An unlucky mishap

Kaede Okinawa

Wand
Birch wand 14" 1/4 Essence of Dragonstone
Kaede had gone up to the cliffs, seeking peace and solace from their calm winds. Climbing all the way to the top, she held her arms out and let the air blow away her past demons that had recently bubbled their way back up. Taking a deep breath, she looked up at the sky. The sun was out , but it was a cloudy day. The wind that circled around her blew her hair in all directions. She closed her eyes, letting the warmth of the sun cascade across her face.

Deciding that she couldn't stand like that forever, she put her arms down, and turned around to look for a place to sit. All of a sudden she tripped over her own foot and started to fall. Quickly putting her hands out in front of her, she stopped her fall. "Ow.." she moaned. Rolling over, she felt a sharp pang in her left hand. Looking down she saw droplets of blood falling from her hand in streams of red. Dangit! She thought. That was my writing hand. Pressing her hand against her other hand, she tried to stop the flow of blood. The pressure ceased the flow of it, but left it draped over her hands. Cradling her hand, she stood up and sat on a large rock.

She had to get back, but she didn't think she could without both of her hands.

Immy had left the castle in search of somewhere quiet to think. As she walked her mind wander to where she should go on the grounds. Immy thought of the lake, the gardens, even the forest but where she ended up Immy hadn't considered at all. Immy walked and walked. Not even going in a straight line. Curving and zigzagging. Immy wasn't even aware of surroundings. It was when a gust of wind blew that Immy snapped out her slight trance and found herself at the cliffs, there was someone else there. Immy didn't move. She knew the girl hadn't heard her coming. Immy didn't know whether to turn back and go somewhere but it was at that moment that the girl fell. Immy wanted to rush over but thought not. She watched silently as the girl, went to sit on a rock. Immy took a step towards where the girl was sitting.

"Are you alright?" Immy asked walking towards the girl.

Kaede looked up to the sound of a voice. There was a girl standing there, and Kaede wondered if she had been there to see her fall. She quickly jumped up. "I..um, well, I fell and I-" She cut herself off as she lifted up her hand to show the girl. Now that the blood had stopped flowing, it had started to dry on her hands, showing a deep cut in her hand. Her eyes widened at it. Usually she had a strong stomach, but today hadn't been her day. Covering her hand with her other hand, she pulled it close to her body.

Smiling faintly she said, "I'm sorry. I kinda slipped." Her cheeks turned a deep shade of red. Even though she was used to falling a lot, she didn't like to do it in front of people.

Immy looked at the cut as the girl showed it. Immy was good with blood and cuts. Pixie wasn't always the most careful of children. She was prone to hurting herself and it would normally be Immy's job to fix it. Immy moved a little closer smiling to the girl. She didn't see why the girl was embarrassed about having fallen. Everybody did.

"No need to say sorry. We all fall. You just want to be careful you don't fall off the edge of the cliff." Immy said with a smile at the girl. "I'm Imogen or Immy."

Kaede smiled at the girl who proclaimed herself to be Immy. "I'm Kaede." She said with a smile. Laughing she said, "I'm really clumsy, so the first time a lot of people see it it's embarrassing to me. But after I get to know them, they just laugh and help me up. Laughing probably seems funny, but I usually don't cut myself or bleed." She laughed again, the pain of the cut forgotten. "I have a tendency to run into walls and fall up the stairs." Hoping she hadn't freaked out Immy with talking so much, she quit talking. Immy seemed really nice, so she also hoped that they could get to know eachother better. Using her other hand. she patted beside her, offering for Immy to sit.

Kaede's day had gotten just a little better, but that was because she realized that a lot of people care about other people. That was something that she valued.

Immy nodded along as the girl, Kaede began speaking. Immy didn't run into walls to often but she did every so often flal up the stairs. It was hard not to, when running it sometimes hard to tell the different between steps. Immy smiled politely. She took a seat beside the girl, looking out at the cliffs. It was amazing. Immy loved it.

"Sounds a little painful. I fall up stairs mostly but not too often. I just trip up on my own feet." Immy said with a smile. "That happens when I forget it's not good to read and walk. The cliff's are really cool, don't you think?"

Kaede smiled as Immy talked about falling. A cool breeze blew past and blew her Kaede's hair around. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath while listening to Immy talk about how falling up the stairs was easy to do. Kaede nodded at that. She knew about that all too well.

