An unexpected leave

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam was confused. From a few snippets of conversations that he picked up on Beau had left. Toni's Beau. He really couldn't believe it, not that he cared about Beau in fact you could say Sam hated him. He just cared deeply for Toni who had to suffer through all of this. Something Sam knew very well.

He had looked for her for days, tried to catch up with her in classes but she always seemed the first to leave. His last option was the dungeons, his least favourite place in the entire castle, though as much as he hated them it would be where Toni was. He took of his Hufflepuff uniform- for safety reasons- and put on a shirt with an old pair of jeans and his converse. Sam then made his way down to the dank dull dungeons...

He had a few regrets along the way. What if she didn't want to talk? Which was probably true. What if she wouldn't come out of her dorm? Which was also something that was most likely to happen. He scratched his head at the entrance then turned to leave. He'd do this another day. No just do it He told himself halfway up the stairs. He bit his lip then walked quickly into the dungeons, he was going to do this.

Sam realised that he really didn't think it all through, where on earth would he find the common room? He didn't know how close to or far away from it he was. This was a bad idea. Though he wasn't going to give up that easily. Instead he leaned his back up against the cold wall and slid down it till he was sitting on the ground. A slytherin would have to pass by soon enough. Or so he hoped.

Toni for the most part was able to keep herself together all through this. She had only had one breakdown and that was in front of Taylor who promised to keep it between the two of them. Thankfully, Toni was able to keep herself together around Sam and Knight. She didnt' want them to know, not like she could hide it much longer that Beau was gone. She could however hide how she was feeling. That was all just acting which during this year, Toni had gotten surprisingly better at.

Laying on her bed in the dorm room, Toni looked up at the ceiling. The bracelet that Beau had given her that read his name and birth date was still on her wrist along with the necklace that he had given her for her birthday engraved with both their names. Toni doubted she would ever take off either piece of jewelry. Really they were all she had left of Beau.

As the minutes passed, Toni decided that she should probably get out of the dorm. Spending too much time in there would lead people to believing that she was actually as depressed as she was. Standing up, Toni ran her fingers through her hair. Taking a deep breath she walked out of the dorm and right through the common room without giving anyone the satsifation of eye contact. Still this young Slytherin's eyes were puffy from all the crying that had been taking place in the past days. Even the coverup didn't cover it all up though it helped.

Walking out of the common room, Toni shivered as the temperature changed. The dungeons were always colder than the common room. Though Toni couldn't bring herself to go out of the dungeons right now. Maybe she would spend a few minutes here. Yeah that sounds good She thought to herself walking around the dungeons until she noticed someone sitting on the floor. Letting out an audible sigh, she realized it was Sam.

"Hanging around in the dungeons?" Toni asked Keep yourself together Toni thought as she walked over and took a seat next to him flashing him a rather forced but believable smile.

Sam brought his knees up and rested his head against the wall. His eyes looked up to the low, dark, dirty ceiling. It was covered in cobwebs. Sam wasn't scared of spiders at all but turned his face away from it out of pure disgust.

He listened carefully for any sound, hopefully someone who could help him out a bit. Luckily there was footsteps, Sam strained his ears to hear which way they were coming. He looked around quickly to see who cause the footsteps. Toni. Though this Toni didn't look like the one he knew. She looked tired and her eyes were puffy. It was true. Beau was gone.

He watched as she sat down beside him as if everything was perfectly normal. He didn't answer her question, not really seeing the need to. "I know Toni." Sam said looking at her beside him. He felt angry that Beau was putting her through all of this. He knew how it felt and it wasn't a good feeling. He turned back to the plain dark wall opposite him waiting for Toni's answer.

Toni's smile faltered for a moment when Sam said he knew. Knew what? Of coarse the obvious answer was he knew that Beau was gone. But really Toni didn't want to talk about it or did she. Last time she tried to talk about it with Taylor, Toni only ended up crying more. There was no way she was going to break down in front of Sam, no way at all.

