An unexpected Run-In

Kyra Alexandros

OOC First Name
Hamza
Kyra hadn't been out in the sun for a few days, but, dragging herself from one of her least favorite situations; she managed to get dressed. She wasn't feeling so good, after telling a complete stanger that she loved him. And she really felt that she did. She even knew his secret; and so did everyone else who had heard him yelling that night. Before long, she could even hear his yelling. She couldn't walk anymore, with the cold air making her shiver; she sat down. She just sat on the ground, even though there was a bench not to far.

It might be wobbly and break. Who knows? No one. She sighed and just leaned her head back against the wall, on hte verge of tears once again.

Deimos had been stocking up on wolfsbane and was just planning on going home when saw her. He froze for a moment, his dreadlocks blowing gently about his great dark face. They hadn't spoken since that night. The night he ruined everything. He blamed it on his stupid condition. And now he could see her, looking depressed and all alone. It was too much to bare.

Deimos began to walk towards Kyra, making minimal sound, sitting beside her in his usual outfit of flowing shirt, jeans and large black shoes. He was sat beside her in complete silence for a moment before notifying her of his presence. His voice was sweet and angelic. He was singing softly to the woman he had one felt safe with. "One day while I was searching.. For what I'll never find.. She walked into my story.. Said she could change my mind.." He turned to look fully at Kyra, a sympathetic look on his face. He had not meant to do what he had done and he was truly sorry for it. The wolf pushed away all friends he had. It didn't like others. It just wanted it to be Deimos and itself.

Kyra was near falling asleep, which might be dangerous, when she heard a soft, beautiful voice. Who did it belong to? Slowly she turned her head, her pony-tail shifting place. There was no way... Was she dreaming? Deimos was there, the exact person she had wanted to see, was there beside her; singing a love song! Her mouth dropped open the slightest.

"D-Deimos?" She asked with big eyes. She looked at him, up and down a few times; just to be sure. She then did the boldest thing she could possibly ever do, and hugged him. She just had to, whether he pushed her away or not. She just had to hug him again.

I love Lenny Cravitz!

Deimos embraced the hug. Something he had not expected to happen. He was genuinely happy to see Kyra again after so long. A lot had changed in his life and he really wanted to talk to her again. He wasn't entirely sure if he felt the same way towards her as he once had done but there was still a certain bond between them which he could instantly feel. He didn't know where to start with what he had to say; should he tell her the good things happening to him in life? Should he tell her about his job? About the nurse he had met? Or should he tell her that there was an eclipse in his heart where he had once seen her and finally something was filling that darkness?

He chose to start with the least complicated of things. "How have you been?" That was an easy enough thing to ask but would the answer be as simple? Was he about to get the guilt trip of his life?

Kyra was happy when he didn't push her away. And she held the position for a little while. When she let go she searchered his eyes for something, though she wasn't entirely sure of what she was looking for. When he asked how she was, she froze a bit. How was she? Lacking in sleep, slightly brokenhearted, and now she was scared of letting herself feel happy. "I've been as okay as I can get. How about you?" She asked him in a sincere tone. She wanted to hear what he had been doing since that night in the bar.

'Ouch'. She thought. She felt a twinge in her heart every time she remembered that night. He had left her there, and she hadn't even tried to go after him to find him. She was such a chicken.

"I'm alright. Much better than I was.. before." He avoided bringing up the last time they had met. It was not something he wanted to talk about. "I've got a job now." He smiled. He always smiled at the irony of his job. "I work in the Magical Creatures Regulation Offices." The title may have sounded impressive and Deimos may have found himself puffing out his chest when he said it but so far it had been dull. As the new guy, they were easing him in- or, in other words, they had little work for him to do. Most of the action was currently abroad in France where the Tri-Wizard Tournament was going on.

And now Deimos had do decide how much he would say to Kyra. His heart was heavy, wracked with guilt. "I've met other w-" He found his tongue caught and he failed to say the term. "Well, I've met others like me. I've also started taking potion for my condition. I'm hoping to start a support group. Perhaps write a book about.. it." Of course he wanted to do these things, it was no lie, but Deimos was kidding himself when he thought of writing a book about being a werewolf. He could never do that. He wasn't brave enough.

She looked down at how he paused before saying 'before'. She knew that he meant about the night, the night he had just disappeared. She nodded. "That's really great to hear." She was happy because he seemed happy, but, she still wished that he was even more happy because he was with her. Maybe he was... but, it sure didn't seem like it. "That's amazing! I'm glad you got a job!" She said with a smile. She couldn't tell if it was real or fake, they had gotten like that lately. She kept smiling, waiting for what he would say.

