All Over the Map (1)

Warren Hewitt

OOC First Name
Daniel
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4 Essence of Phoenix Ash
Warren was fumbling about the stairs near the seventh floor corridor. He had heard some rumours from a set of old house elves. And Warren came to investigate.

Of course, subtlety is not his strong suit. Warren was about on all fours, being completely annoying to everyone trying to meet the nervous hustle and busily from the top floor to the rest of the castle.

But Warren wasn't going to stop. His transfiguration class had been cancelled and he needed a new way to occupy his day. Not to mention, possibly discovering a secret passage or room or something was simply to exciting to pass up. Even if he was being shouted at by the other students.

"I'm totally going to find it." He said to himself while nervously knocking on each brick which made the staircase. "I just gotta figure out... how to find it..."

Kate was wandering around the castle.There wasn't much to do today.She couldn;t find Tara,Stefan or Jake and she wasn't talking to her less close friends because she knows one of them wrote the magazine or gave information to the person who did.It wasn't nice to discover that someone who you trusted went behind your back and basically told the whole school.What was annoying her was that they were calling her a drama queen and that she was making everything up.That was what was really p1ssing her off but she had learned to keep her head down and act as if nothing had happened.She regretted her initial reaction in the hall because it had just made her look guilty but when you find something like that in a magazine,it's not a nice surprise.Luckily some people either didn't believe it or just didn't care.Those were the type of people she liked to meet because they didn't call her Branch or Twiggy.

After a while she had made he way to the seventh floor and there were people bustling about.Kate didn't have any classes so she was really just wandering around.She had finished her homework and she wasn't in the mood to do anything.Her head was hurting and her stomach wasn't feeling that good.She noticed some disturbance further up the corridor and she craned her neck to see what was wrong.It was when she looked at the floor a bit further on that she saw a boy crawling on all fours feeling the staircase.Kate really was at a loss as to what he was doing.People who tripped over him and had to get out of his way weren't looking that happy.Kate walked over and knelt beside him "What are you doing?"She asked curiously.Now that she was face to face with him she recognized him from the quidditch try outs and match

Warren finally stopped knocking on the various stones and looked up when he heard the familiar voice. It was the Hufflepuff Chaster Kate Moon. The two weren't very close. But you tend to learn the names of your team mates. At least for the sake of passing.

"Oh, hi there Kate!" Warren said with a wide grin. "Well... you'll probably just think its silly. But I heard some house elfs talking about a secret passage or room on the seventh floor. I figured... it'd be fun to find it."

He turned his attention to the rest of the staircase before turning back to Kate. "I've been searching pretty thoroughly. But I think I'm done the staircase now I'll be combing through the seventh floor corridor to see solve this mystery."

He got up off the ground and started to walk towards the entrance to the hallway. Just before he noticed Kate move he shouted back to her, "If your not busy you should join me. But be warned... I'm taking this very seriously..."

Kate smiled,she didn't really know Warren but from how he was acting now and what he was planning on doing made Kate like him at once.He was adventurous and fun to be around.Just Kate's sort of cup of tea.She was intrigued by the idea of a secret passageway.She wasn't sure whether there was one as the idea seemed pretty far fetched but so had the idea of magic a few years ago.She watched him searching and she let him talk away listening with interest.he got up and started to way to the entrance of the hallway,it was then she made her decision to follow him. "I'd love to"She said walking beside him.She laughed and unusual thing for Kate these days "Don't worry I'm beginning to take this seriously too"She said in all honestly.She was excited to actually have something to do for the day.

"Perfect." Warren opened the gates to the corridor, and waved Kate in, "After you, lady's first afterall."

When he walked into the hallway he couldn't help but let out a small moan. "This is going to be tougher than I thought." He looked into the big open hallway. He could see rows of collumns making this floor incredibly open and breezy. However, the collumns almost made small rooms. They provided a grid which would at times open into unique taverns. Warren did a quick jog making reference of where everything was.

"Alright." He started. "I can see a couple of notable areas. We got a room with a HUGE picture." Warren extended his arms as wide as he could to emphasize the huge. "And then a hallways with like 10 suits of armour chilling. And then a third hallway which is just... unussally dark. But after that we just have big open spaces like this. You have any idea where you want to start looking?"
images

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/347/e/1/flight_of_the_fat_lady_by_darkangel1819-d4j04to.jpg

Gah and I harry potter wiki'd it to find a knights hallway and a hallway of hexes.