"What do you know?"Toni asked absentmindedly rubbing under her eyes hoping that they were not too puffy or tired looking. Now that might just give it all away. She didn't know if she could deal with that right now. Forcing another smile on her face, Toni pulled her knees up and wrapped her arms around herself. Glancing over at Sam she hoped he would say something unrelated to the whole Beau situation. Maybe he knew something other than that. Maybe he was just fishing for answers. Toni was soon going to figure it out.

Sam looked back at her quickly when she was still acting perfectly normal. How long was she going to keep this from him? "About Beau.." Sam said as if it was completely obvious. She didn't have to act so tough around him, its not like she would lose all of his respect by crying. Sam would still look at her like the normal Toni.

As silence filled the empty dungeons. Sam opened his mouth to speak; to say he was sorry about the whole thing. But he wasn't. He wasn't sorry Beau had left, he was just sorry that Toni had to go through all of this. In one way Sam was a little annoyed that Beau had left- as much as he hated Beau- Sam hadn't seen Toni happier, which ate him up a little but he tried not to think about it.

He tried again and opened his mouth to speak, "Its crap isn't it?" Sam sighed referring to the feeling of having someone leave when you least expect it. Someone you cared about.

Toni looked away from Sam when he mentioned Beau. Stay strong Toni thought not able to look at Sam in the eyes for awhile. It was hard enough to deal with the whole Beau leaving. But it hurt to know that Sam was happy about him leaving. "Oh" Toni said finally a small simple word that was almost a whisper.

What did Sam expect her to say? Did he expect her to turn to him and cry? Tell him how much this was eating her up inside? Well Toni was determined to not let that happen. Listening to the silence fill the dungeons Toni let out one more sigh leaning her head on her knees for only a moment.

Bringing her head back up at Sam's next comment, Toni didn't know whether to snap at him or laugh. How badly she really did just want to freak out. Yell saying that he didn't care that Beau was gone. Yet really Toni had no right. Toni wanted to have a party when Jenna left. "I guess we are in the same boat" Toni said glancing over at Sam for a moment, the smile no longer imprinted on her face.

"And it sucks." She continued "But I'm fine. I really am. So if you came down here to make sure I am then your job is done" Toni said not meaning to sound as mean as her tone happened to be in her last comment. Sam was probably trying to be nice about this whole thing, Toni just didn't know what else to say. Looking into the darkness of the dungeons, Toni almost wished that she hadn't come out of her dorm.

Sam nodded slowly. They were in the same boat, but it had been about a month since Jenn had left. He was past the worst of it. The stage that Toni was at now.

He looked at her awkwardly, she had never spoke to him like that before. "You don't sound 'fine'." Sam told her in a calm soft tone, but also quite stubbornly. She didn't look fine either but he wasn't about to say that anytime soon, he just looked away from her as she looked away from him.

"Look Toni..I don't know why your putting on this 'tough' charade. I know more than anyone else how it feels so there isn't much point pretending." He turned to see if she was looking at him or showed any expression that she was listening. "Its just me. Just Sam and I don't care if you cry or shout at me! Your my best friend and thats not going to change." He paused for a breif moment. "Believe me keeping it in won't help.." He said slowly. Not knowing how she was going to react to his advice but he wasn't going to leave anytime soon.

Toni kept her gaze in the darkness of the dungeons ahead of her. Really she didn't want to lash out at Sam. He was trying to be helpful but really Toni didn't know if she wanted to be pitied. Was that even what Sam was doing, piting her? Toni doubted it but still she didn't want the chance. I will be fine She thought almost wondering when that will actually happen.

Reaching for the bracelet on her write, Toni traced the engraved words which just happened to be Beau's name and birthday over and over not saying anything for awhile as she just listened to Sam speak. "I'm not going to cry" Toni said finally her voice not as loud and confident as she would have liked it to be. Sighing slightly she looked over at Sam. "Ok" She said not knowing what she wanted to say.

