An unexpected leave

Toni laughed softly glad that Sam hadn't done perfect on the exams. It made her feel slightly better that Toni wasn't the only one that didn't do perfect on exams. Though she doubted Sam did as bad as she stated. Still it didn't really matter. As long as both Toni and Sam passed into their second year it would be more than perfect for her at least.

Smiling still at the fact that their year had made a mark. Even if Toni really hadn't made as big as a mark as she herself wanted. It was better than nothing. You have time to make your make on this school She thought her mind swirling with almost every thought except those of Beau. Thank God Sam was here to take her mind off things if only for this short while. Would she go back to crying and being depressed when he left? She hoped not to the extent that had stayed for days before.

"Oh come on your wand wouldn't have helped you if I was going to hex you" Toni said smirking at this. If only Toni was brilliant with her wand working. Really she wasn't the best. Sure she got wonderful grades in Charms and did rather good in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Still she was nothing wonderful, not much above the others at all. But as always she seemed to bring herself up to a level in which she was better. Much like she had done with her flying skills even if Sam and Knight had seen first hand she wasn't nearly as good as she bragged to be. Luckily they were nice enough not to continue to point that out.

Thinking about his next statement about quidditch, she shrugged once more. "First Years weren't allowed on the teams anyway. But next year" She repeated the wink "Next year we can go up against each other on the house teams and then it will be all worth it" She added hoping that this summer she would find time to really hit the Quidditch pitch. Possibly even buy that broom that she had put off so long getting.

Sam laughed, "Yeah I suppose your right.." He paused, "I could beat you without my wand!" Knowing that he didn't stand a chance without his wand he added a small nudge to show that he was just playing. Sam wished he was as good as some of the top students in his charms class. He only seemed to get the spells at the last minute or had to ask the professor to show it to him about ten times.

"Yeah but even if first years couldn't play...I'd just love to go to the matches. And watch Hufflepuff beat Slytherin." He said. He wanted to be on the team so bad and even if he didn't make it he would have loved to watch them. Which remined him that he still had the two tickets to see the Cannons play over the summer. He couldn't wait for that, but didn't know who to bring. Scorpius said he'd go if he couldn't find anyone else.

"You should drop in one of the days to QQS if you get a chance off work." He told her, "I'll getcha a discount." He winked, "So make sure to ask for me 'cause Henric might be there also." Sam didn't know if Henric and Toni were friends as they were both in the same house. As the thought of shopping passed his mind he realised that he might have to actually go again, "Do you think there'll be a big shopping list again?" He grumbled. He hoped it wouldn't be as big as last years. That list was endless!

((Again sorry I am so bogged down with school it isn't even funny anymore <_< ))

Toni rolled her eyes at Sam's comment. How had he made her feel better at this moment than she had in ages. It was almost unbelievable. Yet still not to her normal self, Toni did feel up to the smile that was now quite real shining on her face. "Oh whatever" She added returning the slight returning nudge.

Adjusting how she was sitting, Toni let out a small laugh at Sam's comment "How do you always know how to make me feel better" Toni said aloud not even commenting on Sam's comment about Hufflepuffs beating Slytherin in Quidditch. As if that could ever happen! Toni ran her hand through her hair and rubbed her eyes once more, her eyes were rather sore but it seemed like if she just stopped rubbing them they would be back to their right selves in a few days, well if she didn't cry at all.

"I'll ask for you, without a doubt" Toni said thinking about how she really needed to stop into the QQS and get a broom. It was really needed, at least in her opinion that shopping trip was needed. Though Toni rarely let down a shopping trip. "I don't think I would like to have Henric try to sell me a broom. Believe it or not he sort of gives me the creeps" Toni said shivering purposely. Henric still didn't seem to fit right with Toni, yet she didn't dislike him, exactly. Really she wasn't sure how she felt but if it meant that Toni had to spend more time with Henric, Toni would stick with not knowing how she felt.

A huge smile found it's way to Toni's face when Sam grumbled about the shopping trip that was required for the years. "I doubt the shopping this year will be too bad" Toni said glad that she didn't have to shop for boring items like books.

((Don't worry about it))

Sam laughed then shrugged his shoulders slightly. "Well your my best friend. It comes in the package." He smiled to her, he and Toni just seemed to click when they first met. They stayed friends after he got sorted into Hufflepuff, even after they broke up. He could officially say they got through, 'thick and thin'.

He laughed once more, "Gives you the creeps? I can see how he could. But you get used to him. I think his whole 'mysterious' personaility is just an act. Though he's putting up some barrier to stop anyone from finding out whats under the mask." He said more absent mindly as he thought about what happened with Hoshi. She had never told Sam the whole story. He doubted she would anytime soon.

"Excellant. 'Cause I really don't think I could shop like that again..." He said. That list was long he thought as he remembered throwing the list in the bin once he was done with it. "Though you made it loads easier being there." He added. "So thanks." He squeezed her shoulder though not that so tight that it would hurt her. "I really would not have been able to do that by myself." he smirked.

Toni smiled as Sam said that she was his best friend. Though she knew it, it just made her feel better that they had gone through so much and both of them considered each other best friends. Even most friends didnt' make it through what these two had gone through in one year, and still they were close. The drama wasnt' even over yet. Well at least Toni hoped this would be the last bit of drama. Once she got through this, she would be in the clear. If only that could be a one hundred percent statement of truth.

