Closed All in This Together?

When Lucas explained what his home life was like and what had happened to him, Hyun really didn't know what to say in response. At that moment he just felt a bit awkward about the whole thing, swallowing uncomfortably. What was he even supposed to say about any of that? He really hadn't expected that sort of story, or that Lucas would be willing to tell him that much. "I.... s**t." He broke off again, sighing in frustration as the right words would come to him, rubbing the back of his neck as he thought about it for a moment longer. "I mean... I'm sorry you went through that. It sounds hard." A lot harder than the usual sort of stuff he went through at home. And he thought he had it hard with his parents constantly breathing down the back of his neck and getting on his case about everything.

Lucas shrugged, blushing and rubbing the back of his head. "Thanks... I wasn't trying to be awkward, I swear," he laughed lightly. "I just... I think we're friends, and other than Einar I've never actually told anyone. To be fair, I never really told him either. He just caught Dawson one day." He shrugged, peeking to the other boy. "Dawson graduated last year, so... I was hoping that I could maybe... I don't know, figure myself out this year."

It did touch Hyun when Lucas that besides him and Einar, no one else knew about the bullying and what Lucas had been through at home. "Well... thanks for trusting me enough to tell me this, I guess." And he did mean it, even if he wasn't the best at actually getting that across without sounding weird about it. "But yeah, you know I'm always here for you if you need to talk about something or need help or whatever. Figuring yourself out is hardly very easy," and not something he was quite sure he had even accomplished himself.

Lucas paused when Hyun said he would always be around if Lucas needed to talk, blushing deeply and rubbing the back of his neck. "T-thanks," he stammered, looking away. He was quiet a moment before peeking back over at the other boy. "Actually, um... how... how do you know if you like someone?" he asked softly.

Out of all the things he never expected Lucas to be asking him, that was most certainly one of them. Hyun blinked, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly for a moment as he tried to work out why on earth Lucas was asking him that in the first place. "God... I don't know. Why are you asking me?" he laughed, trying to play off how awkward he felt about things right then. "It's not like I'm an expert or anything, I've never had a girlfriend."

Lucas blushed, laughing awkwardly. "I'm sorry, I..." he sighed. "I don't know. I don't understand normal social things. I thought you might-" he shook his head, letting out another sigh. "My parents are obsessed with their jobs. My brothers wailed on me. I grew up alone, until I found Einar. I've never..." he sighed. "I've never heard 'I love you' outside of a movie." he explained softly. "I don't... I don't know whats going on in my head. I thought... I don't know, I guess my thought was that you're the kind of guy people like." He shrugged, watching his feet as they walked.

Hyun was quiet as Lucas spoke again. While this line of conversation was something that was making him a little hot under the collar to think about, he wasn't going to be rude about things. Lucas clearly trusted him enough to talk about this kind of thing and Hyun simply wanted to respect that trust the other boy had. "Well," he started, sighing as he shoved his hands into his pockets as he walked, "I don't know about you... but I think you should be telling Einar all of this, hmm?"

Lucas' blush deepened when Hyun mentioned Einar, his heart stuttering in his chest. "I- what?" Lucas squeaked, clearing his throat and laughing nervously. He shook his head, rubbing the back of his neck and stuttering a bit as he tried to reply to Hyun. "I-i-i- what, no, I- he has things to do- uh, why should I- we should really get some food, let's go!" He laughed again, walking forward quickly.

That reaction only confirmed his thought about the matter, a soft smile on his face as he laughed lightly under his breath. "Nothing, absolutely nothing," he responded. Though that was far from the truth, Einar had everything to do with things. Lucas couldn't really make it any more obvious that he had feelings for the boy at this point. This reaction had more or less just confirmed it. But he wasn't going to press the matter further, simply nodding his head as he followed after Lucas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back