"I can handle this" She said not knowing if the comment was really more to convince herself or to convince Sam. "I just" She paused again looking away as she placed her head on her knees. "It's not fair" Toni said finally not knowing what she meant exactly. It wasn't fair that Beau had to leave. It wasn't fair that Toni had to go through this. It wasn't fair that Sam had to go through the same thing. It wasn't fair that they had so much drama. Though Toni didn't want to say that all allowed. It was just more like whining to Toni to actually state this all. Instead her simple statement would due.

"You're probably so happy that he's gone. You hated him" Toni said a slight hint of anger in her voice. How could anyone be happy that Beau was gone?

Sam didn't say anything when she said that she wasn't going to cry, it wasn't like he'd judge her but obviously she thought different of him. He folded his arms across his chest and waited for her to say something. But her 'something' was just an 'Okay'. He waited for her to elaborate on that. He noticed she was fiddling with something on her wrist, he saw it was a bracelet. Probably from Beau Sam pressumed but didn't comment on it further.

Sam turned to look at her once more as she began to continue. "I know you can handle this. You will get through this." He told her knowing that she was someone who could get back on track. "You're strong like that..." He said with a faint smile on his face. Once she said it was unfair, he nodded. He could definetly agree with that, "Yeah I know it is." he said slowly. "This whole year has been unfair." He added truthfully.

Sam picked up on the anger in her voice. She had no reason to be angry at him. It wasn't like she was a fountain of tears when Jenn had left. Sam didn't know what to say to that. How would he answer it without her lashing out at him? He took a moment before saying, "Well..I do have good reason to.." He said it quietly. What, was he supposed to be best buds with the boy who had kissed his girlfriend?

"But in a way.." Sam said, not really believing he was telling her this. "He made you happy. The happiest I've seen you." He tried not to say the words through his teeth, in a jealous way. Why would I be jealous? He questioned himself. He shook his head unnoticably. "Its a pity that its happened is all." he said quickly just wanting to get the sentence out. Of coarse he was glad Beau had left but he wondered would Toni be as happy as she was, again?

Toni didn't really know how this conversation was going to end out. Out of all the people that Toni didn't want to talk to about this whole situation it was Sam. It wasn't that Sam wouldn't understand. Possibly he was the one that understood the most after losing Jenna, but it was just odd. The whole situation, drama filled situation.

Really she wanted to keep her head on her knees her blonde hair covering her face, Toni decided that she ought to at least look at Sam. He had come down to the dungeons in the first place to see her. Or maybe he was just seeing Hoshi and I happened to come along first Toni thought making herself feel better about the ping of anger she was feeling towards Sam. Why she was angry at him was even unsure to this first year Slytherin. Yet even unknown the anger remained.

Letting out a small sigh when Sam seemed so supported. He knew that she would get through this. How could he know this? Toni wasn't even sure. A small smile feel on her lips for a moment only to soon fade off.

"No" Toni said simply when Sam said that he had reason to hate Beau. "You should hate me but you don't" She said almost as quiet as a whisper. It was a true statement in Toni's mind and still she had never been able to say it out loud until now. Even if now wasn't the time, she had to at least try to bring it up even if it was left with what she said and not a comment came out of Sam's mouth. Toni had put Sam through that whole drama and he hated Beau and not her. It made no sense to this young twelve year old.

Yet as Sam continued to speak a small smile found it's way to Toni's face once more. "He did make me happy" She said thinking about the memories that the two of them had in that short period of time. "But" She began pausing for a few seconds to find a way to phase her words right. "I'll still be happy now. It just may" Another pause "Take some time" She finished wondering how much time she really was going to need to get over this.

"Does everyone else know?" Toni asked the question swirling her mind ever since Sam said he knew. "That Beau's...gone" She said the word gone not wanting to come out of her mouth at first.

Sam wished he could just go back in time and stop himself from saying what he just said. But he couldn't so he just waited again in silence without moving for Toni to speak to him once more.

