Am I reading too much into this?

Watson Firn

Wand
16" Beech Wood, Esence of the Hair from the Mane of a Kelpie.
Watson walked down Bleak Street - it was hardly a sight that many would see, an Auror walking through one of the darkest places in the Wizarding world. Coming to a halt at the door of the Poison Ater, Watson examined the shop before taking entry. It seemed like a quite day - exactly what Watson wanted, especially because of the reputation he would have round these parts. You didn't have to be around to know that Remus caused a bit of a kerfuffle in the Ater on a few occasions. It wasn't only that for the reason that Watson was here, but on a schedule that Remus had planned (pinned to his bedside table), The Poison Ater was the stop for food on the day of Remus' death. Could something he had eaten here be linked to his heart attack? Watson wasn't here on buisness, it was more of a follow up then anything - not to mention stopping off and grabbing something to eat.

Remus had also mentioned to Watson that Mister Acwel Ater may or may not have had something to do with the death of the two's mother. Then again, Remus may have clarified that - but Watson received no letters to inform him of any further progress. Groaning as he placed his hand to the door, Watson opened it and the door creaked, hitting the bell above it. There was no way of getting in here quietly. His shoes clacking against the floor, Watson came to the bar and tapped on the bench, waiting for one of the Ater's to make a show.

Alina was hiding in the courner of The Posion Ater, she liked hiding here because no one would notice her as a ghost.
The Ater was Quiet, the Boys were off doing something and the Elves were working.

A Man walked in and Alina looked curiously, there were a few other people here but this Early morning not many people had stirred, the Man looked like he was After Acwel and Alina knew that Acwel wouldn't bother come down because of the Door going off the Elves could handle it. Alina got up and looked at the Man she looked around and sighed, Acwel didn't know that she was Around, Not Yet anyway, She silently moved behind the counter avoiding eyes of people who wouldn't bother to look anyway.
Alina looked at a bottle of homemade brew which was sitting on the Bar she focused and managed to knock it on the floor near the man who had entered before she faded back into her courner and Hid.

That should bring Acwel down.

Looking around at those that were already in the Ater, Watson took no notice of the Ghost - that was at least until she had come out and knocked the bottle over at his feet. Cocking an eye brow at her, Watson watched as she faded away, "Strange Woman..." he murmured to himself so that only he could hear. Little did he know that she was doing it to alert the Ater that stirred out of sight. Grasping a stool and sliding it over to himself, Watson took a seat and remained to tap his finger gently on the bench, waiting for the person he wanted to arrive.
Eyes darting around himself cautiously, Watson couldn't help but feel that he was being watched; maybe not by all the people in the Ater, but some of them.

Shifting in his seat so he wasn't so much as facing away from those seated at first behind him, Watson ensured that he had clear view of the bar and the people in his rear - only keeping his back to the door. He was now sitting on an angle, one that proved to be to his favor. Resting his hand that was not being used to tap on the counter in his lap, patience was now the key to this not so destined meeting.

Acwel heard something smash and he sighed pushing his paper work aay he stood up abruptly from his desk, Acwel pushed his door open and walked out which seemed to appear as a wall behind him, Blood doors were a brilliant charm.
Acwel made his way downstairs and saw a man who looked slightly similar who wasn't there before "If you needed to talk to me you could have just told an Elf to go up stairs" he said
As soon as h put his foot on the ground at the bottom of the stairs a Elf seemed to run out of the kitchen and head to the broken glass to clean it up.
"What do you want" he said looking at the man.

Sitting there, foot-steps were heard coming from the back. Turning in his seat to face the front, Watson took his sight to lock onto the man that appeared. A Dark looking man, he was a man that wasn't so much as welcoming - on the contrary he was more some one who made you want to live and not pay up for the meal you got, no matter how good or bad it may be.
"Apologies Mister Ater, If I'm not mistaken?" Watson spoke, as if inviting the man to correct him if he was wrong, "But I didn't make this little mess - A woman - A Ghost if you will." he spoke in clarification.

Nodding to the elf who had come to clean up the glass, Watson smiled in a some what thanking manner and then looked back up at Acwel, "Remus Firn, Familiar with him?" Questioned Watson with the cock of an eye brow.
"The man passed away a few days ago - Heart attack was the cause. I couldn't help but notice that on his schedule he attended the Ater for his meal. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly was served to the gentlemen? I assume you keep receipts?" Watson's tone was a little colder than usual, and he didn't plan on telling the Ater man his name until completely necessary - that was the same with his occupation.