She hung on his last word, a 'w' word. women? Oh, who was she kidding, he was a man. She was relieved though, he meant werewolves. She tried hard not to look relieved, that would seem really selfish. She grinned even more when she found out he was now taking a potion, and even planning to start a support group! He was on the right track.... he didn't need her. "I-I'm so happy for you!"

Deimos could feel the tension between them. You could cut it with a knife. He was becoming confused of his feelings towards Kyra; he hadn't seen her in so long and when they had last met, he had declared his love for her but now.. Now, Deimos wasn't sure if he was attracted to her in such a way. And with every passing moment, he knew he wasn't. And it was eating away at his insides. He wanted to please Kyra, to say that he still loved her- But Deimos didn't lie. Alright, he did often avoid the difficult subject of his condition but once someone asked him about it, having sussed him out, he couldn't not tell them.

He had to face Kyra, the urge rising to lie, to say he still loved her.. But that had withered and died and Deimos felt ill. "Thanks," he said awkwardly, finding this conversation even harder. "So.. Have you been up to anything.. lately?" He was wondering if she'd met someone else- Of course that would be great and she would be happy but there was still something, a glimmer, at least a friendship between them.

Though Kyra tried to remain oblivious to the tension, she could feel it. It tugged at her heart; she knew something wasn't quiet right, but, what could she possibly do about that? She wasn't sure. She smiled at him as best she could, looking around an alley way. Something needed to distract her so that she wouldn't feel the way she was feeling. So she wouldn't have to think that she was stupid, and that he didn't care about her. He did, he had to right? He told her he loved her. Unless... unless there was someone else.

"Oh um..." What had she been up to. Crying, running, and eating ice-cream. Subjecting her body to everything that was bad for her, all because she was upset. Had he known about her before, about what she had went through... maybe he wouldn't have said that. Maybe she wouldn't be hurt. "Nothing..." She answered with a shrug.

((Sorry I haven't replied. I have been busy lately and I'm only just getting round to giving RPs my attention))

Deimos shot Kyra a sympathetic look. If there was one thing he knew about women it was that they put a certain amount of effort into concealing their true emotions and when 'nothing' was wrong, everything was wrong. He just wanted to hug her right there and then. However, he didn't. Deimos knew it would only make the situation worse. Because yes, it could get worse. He didn't really know how he felt towards her now, he didn't know how he felt towards anyone. So many women had suddenly appeared in his life all at once only months after he had abandoned Kyra at the Leaky Cauldron. He'd even met a female centaur and.. well, they had gotten on well. But this wasn't about the other women he had met. This was about Kyra, how he had just run off like that.

"I wish things hadn't happened like they had," Deimos said, eyes expressing all emotion, "but I can't rewind and do things again. And.." He wasn't going to say it, was he? It would only make the situation worse. He couldn't take care of anyone else when he couldn't even look after himself! "I don't know how I feel towards you; I like you but.. But I don't think I love you. I'm sorry. I don't think I can love anyone right now. All I do-" he stood up, his face full of emotion. "All I do is hurt people. I don't want to hurt you anymore. I-" but Deimos found his voice cracking with emotion. He brushed his great big hands over his face, a couple of tears dropping from his eyes. He began pacing. The wolf was pacing. It was ready to leave, to run like the last time. Deimos wouldn't allow it. He forced himself to remain pacing before Kyra.

The silence was deafening to Kyra's ears, and she heard the roar of her thoughts in the background. She could barely breath, so she took deeper, slower, and less noticeable breaths. She felt dizzy inside, and knew that her vision would blur from tears soon. She kept her eyes towards the ground, and the deafening screams telling her to just leave, were starting to make her uncomfortable; wanting to leave. It wouldn't be so bad if she just left it all behind. Again. She wondered if he knew, if she had told him; if he would do this. Then she heard him speak. She didn't look over this time, she just heard the words.

That's when she felt a shatter in her stomach. Why did she even stay to listen to a ,an who would just say that to her. Who would just hurt her again, 'that's all men do. They take, take , take!' She thought. She gritted her teeth as hard as she could, and watched him pace for only a second. How stupid could she be? She stood up and grabbed one of his shoulders. She looked into his eyes and said, "it's okay. At least you didn't leave without a word... like people have done before. Maybe... maybe some other time... but, not now." She said, and she turned and began to walk away, the tears spilling over every time she blinked or moved her eyes. This was... it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back