"Thank you"She said smiling walking through the gates.When she saw the size of the hallway,she moaned inside.This was possibly going to take a long time but hey as long as she was enjoying it,who cares.She looked at the design of the hallway and started thinking "So what is it exactly that we are looking for"She asked,taking note of the outline of a grid she was starting to see.She listened as he explained the layout of the halls and what was in each.Kate wasn't sure what she was looking for so she didn't exactly know where to start "I guess we should start around here and make out way up?"She suggested maybe when he told her what the were looking for exactly she might have a better idea where to look.

"Oh" Warren chuckled. "Ya I guess I could describe what I'm looking for." He couldn't help but keep snickering. "But I really don't know... Its a Hogwarts secret passage... Emphasis on the secret. So the sad thing is... I honestly have no idea. I've been just taping on stones. Trying to hear a hollow sound. But it is magic so.. you never really know whats the key to the passage or room."

Warren started to think. Gently rubbing his chin as if he was in great thought. "Theoretically I should be saying random words while doing all this... maybe its a vocal passage... but I think that'll be taking this hunt to a very strange level of ridiculousness..."

Warren smiled and then asked his companion, "does that make sense... I guess the best thign you can do is just tap on any surface you can see. And if anything can be moved move it. Cause it might magically open something else. Anyways I like your idea of starting around here and just moving up. Soo..."

Warren cooly walked over to a nearby collum and started to gently tap various areas of the nearest column. "Nope doesn't seem like their is a secret panel here to activate a cool door thing..."

-------

OOC: I'm thinking we see how fun we can make awkwardly searching for passages... After like two attempts each, if we get bored we can just suddenly find the passage. Sound good?

Kate looked at him and couldn't help laughing when he was chuckling.She shook her head,this was definitely going to take longer then she had originally anticipated but hopefully all their searching would pay off and they would find the secret tunnel.She was really starting to like Warren,she found him funny and just that little bit silly.

She looked around at the wall,honestly she had no idea what they should be looking for either,but tapping the walls seemed to be a good start.It wouldn't help her reputation but what the heck,not much could at this point.She was being accused of being a liar and a drama queen,this wouldn't do much.She might just be that small bit annoying to people who might be in her way.

Kate nodded,sounded like some sort of a plan. "Okay so"She said walking to the opposite side of the wall.She looked at it for a few seconds,not believing she was actually going to do this.She shook her head and tapped the wall.She didn't hear any resounding sound,just thick stone.She bent low and then stood high and she got the same result "Nothing here either"She said making her way to the next wall.

OOCOut of Character:
yup,that sounds grand

OOC: Gah sorry. I like to keep it to one post a day at least. It’ll get hectic next week too, but I’ll do my best to keep up.

IC:

Warren shuffled to the next column. He never lost energy, despite the continued failed attempts. Many people might become disheartened by failure. However, it simply spurred him on more. Warren knew there was something. He just had to find it.

It had been his fifth column and he simply had no idea what to think of the columns. He started to wonder if he should move on to another area. “So…” Warren called to Kate. “If you had to… Forever lose when playing a game of chance similar to rock, paper, scissors, lizards, spoke, OR… Lick peanut butter off a house elf’s big toe what would you do?”

Warren snickered at the thought. He knew it would be a tough choice, however, he hoped that it would make time pass by a bit faster.

Kate continued down the hall but she wasn't finding anything.She wasn't losing any of her energy though,she was determined to find this secret passageway.It didn't actually cross her mind that there might not be one.This was keeping her mind off the recent events that had happened.Se had an inkling that there was actually a passageway.

Kate looked over when she was asked a question.She laughed and thought about it.What a random question to ask someone but she didn't mind. "That's a tough one bu I'd have to say forever loose the chance games"She said tapping the wall beside he.

"What exactly brought that thought to your mind?"She asked laughing,moving onto the next wall.

Warren flustered when Kate asked him about the question. "Oh I don't know..." He started. If the two had been talking face to face, he probably wouldn't have been able to keep eye contact at that moment. Luckily for himself, each of the Puffs were busy away tapping along the final collumn. "Its just a game I tend to play when their is nothing else to talk about or do. You just choose between to horrible options. I guess it could be two good options. But two horrible options always seems more entertaining."

It was a tad dissapointing not finding it yet. However, Warren didn't want it to be too easy afterall. He turned to Kate and said, "I guess its time to try a wall. I've got a good feeling near the suits of armor. Well at the least, I think the armor is pretty cool. So if we are gonna go anywhere I guess we might as well look around that area. Oh... its your turn to ask me a question too!"

