Alone and unafraid

Natalie Winters

Wand
12" Dogwood Veela Hair
The sun was slowly setting, a young girl was kicking a soccer ball against a building. Natalie Winters had wandered away from the muggle shop where her mother worked. It had not been as busy as of late, and she grew bored just sitting there. She seemed a little lost in her thoughts focusing only on the ball and nothing else. The sharp sounds of shoes on the road did nothing to stir her out of them.

Zdravko and his brothers had been visiting New Zealand again to check how Dominicus was.
The sun was setting and Yakov and the twins had gone to look round the shops.
Zdravko was off in his own world as usual and wandered off to on of the shops. He spotted another shop down a little road and peered through the window..
It wasn't long before Zdravko was wandering around Bleak Street, wondering where the light had gone.
That was when his ears picked up on an unusual noise; There was a smack and a thump.. If Zdravko knew unusual noises like he thought he did, this was the sound of a ball hitting a building.
He paced quickly towards the sound, his shoes smacking sharply against the path.

Zdravko rounded a corner and found who was making the sound; A girl of about his age was kicking a ball against a building.
He smiled broadly and moved closer to her. "Why hullo there!" Zdravko said loudly and cheerfully.

The loud male voice brought Natalie out of her trance. The ball she had just kicked hit the wall, and rolled past her feet as she turned to see who had just greeted her. She was a little wary at first, since it was getting darker and darker by the moment. She felt secure knowing that her wand was in her pocket and she could grab it at any time.
"Hi!" She greeted with a small smile. Natalie was unsure what to do, so she walked near him and stood where they were about four or five feet away. "I'm Natalie."

Zdravko bowed to Natalie, "Greetings," he said, grinning, "I am Zdravko." His Bulgarian accent was light compared to his brothers.
He gave the ball a kick at the wall before saying "Is there a reason why you're in the middle of nowhere?"

"Nice name." Natalie remarked, never before hearing one like that. She watched him kick the soccer ball, and picked it up as it hit her left leg. "Well, yes. Isn't there always a reason for everything?" She tilted her head slightly and smiled. "I suppose you want to know the reason. It's because I got bored. Is this the same for you? Or is there a much better reason?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back