An Empty Classroom?

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam returned from Herbology class ready to almost collapse on his bed. His head was pounding and that class was incredibly boring. Sam knew that a new guy had moved in, Kates cousin James. He seemed to be still unpacking his things and the common room was always full of people. The grounds were also full of students, it was such a nice day after all.

Walking up the thrid corridor Sam seen an empty classroom, he looked behind him then slipped inside closing the door after him. He threw his bag on one of the desks and slumped himself in a chair. He wasn't going to do his herbology assignment now, not when he felt like craming his head into a pillow. Instead he just put his feet up on the chair and looked out of the small window, sunlight pouring in. For once he was glad to be alone.

Taylor yawned as she made her way through the castle. She always found herself feeling tired when there was nothing to do. She had been alone all afternoon and it was incredibly calming. She had also found several places that she hadnt known were there before. Walking along the third corridor, she looked out each window she walked past and occationally tried some doors to see if they were open.

After she had tried 4 doors previously, she had concluded they were all locked. Stepping up to one last door that she was going to try, she pushed it open with ease. A little surprised she stepped into the empty classroom, only to find it not empty at all. A boy sat in one of the chairs. He seemed familiar, but Taylor couldnt tell from the back of his head. Curiosity getting the better of her, Taylor stepped in the class further, walking around the boy to see Sam. He seemed glad to be alone, so Taylor wondered whether she should leave him that way. Flashing him a smile she thought it best to say hi first. "Hey, what you doing in here all by yourself?" She asked with a tilt of her head, letting her long blonde hair fall to one side.

Sam heard someone open the door and Sam rolled his eyes, "Can't a guy just have a moments p-" Sam mumbled before noticing it was Taylor. He didn't mind at all then. He just pressumed it was some snotty Slytherin, people he could not handle right now. He wanted to flush himself right down a toliet but he just hoped she hadn't heard. "Sorry." he said quickly. "Hi Taylor, dunno. Just wanted to get away from it all. That and I had a crappy Herbology class." Sam muttered, he really was not in his best form today and he pitied Taylor for having to find him like this.

Sam mumbled something, Taylor didnt quite catch what it was, but it didnt sound friendly. She was set to turn around and leave the classroom, but when he saw that it was her he seemed to soften a bit. She heard a sorry, so she stayed where she was. "Im sorry too, i can go if you want. I know what its like to want some time to yourself." She gave him a warm smile, she then crinkled her nose. "Ugh i hate Herbology." She shuddered for dramatic affect, before letting out a small laugh. She sobered and looked at Sam seriously with a raised eyebrow. "Is everything ok? Or is it just a bad day?" She asked a little concerned.

"Don't apoligise, I'm just being narky. C'mon sit down." Sam said pointing to the chair beside him. "Yeah we got Styx." Sam already hated this teacher, "How did you get?" He asked her, he heard Professor Rambolt was a lot nicer, he wondered if Taylor was lucky enough to get her. "Yeah everything is great. Just a bad day is all." Sam explained. He didn't really know what got him into this bad humour. "What about you? How're things?" He asked her, his voice back to its usually calmness.

Taylor took the seat Sam had indicated. "Bigger ugh, I had Styx too last semester, isnt he great?" She said with a wide smile, her voice laced with super evident sarcasm. She listened as Sam said he was just having a bad day and she let out a breath of relief. She hoped everyone was having a more peaceful time than they had last semester, what with all the love triangles and fights and such. "Im doing okay, kinda wish i was still at home, but still glad im back at school all the same." She said with a smile.

Sam shook his head sadly, "At least your done with him though.." This was just Sam's first lesson with him and he already felt like he had had him for weeks. As Taylor said that she wished that she was still at home. Sam gave her a quizzacal luck, almost everyone he knew was glad to be back at Hogwarts. Sam hadn't left it. But Sam didn't question it, she could explain when or if she wanted to. "Have any pains of subjects in this semester?" Sam was glad he didn't have History of Magic or Astronomy this semester.

Taylor nodded in an understanding way. "Yeah i know what you mean, but as long as you do well in that class, he's fine." She smiled softly. Sam gave her a look, he clearly didnt understand her wish to return home. She sat back in her chair and crossed her arms lazily over her chest. "Im just a little worried about my Mum thats all, plus i love being home. I'm much too family orientated." She said, staring at the ceiling.

