Amice Beckett

Amice Beckett

OOC First Name
Mik
Sexual Orientation
Unknown
Full Name:
(First) Amice - Medieval name derived from Latin amicus meaning "friend". This was a popular name in the Middle Ages, though it has since become uncommon. (Middle) Jocosa - Medieval variant of JOYCE, influenced by the Latin word iocosus or jocosus "merry, playful". (Last) Beckett - Originally a diminutive of BECK.

Date of Birth:
January the 8th, 2032.

Current Age:
Ten.

Basic Appearance:
Amice has dyed pink hair, though she is naturally dark blonde. She likes trying out new hair styles and colours to make herself smile when she looks in the mirror.
She is four feet and five inches. Her dad thinks she will probably be very tall like he is (six feet and nine inches).
Amice has hazel eyes (a mix of her mother's brown, and her father's green).
She loves to wear baggy tops. She is most frequently seen in old band t-shirts and either jogging bottoms or jeans.
Amice has a long scar on her right knee. She fell off her bike when she was six- she and Sam (a muggle neighbour) were trying to do tricks in the park and Amice came off when he bike caught a discarded bottle. The bottle was broken and her knee landed on the glass. She had seven stitches in Brighton hospital. Her grandma bought her a cuddly toy (Wilbert) to help her feel better. (This is the toy she loves to cuddle up with).

Personality:
- Whether your character is out-going; bubbly; mean; distant; shy; e.t.c., and why.

