An awkward way to tell you.

Rue Undersee

OOC First Name
Claire
Wand
Holly 9" Essence of Veela Hair
Rue's knees felt weak as she slowly climbed the cold stone staircase to the owlery. She'd been a few times before, but the tall tower made her feel dizzy if she stayed up there for too long. Today, however, she was going to have to put that behind her. That was, if she was going to tell Miles that he would be a Father if she kept the baby growing inside her. Her hand instinctively rose to cradle her almost flat stomach. She knew it wouldn't stay that way for long, and she was enjoying being skinny whilst she could. She still didn't know what she was going to do about the baby, but it felt right to tell Miles. She couldn't just surprise him with it when it was too late to change her mind.

Reaching the top of the stairs, Rue took a piece of parchment and, after a moments hesitation, began to write a thoughtful letter to Miles. She wasn't in the mood to be formal, and it didn't seem appropriate anyway.

</FONT>
Hi Miles,
How are you? I can't wait to see you again. So much has happened and I wish you were here. I guess Brighstone Weekend isn't that far away, really.
Do you miss me? I have something important to tell you, but I want to make sure you get this first letter before I tell you.
I hope you're doing great, because I'm not.
Love, Rue xxx
<FONT font="verdana">

It wasn't a great letter, and her hands had been shaking so much that her handwriting was scrawled and terrible. She hoped it was readable as she secured it into an envelope and let her owl clasp it's yellow beak over it. "See you soon," she told it, and turned to leave.

An owl flew inside the open window of his second floor bedroom. Midday and napping, Miles was startle by the hooting owls call. He toss once and twice, till his head bang the head board, groaning the young teen eyes open slightly. To his suprisemennt, he saw the barwn owl perched on his head board. "Alright already, what do you want?" he fumble out of bed and reached for the letter, half daze he read Rue's letter to him. He couldn't adjust to being awake, so the worried in the note didn't throw him off, half asleep he responded.
- - -Dear Rue,
Hey sorry I haven't wrote to you in a while, must've slip my mind. With home schooling and what not? Anyways what's up? Course I miss you, always like I tell my friends here. I might even move to New Zealand to be closer, unless if you want to move here with me? Think about and let me know? Okay, and whatever it is your going to tell me I'm all ears.

Love,
- - -Miles

Miles gave the owl the letter and retrieve back to his bed, he went on sleeping the day away, home school for him was at night time, thanks to his kick arse guardian.

Knowing that Miles generally replied fairly quickly to her letters, Rue returned to the owlery later in the day, and was pleasantly greeted by her owl biting her finger as she attempted the pry the letter from it's beak. Once she'd broken his grip on it, she whacked his head softly with the letter and opened it. Though it was torn a little round the edges, it was still readable. Rue smiled in the afternoon light as she scanned over the letter. It was the first time she'd smiled since finding out she was pregnant. Hastily, she grabbed a quill and began to write her reply.

</FONT>
Dear Miles,
Don't worry about it - It's been really hectic here so I haven't had the chance to write either.
Hah! I'd love to move their with you, if I'm honest. But... that would be a problem. Remember a few weeks back, when we met up? Well, I should hope you do, because the thing is, I'm pregnant. I'm 100% sure it's your baby. I'm sorry to shock you like this, but it was a bit surprising for me too. I'm so sorry. I really am, Miles. I love you and I don't want to mess up your life by having a child, and I don't know what to do about it... Plus there's Theodore, you know? My Mother still wants me to marry him. She's going to go mental.
Please don't me mad at me. This wasn't an ideal way to tell you, but what choice do I have?
Love, Rue x
<FONT font="verdana">

Rue handed her letter to her owl with damp hands from the tears which had fallen off her chin as she'd been writing. Waving goodbye to the owl, he took off back to Miles' bedroom.

Miles was on a better look out for a reply, after he was aware he sent the letter, he grew worried over night. Why? Well he would admit he had strong feelings for Rue, these feeling he was sure it was love. Yet teenagers never can come to the conclusion right away, so he was half doubtful about those feelings. The next day his doubts were shadow completely, he saw the same barn owl deliver Rue's reply. The night before he caught a mouse, holding up it's tail he gave to the owl for a treat and grab the letter. he read it, and suddenly all the color from his face faded. Pregnant? He rad more, evern went farther to look behind the letter, to see if it was a joke?
- - - - No indication said anything further, he was afraid Rue letter was the whole truth. Shaky, confused, baffle, resorted to reply, he could not believe little Rue was pregnant, carrying his child and the worst part, she was being forced on another boy?
</FONT>
Letter said:
Rue,
- - - -What are you going to do?
Miles
<FONT font="Monaco">
The letter, short and straight to the point. He gave it to the owl, still in shock he told his best friend about Rue's situation. Mentally, he screwed up!

