Alternate RP An abundance of Lucas'

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.

Linden Kinnek

His Snowflake ❄️ Magizoologist 🦡

OOC First Name
Mia
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
🏳️‍🌈Cas, 🏳️‍🌈Gay🏳️‍🌈
Wand
Curly 12.5" Flexible Chestnut with Mermaid Scale Core
((Set in the hospital wing after the Hufflepuff Vs Ilvermorny match))

Linden's shoes pounded the stone steps of the castle as he made his way up to the hospital wing. he knew that he should be celebrating with the team, or with HIS Lucas making sure he was okay, which he had done for a little while until he was sure Lucas Fletcher was alright, he didn't just kiss and run. the outcome that seemed almost impossible at the start of the year, Hufflepuff the overall quidditch champions. and Hufflepuff winning the match without the snitch having been caught.
needless to say, lin was on a high of adrenaline and the emotional rollercoaster that had been the match. and he wanted to talk to the Ilvermormy chaser before the rest of his team finished in the changing rooms and before they had to depart back to the US and he wasn't sure how long they would have. but they surely wouldn't go back if they were still needing the hospital's attention. if the nurse was to question him about bursting into the hospital wing he would say something about his upset tummy though it had well and truly cleared up.
He slowed down outside the hospital doors and waited a second taking a couple of deep breaths giving his heart a moment to slow down after he had run up from the pitch. he probably should take a leaf out of all of his other family members' books and run more. he opened the door and walked in he could see the chaser easily and made his way over to the foot of his bed. "G'day. it's Lucas isn't it?" he said not sure how else to start the conversation or really what he was here to say.

Lucas was in a lot of pain, and was struggling to relax in the bed. He wasn't sure how to relax without Einar with him, or not knowing how the game was going. Maybe Adam had been right about him. But Adam had made him captain, so he had so have some faith in the two of them, didn't he? He was lost in his own worries, in his aches and pains, when an unfamiliar voice broke into his reverie. He opened his eyes, turning his head to see the keeper. "That's me," he replied with a small smile and a dry tone. He sat up, trying not to wince. "But you know that already, mr. Keeper," Lucas chuckled dryly, repositioning to rest against the head set. "That was a nice tactic, caught me off guard. I'm not sure how you knew my name," He folded his hands in his lap, studying the boy.

The boy in the bed didn’t exactly look comfortable. I fact he looked quite the opposite. Even he winced as the boy shifted clearly he had a lot of bruises or maybe a few breaks. He smiled slightly when the boy said that he already knew his name. I didn’t, at least not until you asked me how I knew your name. I thought I had better check I was right first. I’m linden by the way.. He said as the boy shifted again leaving against the headboard.
as the boy said that it was a nice tactic he had used he shook his head no it wasn’t. As far as tactics go it was pretty dirty. The whole match wasn’t very clean he said. He thought for a moment do you know what happened after you left yet? he asked. He would have wanted to know the outcome of the match if it was him in the hospital bed.

Lucas' brow furrowed. "Wait... then why did you say it? That's a hell of a guess," he wondered if maybe the boy was a seer. That didn't seem overly likely, but he wasn't ready to just write it off. He snorted, smiling as the boy said the game wasn't clean. "And I'd always heard Slytherin was the house to look out for. I never thought the soft cuddly Hufflepuff kids would try to murder us," He teased Linden with a playful wink. Lucas looked around, pretending to think. "Hm... let me think. Is it safe to think that Huffley-puffs murdered enough of us that we were disqualified?" He gave the other boy a coy smile.

Linden was caught between wanting to tell this Lucas why he had called out to him (or not him) and playing along with the idea that he was the worlds best guesser. he smirked "how did you know I was calling to you?" he asked. not really answering the question but leading him in the right direction.
When the boy said that he thought Slytherin had the reputation of being harsh not the hufflepuffs. he smiled. to be honest he hadn't seen Connor ever play that hard. and tilly was really improving but he wasn't going to admit that. "they have the reputation, sure. but it is always the unexpected ones that you need to watch out for." he said.
at Lucas's explanation, linden chuckled. "I wouldn't say disqualified I think it was officially a forfeit. but your team put up a fight, they managed to take out Lucas, our seeker" he said not helping a small smile creep to the corner of his lips at the thought of him, he hoped that he was okay and wondered if he would be up here soon for a check over. he didn't admit that one of the hits on Lucas had come from Tilly, no that the point of mentioning Lucas had been to compliment the ilvermorny beaters but to bring his name up.

