Am I a "Wang girl" now?

Maia Purdue

OOC First Name
Maia
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4 Essence of Phoenix Ash
Maia was excited, as she walked in the doors of the large, glass building. Today was to be her first day as Elizabeth Wang's assistant, and it was huge. She would have many tasks to do, and she knew she had to look good. That was why she had chosen her blue ensemble, slightly expensive, but definitely worth it. Looking around the lobby, she was slightly confused, she had no idea where to go. Stopping an authoritive looking man in a suit she asked, in her sweet English accent "Excuse me, how do I get to Ms. Elizabeth Wang's offive?" the man smiled, and gave her directions, he seemed nice, but Maia was in a hurry, she was early-thankfully, but she wanted to get to know the building.

She walked purposfully toward an elevator, a muggle contraption-which she thought very useful. Her heels click-clacked as she walked, but came to a sudden halt as she entered the elevator. She pressed a button and the elevator took off. Maia immediately made sure she loooked sure of herself. She held her shoulders back and her head high. Another woman entered the elevator on the way up and Maia nodded to her cordially. She was mentally preparing herself for whatever Ms. Wang might throw at her.

Then, the elevator stopped and Maia stepped into a lavishly decorated area. She presumed she was on the right floor, and headed in the direction the man had dictated to her. She looked around and eventually saw an office with a sign that said "Elizabeth Wang." on the door. she took a deep breath and knocked lightly on the door.

Elizabeth was done for the year at hogwarts and had much work to due for the summer season in the states and very little time to get things done. So Elizabeth did what needed to be done as soon as she arrived at her office she fire her assistant. The girl had a little style and a small brain which were crimes punishable by death in her eyes. She did not even blink when the girl burst into tears or when she stormed out of the office there was no time to worry about crying childern. Elizabeth had her other assistant run a few applications and they found a promising hopeful but that was only on paper the girl still had to somehow wow Elizabeth in order to keep her job and must work twice as hard as the rest if she could do that than Elizabeth could open many doors for the woman.

Elizabeth was on the phone with the charming Marc Jacob as she was scheduling a dinner between himand herself for later in the week when a knock came on the door. "Well open it and come in we do not have all day for you to play games I have a thousand things that need to be done and you are holding them all up." Elizabeth shouted at the door before finishing her phone call. She hung up the phone and turned and began to scribble away on an edit for her upcoming magazine.

Maia was startled as she heard a voice shouting for her to come in. She opened the door and looked at the woman, who was writing something down. "Hello Ms. Wang-My name is Maia Purdue-your new assistant, what do you want me to do?" she got the idea that this woman wouldn't be one for long introductions-and starting on the right foot might be a good idea. She pulled out a pen from her bag, and a notepad. She assumed that she might have a few tasks, and wanted to remember what to do. There was meant to be another assistant, but Maia wasn't sure where her desk was- what she was meant to do-so basically Ms. Elizabeth Wang and her were balancing on a scale and it was weighing heavily in Ms. Wang's direction.

She fixed her jacket, pushing back up her sleeves and smiled, but she looked focused. She was ready for anything, and wouldn't be surprised if this would be difficult. The woman was busy, owned a large magazine and was a working editor-in-chief. She had two assistants for crying out loud-that led one to believe that there was lots of work to go around.

Elizabeth showed no sign that she knew the girl was standing in her office nor did she make any effort to have the girl take a seat. So after almost five minutes she looked up from her work and stared the woman down as she made a few mental notes and studied the woman. The girl was shy and not confident in her abilities and it showed as she seemed lost and out of place and reserved. She had good taste in clothing but would need to do better since she now worked for Elizabeth and her organization. She was pretty and seemed to be runway material but that was something that Elizabeth could of course acould work with the girl on in the future if she manages to make it past the first week.

"Please have a seat we will talk a little first before we take to tour and get you set and put to work. I am Elizabeth Wang and you will address me as Ms. Wang and nothing else for I have earned the respect to be called such and only those who have gained my respect may call me Elizabeth. Any questions so Far?" Elizabeth asked as she sat back into her chair.