Acwel looked at the Man who opened the floor to Acwel to apologise "Shift the Blame if you want" se said as he ignored the man.
Acwel moved behind the Bar and picked up a box of homebrew and put it on the bench, he took out the bottles and moved it so that he could put them away for easier access.

"Unfortunatly he does come here, but i believe there is a thing called privacy, his death must be a tradgic thing but i assure you that he didn't die from anything here, i do like to keep standards in my shop, and why would i risk ruining my repuatation" he said as he sniffed the air discrealey, 'the mans Half blood, and clearly up to no good' he thought to himself.

"anything else you need... Sir" he said

Standing from the stool and pushing it back slowly, Watson took to leaning his weight into his palms which now rest on the bench, "I'm not shifting the blame Sir." Watson spoke smoothly. If there was something that he hated more then disrespect, it was being accused of something that he didn't do. Watching the movements of the man behind the bar, it seemed that he couldn't care less for the situation at hand. He seemed to be more worried about getting all of his things back on the shelves - Business came first for this man.

Listening into the mans 'Unfortunate' remark, Watson noted it down mentally before continuing to his point, "Mister Ater, There may be a thing such as privacy, But I'm more than entitled to those receipts. It shouldn't be an issue if nothing was out of the ordinary, now should it?" a Fake smile brushing onto Watson's face as the words left his lips. Looking around the store, Watson let out a small chuckle, "Yes, I can see that you have a great reputation." It wasn't so much as sarcastic as it was meant. Taking a step over to the opening in the bar, Watson waited for an invite into the serving area, or if not the receipts in which he had requested in the first place.

Acwel looked at the man and ignored his comment again before he put the box down and slide the bottle into there place behind the bar.
"Not unless i have a good enough reason, you shall not go through my work's buisness, you have no proper reason for these reciepts, and you shall not see these reciepts, so unless you are here to have a drink or eat, you can leave now" he said as he kept on putting the bottles behind the bar, not even looking up at the man.

Looking at the man before him, Watson gave a brief grunt, "Get me a water then." Watson smirked and took back to his stool seat. "Now that I'm ordering something and enjoying a beverage, May i take a look at those receipts please?" A smile brushed over Watson's face, despite the fact of already knowing what the man was about to say, Watson had to add that smart Alick touch. Noting that Acwel was denying to join eye contact with Watson, he took it as a form of secrecy - this man had to be hiding something.

Shifting in his seat as he waited for his water, Watson took a glance around the room; there were a few more people then there were when he had come in. Then again more and more people were slowly clearing out, so soon enough it would fair the same amount of people as when Watson had arrived. Ensuring that his fore-arm holster for his wand was easy to get to, Watson turned back into Acwel. The time he had given the man to serve his drink was more then enough, especially considering that it was water.

Acwel looked at the man and picked up a glass pouring some water into it and put it infront of him, Acwel saw some peopel leave and nodded towards them.
Acwel cotinued to Ignore the man as he asked for the reciepts. "Enjoy your water" he said as he waved his hand and two elfs emeraged from the kitchen and started to clean up the bar area.

Acwel turned around and walked towards the stairs, Once he reached the top Acwel pushed against the wall which opened and shut behind him appearing as a blank empty hallway again.

A dark and cold wind blew outside the Ater residence, as the bolts to one of the benches began to be pulled out one by one very forcefully. Watson didn't know the Presence but he knew of him well enough, in life Luxen had encountered his brother and had hoped to meet him again though he was now dead and so Luxen had to give the remaining firn his condolences. The Ater's had never really annoyed Luxen except for the fact that they were incompetent Death Eaters but he couldn't really hold that against them could he? The heavy metal bench lifted into the air slowly as it turned to face longways towards the Ater's bar. With enough force of a bullet being fired the bench flew towards the glass windows, smashing through as though they were nothing and flinging itself towards the bar with a very loud crash. Cloaked so that he could not be seen Luxen waited for the two to come out so that he could say 'hello'.

Looking at the man before him, Watson could see he was getting no where with this fellow. Taking the glass into hand and sculling the water in one hit, Watson watched as his only source of information went walking back to where ever he had come from. It was then that a large wind started growing outside, something that put Watson off going after the Ater. Tilting his head to the side and looking as one of the benches glid up into the air, Watson's eyes widened and noticed that it shot itself at the windows of the Poison Ater. Noting that the destination that the bench would be heading was going to collide with some of the Customers in the store, Watson took to his feet. Dark Wizard's or not the people in this diner were going to get hurt.

The People situated at the bar were looking curiously at Watson as he took to his feet, but that was the least of his concerns, Flicking his hand at the rear of the customers Watson uttered the words "Protego Totalum". The shield projected itself over the customers and the wandless magic was more the enough to sustain the impact of the collision. Staring out of the broken windows, Watson looked over to one of the elves, "I suggest you get you're master..."