With a hop and skip Warren bounded off to the new location pegged out his little area of wall and started tapping away...

OOC: Want to find a jiggle rock in your next post. Figure with the year ending we should try and wrap this up in 3-4 more posts each? This'll be good part too.

Kate turned her head and saw that Warren looked flustered..She turned back so he didn't see her smile."Don't worry I do it too"She said,her friends sometimes looked at her strangely when she would ask questions like that.She would also as "What would you do if".It was quite fun to play and you could literally ask anything.

Kate continued tapping,she was soon almost half ways down the corridor.She had a feeling she would find nothing here. "Sure"she said agreeing with Warren.She went back up near to the beginning and started looking around the suits of armor."Am,would you rather have earwax squirted into you mouth or am have toothpaste squirted into you ears?"She asked grinning,she thought that was a pretty tough one.

Kate was grinning away to herself when she felt the rock jiggle.Her grin was gone,replaced with excitment.She tapped the rock again just to make sure.It was situated just beside a suit of armor "Hey,Warren think I found something"She said

Warren snickered in response to Kate’s question. “Interesting conundrum Kate. However, I think it is a fairly easy choice. Ear wax is gross and dirty, by toothpaste is only gross. So I’d much rather have the toothpaste in my ear. At least toothpaste is kind of clean.”

Warren flashed Kate a smile before resuming his search. He was just about to offer a new choice to his fellow Hufflepuff, when she called him over.

“What?” Warren said. He jumped from his seat and ran over to Kate. “You found something!” He started to hurriedly jump around behind her. “What is it? Is something happening? What’s wrong, is it a big door, is it small, is it a switch…”

Warren probably shouldn’t have started with a rapid barrage of questions. However, the mixture of excitement and curiosity was overwriting any thoughts of protocol in Warren’s mind. He continued with suggestions and questions, simply waiting for Kate to either move out of the way and let Warren examine it himself, or until she started with replies.

“Maybe we need a magic word? Open Seasame Street. Knock knock, whose there magic door. Abra Kadabra Alakazam. Screw it just use Alohamora… or a finite then alohamora… or a locomotor to move the bricks out of the way...”

Kate laughed,she probably would of picked the same.She would not want to taste ear wax or anything like that.Where as toothpaste she wouldn't mind, at least her ears would smell fresh not like anyone would be smelling them though. "That's true"she said smiling

Kate was not expecting the bombardent of questions "Hey hey slow down"She said trying to calm the boy.She could see that he was very excited.She moved of the way so he could see it "Maybe if we push the stone in or something?"She suggested,that is what they did in the films,something usually happened when you pushed it in.She didn't think a word would do it or maybe because it was magical it would "Why don't you try and push it?"She asked

"If you say so..." Warren said. He felt a lttle bad, he really thought Kate found the secret and should finalize the uncovering. However, he pushed that thought to the back of his mind inplace of his excitement for the passage.

"Sure we will just... push it in."

He slowly moved his hand out to touch the rock. He did it slowly honestly to increase tension. A moment like this was to be lavished in, and to be enjoyed in that sick and twisted way it is enjoyed.

Slowly but surely Warren’s palm laid flat against the stone. He pushed in gently…
Warren is still pushing

Oh look it moved slightly

Did it just click?

No that was just my imagination

The bricks began to spin about and move out of Warren’s way. It was reminiscent of the way Diagon Alley opens. At first the brick Warren pushed moved back several inches. Then the bricks to either side began to pop out, and the bricks behind them followed. In perfect coordination a small hole, big enough for Warren to crawl into was visible.

Wait is this all just a dream?

No its reality

The hole which appeared was dark. Warren couldn’t spot anything. He moved his wand towards the hole and said, “lumos” However, the light enchantment did little. There wasn’t much to look out just a steady slope and the track seemed to curve. There wasn’t much room either. Warren would have to lie on his back, for if he was to ride sitting up he would probably slam his head on some of the exposed rafters.

”So would you like to go first…” Warren said. He tried to be sly about it. He was kind of as scared as can be to go down there. He really didn’t want to go first, but was more than willing to if Kate showed any hesitation. “Or if your scared I’m happy to head down.”

Kate nodded and bit her lip.She had a feeling that there was something different about this one.She wanted Warren to push it though.She had to say she was a bit surprised but happy she had found it but it had after all been Warren's idea to look here in the first place.

