An Emotional Wreck

"Where art thou my Sterling?" the ghost cried, she missed him. It's been almost a century, a decade but still her heart ponders for the loss of her dear beloved Sterling. Alone and broken, the ghost entered the abandoned classroom. Just like an abandoned classroom, she thought as she flew around the room. Shanon wasn't in the mood to clean today, although she was in need of a new companion a student may be? The ghost heard that there were new students roaming around the corridors, excited to be sorted. She took the chance to chat with someone, a friendly stranger perhaps? The needy ghost flew around and around the room, circling the whole place then she instantly stopped and simply stared at the wall. She cried, weeping for loss of her love.

It was almost an hour and still the ghost was crying, facing the blank wall covered with dust. "Where are thou my Sterling?" she repeated over and over again. Shanon froze for a moment and decided it was time to stop, she wiped off her tears with her gown and turned her back. Wondering if someone have heard her, it was her usual habit anyway.. crying. There was nothing to do really, there were four corners and there was one ghost hanging around/ Waiting for someone to notice her, which at times she wonders why she was the only one who remained a ghost. Why not her father? mother, sister and even Sterling aren't ghost like her. Was she meant to live a hundred, thousand and even million years for her to be free from everything? Shanon would always ask herself why oh why was she still here, maybe because the castle means a lot to her and her memories are the only things she has to survive.

To say his summer had been different was putting it very lightly. After all, for him it had been summer, unlike winter. He'd gone back to Paris for the holidays bringing with his his fears about having no one, and never being in a functional relationship. His parents had been less than happy about his dwindling grades and his lack of motivation towards doing anything. It had gotten so bad, that his parents had pretty much sent him to summer camp in the south of France. Now, the boy had hoped when this had happened that he would be going to a normal camp where they'd teach them stuff like counting properly, but it had been different to say the least. It had been mostly sports, things like track running, free running, swimming and everything that was jumping from heights. During the time the Hufflepuff prefect had learnt so many new skills, but none of them had actually helped him get out of his heart break. All he had ever wanted was to be with that Gryffindor girl. She had meant so much to him. And had distracted him for the most part, but he still was without and he didn't want to. The camp overall been weird, and he'd picked up a lot of skills, and made a number of new friends. but he was back at hogwarts and he was still without her, so all in all the holidays had been good but had done nothing to change things. Physically he was no longer the skinny, lanky teen, he was well built, with muscle he'd gained from sports. His hair was neater, and rather than curly it was short and straight. He still kept it spiked up, but that was just because it was neater. Personality wise the boy was still pretty much the same. He was more confident, a little. At least if it wasn't around girls, girls just made him nervous. That was one thing that had changed at camp, but once he was out of camp it was back to the same. At least he could do it without his guitar, that was more than a little awkward. The Hufflepuff was walking through the castle. He had no where to be, and with his closest friend gone, Elijah had no one to meet. He could only be happy that he wasn't dead. Of all things, that would really suck. He was at least able to hold on to that fact. But it didn't make things easier for him, since all he really wanted was to be able to just have a little bit of fun before he ended up having to follow his career. But he couldn't do that. He had nothing left for him at the school apart from two years of education he wasn't sure he was going to do. He didn't think he would stick around. The only thing keeping him their until his graduation had been her, and now without her he had nothing left. What he could at least say was that he was at least putting on a good front.

Walking through the second floor, the boy heard a voice, it was a woman crying, it was weird. The boy looked around him, clearly no one else was actually concerned about who it could be. Thinking that it was at least the nice thing to do by attempting to find out what was wrong, the boy straightened his clothes, the beige colored jeans, and the grey v-neck with the blue shirt on top. It was a new term for the Hufflepuff and he had decided it would be more about how he looked. He would take of himself this year. So that as soon as he got out of there and set up his musical career, he had to have a recognizable style. But while in school, he knew he had to just look less like the music obsessed Hufflepuff boy who was more than a little crazy. He was the smart, well dressed, Hufflepuff prefect. And this time, he would see it through. So, he knocked on the door lightly and walked into the room. Of course the problem with the Abandoned classroom as that it was dark. And it wasn't until a few seconds that his eyes got used to the light, or lack of light in the room. It was then the voice spoke again, and Elijah not expecting it, jumped out of skin, giving a very small scream. He'd gotten better at telling when people were close by, he was less easy to scare, but this girl, had made no noise. He looked around and then noticed it. A ghost. He'd been freaked by a ghost that was now trying to stop crying. Elijah put a hand to his chest and started breathing deeply.

