OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Flexible Fir Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Charlie had spent a night at the castle, and the next morning he found his way up to the owlery. He didn't like not talking to his dad every day. He found himself a nice corner, smiling as Kohaku fluttered down to rest on his shoulder. He stroked the little owl softly, opening up his notebook. He thought for a minute, before he started to write.

Dad,
How are you? I miss you. This place... its really big. I'm sharing a dorm with a lot of boys. Almost as soon as I got here they sent me to sit on a chair in front of the entire school, and dropped a hat on my head. The hat says I'm a Hufflepuff. Supposedly Hufflepuff is for the hard-working and faithful? Whatever that means. The house colors are yellow and black- I feel like a bumblebee.
How is work going? I know its only been a day. But I really miss you, I don't like not seeing you. I don't really know anyone, but to be honest even if I did I would still rather be home with you. This is the longest we've ever been apart. It's really hard to sleep without that tea you make for me. Could you send me some? I know it won't taste the same but maybe I can make something kinda similar. You are remembering to eat every night, right? I know sometimes you get caught up in work and forget its dinner time. Write to me, okay?
-Charlie

Last edited:
Celestyn was back in his apartment in New York, the hot september summer lingered, the sun setting to the west, his apartment was basked in an orange glowing light. He was sitting at the window, half hanging out, smoking a cigarette with a glass of vodka beside him. He was just sitting in the silence. Charlie hadn’t been gone long, but the silence of his empty apartment was deafening, his argument with his mother lingering on his mind. His life for the last 11 years had been solely focused around Charlie, everything he did, the schedule he kept had been for Charlie, and really he didn’t know what to do. He spotted the owl as it reached the apartment, the familiar thing they’d bought. He summoned some treats for the bird as he brought it inside. He took the letter and began reading.

Charlie,

Congratulations on Hufflepuff! I’m very pleased for you, even if you look like a bumblebee.

I miss you too bud but it’ll get easier. We’ve had a luxury to always be around each other, I’ve got to admit the apartment is rather quiet without you. I always knew this would come but I don’t think I prepared enough for it. I think understand how those parents who have another child when one goes off to school feel….just something to fill the space. But, it’ll get easier. I’ve enclosed some tea, as well as the instructions on how I made it.

How is school? How does it look? Have you met any fellow students yet? Had many opportunities to get up to trouble?

Don’t worry about me, I’m eating, I’ll always remember to eat.

Miss you.

Dad

Charlie was immensely pleased when he caught sight of Kohaku returning with his dads letter. Charlie dropped everything, sitting immediately and pulling out his notebook. He scribbled out a reply quickly, sending Kohaku back after giving him a treat.

Dad,
I still miss you. How long do we have to do this? School is really dragging by. There are so many kids here. I feel kind of lost, just another face in the crowd. You know, maybe thats what you can do while I'm gone. Go out on some dates! It could be fun to have a mom, you know, and a little sibling. Or two. Or three. It can't just be us for always, you know? You deserve to be happy, dad. Just tell me all about whoever you find. Wait, would it be another dad?? Well, then, you can always adopt. I don't think I've ever asked about your love life. Or ever thought to... I don't know, I've been thinking a little bit more about those sorts of things lately. Other than my mother, have you ever really dated anyone?? Did you date my mother or was it just a fling?
School is huge, it's like this giant castle with a loooot of stairs, I spend more time walking up and down stairs than anything. There are no elevators, or anything electric here. It's weird. I've met a few people. There's Dmitri, he journals like I do, or Parker, he's new to this like I am so we kind of complain a lot together. I have some roommates that are pretty cool. There's Jaewon, he knits and crochets and that's pretty cool. Or Eugene, he plays guitar I think, he sits with me in class sometimes and I help him with his tie in the mornings- somehow his is always crooked. I'm not sure I'm really close to anyone yet. I did sign up for the school newspaper though, at the Club Fair, but there hasn't been any meetings yet. My schoolwork, it's... kind of really hard, but I'm really trying. I've been looking to see if there are any options for tutoring. Do you know of any? I should probably get going. Love you.
~Charlie

Celestyn spotted the owl as it reached the apartment. It was early in the day and he was just about to head out the door for work. But he was stopped and took the time to read what his son had put. He was a little confused about Charlie seemingly really wanting him to date. He wasn’t sure what had prompted this and he was already thinking. Celestyn wasn’t sure he wanted to get into his love life with his son just yet. But he wrote his response to the letter before he headed out the door.

Charlie,

We have to do this for at least the year. School will get quicker and easier and before you know it I’ll be seeing you again. It’s difficult to make an impact on the first day or even in the first year, you’ll become less of a face in the crowd.

I have plenty to keep me occupied, I am happy with us and with how our life was. I don’t particularly date and I’ve never really particularly dated. My interests are in women though. I won’t go into your mother and I but we weren’t together.

They all sound like really neat people. How many roommates do you have? Can sleep okay with so many people around you? And don’t worry bud you’ll get close to people soon. Things like that just take a bit of time! And don’t worry about school work, I think if you’re struggling ask one of the older kids to help out, or go to your head of house, maybe they could arrange something.

The school newspaper! That’s so cool! What are you going to write about?

I’ll see you soon. Love you lots
Celestyn

Charlie was always eager for replies from his dad, and he was always really pleased when Kohaku came back with letters. He was on his way to lunch when he heard the little owl. He smiled widely, stopping everything to curl up in a nearby window. He read over the letter eagerly before settling in to write a reply.

Dad, It's hard to think we're going to this for seven years. Classes aren't going any better, at least it doesn't feel like it. I tend to sit with Eugene sometimes, but mostly I'm just by myself. How old am I going to be before you can tell me about Mom? If you don't know who my mom is thats okay, I'm just curious. Some of the kids I've talked to about missing home always talk about their parents and siblings.
There are ten other Hufflepuff boys in my year. I've talked more to Oliver, Rene, Manaia, Nolan, and Jaewon, I haven't really spoken to the others. Oh, and I spend a lot of time with Eugene, he tells me about his music. He likes to play guitar. It's hard to sleep sometimes. Not because of Eugene's guitar, he doesn't really play in the dorm. There are just too many guys. I'm used to noise, but it's odd, I would take some sirens over the sounds of the castle. Oddly enough I sleep better when it's storming. I'm actually writing about the school Quidditch games. It's been interesting, the Seeker for the Slytherin team really knows what he's doing. He pulled a great Wrongski feint. Slytherin did really well, they played a great game. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff weren't as exciting, the chasers mostly missed, though one of the beaters did really well. I'm hoping to be able to cover the games again next semester. Halloween was alright, I went through the funhouse with Eugene and Rene, that was fun. I also took the pumpkin I grew in Herbology and I'm sending it to you. We were supposed to decorate the Great Hall, give them to the house elves, but I would rather send it to you instead. I should probably go now, I need to turn in my article to the editor. Hurry and write back to me, okay? Love, Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back