Kate took in a breath and watched as he slowly moved his hand towards the rock.She felt like screaming at him to hurry on,she knew he was enjoying the moment and if the roles had been reversed she probably would have too.But the waiting was horrible and hse just wanted it to be over and done with

Kate's eyes widened when she saw the bricks begin to move away.She must have looked like a gaping fish.She couldn't believe it was actually real,sure she had a feeling that she had found it but to see it happening before her eyes was amazing.Kate peered into the black space and even with Warren's wand she couldn't see anything. She took out hers too "Lumos"She said,her wand made it a little better but it was still pretty dark and small.It seemed to slope down and Kate had a feeling she would have to lie on her back unless she wanted to hit her head.Kate raised her eyebrows,seeing through his slyness.In truth she didn't want to go first but then another part of her did. "Don't worry it's okay Ill go first"She said manuvering herself so she was at the mouth of the tunnel. "Can't believe I'm doing this"She said to herself.She now had one half of her body in and from the waist up out. "Here goes nothing"She said before pushing herself down the slope

Warren watched as Kate hoped down the slide. He gawked to himself, “oh wow she didn’t hesitate at all!” Warren was slightly embarrassed to be showed up. However, the call of Kate’s playful yelps as she zipped down the slide simply made Warren more excited than anything else.

“I guess it is my turn…” He thought to himself. Warren was about to jump in when the breaks which revealed the passage began to move back in place. Warren didn’t think anything of it at the time. “I guess it would make sense the rocks will move back a few moments after someone goes down, otherwise it would’ve been obvious after all.” Warren reasoned out loud for no particular reason.

When the brick wall seemed good as new, Warren pushed on the same rock he did before. He was expecting the whole process to repeat. However, it didn’t. The rock no longer had the slight jiggle. He knew he was pushing on it properly. After all, Warren did unlock the door the first time.

Something was up, and Warren did not appreciate the shenanigans of the secret tunnel. “Evading me…” He said angrily to the wall. “What the heck that isn’t fair.” Warren began frantically pushing at various bricks in the vicinity. “Come on open up!”

Warren got so peeved by the brick wall he stood back and held out his wand. He had an idea of a charm which might be able to speed up the process of finding the brick. “Locomotor Enchanted Brick into the Wall.” Warren held out his wand. He wasn’t sure if the locomotor charm could work properly on enchanted objects, or on objects it wasn’t directly pointed out. However, deep down inside Warren honestly thought all he had to do was believe to make the spell work.

At first nothing seemed to happen. Warren saw the sparks come out of his wand and disperse into a thin film covering the wall. “All I have to do is believe…” He cooed to himself. He starred down the wall and concentrated all his thoughts into making the charm work.

The attitude seems to work for Warren the sparkles conglomerated onto one stone and pushed it into the wall. The similar hole appeared and Warren reasoned that the enchanted brick is moved to a slightly different location in the same meter radius it was at before each time. “I’ll cast a marking charm next time…” He thought to himself as he dived into the whole head first wand in his hand. “This is going to be crazy!”

Kate tried not to scream to loud as she made her way down the tunnel.It was pitch black and all she could see was the light from her wand and that was it.The way down was quite steep and quite long.She didn't hear Warren behind her but she was too worried about the ride down to notice.

After what seemed like forever she finally hit the ground with a bump. "Oh"she said blinking.She stood up and looked around.There wasn't much there,just a black space.Kate was puzzled,there wasn't an other entrance then the one she just came through.She looked around again and noticed that there was no more entrance. "What the..."She was interrupted,whens he heard another bump.

"Warren,is that you?"She asked,she was covered in dust and there was a whole pile of cobwebs around the place.Her hair was all over the place her clothes were sprinkled with black.She coughed and walked around the small enclosed room. "What is this?"She asked out loud

The ride down the crazy slide was simply fantastic. Warren was rather fortunate he was in his cloak. It prevented any friction burns. Warren tried to scream, however, it really wasn’t in him to scream while running down a slide. He didn’t scream on roller coasters either. For some reason it just wasn’t his instinct.

That being said he was making sound… It was kind of like an awkward giggle. The would end and start up at random times. While he wasn’t making sound Warren was taking in huge breaths, his body was craving the air as the thrill seemed to make it hard to breath.

All in all the description may sound horrible, however it was one of the funniest experiences of his life. The rush of adrenaline through his body somehow heightened and blunted his sense all at once. Being in pitch darkness (he never re-illuminated his wand) also made the experience more thrilling. The streams of dust in the air ran across his body like water in waterslide.