Family:
Amice has a mum called Sandra Julia Beckett (her maiden name was Brook). She was born on the 2nd of January, 1999. She grew up in a semi-detached house in West Sussex, in England. She was born to muggles, and is, herself, a muggle. She attended local schools and received average to high grades on her examinations. She attended Brighton university where she studied biology, and several other relevant courses. She managed to get a job at a local pharmacy, and worked there for several years as she took on more training to finally get the job she wanted as a lab technician at the city hospital. She has always considered aiming to be a surgeon, and has continued various other courses around her job, though she has not had the opportunity to work this occupation in Brighton.
Amice has a dad called Reginald Ignace Beckett (his friends call him Reggie). He was born on the 12th of August, 1988. He grew up in a terraced house in Lewes, near Brighton. He was born to a witch and a wizard, and is, himself, a wizard. He attended a local school until his letter to Hogwarts arrived, and then went on to join the house of Hufflepuff for seven years. After Hogwarts, Reginald came back down to the south of England, but ended up having to rent a flat in Brighton. He gained employment at Brighton university as a part-time lecturer in biology, something which had fascinated him. It was after a fair few years in this job that he met Sandra Brook, and not wishing to break any rules, resigned from his position to begin courting her. Reginald managed to find a job opening at the Ministry of Magic, though he never told Sandra about this position, and simply claimed he worked in London at a big office job (which was sort of true). He proposed to Sandra two days after she completed her university course. They moved in together to a rented house in Brighton, and wed the following year. They had four children; Joseph, Ellen, Amice, and Muriel.
Amice has a big brother called Joseph Marcus Beckett. He was born on the 5th of October, 2028. He grew up in a terraced house in Brighton. He was born to a wizard and a muggle, and is, himself, a squib. He attends a school which is local to Brighton, and generally ranks as above average in grades. His best subject is music. He plays guitar (he took it up because his first girlfriend thought it would make him cooler) and enjoys singing, and dreams of making it big as a musician.
Amice has a big sister called Ellen Harriet Beckett. She was born on the 16th of March, 2030. She grew up in a terraced house in Brighton. She was born to a wizard and a muggle, and is, herself, a squib. She attends a school which is local to Brighton, and generally ranks below average in grades. Her best subject is French. She has a tendency to mess around in class with her friends, and spends a lot of time trying to keep track of her favourite celebrities. She likes the idea of travelling the world and meeting all sorts of people. She is very heavily influenced by what her friends tell her. Her dream job would be modelling.
Amice has a little sister called Muriel Clementine Beckett. She was born on the 22nd of April, 2035. She grew up in a terraced house in Brighton. She was born to a wizard and a muggle, and is, herself, a witch. She attends a school which is local to Brighton, and generally ranks top of the class in her grades. Her best subject is science. She loves physics, and anything to do with space. She dreams of one day being an astronaut. She loves unusual animals and would love to have her own pet one day.
Amice had a grandma called Myrtle Victoria Beckett (her maiden name was Carpenter). She was born on the 11th of July, 1938. She died on the 17th of November, 2041 due to heart failure brought on by preexisting health conditions. She grew up in a cramped terraced house in London. She was born to a witch and a muggle, and was, herself, a witch. She was home-schooled until eleven, when she began attending Hogwarts in Scotland. Her father was a carpenter, and her mother was a muggle school teacher. The couple met when Myrtle's mother was teaching Myrtle's half-brother, Colin. The two wed within a year (Myrtle's father was widowed five years previous due to childbirth complications), and went on to have Myrtle and Georgina (who passed away in 2022 from advanced lung cancer). Myrtle worked at Hogwarts in Scotland for several years after completing her education, performing nursing duties. She went on to become a healer at St. Mungo's and moved to Lewes to be closer to her work. It was during her work she met Agnar Beckett (18th of August, 1934 - 9th of May, 2013), a half-giant who had been wounded while working with dragons (he was attempting to re-capture an escapee, and though wounded by his efforts, was successful). He was, as Myrtle had always fondly remembered "the rudest man [she'd] ever met." They fell deeply in love and married after two years together. They began living as a wedded couple and Myrtle soon fell pregnant with her son, Reginald. They went on to have another son, Petyr (who was killed in a road accident in 2011). The death of her youngest son caused Agnar to sink into a deep depression. He was admitted to a wizarding psychiatric unit at St. Mungo's in 2012. The strain of the incident became too much, and Agnar passed away just over a year later of medical complications. Myrtle eventually moved to Brighton to live down the street from her son, Reginald, and his young family. She bonded closely with Amice and Muriel, noticing little hints of magic within them. She bought a crup, which she named Tobias, who kept her company in her final years. When she passed away, Tobias was left to her son, who re-home the creature with an all-wizarding family who had recently lost a son (he did not feel it appropriate to keep the animal around his muggle wife and squib children).
The Beckett family have a dog called Bernie. He was born around the 7th of December, 2041. After Myrtle Beckett's death, and with her crup no longer at the family household, the Beckett family decided they needed someone new to keep their spirits up. Bernie was bought in February of 2042. He was the last remaining puppy to be sold from his litter, and is a very lively dog. He is a black and white Newfoundland. Bernie loves walkies, finding sticks to bring home, chewing on his cuddly toys, and sleeping on beds. He gets on well with all the family, and doesn't look out of place in size beside Reginald Beckett (who is six feet and nine inches).

- Including, but not limited to, grand-parents; parents; siblings (if your character has no siblings, would they like some?); children (if your an older character); e.t.c.
- If you have stories/memories/information/family history/e.t.c. for each member, feel free to write those too.
- Also feel free to include your characters relationships with family members.
- What where the reactions to your character receiving their letter from Hogwarts?
- If your character is muggle born, how do their parents feel?

Pets:
- If your character has any, what are their names; types; appearance e.t.c, and why do they have them?
- Will your character be brining their pet to Hogwarts? If so, why? If not, why?
- If your character has non, why not? And would they like some?

Area of Residence:
Terraced house not far off Preston Road, Brighton, United Kingdom.
She lives at the rented property with her mother, father, sisters, brother, and dog.

Blood Status:
- Whether your character is Pure-Blood; Half-Blood; Muggle-Born; e.t.c.

Heritage:
- What are your characters family roots. Are they part Scottish, for example.

