An Accidental Meeting

Vanessa Parker

Vanessa was sitting near a window in The North Tower. She was trying to think of something to write to the pen-pal she was about to write to. You can't say you're at Hogwarts, Vanessa thought. They could be a muggle. In fact, they probably are. She finally thought of something to write and started to put it on the paper.
Dear Angela,
How have you been? I've been great. I've traveled to New Zealand (I live there now but I go back to my old home and Israel sometimes) and made a lot of friends. A few enemies, but they aren't that bad.
She was interrupted from writing her letter by someone else coming near her. She tried to hide the letter, she didn't want anyone to see her writing. She knew it was bad. Unfortunately, it was too late and the person could already see the paper. Vanessa looked up at a girl who looked a bit younger than her. "Hi, I'm Vanessa," she said, hoping that the girl hadn't seen what she was writing.

Angela had wanted to write her pen-pal; but, didn't know what to say. She really hadn't been writing her in a while, only because school and drama had gotten in the way. She entered the north tower; planning to write a secret letter, but someone was there. She introduced herself as Vanesse, and Angela found the Irony. Her pen-pals name was Vanessa. "I'm Angela." She said in a sweet tone. "Nice to meet you." She smiled at the girl.

Vanessa smiled at Angela. Then she realized, even though they had kind of common names, it was ironic that she had been writing to her pen-pal who was named Angela. "Nice to meet you, too," she said. "Angela's a nice name. In fact, I have a pen-pal with the same name as you..." Could this be her? Vanessa thought. Angela's not a unique or uncommon name, but something seems sort of familiar. Like the way she talks sounds like letters I've read. It's probably not her, but there's a possibility. She went over the facts in her head. She looks about the same age as my pen-pal said she was. She has the same name. The way she talks seems like the letters my pen-pal wrote somehow. I think she is.... or she isn't. Maybe she'll say something. A pen-pal I accidentally met. That's what she'll be now if she was my pen-pal before.

Angela smiled at the compliment; nodding in respect. She had heard that her name was nice... but, only from a boy she hasn't talked to in a very, very long time. Then the girl said something Angela had been thinking. She too had a pen-pal with her name. Angela tilted her head to the side. "No way! I have one called Vanessa..." She trailed off a little bit. There was no way this could be her; could it? Vanessa never mentioned going to Hogwarts; but, she might not have been able too. "What is your last name... I mean, If I can ask." She really wanted to know. She wanted to know if it was really her or not.

She has a pen-pal with my name and I have a pen-pal with her name, Vanessa thought. She probably is my pen-pal. She realized that if this girl was her pen-pal, Angela wouldn't have said anything about Hogwarts for the same reason. They had both thought the other was a muggle! Vanessa smiled again. "Of course you can ask. My last name is Parker. The Angela who is my pen-pal has the last name Marion," she said. "Is that your last name?" She held her breath, waiting for Angela to say if her last name was Marion, the revealing fact. Thoughts flashed through her head. Is this her? Can it really be her? The girl who I've loved writing letters to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back