The moment Rue had finished reading Miles' short reply, she burst into floods of tears. She couldn't help it. Did he have no feelings for her any more? Had he moved on already? Rue had absolutely no idea, but his letter showed no sympathy whatsoever for her situation. With her hormones wild anyway, Rue scowled and scrawled out a reply in her worst handwriting. It was barely readable.

</FONT>
Miles,
How should I know? What choice do I have? And do you even care? Because it doesn't sound like it!
Rue.
<FONT font="verdana">

Despite being angry, Rue felt pleased with her harsh reply as she practically shoved the letter into her owl's beak and stormed down the owlery stairs.

Miles had several days to think about their sudden situation, he had no response to her letter. He work on it all week, no words would fit together perfectly for Rue to understand. He talk to his best friend's mom who let Miles stayed forever with them, she gave up good sincere advice for the young teen to understand. It was pressure, all this pressure and no skills to handle it. What am I suppose to do in a time like this? He ask reflection the last day of the week, Saturday, he asked his reflection that question. His reflection merely blink, than on it's own it gesture to his head and his heart. "That's not enough how am I suppose to support it? Be a provider, I've never had a job before!" he yelled at his reflection. The mirror self, shook his head and touch his head again. Think, it mouthed, than it went back to staring right at him. The charm mirror, one that belong to the Isley's was like the other realm to his guilt he detested it when it was right.

He wrote a reply and gave the owl his letter. The young barn owl been staying with him till he had offer her a good reply, little stubborn bird, would not leave till Miles offer him a parcel.

</FONT>
Letter said:
Rue,
- - - -I'm sorry, it wasn't the best letter, I just did not have a good answer to that sudden news. I love you, you must know that I do. Whatever happens, I'll be there for our child and I think it's best you tell your mom over my dead body, your not going with some git, seriously your MY girl and no one else, Okay? Feel better, don't worry! I heard too much stress not good for the baby, love you lots.

Miles <3
<FONT font="Monaco">

After a few days of feeling sorry for herself, Rue finally went to check for her reply. But there was no owl to greet her. What had happened? Had her owl got hurt? Surely not. But it made Rue more upset to think that Miles hadn't replied. Every day, Rue would visit the owlery. Finally, after a week of impatient waiting, her owl appeared at the window. She smiled automatically, despite supposedly being angry with Miles. She tore open the letter and felt her face flood with pink. Of course Miles cared. She carefully began to write her reply.

</FONT>
Miles,
I'm so sorry for my letter last week. I'm expecting too much of you...
You don't know my Mother. She will absolutely forbid this. I just have no idea what to do anymore. I wish things were simple.
If stress is bad for babies, then my kid is gonna be one hell of a messed up child!
I love you Miles. I just want what's best for all of us. I'm not asking you to do anything. I just thought you should know. It's your child, after all. You have a right to know. I guess I'll just have to speak to my Mum. Unless you have any other ideas?
Love Rue xx
<FONT font="verdana">

Miles summon up another letter when he read Rue'e reply. He gave her owl sometimes to rest, so he sent the letter in the next day. Poor bird being used for the past days constantly would probably make him on the edge of quitting it's job or just never returning back to it's owner. So in case, Miles feed him pretty loads and watch him take off.

</FONT>
Letter said:

Rue,
- - - -If your serious about asking me for help and all, than maybe you should runaway or something? We can even stay with my sister in the states, anything to stop your mother for making a serious decision in your life. Your grown already, I don't see the point in her treating you like a child, so if your serious America will be the answer. She won't be able to find us, Lucy could make a good keeper of our house and she be sure to look after you. If your serious give me the word.

Miles
<FONT font="Monaco">
he went from panic mode to actually formulating a plan to help his girlfriend. The only thing, he hadn't spoken to Lucy in a while and she didn't even know that Miles left their uncle's home long time ago, and that he was now using his best friend's surnames. Time change for him, since he last saw part of the Madden family and his parents death had been nothing but a lost memory now taking dust in the back of his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back