Special Abilities:
- Whether your character is a Parselmouth; Legilimens; Animagus; e.t.c, and why. Have a read of this topic for special abilities: http://hogwartsnewzealand.com/topic/7078926/

Interests or Hobbies:
- What your character likes to do, and why?
- If your character has a favourite book, or song, put that here too.

Additional Skills:
- Does your character speak other languages (who taught them); can they juggle; dance; act e.t.c.?
- If they can, how well can they fly a broom?

Strengths:
- List some of your characters strengths.

Weaknesses:
- List some of your characters weaknesses and flaws.

Describe your character in three words:
- Single word descriptions, and a reason as to why; if you can think of one.

Favourite place to be:
On a good day- Amice loves to be out in the sunshine at the park with friends. On a bad day- Amice prefers to snuggle up under the duvet with her favourite cuddly toy and pretend the world doesn't exist.

Friends:
- If your character has any, who are they; where are they friends?
- If un-sorted, will they be missed at Hogwarts?

Hogwarts House:
- If un-sorted, which house does your character wish to attend, and why?

Hogwarts Hopes and Ambitions:
- If a student or un-sorted, what do you hope to achieve in your time at Hogwarts?
- Any thoughts on joining the Quidditch team? If so, why; and if not, why?
- How will you settle in to starting Hogwarts?

Best school subjects:
- If a student, which subjects are your characters favourites, and why?
- If an adult, which subjects where your characters favourites, and why?
- If un-sorted, which subjects do you feel will be your characters favourites, and why?

Worst school subjects:
- If a student, which subjects are your characters worst, and why?
- If an adult, which subjects where your characters worst, and why?
- If un-sorted, which subjects do you feel will be your characters worst, and why?

Extracurricular Activities:
- If a student, what activities does your character partake in, and why? For example, Quidditch.
- If an adult, what activities had your character took part in, and why? For example, Quidditch.
- If un-sorted, what activities has your character took part in within their current school (if they attend one), and why?

Plans for your future:
- If a student or un-sorted, what are your characters plans whilst at Hogwarts, or for after Hogwarts, and why?
- If an adult, what are your characters plans for the future, and why? For example, to start a family.

Your Patronus:
- If un-sorted, what would your characters Patronus be, and why?
- If a student or an adult, what is your characters Patronus, and why?

Your Patronus memory:
- If un-sorted, which memory would be used to create their Patronus, and why?
- If a student or an adult, which memory is used to create your characters Patronus, and why?

Your Boggart:
- If un-sorted, what would your characters Boggart be, and why?
- If a student or an adult, what is your characters Boggart, and why?

Your Animagus:
- If your character intends to become an Animagus, what would their form be, and why?
- If your character is already an Animagus, what is their form, and why?

Mirror of Erised:
- What would your character see if they where to look into the Mirror of Erised, and why?

Pages from your diary:
November 17th, 2041.
Grandma died. I don't know what to do or how to feel. She's the first relative I can actually remember losing. She was more than just a grandma; she was my best friend.
The rest of the family are in mourning. They're all wearing these horrible smelling black suits and dresses and making a really big show of it all. Mum snapped at me again for wearing my favourite baggy t-shirt instead of the black dress she bought me. It's been two days since grandma went (I don't regularly update my diary but I'm starting to think I should.. Last entry is July of 2039) and the funeral isn't until next week, but mum's still insistent we wear black all the time and cry. She says it will help us to grieve quicker. But I don't think I want to grieve quicker. I think I want to put on my dirty baggy clothes and eat a bag of Doritos and watch The BFG with Sam from number four.
I don't feel ready to let go. She was my grandma. She was fantastic and mad and clever and loving and caring and perfect. And now she's left me. She's left me with stupid smelly clothes and a family gone mad.
I almost think I hate her. But then I don't hate her. I hate that she's left me. She's left me and gone to a sparkly happy place with shining lights and angels. She's having the time of her.. Well, the time of her death, I guess, and here I am cuddling the cardigan she wore on her last visit to the house. She left it on my bed. She said if I ever needed her and she couldn't be there, to cuddle the cardigan.
I miss her so much.

