An Interesting Turn of Events

Sumner witnessed the rest of the events in a kind of numb state. He came back to himself at the touch of her soft fingers against his injured jaw. Chace's departure left him with a vague feeling of regret but mostly relief. He sighed and let his shoulders relax. "I'm sorry," he murmured softly, wrapping his arms hesitantly around Kat and leaned his head down to press his cheek against hers. He pulled away after a moment and looked down at her. "Are you alright?"

Kat closed her eyes and rubbed her cheek against Sumner's, completely forgetting about Chace. Some things were just better left dead and buried and the subject of what she and Chace had ever had was one of those. She sighed when he pulled away, not liking the feeling of being away from him at all even for a second. "I'm fine now. I don't need anything but this...being just like this with you," she said giving him an intense stare and then without thinking Kat wrapped her fingers through his hair once more and brought him closer to her and whispered, "Just this." She placed her lips gently on his, but her kiss became more urgent...almost like she was hungry for it.

Sumner pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her. Yes this was where he wanted to be. Here. Now. With her. Losing himself to her kiss. His lips moved and even though his shoulders began to ache from having to stoop to reach her, it was worth it. She was worth it. Special and unique. And hopefully his friend forever.

Pulling back only because she needed to breathe, Kat rested her forehead against his chest. What had started out as an okay day, turned into a crap day, and had now ended a one of the most perfect days of her young life. This was the feeling that Andy had told her about the end of last year...this was what she'd been looking for and right when she least expected it. Kat looked up at Sumner, a kind of dreamy look in her eyes, but she could tell that there was still something troubling him. "You gonna tell me about it?" she asked sincerely, wanting him to know that he could trust her with anything.

How could he have missed this? His mates back home had bragged and brayed about snogging nearly every girl in their year. Sumner wasn't like that though. He held traditional views and none of the silly chits he'd met in his young life had ever tempted him. Not until he'd met the one in his arms.

At her softly spoken question, Sumner's chin quivered for a split second, his eyes over bright. Blinking rapidly he nodded then looked around. "Not here."

Whatever it was must have been hard for him. Kat nodded in understanding, brushing back the hair from his forehead and trailing her hand down his jaw line and running her finger lightly over his lips. With her blue eyes softly upon him she said, "You wanna go somewhere else then? Anywhere...I'm all yours where ever you want to go." She sighed slightly at how cheesy it sounded, but couldn't help but crack a small smile at how incredibly true it was.

His eyes closed and he turned his face into her palm. A small smile played across his mouth. "Yes. Let's get of here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back