Lucas raised a brow at Linden's answer that wasn't really an answer. He let it slide, laughing at the boys statement about the underdogs. "We'll be more prepared for you next year. We'll actually find an alternate seeker," he laughed, giving Linden a playful smile. His eyes widened as Linden finally told him the name of the Hufflepuff seeker. There was a brief moment of silence before Lucas burst out laughing, which in turn had him wheezing for breath. He clutched at his ribs, falling back impossibly deeper against the headboard of the bed. "Oh, ow, ahaha, ow," he wiped at the tears now streaming down his face, unsure if he was crying from pain or from delight. "You're- you're really- ahah, you're really serious," Lucas wheezed, looking back to Linden.

linden raised his eyebrows as the boy said that they would be prepared for next year "you seem confident that we will both be in the finals again next year" he said teasing slightly. it wasn't that linden wasn't confident in the teams ability. he had meant what he had whispered to lucas on the pitch he was still the best seeker that he knew. but there were so many uncertanties. just because someone was the best didn't mean that someone else wouldn't get lucky.
the Hufflepuff hadn't really known what the other goys reaction would be to hearing that there had been another lucas on the pitch but breast big belly laughs were not it. it was infectious and linden started to giggle before full on laughing too. getting them both stern looks from the nurse. though maybe that was more annoyance that he was making her patient laugh and causing more pain. he caught lucas' question between laughs. and took a moment to catch enough breaths to reply "Of course I am not serious" he said. "one of the blows was a misfire... from one of our beaters" he said still laughing.

Lucas chuckled, resettling in bed and trying to ignore his new aches. "Confidence is the way to win," He replied flippantly. He laughed again and shook his head. "Well when you're bloodthirsty, everyone bleeds," He replied with a wink. "But that does make me curious, though. What brought you up here? I doubt I'm your favorite Lucas," He smiled at Linden.

Linden chuckled quietly to himself as other Lucas said that confidence was the way to win. he had been confident in his teammates' ability all season and here they were somehow the overall champions even if he hadn't been confident on the team for a while winning the matches.
"I suppose so." he said when the other boy said that if you are bloodthirsty everyone bleeds. he wasn't in fact he had been the opposite of bloodthirsty on the pitch. the chasers and seeker had just been trying to get the team points. he thought about Lucas, he had looked like such a mess when he had seen him. he wanted to make him better. he didn't like seeing anything in pain, he never had even as a toddler he had tried to save injured birds or rodents. "you are cute, I will give you that. but you are not my.. teams Lucas he said hoping that he wouldn't notice the half-beat between the words my and teams. "you asked me how i knew your name. and i couldn't leave you hanging on an answer for a year" he said.

Lucas chuckled, shaking his head. "Right. Not your teams Lucas," he winked playfully. He knew the kid must have the hots for the other Lucas. "What can I say, being a Lucas automatically makes you cute," he joked lightly. He winced as he shifted in bed. "Hey, I know I'm not your Lucas, but can I ask a favor?" He tried to give Linden his best puppy eyes, shifting his head so some of his golden hair fell into his eyes in a way he hoped was cute.

linden nodded as this lucas repeated that he was not his team's lucas emphasising the word team making it clear that he had not missed the pause. "Yes, not my Team's lucas he repeated as confidently as he could. "I'm not even going to reply to that" he said rolling his eyes as lucas said that maybe being called lucas makes you cute. "You are not MY Lucas. because Lucas is old enough to belong to himself as I am sure you are too." he said his ar,s crossed and one eyebrow raised in what was unmistakably a willow expression. but he had asked in a way that had crashed through his guard and had him thinking of his lucas. "It would depend on what type of favor you are looking for" he asked though his mind had spun off into a direction he didn't want it to be found in

Lucas chuckled and shook his head. "Mhmm," He replied airily, smiling as Linden spoke again. He gave the boy his best pout. Lucas liked to think he'd at least flustered Linden a little bit. He sighed a bit dramatically. "It's just- you are a hufflepuff, yeah?" Lucas sat up a bit, his expression turning more serious. "Look, I'm going to share a bit too much. I come from a really crappy family. I've gone no contact from most of them. My aunt is the same- she and I kind of bonded together. Long story short, she had to give up her son as a baby. He was lucky, he went to live with his dad."

Lucas turned a bit to face the other boy. "My whole point is, my aunt is going to meet her son for the first time later in the year, and I know he goes to school here, but I can't talk to him. I know it's just him and his dad, and I'm worried." Lucas turned his best pout to Linden. "I just- you're nice enough to come up here and check on me. I would just feel a hell of a lot better if I knew at least someone was here looking out for the kid. He doesn't have any siblings, he's by himself. School was tough for me for a long time, is there any way you could just- I don't know, keep an eye on the kid?" Lucas pleaded gently, worry clear in his eyes.

linden was starting to wonder if his crush on Lucas was as subtle as he had thought. this Lucas seemed to have it figured out and he had only known him a few hours. sure he had kissed him but it was only on the cheek and in the nurse's area and the Lucas sitting in front of him had even been there then. he was thinking of how he could be more subtle, make it clear that he was happy just to be friends when the boy interrupted his thought to ask him something
although his bright yellow robes and the fact that he had been playing for the Hufflepuff team were a bit of a give away he nodded when the boy asked if he was in Hufflepuff. "Yeah, that's my house" he said.
as the boy started to talk he was a bu surprised by the change in topic.
he listened and almost unconsciously he took a step towards him. talking with Casper seemed to be rubbing off on him because he put his arm around his shoulder and gave him a bit of a squeeze before letting go just like he would have done his roommate. he knew most people were not as into hugs as his roommate but it felt like he needed it. when he had finished explaining his situation and the situation of his cousin and aunt he shrugged almost nonchalantly 'Okay. Who's my new little brother?" he asked then realising something added "or Big brother?"

