An Unpleasant Result

Kerryn Howard

OOC First Name
Sally/ Kaitlyn
Wand
12 inch Sturdy Yew with Basilisk Skin
The cold winter wind blew mildly giving a chill sensation to the young brunette as tiny drops of snow started falling lightly. Kerryn was upset, she definitely didn't plan on getting sorted in a house other than Slytherin. Not only that she became the first Howard who didn't make it to Slytherin but she had to be away from her sister. Yes she bullies Colette and finds her sister a great pain on the back but she needed these rotten qualities in her life. That's what makes the Howard, Howard. Yes, all those ugly, disgusting, stupid qualities inherited from her father's side. Mom on the other hand had always been as sneaky as a snake, she always know what to do and how to control people and situation around her. Thinking about the family made her even more anxious. 'What will dad say about me?' the eleven years old thought, imagining scenarios in her mind. Beside family, some facts makes it harder for Kerryn to adjust with the whole situation. The thought of Slytherin accepting non pureblood was a hard enough for her, when fate got her into a house which has no respect in keeping blood line pure made her feel even more uneasy. At once Kerryn sat up on a huge rock, fixed her navy blue beanie and beated her head to stop her mind from wandering around too much resulting to even more anxieties that she can never deal with. A glance of disgust sparked out of her eyes as she eyed the crest attached her robe, she wanted to rip it off badly. Even though Kerryn was only eleven years old, she plans for everything and she knew what she want. She planned her own future which was to pass down the talent of her parents and be better than them. 'I am to study hard with the Ravens, get my Outstanding grades and transfer to Durmmy to study the dark arts, chill Kerr, chill' she thought to herself to calm those tense nerve and muscle down.

Seira Zhefarovich, dressed properly in the Ravenclaw uniform, made her way down the lawns with a book within her hand. It was a gift from her father in case she got bored. It told of some of the ancestors, written by Asparuh's grandfather, a former Patriarch of the family that favored his grandson over his own son. Seira thought that it was rather pleasant that she would have received such a gift. After all, not many would be able to sway her interest. Seira's cold eyes swept over the scene, noticing how some of the students had on more layers than she. Coming from where she had, the cold never bothered her. Seira approached the lakefront and only noticed one other person sitting by it. Seira was, by all means, not sociable at all, but when she saw the look of disgust at the girl's crest, she could not help but notice why that was. Seira did not know anything about houses, but her family came from many different ones. The more violent of the Zhefarovich's were sorted into either Slytherin or Hufflepuff. That was all she knew. Her father knew little about the houses, and thought that Durmstrang did not teach the dark arts enough, so she would get her education in that subject when she was at home. Plus, she had a habit of raising some hell when she desired, so her father ordered her older brother, Professor Styx, to keep a close eye on her.

"Dissatisfied with your sorting, I see," Seira made her presence known with her icy voice and Bulgarian accent. Her accent was extraordinarily heavy. The girl appeared to be extra tense too, which made mind wonder. What sort of house did she truly desire? If it were Slytherin, then she would have to disagree. She would never want to be in that house, only because of the man who rules it. One toe out of line, and he would send someone straight home. Seira was relieved not to be under that house. Then again, she also had to keep in mind that not everyone knew much about her big brother. No one knew how ruthless and cruel he could be. No one knew just how much he hated everything that crossed his path that was not related to him. Even then, some of the relatives got on his bad side. Seira was one of the lucky few. She walked over to the edge of the lake, and peered over the horizon. Perhaps other creatures resided in this lake. She had not researched over this school, but she would make it her mission to do so. After all, she needed to have an advantage over this pathetic excuse for a castle.

I hope you don't mind. I couldn't resist an open topic with a Ravenclaw.

The Ravenclaw took a big breath before putting her hands away off her crest, it seemed like nature themselves wanted to sooth her soul. Young Kerryn crossed her legs as she went into a meditating position to calm her busy mind down. Yes, the sound of the wind blowing, the birds singing, water dripping, branch jolting on each other. Still the anxious voices in her head kept on coming, diverting the inner peace into something very unsteady and turbulent. Then another voice of another young soul was heard by Kerryn, she tilted back and looked at her in the eye sharply before rearranging her sitting position. That particular voice, the voice of fellow human brought her back to sanity and reality. "Yes indeed" The young girl spoke, locking her eyes to the other young Ravenclaw. Her quiet and cold nature made those around her feel unwelcome even if she didn't mean to dismiss them. Yes she was upset and was in need of her own time but deep inside her crushed heart, Kerryn needed an accompany nevertheless she would never admit that little fact in a million years. 'What is she doing here?' Kerryn thought the lakefront was far enough to isolate her depressed inner being from the crowd. Yet Kerryn was in no mood to cause trouble nor to have anymore of an enemy. "Kerryn, Kerryn Howard" the brunette introduced hoping that the other party would do the same. Beside name, blood status was the other thing that Kerryn would love to know from this girl. If she was a muggleborn then Kerryn would disassociate herself right instant, she was too brainwashed by her parents to even consider meeting one. Her sister on the other hand would handle the situation a lot better if she happen to meet a muggleborn. Colette knew how to keep her enemies closer and use her knowledge of that party to wipe him or her out. Kerryn was no hypocrite like her sister, if she didn't like a person then her face, gesture, tone of her voice would obviously state how she felt.