Though as Sam laughed at Toni's comment about Henric, Toni could only smile. How else would she describe Henric but by saying he gave her the creeps. That was just Henric, creepy, staring, and so mysterious Henric. "I just can't see me getting any closer to Henric Ever" Toni added confident about this statement. Even if Henric was in Slytherin, Toni didn't want to become friends or mostly not enemies with such a character.

Laughing a bit as Sam showed once more how much he hated to shop. Why were all boys like that. It just didn't make sense. It never would to this young Slytherin. "Well I had to help you shop. I mean you were like a lost puppy down there with all those many shops" She teased thinking that Sam could have probably been able to do it without Toni's help. It was just nice to know that she was appreciated.

Toni brushed off her outfit in the front which had seemed to have gotten a bit wrinkled from sitting this long. "Ok this has been a depressing enough visit" She said smiling at Sam truly thankful that he had stopped down just to see if she was ok. "But sitting here this long is wrinkling my outfit and that will not do" She added turning to look at Sam for a moment. "Does my face look awful and puffy? What about my hair?" She wondered knowing that guys usually didn't like questions like that being asked but still she needed to know before she got up and possibly went to get a bit of sunlight. Once in the population of the school, Toni would not let herself look sad or even less than perfect.

Sam laughed when she called him a lost puppy. "I don't see why there is so many bloody shops. Why can't there just be one, that sells everything!" Sam complained. Then it wouldn't be rather large and he'd still get lost in it. He didn't know how anyone could call it an interest of any sort.

He then turned to look at Toni once more as she brushed herself down. He smiled to himself but then she through all these questions at him. "You look beaut- fine." He said wanting to slam his head against the wall for his mess up. "You look fine. Honestly." he added quickly. Idiot! He thought to himself.

He then stood up and said rather quickly, "Yeah I..eh.. best be going." he said wanting to run out of dungeons and bury himself in a hole. Maybe she didn't notice? But it would be hard not to. He waited till she said something, hopefully just a 'okay, cya'.

Toni was glad that Sam didn't seem to take the lost puppy comment the wrong way. Really it was just meant loosely. Afterall when Sam was shopping, that is what Toni thought about. The smile still not fading from her face as Sam complained a bit more about the shops. "Oh come on would you really want a dress shop in the same store as a quiddtich shop?" Toni said rolling her eyes knowing using extremes like that for Sam would make her point. A dress and quidditch shop that was nothing less than ridiculous.

Though as Sam said she looked fine well at least his last comment was fine. Was he going to call me beautiful Toni wondered doubting that would ever happen. Why would Sam even think that anymore, if he ever did at all. Maybe I should just let it go She thought wanting to ask about it even if she managed to tease Sam in the process just to realize that or find out that it meant nothing, a slip of the tongue.

Standing up right after Sam seemed to jump up rather quckily. She let out a small smile. "Why the sudden rush" Toni teased slightly hoping that his small slip hadn't made a conversation or even the time uncomfortable. "But I understand" She said as she reached over and gave him a hug. "Thank you" She said simply hoping Sam knew how grateful she really was that she had him here.

Sam shrugged quickly, "I ought to be studying.." He mumbled quickly slurring his words slightly. Studying? Sam thought wanted to roll his eyes at himself. He really couldn't think well under pressure. He couldn't think at all under pressure. He never wanted to leave the dungeons so bad before.

Then Toni hugged him and he hugged her back. "Its not a problem." He said before realeasing her. "I just had to make sure you were alright. You're going to be fine though" He said forcing a small smile, trying to be as normal as possible. "So..I'll see you around then. Good luck in your exams if I don't see you till then." He said, then turned and headed towards the door. Walking not too fast but not too slow.

He had his hand on the doorknob and twisted it, he turned around one last time and smiled back to her then walked out of the dungeons. He closed the door quickly. Then leaned against it. "You twit!" He said quietly raised his head up to look at the high ceiling above him. After a couple of moments he shook it off and hurried up to his dorm but he was definitely not going to study, he didn't know what he wanted to do. Anything to keep his mind off what happened. He didn't know why it happened and he wasn't about to question it anytime soon.

Studying?!? Toni thought keeping a small smile on her face as if she believed Sam completely. Seriously did she just miss a sign that she should have caught. Was it just the slip of tongue that was making him act so? Toni really wasn't sure, but she thought she couldn't change anything either way. Though as Sam said she would be fine, Toni let out a small sigh not really knowing if she believed that she would be fine. Sometime she would be, hopefully. At least by next year she should be up to her normal self. That was if the summer with her family didn't totally kill Toni's mood.

"See you around Sam" Toni said flashing him a smile as he walked towards the door leaving the dungeons. Giving him a small wave as he left, she waited for him to shut the door before her smile growing slightly. "What a day" She said softly still not sure what her day was quite about yet. Her thoughts were still too rushed and busy to think about anything in particular so Toni tried to forget everything.

Turning her back, Toni walked back into the Slytherin common room. Taking a seat on the couch she spread out just watching the fire burn bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back