Maia stood waiting while the woman ignored her. She was angry-it was rumbling inside her and she felt as though she would burst, but she was an actress-she could keep cool. She watched as the woman looked her up and down, judging her. She refused to allow herself to fix her hair or dress-she would not show weakness. A slight sparkle of defiance came into her eyes, but she changed it and enhanced it into confidence, she was nervous, but she would not let it show. She looked her straight in the eyes, refusing to flinch or look away.

"None whatsoever Ms. Wang." Maia replied, she was able for this, but she wouldn't give cheek. This was an excellent job and Maia intended to do it well, but she had already decided that one day she would call her Elizabeth. She sat down in the seat in front of the woman,her knees crossed, her arms by her side.

"Good! Here at Wang International we pride ourselves on delivering only excellence and as such I expect nothing less than excellence from my employees. All employees who wish to continue to work for Wang must be on time everyday no exception and are required to dress appropriately since this is a high end fashion. I pay my employees to work and so if they are unable to do that then they are let go with that said no personal calls on company phones and the internet is for work and not free time. You will get an hour break and there is but one exception to that and this if you are out to lunch with me or a client." Elizabeth said as she stood up to walk over to the window as she looked out on to the beautiful skyline as she allowed the girl to take notes. Elizabeth was a hard ball to work for but it paid off she did have a reputation to up hold and was not as successful as she was without a little blood and sweat. Very few people understood that she had worked her way up from a unknown model to one of the most powerful women in the fashion world but then again very few people were given the opportunity to work for her and get to know her.

Elizabeth turned around to face the woman as she was sure the woman had in fact finished her notes and continued to speak "This is a mixed organization with both Muggle and Non muggle employees and as such we due everything her the muggle way!" Elizabeth said as she gave the woman a a look as she knew the woman would understand and it would also not give out any information that could compromise the secrecy act which she was required to uphold by every government of magic that she dealt with and it was taken very serious by all employees.

"Yes Ms. Wang." Maia replied, having written all of this down. She ran it through her head. So basically, dress better, no personal calls, no more than an hour lunch-exception with Elizabeth and.. she added this herself. Ms. Wang won't take any rubbish.. She smiled to herself, this should be an interesting experience. She put away her notes and placed it in her bag. She nodded when Ms. Wang explained about the whole muggle thing. "I have worked with muggles before, that should not be a problem Ms. Wang." she replied, she was used to muggle directors and actors, it would be easy. Also, she completely under stood why all of this should be kept on the qt. If any muggle were to figure out about the magic through Wang international-Ms. Wang would be ruined.

She smiled at Ms. Wang and asked. "Do you want me to do anything Ms. Wang?" she looked bright and alert, helped by the latte she had drunk just before she had arrived. She loved Star bucks, it always had a cappuccino or latte-and always understood more than "coffee" or "tea"

"Let me show you too your desk so that you may get settled in quickly as we have a full schedule!" Elizabeth said as she gave a quick flick of her hair before standing up and heading for the door hoping the woman was not one to dottle around like a lost sheep. Elizabeth head right and began to give a tour of the Executive floor and introduced to all of her peers and other people of importance. She also gave a brief history of Wang international as she showed her each of the department heads as well as a detailed map of the building before making her way back to the second of two desk that sat outsde of Elizabeths office.

"This is your desk you will work along Manuel my other assistant dealing with answering phones and running errands. You are free to hang about the office this afternoon to get situated. But tommorow be ready to seriously work." Elizabeth said as he left the woman at her desk.

"Yes Miss." Maia smiled politely, as Ms. Wang led her out toward her desk. she placed her bag and notepad on the desk as she passed, planning to check out the computer later. She smiled at all of the people they passed as they whizzed around the huge building. She listened intently and nodded her head as Ms. Wang explained the history of Wang international, and tried to remember most of it. Then, having found they were back at her desk, she walked behind it and began to arrange her things to her liking.

"Thank you Ms. Yes, I will be ready." she smiled, sitting down and logging on to the computer, to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back