Atelic had been out and about shopping and basically just enjoying the day. He quite trusted his not to burn down their restaurant while he was away. Trusting Alden not to eat them out of house and home on the other hand, was an entirely different matter. He chuckled to himself slightly as the remark crossed his mind.

He couldn't be bothered to apparate at the time, preferring to use the Floo Powder network right into his brothers office. He stepped into fire place of a local store and with a flash of green flames that erupted around him, he was stepping out of the fireplace in his brothers office. Noticing that Acwel stood right before him Atelic said, "I see the place still stands?" A slight chuckle escaping him.

Acwel saw Atelic Appear in the Fireplace and he stood up "I can take care of this place you know, it was fine the entire time you were off in spain with Mother and Father" he said as he walked over to him, Acwel heard some commotion down stairs and he sighed "see it was fine untill you came here, well i left a snoopy man down there knowing him he wants the stupid reciepts still, care to join me" he said as he walked towards the door pulling it open and allowing his Brother to walk through.

Acwel followed his brother down the stairs into te Main of the Ater, he saw the Man protecting some of the customers and rolled his eyes, did he not know that most of the people who came in here were perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.

It was kinda sweet that dear Watson had managed to protect everyone, all with wandless magic too. Though Luxen hoped the man knew that Wandless magic had it's limits and was really only good for small spells as two more benches appeared next to him. Twisting with loud shrieks the benches were ripped apart so that they became several sharp polls "Can't have one destroyed Window, makes everything uneven" Luxen said as the twenty or so polls flew very fast into the other window and then scattered as though a bomb had forced them all towards different locations. Luxen felt a bead of sweat on his face, using his power inside an owned building was not prudent, if he was meant to do that then the whole of Bleak Street would've been transformed into his own private hell house but Luxen wasn't complaining. All he had to do was destroy the building from the outside and then whatever magical laws that prevented him from entering would become null and void.

Puffing with a relief that the damage had only been caused to the Benches rather then the people, Watson turned to welcome the Ater's down. "Glad you could join us... It appears that there's something out there... And for some reason I don't think its a witch nor a Wizard." Turning his head back to the window as he heard the benches rip from the floor, Remus through his favored hand to his fore-arm wand holder, drawing it out. The damage to the windows was done, but saving the inside could be accomplished. Throwing his wand forward to aim at the region where the majority of the sharp objects were located Watson cast a non-verbal 'Aresto Momentum'. The Objects drastically slowed themselves down until coming to a complete step, hence when Watson dropped them boredly to the floor, twiddling his wand between his fingers.

Turning his head to the two brothers near him, Watson grinned slightly, "Well, Unless you want this place ripped to shreds, I suggest we go and face what ever evil this is." His words were simple and clear. Whether this was a place for Dark Wizard or not, it was still some ones property, and clearly was of a rather large amount of value. A place like this was what brought in the money, what paid for children's tuition and schooling. Groaning at the fact that he had convinced himself to help the Aters, Watson waited for the response from the rather uncooperative man and his brother.

Atelic raised an eyebrow as he saw the bench rip up from the floor and smash the window. His composed face stayed the same except for a slight tightening of the jaw. I'd bet anything that it's luxen. That man just had it in for the twins. Atelic's eyes flickered quickly to the man whom his brother had said was snooping around for a moment.

He knew his brother was quick to be harsh and that just wouldn't do here, "Thank you for your concern, But if it's who I think it is.. Perhaps you should take your offer to help under more consideration" He kept walking down the stairs as he said this as was now striding out to the door along with his brother, soon stepping out from the restaurant to notice Luxen. "Should have known.. Rather child like don't you think? Throwing things at peoples windows?" His silver eyes locking onto the man before him.

Acwel looked at his Brother and smirked "Now now Atelic, if they need to be Childish so that they feel all big then you should allow them to have there fun" he said.
Acwel waved his hand and the door to the kitchen opened and a few elves walked out and started to clean up the broken glass. "Ok your both Big boys, you can leave now" he said.

"Please Ater, not everything is about you and your Death Eater family" Luxen said with a smirk as he turned towards Watson. "I'm here to give my condolences, for his loss" Luxen said with a smirk as he looked at Atelic Ater with a bit of joy, "Unfortunately you should've stayed inside" Luxen said as another Luxen appeared in front of Atelic and back slapped him very hard as he vanished. The real Luxen looked at Watson "Come on out Watson and I'll tell you all you need to know about the good ol' Ater family" Luxen taunted wondering if the Auror would take the bait. Luxen figured this might also intrigue the Aters as he turned towards them "Unless you kill Watson first" Luxen said as he rolled his eyes for a moment.