"Holy sh1t." Were the words that escaped the boys lips as he attempted to control himself. "It's a silly question, but I'll ask it anyway, you okay?"
<i>
</i>

It was the usual way of the ghost to be alone and weep, she needed a distraction to help herself keep her sane. Sterling was the only thing she could ever thought of ever since he died, there were different footsteps passing by ignoring the ghost. She couldn't blame them after all, who would like to see and most especially talk to a ghost like her, a weeping one too. Shanon remained flowing around the wide space waiting for someone to notice her, of course the stranger would talk to her as well. Until she hear something approaching, she got covered her face wiping once more her tears wondering if it was noticeable.

Shanon saw a new face and wondered who the boy was, though was quite surprised when she heard the boys words. "Oh Dear, you better watch you words child!" she said to him crossing her arms. She frowned a little quite offended by the boys reaction, it was her first time seeing that reaction from students like him. No one ever attempted to be scared of the ghost and now here's a boy who seems not to be manly enough to see a ghost. "I'm swell and dead obviously." she pointed out still crossing her arms looking down at the boy from were she's floating.

Sure, the hufflepuff felt pretty bad about being scared by the ghost, he however also knew that he couldn't exactly be blamed. Here he was, minding him own business, when upon hearing a sound, a ghost had popped out of nowhere. At least they'd not met a few years back, since ELijah would've run so fast away the ghost would not had gotten another sob out. Elijah wasn't really scared, but ghosts were weird, and the ghost of a girl to him was just something he couldn't exactly handle. He was quick to recompose himself and look at the ghost. It was odd, he didn't understand what would lead a person to hold on so strongly to life that they would stay as a ghost. Never passing on, and leaving all of the loved ones very far behind. They'd all move on, and yet one person would stay. It wasn't like the Hufflepuff had anyone waiting for him on the other side, but he also knew as much as he loved Kynleigh, he would never come back as a ghost for her. What kind of relationship would they be able to have. Not to mention he was sure it would just cause the person more hurt. However, these more rational thoughts were not the ones going through his brain, it was more the ones that were swear words. He half wanted to tell the ghost that he had been watching his words, and he could've said a hell of a lot worse, but he decided against it, since a ghost was not a good enemy to have. He knew that she could ultimately make his life hellish if she wanted to, since she had the advantage of being able to go through walls, and she had time on her hands where as he was a lot more limited. It wasn't like he didn't think that she was actually a probably very nice ghost, just getting scared had no been the best thing. He would just always argue that it hadn't really been his fault. "I'm sorry, you scared me that's all. I didn't see you when I first walked in." Elijah was a hufflepuff, and a proud one at that, so he was always keen to make sure that everything was okay. To show he was not just some d1ckhead from some other house that knew nothing and was just out to make everyone else feel like complete crap. He really hadn't meant it in an offense manner, just that being scared of people creeping up on him was something that happened naturally.

"It can't be that bad, surely, I mean you've probably see some really epic stuff. A lot more than most others ever will." Elijah was attempting to cheer the ghost up, but he had little experience in that field so he wasn't quite sure what to do. He didn't know what kinds of things to say. "I mean, come on, how often can watch as girl talk behind the other's back, or can literally walk through them with them getting a huge amount of shivers. That's cool." The boy was smiling encouragingly at her. Hoping to god that she would listen to what he had to say, and didn't start acting like a crazy ghost in the horror movies, when it's trying to kill everybody.​
<i>
</i>

There wasn't much to do really, the ghost was stuck in this castle and all she could do was weep each day passes by. It was quite pathetic but this was the only way to ease her pain. She flew and approached the boy. Staring at him up and down from his shoes, he was indeed new to her. "Of course you wouldn't I a ghost." she hissed quite offended. Shanon was now acting like the famous Moaning Murtle, it wasn't her fault she was dead and a ghost. She was nearly transparent after all, but still she didn't liked the tone of the boys voice.

"How do you even know that, you're not a ghost yourself. she told him. Shanon was obviously getting moody, after all she was a woman of old age. "It has it's pros and cons of being a ghost." Shanon replied crossing her arms. Then she sighed and nodded at herself, "Im so sorry, I've been moody this days Dear." the ghost admitted and tried to smile even though her eyes looks horrible. She flew around the room, faster and faster then stopped in front of the boy. Shanon also flew through the boy. "Like this?" she teased him after passing over the boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back