Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dederick
Wand
Briars rowan, 15", with centaur (aspens) tail hair and my werewolf fur
Briar couldn’t believe it. She had been selected as one of the candidates for Minister of magic. It was not something that she had thought possible. As a child, she had been brought up to dislike witches and wizards, in her teen years she had been taught that she should be feared because of what she was. But her persistence had paid off in adulthood and now here she was a bone fide candidate. It didn’t matter if she didn’t get it. She was proud to even get this far. Today she was in the park. Ready to get things going in her campaign. She had had the idea of a sausage sizzle. A technique common in the muggle world both here and in Australia to gather people and encourage discussion, free food was a great equaliser. However, it seemed like she had not been the only one who had had the idea as one of the other candidates had already held one. Part of her wanted to change the plan, but she had already ordered the sausages and the bread and didn’t have any other ideas. So she went ahead setting up in the park. Adding to the sausage sizzle and, inspired by something Ivy’s school had done, she had also bought a selection of chocolate eggs transfigured them into the shape of animals and hidden them through the park charmed so that only a few were visible at a time it would do no good if they were all found quickly. She hoped that the smell of sausages and the promise of chocolate would encourage people to come and chat.

OOCOut of Character:
Anyone is welcome to come down have a sausage sizzle (vegetarian options available) and a chat. There are eggs and chocolate animals hidden around for children (or big children) to find

Noah had been living in and around the Oceanic wizarding community for a few years now, and he was pretty keen to see how the ministry elections played out. Especially since he'd finally braved up to send his CV in to the ministry. If he was successful, the election would have a direct impact on him. And even if he wasn't, it was still a good idea to get involved and pay attention to the politics of their society.

Even Lizzie was getting involved, though why she'd jumped to intern for easily the skeeviest politician in the running was beyond him. For Noah's part, he was most interested in what Briar Rowan-Cullen had to say. A lot of the candidates seemed to run on a stock standard 'safety and family' policy, which was entirely reasonable. But the push for more diversity had gained his attention. In many ways the wizarding world could be kind of backwards, so a more progressive voice certainly stood out. Noah had been accused of being a bit of a bleeding heart for muggles in his time, but it was really just a matter of respecting people and not looking down at others.

Strolling up to the barbeque (which made his stomach rumble a bit, though he tried to hide it), Noah gave a small wave, trying to look fairly nonchalant. "Mornin'," he started, giving her a nod. "Love the campaign stance. Both the sausages and the diversity."

It was wild to Orwell that another election campaign had rolled around. He had enjoyed the work he'd done in the last one even though he hadn't been on the winning side. He hadn't been sure about this lot of candidates, it was funny because they were more familiar to him, names he had learned, people he had known at school, but of course when he had read the campaigns he'd been less than impressed, they were all fine..but so mundane. He liked some aspects of what all of the candidates were saying but it certainly wasn't enough for him. The one candidate he'd been interested in was in was the one he'd saught out today. She was cooking sausages and around general people, it was relaxed and interesting enough for him to approach her.

"Hey Ms Rowan-Cullen," he said just as someone else finished speaking. "I'm Orwell, I wanted to offer my services," Orwell told her. "I'm a community activist, diversity is a very strong passion of mine, as is the environment and reducing poverty. I'm an anarchist, but willing to work outside of my vision,"

After researching the previous election and the specifics of their assigned candidate, Charlie had only gotten more surprised that their first big assignment was such an important one. Elections could be a dangerous time, and Charlie wouldn't be surprised at all if their charge was at more risk than the others. For whatever personal circumstances they had, none of the others had the same level of prejudice to face or factions like werewolf hunters posing a threat. It was all a powerful reminder to be vigilant, and Charlie stayed on high alert as they stood behind the candidate, hands behind their back at ease as they studied the park, trying to assess not only the people approaching the barbecue but those going about their own business as well. The sausages smelled good but Charlie ignored their stomach's interest, staying focused on the task at hand as they guarded over their charge.