December 3rd, 2041.
I argued with mum again. I really don't know how to feel any more. She washed grandma's cardigan, and when I begged her not to wash it, she told me to grow up. But I did something else, something she got angry about. When she wasn't looking, I cut the end of one sleeve off the cardigan. I kept it because if I had that one piece, she couldn't wash it. I've hidden it in my room. It smells like grandma's talcum powder. Mum doesn't know where it is but she got very cross when she was trying to sell the cardigan and found a piece missing. She said I could have the cardigan if it meant that much to me. I sleep cuddling it every night. It helps me to remember grandma telling me bedtime stories.
She used to do all the funny voices; the squeaky little door mouse, the neurotic white rabbit, the mad man with the hat, and the invisible grinning cat. I loved that story. It felt so magical, so alive. It was magical, because my grandma wasn't just another silly person with their boring old job and suit; my grandma was a witch.
I remember the night I found out about grandma being magic. It was when she came to stay (she'd just moved in up the road from us) because mum wasn't well and dad had to work late. I remember her bringing this really strange dog with her. He was a Jack Russell, but he had a deformity- he had a sort of second tail (grandma had it removed when he was a little older). His name was Tobias (I called him Toto) and he was very friendly. Well, he was friendly to me and grandma and Muriel and dad, but not really to anyone else.
I remember we went for a walk that evening, just me, grandma, and Tobias. It was beautiful with the sun setting and the distant murmur of the city. And then it went dark before we got home. We'd walked quite far and I was scared we were lost. And then grandma fumbled with her little handbag and pulled out this long piece of wood, and I said "grandma, what are you going to do with that? Is it to play fetch with Toto?" and she just smiled and shook her head, said something weird, and suddenly LIGHT! It was like a torch in a stick. And we found the path.
She made the light disappear again and when we got into the house she came upstairs to read to me. Everyone else was in bed already. Grandma closed my door tightly shut. I never like it shut because we leave the light on in the hall so I don't get scared. And then grandma took a book out of her handbag (I still don't know how she could fit it in there). The book was called Alice's Adventures In Wonderland. Grandma gave me a big smile. I didn't know why she was smiling until she told me to snuggle up in bed with Tobias and listen to the story.
I'm so glad I did. It was AMAZING. As soon as grandma opened that book, these little glowing balls of light dropped out onto the bedroom floor, and then they climbed up onto the bed and stood on my tummy. They were the characters from the book. Grandma began to read the story, and when she did the voices of the characters, they would move their mouths and it was just spectacular. The whole thing was the most beautiful and wondrous sight I've seen.
When the story was over, grandma waved her glowing stick and all the lights went back inside the book. She told me that when I was bigger, I could keep the book and read it to my children. She told me I was special but that I wouldn't really know what that meant for a few more years. Then dad came home. He told grandma to come downstairs and let me sleep. I could hear them talking through the crack in the door. Dad was angry. He told grandma off for letting me go out so late, and for bringing Tobias round. He didn't like the dog because it scared mum and Joseph and Ellen. Sometimes Tobias could be a little unfriendly towards them, but not half as bad as he was to the other kids in the street. He really didn't like Sam.
I'm in bed with the cardigan now, snuffling into it and thinking about how warm grandma's hugs used to be.
I asked dad a question earlier that he didn't seem to like. I asked him how old grandma was when she died. He did this weird thing with his mouth that he does when he doesn't want to answer. Mum just said that she was a very old lady and looked great for her age. I know she must have been quite old because my dad is 53, and grandma once said she was 50 when she had him, but I think she must have been making that up because that would mean she would have been over 100 when she died, and I don't think anybody lives to 100, do they? And she looked far too young. She had only a few wrinkles, and she had only gone grey when I was five- before that she had burnt scarlet curls of hair. It looked mad. I liked it.
I don't know how to cope without grandma. She made me feel so safe. My family don't seem to know I'm even there. I think I'm starting to feel sad. I'm going to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back