Sam asked a question and Taylor looked back at him and shrugged. "Too early to know yet. Most arent too bad. Im looking forward to Charms and Transfiguration later in the year though." She said eagerly. "Like when we properly get into it and everything." She couldnt wait to learn charms, basic, simple spells have always been Taylor's favourite things to perform. Things wizards take for granted that muggles cant do.

When Taylor said she was just worried about her mum, Sam was about to ask why but decide not to. She could tell him if she wanted to but he wasn't going to pprie someanswers out of her. "Yeah Transfiguration is good alright." Sam had very much enjoyed that class last term. "We share Charms with you guys right?" He asked. Taylor was the only Gryffindor that he really knew, with the few others he was on a first name basis.

Taylor gave Sam a smile, she appreciated that he respected her privacy about her Mum and didnt ask questions, like Taylor knew some of her other friends would have. Taylor listened and was glad to hear that Transfiguration was enjoyable. It was a subject she was highly looking forward to and would be let down if it wasnt up to her expectations of it. "Yeah," She said in regards to whether they had Charms together. She was then stuck for another conversation topic, so went for the obvious. "How have things between you andeveryone else been going. Hopefully things have settled down now?"

Sam nodded, "Things have been great thanks." Sam said happily. Things were great, it wasn't awkward between Toni and Sam anymore and things with Jenn were perfect. He knew that Taylor was out of the loop back then but it seemed to be drifting in the past now, it wasn't really a subject spoke of anymore. "So what about you?" Sam didn't know if Taylor even liked someone, he never talked about that kind of stuff with her.

Taylor grinned. "Thats good." She said honestly. "Ive had a really uneventful life lately." She chuckled lightly, nothing really happened. She had made a promise that this term she would go out and make something happen, but with her Mum and everything that had happened it was hard to make a go of things. "Guess I'm just taking things easy at the moment." She shrugged, not really knowing what she meant by that statement, but it kind of summed up how she felt in some ways.

Taylor thought back to everything that had happened. She guessed she felt part of the group now, but it had never been like that. She had liked Scorpius back then, she laughed out loud a little at the rememberance. Sam would probably think she was strange so she voiced her thoughts. "Weird that i used to like Knight, it seems so long ago." She said some what absently. "Weird that you and Toni went out. Its weird how fast things change." Taylor found herself often saying random things when she got too deep in thought, but that was just her.

Sam nodded understandingly when she said that she was taking things easy, "It the best way to be.." he shrugged lightly. After how things were at the beginning of the year Sam, too, was taking things easy. Sam raised an eyebrow and had a small smile on his face when she burst at laughing. "What the hell?" He chuckled, bbut she explained her reason. Sam's mouth opened slightly. She liked Scorpius? Sam never knew this. "Seriously? Woah...I never knew that." Sam trailed off, thinking if there was any signs. He came to the conclusion that Taylor was mighty good at hiding it. "I know! It is weird...it seems so strange, like now I wouldn't even think of her like that." said Sam, recalling the memories which seemed so long ago. "Its kinda weird to not know how fast other things may change." He added thoughtfully. Not knowing what would happen next both scared and excited Sam.

Taylor smiled. "Yeah i did." She shook her head with the smile still there. Looking at the roof she nodded in agreement with Sam's words. Things could change so fast. One minute her Mum had a husband the next he was gone never to be seen again. Perfect example. She looked back at Sam and grinned. "Its been a semester of Hogwarts and so much has happened already." She was glad Sam hadnt sent her away, he was getting things off her mind and she was greatful of that. Taylor was glad she had good friends. "Weird to think what is going to happen in the future." A subject Taylor often thought about. She thought a good deal, but what lie ahead was a common thing in her mind.

Sam chuckled, "Imagine what will happen next year...or the year after.." he trailed off. "I wonder will we all be still friends...like if something doesn't tear us apart.." That thought scared him the most, his friends were his life here. He couldn't imagine better friends and the thought of them not being there scare dhim a little. Though they were all so close, nothing would happen...right? Sam thought about Toni and how they pulled through to be friends again, maybe that would happen. Sam hoped so anyway.