The only poorly thought out part of the ride was the end… It was… hard to say the least. All of a sudden Warren noticed the lack of an slope under his body. And was fortunate that he swerved before hitting the wall. The side of his body slammed into the brick wall and all Warren could say was a pained… “Ow.”

Warren would have been very happy simply chilling around there wallowing in his pain. However, he got over it because Kate kept talking to him.

“Ya… Its me…” He groaned. “And I have no idea where we are…” Warren’s eyes adjusted to the light from Kate’s wand. Seeing all the dust he called “Scourgify,” twice. Once to clean himself up, the second for Kate.

“Shall we look around?”

Kate coughed as the dust from Warren's fall filled the small room.Kate was certainly glad that she had no issues with small spaces because this room was tiny.It was cold too and the walls were made from stone.Her wand didn't give off much light.

Kate smiled,he obviously hadn't had a soft fall."Thanks"She said when the dust disappeared from her clothes and face. Kate looked around "Well there is not much to look at"She said raising her wand to see where they were.There didn't see to be any doors.She walked over quickly to where Warren had just come down.she expected to see a door but there was nothing there "Hey,the door is gone"She said

Warren pivoted a full one hundred eighty degrees. He turned to see what Kate was talking about. “Oh crap.”

Warren ran up to where the hole he had slid through into the strange room, use to be. Emphasis on used to be. There were about three moments of panic in his mind. However, Warren quickly got control of himself. He thought he managed to this all before Kate would have noticed. It was dark, and he didn’t really move around in panic. It was just a rapid thorough stream of thinking.

“Well… its not that big a deal…” Warren sighed. “The hole we make at the top disappears a few seconds after you slide down. So climbing up that way isn’t the option…”

Warren looked around and started to pace around. The room was entirely sealed off. “So we clearly don’t have a way out that we are supposed to go through. We could try signalling someone on the other sides of the wall. We can probably Accio a textbooks a couple of times and hopefully make a commotion… Or just blast through it I guess…”

Warren’s breathing steadied. He couldn’t help to feel more calm now that the pair have at least one concrete strategy to try and leave the room. Warren didn’t want to think about it. But he could tell the space had horrible ventilation, and he didn’t want to just wait around for the oxygen to run out.

His eyes started to glint with confidence. "What would you prefer to try and do Kate?" He asked while turning to face her.

Kate felt the first fluttering of panic start in her chest.She didn't like closed spaces that much.She made sure to breath normally.She would not have a panic attack down here.That would be unfair on Warren and she had nothing for the after affects.She ran her hand around the wall and sighed.There was definitely no way out by door.They would have to use magic to get out.

Kate turned to face Warren "It did,what did you do?"She asked,she was glad to her a that her voice was normal and not as shaky as she felt.She was worried that she would have a panic attack and she was worried she would be stuck in here for ages. "Hmm maybe"She said looking around the room.She coughed,the air wasn't very clean.They couldn't be here much longer or else they would probably sufficate.That was definitely something Kate didn't want to experience."We could try blow the walls up?"She suggested

"Cool... Blowing it. Up. We will have to figure out what wall... But I feel pretty good about it just being the one opposite of where we came out." He flashed a sile and turned to Kate one more time.

You know any good blasting charms? I hate to admit it. but I'm not the best when it comes to blasting charms.

Kate nodded,the wall opposite them would probably be the best.She hoped they didn't get in trouble for blowing up a wall.She wondered would the spell even work.She just hoped they didn't cause too much damage or that they didn't hurt someone.But Kate wasn't planning on dying in this little room.She would much rather get in trouble. "We could try reducto"She said, "It removes objects from the users path ,I suppose this could work"She said,biting her lip. "We could both do it at the same time"She suggested.Warren would have learned it that year,even if he wasn't too good,they might be able to create a hole in the wall or something.She coughed again and noticed that it was getting hard to breath. "On three"She suggested

Warren nodded and waited anxiously for Kate to finish her count. He hated waiting for counts. Being coordinated was not one of Warren's strong suits. He had almost no rythem to his name. However, he did manage to snap his wand and shout "REDUCTO!"

He could have sworn it was on the exact minute. A perfect combination of the two young wizards spells. A cloud of dust hovered in the distance and Warren's gut turned in anticipation excited for the results to slowly reveal themeselves.

A beam of light parted the dust cloud, and started to illuminate the strange room. Slowly the cloud dissapated from sight. And Warren and Kate were free. "WE DID IT!" He shouted. "WERE SAVED!"

Warren ran out of the room and looked around the hallway. The pair slid all the way to the basement corridor. "Do it again?" Warren said with a joking tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back