Always on my mind

Stephen Duquette

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Undecided
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Stephen left the Hufflepuff House, finding it having gotten too crowded and noisy. He knew he needed to buckle down in his work this year so he would be ready for his NEWTs next year but Stephen was never the academic, plus he knew he wanted to go into Pro Quidditch so hopefully he wouldn't need his grades to fall back on. Leaving the castle he started to aimlessly wander the grounds, his hands stuffed in his pockets and his head to the ground as he scuffed a few stones on his way to wherever it was he was going. Hearing the gentle lapping of water he looked up to see he was close to the lake. He liked sitting at the lake, it was calming at times but today he wouldn't be going near it as he saw a loved up couple sitting there.

A feeling of butterflies appeared in his stomach as he saw the two kissing, his mind filled with thoughts of Becky, knowing that's what he had been longing to do to her but he also knew he had no chance of Becky ever returning his feelings for him, not since he had rejected them back at Beauxbatons. But for now they were friends and Stephen wasn't going to harm that for the World. Sitting on a slope near the lone Rosebush, Stephen lay back and looked up at the clouds, allowing his head to be filled with thoughts of Becky.

Becky couldn't believe how much homework she was getting these days. It was impossible to do all her homework and still have any free time. Maybe she should go back to Beauxbatons and pretend she didn't speak French again. Becky would have gone to Beauxbatons by now if she had friends there. Erica, Lauren and Stephen were her only friends at Beauxbatons, and now Stephen was at Hogwarts.

Erica still sent letter every day, and Becky couldn't understand how one fourteen year old could have so much to say. Becky had gotten three letters from Erica that morning, and was sitting on the lawn, trying to decipher Erica's writing. Becky smiled at the letter she had just opened. The first sentence was 'TELL HIM YOU LOVE HIM!'. Erica had recently taken to writing that at the start of all her letters to Becky.

After reading Erica's letters, Becky got up and wonder what to do. Homework was an option, but Becky would have rather jumped off a tower than done her homework right at this second. She wandered through the roses for a minute, then spotted Stephen. Talk to him, he is your best friend. the little Rebecca-mind in her head told her. Becky walked up to Stephen, feeling the butterflies fluttering around in her stomach. "Hi, Stephen." she said, sitting down beside her friend.

As the clouds slowly drifted by Stephen felt himself fall into a light sleep, the thought of Becky turning into a heavenly dream. It was the Yule Ball and they were dancing, laughing, kissing!? Just as the dream was getting good he woke up with a fight and saw someone was standing over her. "Becky!" He exclaimed, his voice a little higher than usual. Urgh, smooth he scolded himself. No matter how he tried he could never fully act cool around Becky. As the groggyness from his sleep disappeared he got a better few of Becky, Merlin she was beautiful! Smiling up at her he patted the grass beside him as he sat up. "Sit! So how are you?" he asked, hoping she would be able to stay and talk.

"Uh, I'm good." Becky said. Had it always been so hard to talk to Stephen? "Erica writes every day, several times a day. Lots of stuff have been happening in France." Becky was glad she wasn't in France right now. "Mum got married again, and I had to go to the wedding. I didn't know I had so many relatives!" Becky giggled. Weddings were fun, but not her own parent's wedding. "My stupid mother kept calling me 'Maddy' the whole time, so now my step-sisters call me Maddy." Becky laughed. "I don't even know why they call me that!"

Becky realized she was rambling. Somehow she always talked and talked when she was with Stephen. "But, anyway. How are you?" she asked politely.

Stephen couldn't stop smiling as Becky sat beside him. He was completely taken in by her words, sure they didn't mean much but just hearing her voice was enough to send shivers down his spine. As she talked Stephen gave her the full attention that she deserved, while trying to remember the tips that Antoinette had given him before he transferred to Hogwarts. He never really did have the thank her for that, he really should sometime.

When Becky asked how Stephen was he shuck his head to gather his thoughts, he had been so consumed in her he wasn't sure of his thoughts. Um! Me? I'm just fine." he said with a smile. "The holidays were boring, nothing compared to yours by the sounds of it!" he said with a small laugh. "So Maddy!" he said with a small smirk. "Any news on the TwiWizard Tournament? I may be a New Zealander now but I'm still interested in the goings ons around ol' Beauxbatons." he said with a goofy smile.

"Don't call me that!" Becky squealed, laughing. She could feel her heart beating furiously in her chest. It was a wonder Stephen couldn't hear it. "Nope, Erica hasn't written a thing about the tournament. Lauren will probably write about it eventually, who knows. Becky's step-sister was so disorganised, it was a wonder she actually remembered to get up in the mornings.

Becky wasn't exactly interested in the Triwizard Tournament, mostly because she hadn't a clue as to what was going on in it. "Um..." Becky picked up a rose off the ground and put it in her hair. "Do you know my brother, Owen?" Becky asked. "He would have been in your year if he went to Beauxbatons." she said absent mindedly, picking up another rose and pulling the petals off it.

Stephen couldn't help but laugh at Becky's reaction to him calling her 'Maddy.' He loved winding her up almost as he actually loved her. No matter how much he adored spending time with Becky he couldn't stand being this close to her with his feelings being bottled-up inside of him, just wanting to burst out. He nodded with a short laugh as she talked about her sister's not writing about the Tournament, he didn't actually care about it too much, they were getting enough information about it from the Headmaster.

Watching as Becky picked up a rose and put it into her lovely blond curls he smiled fondly at how the flower barely compared to her beauty. At her question Stephen thought for a moment, trying to remember if he had known Owen. After a few moments it came back to him as to who he was, "Yes! Owen! I remember him. What do you ask?" he enquired lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back