Though what she said next caught him of guard a little. Hate her? Sam paused and thought about what he would say. They had never discussed what happened with Toni and Beau and him and Jenn since they broke up. Was now the right time? He didn't think there would ever be a right time for them to talk about it and since it was up in the conversation now, he decided to go along with it.

"To be honest. I tried." He said looking away from her, not really wanting to see her reaction. "I tried to hate you....but I couldn't." He bit his lip to stop himself saying anything else. But what he had said was true, he couldn't hate Toni. So he just pushed all his hate towards Beau.

"You should hate me. After I.." Sam said slowly, stilll not really wanting to say anything. In fact he wanted to just walk up and leave but he couldn't leave Toni now. "...after I kissed Jenna." He made a brave move and took a glance at Toni he then looked away quickly and shifted his body a little.

Once she confirmed that Beau made her happy, Sam couldn't help but feel the pang of jealousy once more. He didn't even know what he was jealous of. It was just there. "Yeah I know.." he said quietly, "You'll be back to yourself at some stage." No matter how long it took for Toni to be over Beau and be happy once again, Sam was going to be there for her.

Sam shook his head. But he didn't really know if it was true or not, was he the only one that knew? "Well..I don't think so.." He added to shaking his head. "I didn't tell anyone if thats what you mean." It wasn't his place to tell anyone about Beau leaving. That was Toni's job, when she felt ready to. He just happened to have found out from passing students.

Toni still had her arms wrapped around her legs almost as if she wanted to just get up and walk away but that small gesture was keeping her legs from just walking away. This conversation was dangerious to start from now it was going into the waters that Toni had never really imagined it would. They were on the topic of the whole situation in which Sam and Toni broke up. Maybe it was Toni's fault for bringing up that Sam should hate her or maybe it was Sam's fault for continueing on with the topic. Who's every fault if one was at fault, the topic was out in the open and Toni for some reason knew she couldn't just not talk about it.

Shifting slightly she kept her eyes on Sam as he spoke. He seemed uncomfortable not that Toni was completely confortable with the conversation at all. Yet as he said that he tried to hate her a small smile filled her lips. He couldn't hate me She thought happily quickly having the smile vanish as Jenna was brought back into the conversation. Just her name made a slight emotion of anger and even jealous appear on Toni's face if only for a slightly passing second.

Never had Toni liked Jenna and really she doubted that she ever would. not that I ever have to worry about it now She thought happily only to remember that Jenna was not the only one that was gone out of her life. Shifting once more her position, Toni tried to make the air of this place more comfortable if only for her to get in a comfortable sitting position. It didn't seem to work.

"You know I could never hate you. Be angry at you, but not hate you" She paused seeing how true the statement was almost wondering why it was true. Toni had hated so many people in the short time she had been around yet Sam no matter what he did or would do, Toni could not hate him. Was that the same with Knight and Taylor? In a way Toni didn't know if the answer would be completely yes, probably it would be. It would take something to happen for her to figure out and at the moment Toni didn't think she could take any more eventful drama.

A small feeling of happiness bubbled up inside this young Slytherin as Sam admitted that he didn't think many people knew about Beau's leaving. Though Toni found it obvious, maybe others didn't pay so much attention to the matter. "I don't think I am going to tell anyone" Toni said looking away almost not wanting to look at Sam when she spoke of matters revolving around Beau. "I mean they will figure it out soon or a later" She added quietly. I really miss him She thought not wanting or maybe it was that she was unable to say the words aloud. Carefully resting her head on her legs once more, Toni remained silent afraid that if she would finally speak that the tears would soon follow. The silence was so much better than her breaking down at least in her eyes it was.

Sam rested the palms of his hands on the cold surface of the dungeon floor. He waited for Toni to say something as the air that was already uncomfortable seemed to get more and more with every minute of silence. But once she had he couldn't help but let a smile appear on his face. But he wiped it off quickly knowing that now was not a time to smile.

