an extra Polaroid from the one she'd sent to Aion. It was quite an old styled dress, but it was fitting to Cyan in candy pink and blue. Vintage felt like it was the right way to go for the odd Hufflepuff, and she wondered briefly if the boy would also think so. However her thougths of herself and her dress were out the window when the Claw stated he wasn't thinking about going. "What? Why not! It's so much fun! I always go alone every year and I still have fun. Plus they have the best food there." She spoke, obviously fond of the treats judging by the brief, toothy grin she held.

"You should go!" Cyan insisted with a grin on her face. "You could wear nice dress pants and a short sleeved button up to show off your super awesome tattoos! i bet you could even find a date short notice!" She spoke excitedly, as she tried to push some energy off onto him. "Besides, what's the worst thing that happens at these dances? You get stood up? Oh well, their loss, you just get to eat their cookies too." She spoke with a chuckle, watching Silus' face to determine if she had swayed him in any way, shape, or form.

Silus let his gaze fall onto the Polaroid Cyan held, and the corners of his mouth turned up slightly. It was definitely a very bold look, one that probably look like a train wreck on most girls, but she somehow pulled it off seamlessly. "It's giving me 1950's vibes. That except edgier." he said, his way of offering her a compliment.

She then snapped him back to the subject of attending the Yule Ball, and he found himself torn between finding her words annoying or amusing. Silus decided it was a little of both, and he let a warm smirk slide onto his lips at the sight of the brief grin she flashed. It was hard to brood when she made that toothy expression, and the Ravenclaw tilted his head slightly when he replayed her words in his head. He never understood how someone could be so jovial about everything.

Silus rolled her eyes at her next flurry of statements, something like a grin close to appearing on his face. Cyan was so terribly persuasive, and it was troubling to him how much she'd been able to turn his entire demeanor upside down. Why, a mere hour ago he'd never met her. It wasn't a half bad idea, really, besides the last bit. "I suppose I'll ponder it, but you're far too confident in my skills to snag a date." He responded with amusement thick in his voice, actually considering attending. What was happening to him?

Cyan was overly excited by the fact that Silus smiled at the picture of her. The Hufflepuff was like many other girls her age, forever searching for validation that they were enough, though she would never consciously admit as such. After all, the only thing she was quite obviously worried about was her imperfect teeth, which she still planned to have fixed one day. "Thank you, you're very kind to say so. That's exactly what I was going for." She grinned. "I'm' an old soul." She spoke, halfways joking, halfways being honest about who she saw herself as. She was both old and new, craving tradition and wanting to break tradition as well. It was an inner conflict the Puff faced alone now without Alessio by her side, and Aion so far away.

"Too confident?" She asked with a laugh. "There is no such thing! i mean come on, you've got blue eyes, you're in good shape, you've got great tattoos." The flattery was spoken with a thick layer of sincerity. She meant everything she said. With her lacking of blood supremacy thoughts, Cyan became more open to complimenting people based on what she was learning. "Plus if you can handle my personality, all the other girls in the school are tame." She joked. "You know, if you want to go and don't want to be alone you can tag along with me! I'm not going with anyone now, and my friend's all have dates." Cy wrinkled her freckled nose at the word before chuckling, not aware of how forward her suggestion was.

At first glance Silus didn't see Cyan as an old soul, but the more he listened to the girl, he found himself in agreeance. While the Hufflepuff seemed to follow no voice but her own in the way she looked and dressed, she had a vintage flair about her. He could envision her being the type to be born in tradition, yet rebel against it -- all while staying mostly the same. It was definitely an intriguing mix, and the Ravenclaw gave a small, approving smile.

His icy blue eyes widened in genuine surprise, completely lost on how to react to her next series of statements. He had never heard anyone describe his appearance in that sort of way, and the youth's ears reddened, not quite sure if she was mocking him or not. It didn't seem that way, and he was still rendered rather speechless. The remarks Silus were accustomed to were always negative. His height was seen as abormal, the ink that swirled and lined his skin was ugly, and the metal ring that occasionally adorned his nose was ignorant and disgusting.

No words were able to find their way out until Cyan cracked a joke, and at that he grinned in response, finding the comment truly amusing. "Tame isn't fun." He half joked, but it was another subtle compliment towards her. She then went and took him by surprise again with her words. It was crazy he screamed in his head, but he then did something he never imagined he'd do. Silus nodded his head at the proposal, shocking his own self this time. "Alright, then. We'll show the others how the Yule Ball is really done." He teased, feeling more pleasant and excited than he had in a very long time.

The more Cyan stood and talked with Silus, the more that she found herself comfortable with splitting her chapped mauve lips and smiling at him. She felt comfortable with her new friend, not that it was difficult to make her feel as such. After all she and Alessio had met over her calling him a mudblood, and they'd become comfortable - even if now things weren't as comfortable as they were before with the break up looming over their friendship. Cyan rocked slightly to get more comfortable on her feet, hands both on her bag now.

"Glad you think so, otherwise we wouldn't get on." She laughed, deciding not to comment on the fact that a pink color had creeped into his ears. In fact Cyan hadn't completely related it to her comments if she were being honest. After all, she'd only spoken exactly what she felt, why would that cause the Ravenclaw before her any sort of embarrassment? It should cause him pride, she thought. However it didn't phase him enough to make him say now, and the Puff squealed with delight, nearly allowing the carelessly stuffed letters to fall out of her bag. She took notice. "I am so ridiculous I almost forgot about this writing stuff I have to do. We'll talk later in the week about how we're gonna teach these losers how to have a fun Yule Ball." She laughed, before sneaking a quick hug on the boy before he could say anything. "See you around Si!" She said, before heading into the owlry deeper to find her owl, and see if she had a letter waiting for her from Aion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back