Nooo, not at all ^^ , it's open for everyone! By the way do the students know that Professor Axel Zhefarovich is a pureblood?

Seira's thoughts were confirmed when the girl said that she was not happy with her sorting results. Seira reached and touched the crest on her uniform, before wondering what it was about the house that the girl disliked. Should she be concerned? The daughter of two ancient Death Eaters turned around to face the girl. Considering where Seira hailed from, any sort of unwelcoming posture or cold demeanor did not phase her at all. After all, look at who she was raised by. "Is this house something I should be concerned over? If you thought you would be happier in Slytherin, if that was what you hoped for, you may be wrong." Seira knew what her big brother was like, and she would never want to cross him. Seira shrugged her shoulders and moved her blonde hair over her shoulder. One thing about her appearance was that she had the angelic, fragile appearance of her mother, but the shade of blond and her eyes from her father. She also had their tempers, mannerisms, and pride. However, she was much more like her father. Ruthless, if she so wanted to be. After all, that was how the family worked. Only the strongest would gain power, and she sought to become one of the strongest women. Sure, she'd never become Head or even Matriarch, but perhaps something else.

"Howard... The Howards that are pure-bloods?" Seira raised an eyebrow, wondering if this was the family that pride themselves in their purity. Her family was the same way. The only reason why the mixed-bloods survived, which were the part-veelas, was that they would be useful much later on. A means to an end. "Seira Zhefarovich." Her name was very common around the school, thanks to her brother migrating some of the family over here. Her half-brother, Axel, taught Potions, and no one knew what sort of position in the family he had. A trained assassin. His favorite activity was 'hunting'. She had multiple nieces, nephews, and cousins that went to school here that were all older than her. No, she was the youngest in Asparuh's children. Not the youngest in her generation. From what she could recall anyway. It was hard to think of an army of family members anyway.

Axel doesn't tell students about himself, but I like to imagine that it is common knowledge that the Zhefarovich/Styx family are, majority, pure-bloods. At least around Europe/New Zealand.

Kerryn looked over her shoulder thinking that she must've heard something from the water, that got her mind distracted for a little bit. She had always wanted to see a mermen with her own eyes although it would be quite impossible to spot any in such a place, but luck might be with her. Just then the young girl started talking, catching Kerryn's attention. "You don't understand" She said not knowing that the young girl too was somewhat in the same boat. "None of my family members got sorted out of Slytherin, keeping it the way how it should be means a lot to me" Kerryn's mind was pretty shallow, she didn't want to be dissed by her family, that's all. Her lack of public speaking skill didn't help at all, Kerryn wasn't good at making friend meaning that her family was all that she had. She needed the huge amount of emotional attachment between her and her family. After all Kerryn wasn't much different than any other eleven years old, they all wanted the same thing and they all follow the crowd. "Purity is essential to keep everything in line" meant a yes to the question thrown by the girl without concerning of her feelings, if the girl wasn't a pureblood then she should be offended or if she was to be a muggle lover then an enmity had just begun. Kerryn's facial expression changed right after she knew who the girl was, her family was known by a lot of the Scitoraris. They were respectable people unlike Kerryn's family who were reckless, who shoots spells at each other like drunk cowboys in need of manner. Good thing that Kerryn hadn't develop that rotten personality, at least not yet. "I've heard a lot about your family, one of you teaches here, correct?" Any pureblood know who Zhefarovich were. The young brunette had no idea why on earth the girl was not one of the snakes.