In a way, Sam was glad they were having this conversation. It had always been in the back of his mind. No matter how much he wanted to be rid of it, he couldn't. It was out in the open now and they were sharing their thoughts on it. Maybe they could offically move on and forget about the whole thing? Sam hoped so, he hoped that they wouldn't have to talk about it ever again.

Sam nodded understandingly as she told him that she wouldn't tell anyone. He never had that option as Hoshi and Knight knew from the letters they received from Jenna herself. The next sort of silence that filled the air wasn't the same uncomfortable atomosphere, it was a sad atomosphere. Sam looked over at Toni quickly, who was miserable. He really was useless in these kind of situations.

He turned away and bit his lip out of awkwardness. He streched his arm out as it was the first thing that came into his mind, but hesistated and withdrew, but thought quickly against it and put his arm around her shoulders. It was the first time in a long time he had done this but this time it was just a friendly, comforting gesture. Nothing more. "Its going to be okay." he said in quiet tone, a whisper almost. Sam was positive Toni would get through this.

Toni wondered what Sam was going to say if he said anything at all. Instead she just waited listening to the silence of the dungeons in a way praying that no one would come out of the Slytherin dorm and just happen upon both Sam and her. That was all Toni needed was someone to see her in this state, not that to the passing eye she looked all that upset.

Not bothering to look up when Sam put his arm around her shoulder. Instead a light smile formed her lips as she inched slightly closer a centimeter if that. It was more that she needed someone right now and Sam had basically offered up a shoulder to cry on literally. Not that Toni was going to cry, not that in the moment she could.

"I don't know what I would do without you" Toni said softly looking up at him for a moment only to flash him a small smile. Yet the words that had just come out of her mouth made her stomach turn when she said them. Looking down at the ground, Toni felt almost bad. She had used that same statement when Beau had left. Now she was using it with Sam. Though it was for different reasons, it still felt wrong.

Sam moved a little closer after Toni had so it wasn't a streach for his arm anymore. If Sam hadn't put his arm around her and thought about it, he would have just pressumed that it would be inappropriate and would feel really strange. But it wasn't. It felt quite normal, as it should with friends.

Sam smiled back to her, but only a small smile. He knew when Jenna left him he hated seeing people happy all the time. That was a little stupid of him but it was how he felt. "You'd manage just fine without me." Sam said quickly after she told she wouldn't know what she'd do without him.

Sam didn't think there would be much difference if he had left Hogwarts. Would it even be noticed? The thing was that Sam wouldn't know what he would do without Toni, she was his best friend and things really wouldn't be the same without her. Even in those couple of months when he hadn't spoken to her he missed her terribly. If she was gone completely, it would break his heart.

Toni was more than glad just to have Sam here. Not that she felt like he needed to be here. Actually she felt bad that he was spending his time in the dark and cold dugeons when it was so nice outside. Really it was all Toni's fault or at least that is how she felt. Maybe that had something more to do with the fact that she felt it was her fault that Beau was gone. This whole situation, this whole year all felt like this young Slytherin's fault.

Toni continued her gaze at the ground thinking about how dependent she must seem. All tore up about Beau leaving now close to Sam leaning on him for support. It was just a mess of a situation in which Toni hoped to never again be stuck in. Possibly she would just give up drama once and for all. If only it was that easy. Drama seemed to follow Toni and their group no matter what anyone did or said.

Just suck it up and stop being weak She thought lifting her head to glance over at Sam for a second. Would she be ok without him? No She thought forcefully. She wouldn't be ok if Sam left. Sam was her best friend. This young girl couldn't manage the loss of Beau and Sam. That would be way too much for her to handle.

"I think I would be a complete hermit if you left me too. I don't think I would have much reason to leave the dorm" Toni said a hint of joking in her tone though it was all truthful. If Sam ever left her would she even stay in school. Probably. Would she even leave the dorm. Probably not.

"You don't have to stay here" Toni said hoping that Sam didn't feel obligated to stay here. "After all this is a rather depressing place" She added with a small laugh, not her normal laugh but still a start in the right direction.