Standing there and watching as the Ater's walked out, Watson picked up on Death Eater and Family. It was hard to comply for a moment - he had only thought that Acwel and the rest would be Dark Wizards, but not to the extant of Death Eaters. A cramping pain went through Watson's stomach for a moment, that was a rather big shock to take in all in one hit, "Failed to mention that, Mister Ater..." Watson snorted slightly. Listening in to the Male, Watson cocked an eye brow. How did this fellow know that Remus was dead?
Watching as the Spirit played with the two Ater's outside, Watson looked at Luxen, "I think I'll be fine for the moment - I know all I need to know about the Ater's now." The sudden strive to help the family had gone - they were everything he hated.

Glaring at the Ater's when the words left the Spirit's mouth, Watson felt the air around him grow short - he was out numbered, but possibly not out skilled. Tightening the grip on his wand, in case worst came to worst, Watson remained in the position he had been in the first place for the moment. He advanced to the broken windows, though decided against going any further; he needed a battle plan, possibly for two situations.

Acwel looked at Luxen and just walked off towards the bar and pulled out two glasses and filled them with Homebrew and handed one to Atelic.
"Go on and talk to Mr. Silverback, what are you going to say, 'A Dark Presense told me that...' Nice one, i believe you would be called mad" he said as he took a sip of his Homebrew.

"i want to see them try to proove this acusation" he said to his brother.

Atelic only had time to raise his eyebrow to Luxen's comment before he felt the hard slap from the second Luxen that appeared before him. After forking his jaw for a moment Atelic said with a bit of a shocked expression. "Did...he just...slap me?" after quickly regaining his composure Atelic noted, "Death eaters? Oh you can't be serious"

He accepted the drink from his brother, taking a sip before continueing "How would we find the time to run around being evil and run a restaurant like this" He raised his eyebrow to Luxen before adding, "Unless of course you think we are wearing our superman costumes underneath the clothes we have on now?" He asked this as if it were a quite serious question though the mockery could just be heard beneath it. He noticed the snoopy man tighten his grip on his wand, either because he was a normal person that feared death eaters.. or the slightly more problematic option of him being an Auror.

"You two prove just how stupid you are every time you talk" Luxen said with a bit of mockery as he walked towards Watson "They actually think I'm a dead guy" Luxen said with a smirk as he shifted slightly and turned into Remus Firn, Watson's dead brother "I'm everyone that's died, brother and it's because of people like them that I'm dead in the first place" Remus said as he looked at his brother pleadingly. "They are Death Eaters and they mock us and what we have always stood for" Remus said as he looked down at himself. "If you want brother, I can help you fight them" Remus said as he pulled out a wand "They've caused so much pain and we can end it all tonight" Remus said as he turned towards the Ater's and looked at them with both anger and disgust. "It's my dying wish for both my love and my child, that I take evil down a notch" Remus said with Justice in his voice.

Watson looked over at the Ater's - Playing along with this presence was Watson's best option for now, at least until he discovered something else to do. He needed to buy more time then he had, but how? He wasn't going to harm the Aters, after all he didn't have any solid proof that they were Death Eater's now did he? Watching as Luxen transformed into his own Brother, Watson cocked an eye brow and looked at the pleading man with sadness. Making it appear that he was intrigued and convinced by the whole concept, Watson made it appear as if he were about to step out of the Ater, but pivoted on the spot and turned his back to the Presence.
"Now, now, Not a very convincing act. The Ater's here aren't causing any one any harm, the only person doing so being you. Who's proving to be more of death eater? That's one show you've put on superbly"

Comparing a Presence to a Death Eater, an odd concept really, but this would buy time, buy time for some small talk while the Ater's finished off what ever the heck they where doing. Flicking his wand quickly back into his sleeve, hence, holstering it, Watson walked over to the bench where the Ater's were, taking a seat next to Atelic. If they were going to give off the impression that they would work well together, acting that little more 'kindly' towards one another wouldn't hurt.

"This is not an act brother" Remus said as he put away his wand and went forwards "Death changes everyone" Remus said with a slight bit of anger towards his brother for so quickly discouraging him. "I guess you wouldn't know how it feels to be forever separated by all the people you love, to never be able to hold or kiss the one person in your life that matters most" Remus said bitterly. "To die because of the stress these people put me through, fighting the good fight" Remus said as he looked at his brother with hatred in his eyes "I can never come back to life and here you are, my own brother killing me again by working side by side with evil" Remus said passionately. "What would our family think?" Remus added as a last touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back