Seira raised an eyebrow when the girl, Kerryn, said that she did not understand. Yes, that was a great possibility. Seira was not known to be understanding at all. Then she revealed the truth. None of her family members were sorted out of Slytherin. Being one with the family must mean a lot, and Seira could understand that much. She wished to bring pride to her family, more so than some of the others that disgraced the name, which were so very few or dead. "If your family prides themselves into being in only one house, then perhaps I understand more than you realize. Whereas mine does not care where we are placed because it is simply a temporary placement. Maybe introducing that principle might fall in your favor." Seira shrugged, seeing as it was just an idea of hers. However, one person's idea to an entire family, that would seem hard. Seira added, "But, there's always Durmstrang if they give you hell over it." Seira would love to go there herself, but she wondered if her father had other plans for her too. Perhaps, her place was to learn something here. Learn who not to associate with. That seemed reasonable too.

That one sentence definitely confirmed her suspicions. Purity was essential, and Seira gave the smallest of nods to say that she agreed with her. After all, purity was so hard to come by nowadays. Her family mainly resided in Bulgaria, and the pure-bloods there were running low, which was why some married even American pure-bloods, which was rare. Asparuh hated the Americas for some reason. He favored the French, Russian and Italian... Who knew why. Seira felt much pride as she said that she had heard a lot about her family. A smile almost crossed her features, but she quickly caught it before it happened. "Actually, two teach here. Professor Zhefarovich and Professor Styx. The latter is the Head of Slytherin, which is why I'm sorry for any soul that crosses him, pure-blood or not. Professor Styx is my older brother, and Professor Zhefarovich if my older half-brother." Seira did not mind if people knew her specific relation. Professor Styx was definitely old enough to be her grandfather, but her father had been busy with his newest wife, her mom, for a while.

Kerryn shook her head in reply to Seira's statement about the houses being temporary. Since Kerryn's mother had always been a good friend with both Devlin and Chyou, the young girl too adopts the similar mindset. That couple isolated themselves along with their children in order to keep the mind of the young ones align with the rest of the family. "Say the hat called my name out and put me among the lions, by the end of my seventh year there will be a high chance of I becoming into one of the lioness" Peer pressure is one of the ways to force others into having a similar mindset with the rest of the peers. "That's been in my mind ever since I got invited here. Hogwarts adopt the idea of keeping their students away from dark arts, ridiculous" After all the young girl came from a dogmatic family therefore she wont agree on any other thoughts that were not in line with her parents'.

The wind started blowing even harder than before as the snow fell heavier. Kerryn had always enjoy the winter breeze and the frozen crystals falling from the heavens, she didn't mind drying her coat after a long walk in the snow. It seemed like her body was numb when it came to cold weather, she could be exposed with the snow for the whole day without freezing yet skin don't lie, frostbites were her best friend who she could never get enough with. She jumped down the rock and lean on it as Seira started talking. Kerryn loved the accompany of the young Ravenclaw otherwise she would've ignored her completely or leave her without any word. "Hmmm" The eleven years old didn't understand the information completely, there was a lot to digest. Yes the young girl was aware of the age gap, could it be...? Nah, Kerryn was not a nosy person, she dared not to ask Seira to explain what she had just said. "Do you happen to know the reputation of the Ravenclaw in this school?" She knew the Ravens in England were smart, too smart actually. Some of them even have no social life or at least those are the ones that she knew.

Seira looked down at her shoes for a moment, to consider what Kerryn was saying. Was she speaking of peer pressure, and the influence rubbing off from the houses? Well, while that was definitely a possibility if one was weak minded and followed the crowd. Seira then recalled a special circumstance. "While that is a possibility, I do have a counter example. I have a member of the family that graduated a couple of years ago. He was sorted into Hufflepuff since he didn't belong in any of the other houses. Even today, he is one of the most terrifying members of the family. He terrorized students, for the fun of it." Perhaps that would sooth Kerryn's mind a little bit. "Hogwarts might want students to be afraid of such magic, but when you think about it, we are learning some of materials here. We do need to know what we are defending against." Perhaps not in detail, but it was there. Professor Styx taught that, and because of his past, he knew all too well on how to cast such spells. That was a secret though. Seira did not know as much about her older brother as she would like. She would learn more as she spent the time at the Styx Manor while she went to school. That had to be the light at the end of the tunnel.

When asked about the reputation of the Ravenclaw in this school, Seira had to think about it. She did not know much about it, but she did know of the tales her family told her about it. She had a few Ravenclaws here that were related to her: Katrina Snow, Damianos Styx, Demonia Zhefarovich. "Not much, I'm afraid. Just that everyone is intelligent and has wisdom. I dare not to think that Rowena would allow imbeciles within her house of the wise." She would rather deal with impurity than idiots any day. Like her father, she had no tolerance for those that were below the standard of expectations. Seira was raised specifically to uphold the family law, and that included something as trivial as now allowing idiots to come forth. Asparuh would dispose of them in a heartbeat, after all. Like he had anyone that provoked his wrath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back