Sam beamed internally, but didn't show it on his face, only a small smile rested on his lips. Though he knew that it was an exaggeration, it still make him feel good. But maybe she was just saying this to make him feel better? Probably. "Well you'd still have Knight and Taylor but why am I even saying this. I'm not even going anywhere!" He chuckled softly.

"I don't mind, honestly." he said. He did think the dungeons were dark and depressing but he'd stay for Toni. "I'm just giving you company. Wheter you want it or not." he said with a laugh. Most of the time Sam didn't want company when Jenna left but when he had it, it kept his mind of it and helped. He hoped it was the same for Toni. "But if you want me to leave, I can." Sam told her. He didn't want Toni to feel that she was stuck with him, he could go back up to his dorm and...study. The thought made him phsyically ill.

Toni saw the small smile on Sam's lips. She hoped that he knew she meant her words with one hundred percent truth. It was going to be hard enough without Beau but without one of her best friends Toni didn't think she would be able to make it through this whole thing. Don't think about it She thought smiling as Sam mentioned Knight and Taylor. Though Toni wasn't sure she wanted to face Taylor right now. Afteral she had broken down in waves of tears during their last meeting. Taylor probably thought Toni was one big baby and that bugged Toni so much it wasn't even believable. "You bet you're not going anywhere. I would really have to kill you if you even thought about it" She said joking of coarse with the last part.

Sighing slightly she couldn't really believe that Sam was being this nice to her. Maybe after everything Toni didn't believe she deserved this, this kindness, his friendship, any of it. "No I like the company" Toni said truthfully leaning her head slightly on his shoulder hoping that Sam didn't take it the wrong way. As well as she hoped it wasn't crossing the friendship line. If so Toni guessed Sam would tell her. Hopefully she wasn't though. That would just add negativity to the situation.

"So how have you been?" Toni asked hoping to turn the conversation away from her for a moment.

Sam nodded and smiled as she rested her head on his shoulders, "Well good. I like the company too even if it has to be this way. But you know I'm here for you. Always." he told her with a slight cheerful tone in his voice. In a way Sam was glad she had moved on with the conversation, it would keep her mind of it for awhile if they talked about something else.

"I've been good. Studying is a pain..but y'know..getting through it." Sam was getting over Jenn little by little and was glad for it. He was glad that he was not hung up on her for too long. "I'm looking forward to the summer break though. A lot." He continued. He couldn't wait not having to get up early in the morning and be able to stay up as late as possible.

"You'll still come over right? One of the days?" He asked her. Though maybe she wouldn't want to meet Ava or even come up to his home. Well, Sam hoped that the day Toni was up Ava would be out of the house.

((Sorry I took so long to reply))

Toni rolled her eyes as Sam mentioned studying. That was something that Toni really didn't want to do now. It was actually the farthest thing from her mind now. "I haven't even started to study yet" Toni said truthfully wondering if she would even bother. Though she had put a lot of effort into this years work only to get wonderful grades to set the bar high for her sisters next year, Toni wasn't sure if at this moment she cared about that right now.

Yet Toni guessed that Sam meant he was getting through as if getting over Jenn. That was a great thing in Toni's mind, even though she wondered why it didn't make her as happy as she had expected. Maybe things would be different if Beau hadn't left. If he hadn't, Toni may have thrown a party in honor of Sam getting over that Hufflepuff brat. As of now, there would be no party.

Her thoughts drifted for awhile until she tuned in right to hear Sam's comment on Summer. "Oh I know I can't wait" She admited pushing a bit of hair out of her face as she wondered if she would really go over to his house during summer. This was the second time he offered so maybe it was a real offer after all.

"Yeah I'd still like to come over" She said a thin smile grazing her lips. "Only if you come visit my house. Hopefully only my mum, Madison, Skye, and Bailey will be there. They are the only ones at the New Zealand house" Toni said thinking how she would much rather be able to stay home all summer by herself without the watchful eyes of her triplet sisters and the babysitting duties that would probably be handed to her.