Lucas tensed at the unexpected one-armed hug, and before he could really react it was over. He almost wanted to ask for another hug, it had just felt very nice, but he pushed the thought aside and focused on the one that really mattered. He let out an audible sigh of relief. "Thanks, Linden, that means a lot to me." He gave him a shaky smile. "His name is Charlie Helkovaara. He's a second year now, I think, but I know he's a Hufflepuff." Lucas explained, smiling a bit shyly.

linden half nodded as lucas said that he it means a lot to him. no worries mate. he said. As the bay said his cousins name he tried to think of who he was. He recognised the name but couldn’t think of who it was, there were a lot of second years and he didn’t really hang out with them charlie, Charlie Charlie, I think he writes on the school paper, he said he could picture a boy hovering just past where the quidditch team was hanging out or celebrating their wins but wasn’t sure If that was the right person.

Lucas smiled and nodded quickly. "Yeah, that's the one! All of my information is third-hand, his dad tells my aunt who tells me, but he's mostly just written Quidditch Articles." Lucas ran a hand through his hair and winced as it pulled on his ribs. "I guess his dad is a sports journalist or something. It's how his dad met my aunt, she used to compete but eventually moved on to judging," He smiled fondly. He looked to Linden. "What got you into Quidditch? I joined because my boyfriend- my friend at the time, he was on the team, and I didn't like it when he left the country without me," Lucas laughed. "Turns out I'm not terrible at the game. He quit the team, but I stayed on to play."

Linden nodded when Lucas said that it was the right boy. If his dad was a sports journalist it made sense why he was on the paper reporting quidditch. okay. I was work out who he is and keep an eye on him. Do you want me to pass any messages on? he asked. He wasn’t into espionage but if Lucas wanted to pass a message to the boy he could.
As Lucas answered his question he didn’t miss the point that he had a boyfriend. He guessed he wasn’t that far off with the flirting then even if it had been intentional. Tough maybe if Lucas had a girlfriend he would have missed the flirting entirely. when asked what got him into quidditch he chuckled and shook his head. I never was really. My mum used to play and spent some time pro long before I was born so i went to more matches than I wanted to as a kid. My sister was seeker when she was at school but the reason I started to play is because I played soccer when I was at primary school and missed being on a team. he said shrugging. He was beginning to really enjoy the sport now, but even still if he had to pick between the team and the sport it would be Lucas, Connor, Jordie, Amy, Tilly and the rest no questions asked.

Lucas smiled at him and shook his head. "No, not yet. I'll talk to him after he meets his mom." Lucas chuckled. He listened to Linden talk about his family, feeling a slight pang of jealousy. For all his bolster, Lucas had never really known what having a family must feel like. He'd go out to lunch with Cassi sometimes, but he was still an outsider, even more so as she worked to bring her son back into her life while falling for her sons father. And Einar... when Lucas was away like this, and when he looked at it objectively. Lucas knew deep down that Einar wasn't really good for him. When they were together, Lucas gave his all to Einar. And while he knew that the other boy was trying, Lucas knew that he wasn't getting very much in return.

Pushing all that aside, he gave a smile to Linden. "That makes sense." He chuckled. "Do you like being keeper?" He asked. He was just trying to get to know Linden now, thinking if nothing else maybe they could at least be friends. That would be nice.

Linden nodded as lucas said that he didn't want to contact the boy until after his aunt had spoken to him. was that a little bit of disappointment he felt. it would be nice to have a reason to stay in touch with this lucas. sure he wasn't Lucas fletcher. but he seemed nice and it would be cool to have a mate in the US who he could visit when he went over to his grandmas.
at the question of if he liked being a keeper linden chuckled. "Sure, I get the best seat on the pitch. and if the rest of the team does their job right a good game to watch with not much to do" he said. it really was the easiest position. "If you weren't a chaser what position would you want to play?" he asked. he knew what his answer would be. two very different reasons why but both leading to the seme second choice.

Lucas chuckled at the boys words. "Well, I'd have to say keeper, of course," He replied with a wink. "Seekers have a target on their back and I'm not comfortable enough with the violence of being a beater," He chuckled. "What about you? What would you do instead, mr. Keeper?" Lucas asked, curious as to the boys own answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back