Briar was turning the sausages lookign around hoping that she would not have to ea them all herself. she could never say no to a good piece of meat but there were a lot. and some of them were even vegetarian. she looked around at charlie, her guard aura. She wasn't quite sure what to do with them. She knew I was their job to guard her but she had been somewhat in the public eye most of her adult life and neve rhad trouble. she knew it was heir job. and if they were anything like Willow they would be excited at having the position. and she didn't want to spoil it. but it was just so awkward to see them standing there behind her. "Hey Charlie. do you want a sausage before things get busy" she said? hoping it would make them boh relax a bit as she too was nervous wondering how things would go down.
IT was then that the first person arrived. a man who seemed eager for the food. she smiled at the support glad that at least one person liked her ideas enough to want food. "Thank you. do you want one? I have a diverse range of meat, and vego. and with or without onion" she said gesturing to each as she said it joking slightly. about the range.
The next person to arrive was even less expected than the first. someone who not only respected her campaign but who also wanted to help with it. She wasn't quite sure what to say. she recognised Orwell briefly. she may have seen him briefly at some campaign or another their focuses were not the same but some of their overall ideals were. after all her love of the environment had led her to hold her event in the park even if brightstone or obsidian would have made them more useful choice of venue. an anarchist would be interesting in the campaign. after all the minister was responsible for the rules. so having an anarchist want to help her was a big say on how her stance was seen. he sort of reminded her of her teenage years were pushing against rules was what her standard was. it was weird that she ended up here. The campaign would benefit from a little bit of chaos. and having a slightly unexpected approach to things would likely get her noticed especially with a lot of the candidates going slightly more middle of the road her difference was one of her greatest strengths. "nice to meet you, Orwell. I think we may have met before at that protest, I can't remember where. but weren't you the one with the sign" she said.she could picture it and the sign had stood out because of the choice of wording on it. "It would be good to have you on the campaign if you are interested. I am afraid anarchy won't be feasible but i am thinking many of our goals are similar even if the methods aren't." she said. growing up in the families she had had had made her aware of how humans impacted the environment. wizards often less so than muggles but they also could make so much more difference with so much less effort.

@Charlie Madison @Serenoa Earnshaw @Orwell Brocken
[[I was sort of guessing seeing as both Briar and Orwell have some activism past they may have run into reach other once or twice. i left it as vague as i could the person who she is thinking could be orwell or it could be someone else. ]]

Orwell smiled at Briar and nodded, he wouldn't have wanted to pretend to be more friendly with her than he was, but he smiled and agreed with where she had seen him. "Anarchy is my goal, not yours, and I'm here to work for you," he told her. Orwell liked politics, he didn't always agree with a lot of it, and had his own ideas about how things should be done, he had no interest in holding office himself or being a part of any department, but he did enjoy the thrill of it. "Have you got some leaflets? I can go hand some of them out, entice some folk in," he offered, knowing it was important to begin by getting the message out.
@Briar Rowan-Cullen

Noah raised an eyebrow - the other man was pretty quick to get to the point. He supposed that was only fair enough, really, but he liked to project more of a relaxed attitude. "Here I was about to slowly build to offering any support after some light-hearted conversation." He gave a small grin at that, shrugging. "But the name's Noah, and there's a good chance I'll be working at the Ministry soon enough, so if you need a campaign gopher around the place, more than happy to offer any assistance I can." He gave a nod of his head, pulling out his wallet. "And beef and onion sounds good, that's a standard democracy sausage right?" He'd been living around Australia long enough to get the hang of some of their traditions, so he was glad to at least not feel like a foreigner.

Professor Kingsley hadn't settled on a candidate yet. The election was so new and several of her former students were running. She'd heard about the sausage sizzle that Briar was hosting, and neither being able to turn down some free sausage or an opportunity to say hello to the woman, Cyndi made her way to the park. As she made her way, she spotted a small crowd. The woman seemed busy, so the professor stood by, taking in the surroundings. She knew her sons were protecting candidates, though Jacob refused to tell her who for some reason. The woman grinned when she spotted yet another former student present. It was so good to see so many of them pursuing their dreams.

While Charlie stood with Briar at the barbecue, Callum patrolled the path nearby, keeping an eye on things. He was good at keeping an eye on things. It covered all sorts of his favourite things to do, such as walking around inconspicuously and spotting shifty behaviour, and involved very little of things he didn't enjoy at all, such as talking to people.

He stopped for a moment and closed his eyes. Sometimes he could see better when he wasn't looking. He found this tricky to explain to people, but it had a lot to do with human predictability. People didn't just walk about aimlessly. Even if they thought they were walking about aimlessly, there was always a goal. Sometimes the goal was as simple as taking a leisurely stroll through the park, but it was a goal nonetheless, and the understanding of this fact gave Callum an abundance of helpful information. When he opened his eyes, he knew where the woman advancing down the path toward him ought to be, if her goal was good and lawful, and he had a reasonable idea of where she might be if it wasn't.

Callum opened his eyes. Nothing untoward seemed to be happening. A crowd had gathered around the barbecue, but this was to be expected, given that it was dispensing free sausage sandwiches. Still, Callum felt he could have been better stationed. He made his way back over, keeping just enough distance from the crowd to discourage anyone from assaulting him with conversation. Charlie seemed to have everything under control. Callum met their gaze and nodded. No problems here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back