"We even have a pool" Toni said smiling still a little more than before as she thought about swimming in something other than the filthy lake that they had here at this school. Disgusting was the only word that seemed to discribe that body of water. "Swimming without mermaids and gross water" She said looking forward to summer more and more with this thought.

((No worries :) ))

"I may aswell not even started yet. Nothing has been going in." He said stubbornly. He hated that fact about him, he couldn't just focus and get his head stuck into a book- a quidditch book maybe- but a potions or herbology? Not a chance. He was glad he wasn't the only one who wasn't all that bothered about these exams. Afterall they were only first years. These exams wouldn't count all that much.

"Yeah I can't wait just to be rid of this year." Sam said, he was pretty relieved summer was so close. His main goal was to stay out of drama next year. He was going to enjoy it and have fun. He hated the fact that his first year at hogwarts was going to be thought as the 'drama' year. "Even if it means I have to live in my dorm to stay out of drama. I will." he laughed.

"Great!" Sam said happily and turned his head towards Toni and listened as she explained her house. "A pool?!" Sam said. He didn't have a pool. His uncles house barely passed the descriptions of a cottage. Now he regretted inviting Toni to visit his house. Her house probably looked like a mansion compared to his. "Well..eh..don't be expecting anything as cool as a pool at my house." He said sheepishly. "But I'd love to." he added quickly realising he hadn't accepted her invite.

Toni wanted to let out a small laugh but it didn't seem to want to come out of her mouth. Instead the smile just seemed to stay. "Well I bet you will do fine" Toni admitted thinking that Sam was smart enough to get great grades. Hopefully Toni would just get by enough that she could aim for prefect in her fifth year. That was really what she was aiming for other than the fact she wanted to kill her sister's grade wise. Not wanting to even let her thoughts drift to exams, she focused back on the conversation.

"You won't have to live in your dorm" Toni said a small laugh now finally managing to leave her mouth. "I doubt anything can add up to this year. Drama wise I mean" Toni said knowing quite well that this should be a true statement. What else could possibly happen in the lives of this group that could add to anymore drama? At the moment Toni couldn't think of anything at all, yet surprises always seemed to happen.

Yet Toni seemed to almost think that mentioning her pool was a bad idea. Sam knew that the Addison family had some money, well more than some. Well at least Toni thought everyone knew that. Was it completely awful to mention the objects such as a pool that she had at her house in front of Sam? Did it make him feel bad? Of coarse not She thought happily as she looked over at him lifting her head off his shoulder and smiled slightly. "I bet your house is great." She said. "But that's great" She added her tone for once actually hinting on happy as Sam agreed to make a trip visit to Toni's house.

Thinking of her home, Toni wondered how her mother would deal with Sam coming over. Probably not care an ounce. Though Toni's sisters would probably have a good time making fun of Toni for bringing a boy home, even if Sam was nothing more than a friend.

Looking out at the dungeons, Toni wondered where everyone was and why no one seemed to wonder around the dungeons. Yet her thoughts moved closer to the fact that summer was coming. "You know what is going to suck about summer though" Toni began. "That we can't use magic at home" She finished realizing that summer meant no magic for about the first time right then.

"Well, I hope I'll do better than our Christmas exams. I really blew them!" He laughed. "Though you'll do great I'm sure." Toni was smart, Sam had to work to be smart. He couldn't just enter an exam without opening a book unlike some people who could.

"Yeah. Hopefully." he said to her, "The new first years better get as much drama as we got." He smiled, "We have to take a break." Sam laughed quietly, maybe they wouldn't get a break. Drama just seemed to chase them around. Just have to wait till next year he thought to himself. Though he secretly thought that drama usually revolved around girls, he would make sure he wouldn't get caught up with a girl next year.