Sam voiced what Taylor was thinking and she nodded. It was a scary thought. "Anything can happen." She grinned putting her feet up on the desk. She crossed her arms over her chest. "I still dont feel i know you guys as well as I should." She started uneasily, it was a thought that had been with her for a while, but she had always ignored it, "I mean, you're all so close, I sort of feel like a bit of an outcast." She laughed it off as if it were a topic of everyday discussion.

Sam shook his head in shcok, "What?" Sam had never mean't to make Taylor feel like an outcast and he was sure everyone else felt that way aswell. "Taylor. You shouldn't feel like an outcast. Your one of the gang." he winked. "We love having you around." It was true, Sam didn't really see Taylor as the 'new girl'. It was like she was always there.

Taylor nodded with a laugh, she knew he had never meant to make her feel like that, sometimes its just how it was. Hopefully she could try to fit in with everyone a bit better, so she didnt feel this way. Taylor never really cared what people thought of her, but that was once she felt comfortable around people. She didnt think she would have a best friend until later in her years at Hogwarts. "We should do something soon, maybe all of us go for a game of Quidditch or something." She smiled at Sam.

Sam nodded enthuastically, "Defo! You know how much I love quidditch, I'm definetly in. I'm sure Hoshi and Knight will be up for it, they're always in for a good quidditch game." Sam grinned. "We just have to ask Toni if she'll join." Sam said. "Oh wait..that'll mean theres five. We should have an even number for teams." Sam said concentration in his voice, "'D'you know anyone else we can ask?" Sam asked.

Taylor furrowed her brow. Why had Sam not mentioned Jenna? She looked at Sam for any sign of... Well anything, but she found nothing. She decided to ask softly. "What about Jenn?" She tried, had something happened? Or did she not like Quidditch? She moved on quickly from the subject and added. "What about Knight's girlfriend, I havent met her yet, have you?" Generally curious to what she was like. This Luna was the reason Taylor stopped liking Knight in the first place, Taylor would admit, if she wasnt in the picture, she would probably still have a crush on him.

Sam just realised that Taylor obviously didn't hear about Jenn, "Um...Jenn? Jenn's gone." He said the word angerly. "She just left, out of the blue. Gone. Without a face-to-face goodbye!" Sam said anger clear in his voice. "Here.." He said forcefully taking out the crumbled note he took everywhere with him and threw it on the desk in front of him.

Then Sam shrugged, he was in a bad mood again. "Yeah, I guess. I haven't met her either so..its worth a try." Sam muttered.

Taylor sat, her jaw opened slightly as she stared at Sam. He threw a note and confused she reached over and read it. It stated her going back to her home. Taylor furrowed her brow. Why would Jenn do this? That wasnt far on Sam at all. She looked back to her friend. "Sam, I'm so sorry." This must have cut him pretty deep. She placed a hand on her shoulder in understanding for a short moment, before letting it fall, not sure Sam wanted sympathy, but she just wanted him to realise she knew how he was feeling.

She decided to ignore the discussion on Quidditch for a moment, knowing Sam probably wasnt in the mood. Instead she sat quietly, her eyes on the table in front of her. She still didnt understand how Jenn could get up and leave without a goodbye. I just didnt make sense.

Sam shook his head sadly, "Its alright." Sam forced a small smile on his face when she put her hand on his shoulder. Sam hated the fact that he wouldn't be able to see her again and that all the mess at the beginning of the year was for nothing. He sighed softly, "But theres nothing we can do..." He said finally wanting a new conversation, anything off this one. "Shes gone and thats it." Said Sam grimly, he hadn't even replied to her yet. Sam looked back at Taylor then down at the desk.

Taylor shook her head slowly at his smile. He didnt need to pretend it was okay, she knew it must be hard for him. She removed her hand, but still looked at Sam seriously. "Its going to be hard for a little while, but things will get better." She said, she knew they would, but she understood that Sam would be upset about this for a while yet. "Just know that everyone else is here and im pretty sure no one plans on leaving. If she was going to do this in the first place, what kind of person does that make her." She said the last part softly, she wasnt saying Jenn was a bad person, just that it wasnt fair on anyone here for her to do that.

"I hope they will." Sam didn't see a time when things would get better, it was always in the back of his mind and even if he tried to think of something else it would find a way to creep in once more. Sam hoped that no one else would leave..ever! His friends were the main thing about Hogwarts that he loved. But when Taylor pointed out what kind of person she was, Sam nodded, she was right. "I know...I just wish I had some warning." he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back