"Falling up the stairs is actually easier than falling down the stairs," she said, leaning on her right hand. "I learned that a long time ago. But every time I tell someone that I fell up the stairs, they think that's the funniest thing ever. Even though it more common.

Opening her eyes back up, she skimmed the cliffs. "The cliffs are amazing. I've never seen anything like them. I think they're my favorite place at Hogwarts. Well, besides the library. I love to read." Kaede was usually seen with a book during her spare time, but when she went to the cliffs she left her books back. They were a place where she could relax. "The cliffs are a really calm place though. To me it feels like the winds brush off the stress clinging to me and refresh my mind." She cocked her head to the side and thought for a bit. All of a sudden, she said, "I wonder what if would be like to climb the cliffs! I bet it would be fun." She definetly would have to try it someday.

Jacob was coming back from the owlery where he had gone to send a letter to his parents that Andrew would be joining them this winter.He was near the cliffs when he decided that he did not want to go back into the castle.

So instead he made his way up to the cliffs where he usually enjoyed hours of solitude and peace.When he reached up he saw two first year girls and decided he'd rather socialize than be Mr.Lonely.

"Hi there!"he said cheerily when he walked up to them he realised that one of the girls was bleeding."Are you alright?"he asked her.

Sitting there with Immy, she heard a boy's voice. As he walked forward Kaede noticed that he looked a little older than Immy and herself, but she was always open to friendship. She was about to say hello when the boy noticed her cut. When he asked if she was okay she smiled up at him. "Oh, I'm fine, I just fell. Well, I fell and stabbed my hand with a rock, but I think I'll be okay as soon as I wrap it up and as long as I can get back down to the school." She realized that she hadn't introduced herself, which was weird for her, but she decided that even if she hadn't said it right away she should still say it. "Oh, and sorry, I forgot. My name's Kaede." She motioned with her hand for him to sit down. "Meanwhile, would you like to sit with us?"

Kaede was always open to make new friends, and she knew that the only way that would happen was if she was friendly, because being friendly was what made friends.

"Nice to meet you Kaede.I'm Jacob by the way."he said sitting beside the girls.From up here at the cliffs they had a great view of the Black lake.It looked beutifula and peaceful as always."So are your studies going smooth?"he aske them casually.When he had been a first year he was totally study obsessed.

Immy looked up at the sound of a boy's voice. She smiled at him as Kaede explained her cut. Immy looked out to the lake smiling to herself slightly as she watched the water. Immy was brought back to reality when the boy sat down. Immy blushed a little as she remembered she had still not introduced herself to the boy.

"I'm Imogen or Immy." Immy said before answering his questions. "Mine are fine. How are yours?"

As the boy sat down he introduced himself as Jacob. He asked about her studies, but Immy introduced herself, so Kaede kept quiet to be polite. She hated being interrupted so she wasn't going to do it to other people.

After Immy had answered him, Kaede said in a friendly tone, "My studies are good, I'm still getting used to this whole magic thing. I wasn't aware of magic until I got my letter." Her cheeks blushed a deep red. She felt nervous talking about her past life, so she quickly tried to change the subject. Imogen had already done that, so she decided that going off of that would be a good idea. Gesturing towards Immy she said, "Yes, how are yours going as well?"

She knew she probably sounded like a dork, but she didn't know what else to say.

"That is a very nice name Immy."he told the other girl.Both the girls seemed nice and friendly."My studies are going well.My friend really helps me out if I dont understand anything."he told the girls.He was happy to know that their studies were going good because he had a hard time catching up.
"Yeah it is quite a shock when you don't know anything about magic and you get your letter.But you needn't be nervous.There are many who don't know that they are wizards even if they come from wizarding family.One my friends was orphan so he had no idea that his mother was a pure-blood."he told the girl consolingly.

Kaede smiled as he talked about his studies and his friends. "Your friends seem very nice, I'm glad that they're there to help you." She was glad that someone was willing to help. Her whole life no one had helped her, so it made her feel better knowing that there were some people out there willing to help, even if they weren't helping her.

She laughed how he said that a lot of people didn't know. She wasn't laughing in a mean way, but she was happy to know that at least she wasn't alone in this. That was a huge consolation to her. "Really? Was he raised in a magical family?" Kaede wanted to know more about the wizarding world, and making friends with people who knew a lot about it seemed like her best bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back