"Well its my uncles house, originally my grandmothers...I think." He told her. At home in England, the Prince family were wealthy due to high job postions in the ministry. But in New Zealand, Colin - Sam's uncle - was a repairman. He didn't own anything of great value and lived a simple life. Sam wondered how long Ava would last as she was very materialistic.

Sam had never even gave a thought to not using magic over the summer. "Woah your right. I never even realised that!" Sam loved using his wand and carried it everywhere with him. He had it in his jeans pocket there and then. "I'll probably use my wand without thinking and get expelled or something." He joked but in the back of his mind knew he would do something stupid like that. He was definietly going to hide his wand in a drawer or at the top of his wardrobe.

He looked around the dark dungeons realising there hadn't been a single student pass by. Probably all studying, though he didn't know Slytherins were that dedicated to their work. Not all of them anyway. "Hey? Where is everyone?" He asked Toni continuing to look around and straining his ears for a sound of anyone.

Toni shook her head slightly. "I doubt you blew them" Toni said not imagining that Sam could really do too bad on anything like that. "Besides missing one answer does not mean that you blew the whole exam" She teased slightly nudging Sam a bit.

Smiling slightly as Toni thought about the newly coming in first years. Her sisters included. How funny it would be if they fell into some of the drama Toni had to go through. Madison would probably go around too happy and bubbly to care. Skye would literally kill someone if anyone caused her drama. Then there was Bailey would might cry if everything that seemed to happen this year happened to her. Letting a smile form on her lips, Toni leaned back a bit more on the wall.

"I think we made our mark on the school. I mean I doubt any other year could pull up as much trouble and drama that our year had" She said almost with a hint of pride in her voice. That was probably a good thing that their year made an impression.

Listening to Sam as he spoke of his house, well in reality his uncle's house. "Either way I bet it's great." She said picturing an old victorian sized house. Remembering that Sam once spoke of a cousin. Maybe she would be there as well, Toni was actually looking forward to meeting some of Sam's family.

Toni let out a small laugh when Sam had forgotten about the no magic rule. "I think we are all going to have to get used to not being able to use wands. I mean I carry mine everywhere" Toni explained thinking about how she seemed to always find a way to keep it with her even when she knew she wouldn't need it. "I'll probably still carry it around. Just in case" She added knowing that nothing would really happen. It was almost that she felt safer with the wand, or maybe she just couldn't part with it. In a way it made her feel so much older than the rest of her siblings who did not yet have their wands, superior in a way.

When Sam asked where everyone else was, Toni simply shrugged. "Really I don't know. Probably outside." She said almost glad that no one was around. Not that she didn't want to be seen with Sam for she didn't really care about the house separation anymore, but she just didn't want to be bothered by anyone that would have questions about anything that had recently happened. It seemed Beau's disappearance led to people questioning Toni as to what happened. Really Toni was not yet up to answering to anyone yet.

"Maybe they are having a secret quidditch match that they didn't tell you about" She suggested looking over of coarse joking.

"Yeah. But missing like three quarters of them does." He laughed, he was extremely slacking in his first term. He told himself it was just that he was getting used to the whole atomosphere of hogwarts but he sort of knew that if he didn't try in this semester it'd just be the same as the first semester.

"Yeah we really did make our mark even if there was a few complaints." Sam knew there definietly were what with all the pranks pulled around the school. He doubted any other year did that in their first year. The next first years had a lot to live up to. Especially trying to beat Hoshi's pranks, they were legendary. He'd love to see them try.

"Same. I have mine with me now!" He laughed patting his jeans pocket with his free hand. "I only brought it 'cause I thought you'd hex me for coming to see you." He smirked jokingly. He knew Toni wouldn't do that though he brought it down out of habit. He was so used to carrying it all around the school, going in and out of classes. It was always there. It'd be weird not having it there over summer.

Sam rolled his eyes playfully, "Oh yeah. Thats it!" he said sarcastically. "Speaking of quidditch though, its a pity the season didn't kick off this year isn't it? I was really hoping to kick some Slytherin butt!" He winked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back