All I need

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
It was time to close The Silver Snake for the night, Leah realized as the alarm on her watch went off, alerting her of that fact. She sometimes forgot the time for the habit of immersing herself in a good book had always distracted her. She was grateful the muggle invention of a wrist watch; at least they had done something useful. She stood up and tidied up the store, and exited the door, charming the store like she did every night. No one since she had been hired had ever tried to break in, for the charms and curses were something to be feared.

The jangle of keys were heard as Leah pulled them out and locked the remaining locks. She was now ready to go home for the evening, although sleep would be far off into the morning hours for her. She had had trouble sleeping lately, nightmares about her father and her siblings fates tortured her in her dream world. She had never known Ashton's family, but they had been her siblings as well, and she couldn't shake the grief that came with her father having a secret life. He abandoned his family when they needed him....he had abandoned both of his families, and now he would have to die. Leah knew for a fact that he had to have been behind Ashton's mother and siblings dying, and she wanted vengeance for the wasted life she had led and for Ashton's sake as well.

The obsessive thoughts circulated her mind, and she wondered if they would drive her to the brink of insanity. She had become obsessed with William's ultimate demise. "Enough, already." She said aloud, trying to shake the thoughts. Her time would come, and thinking about it over and over again would only make her impatient enough to do something foolish and be sent off to Azkaban. "Enough." She repeated, this time in a whisper. Leah looked up at the nights sky, the stars twinkled above her making the world seem peaceful. She had to be careful. Bleak Street was a dangerous place to be.

Leah pulled out her wand, and allowed it to hang limply at her side. She was not afraid, what happened would happen. If she were meant to die tonight, then apparating to her apartment would not make her safe. Something else would happen... a fire, a break in, or even a Ministry raid. Not that she deserved to be raided...she harbored no dark items, and she hid nothing. Her only secret happened to be her urge to kill her father, and the small fact that she was a Death Eater. None would know, except for the few that knew and harbored their own dark secrets. She was not afraid.

"Good evening Leah" Lolita said from behind the girl, Lolita had been out talking with a few old friends about the old days when things seemed to be simple. It was a good idea for her to higher two more workers since it allowed for herself some time to enjoy the nights that had always eluded her in youth. "I trust everything went well?" Lolita asked a dark smirk on her face as she examined the younger woman. Something troubled her though Lolita could not guess what it could be. Perhaps she was doing something with the shop that she ought not too, such a thought was ridicules since the Snake Statues would've told Lolita if the girl was up to something. No, something else was bothering Leah and if Lolita was going to have a worker that was without trouble than she would have to find out.

"You know Leah, we women of the dark arts are not without our secretes" Lolita said as she took a step forwards "No, on the contrary we have so many secretes that they tend to threaten our destruction at every turn" Lolita said looking over Leah's shoulder as though at any moment something could appear to strike the two women down. "I cannot pretend to know everything about you or what kind of life you lead once the shop is closed however I can tell you this" Lolita said with a grim smile on her face "I have walked this Earth for many years and have seen alot, I would like to consider myself one of the last true women of the dark arts to walk without fear of anything" Lolita said casually as her wand slipped from her robes into her her hand as though it were made of water.

"I would like to think that perhaps one day the two of us might sit down for a cup of tea and perhaps even let down our hair" Lolita said with a smile, using hair as an illustrative tool that they might talk free with each other. Lolita swiftly rose her wand hand as a burst of green light shot passed Leah by mere inches killing a small rat that had been traveling across the street. A homeless hag saw this and quickly got up from her sleeping position to move somewhere else. "I hate rats, don't you?" Lolita asked staring at Leah with a piercing stair as though attempting to force her secretes out of her.

Leah stopped walking as she heard the voice of her employer behind her. "Good evening." She greeted, turning to face the woman. Her presence was certainly a surprise, and although Leah had done nothing to feel this way, she suddenly felt like a child caught stealing candy. "Everything went as planned. No trouble makers tonight." Sometimes teenagers felt the urge to go to Bleak Street and mess around with the employees of the shops and pubs. The employees of The Silver Snake would not deal with that sort of thing, and the rifraff would be tossed out as soon as they came in.

As Lolita spoke to her, Leah's nervousness faded away and she felt somewhat comforted by what she was saying. She didn't feel so much alone anymore. "Thank you." Leah said suddenly. "I do hope that one day I'll be able to say that I have no fear of anything...but I'm afraid that day is far away." She couldn't pretend to be fearless of what the future lay for her. It was the mystery of it that scared her the most. What would happen? Would her plans go accordingly? Would she be killed?

"I would enjoy that, Ms. Silverback." Leah had always been unsure of what to call her, but nonetheless she would enjoy having some sort of mature figure to speak too. Especially one that seemed to be on the same side as she.
Leah barely flinched as she killed a rat before them. She despised those little rodents, and they were all over these dingy streets. "Of course. Disease ridden creatures."

Lolita took a step forwards as the cold wind blew by, night had a way of chilling everything to the bone whether that was through cold winds or mysterious shadows, nobody could tell. Lolita began slowly walking around Leah a slight smirk on her face. "You know Miss Winters, it is a sad game we play" Lolita said with both a coldness and humor in his voice. "A game that constantly requires us to sacrifice blood, if not someone else's than our own" Lolita said simply enough as she ended up standing behind Leah. Lolita leaned in so that her words which were barely over a whisper could be heard in Leah's ears, the years of travel and hard work had all led up to one simple truth that Lolita had discovered and would now reveal to this girl who worked in her shop. It was something she would tell Eden, one day when she was ready.

"Everyone is sacrificial, you must be willing to see that and break the chains that bind" Lolita said like a shadow on the wind "To free your heart and gain ultimate power you must kill" Lolita whispered a secrete that she had not revealed in more than four decades. One of the reasons for her being disowned by her own family. Lolita Silverback had committed a crime many years ago that was thought unforgivable by the Silverback family, she had killed. "You must kill all of the people you love" Lolita finished as thoughts of her husband and little girl flashed through her mind. She had been branded mental but that was not the truth, Lolita had done what few others could, she had achieved enlightenment in the dark arts. Lolita began to move around Leah so that she was in front of her once more.

"This fear on your face" Lolita said with a look upon her face that suggested something foul smelling was lying beneath her nose. "I wonder what would bring this look of fear upon you, you were such a strong looking woman when I first hired you?" Lolita said with a slight smirk as she placed a few fingers on her cheek as she pondered what would do this to her worker. "I have revealed the secrete, one that will help you on the path you have already decided to walk" Lolita said with a triumphant smirk on her face, "I hope that in the future that same woman I hired returns to your face" Lolita said simply enough.

Lolita Silverback was a dangerous woman, something that grew clearer and clearer with each passing moment. Leah stood straighter, wiping any expression of fear off of her face and decided to become more like the woman in front of her. She had said this to herself previously, that what would happen would happen regardless of what she tried to do to prevent it. "It seems so..." She agreed, listening intently. She could learn a lot from Lolita, and she prepared herself for it all.

But could she kill so easily? Perhaps she could but she had never been given the chance before. Her training had not gone quote that far. She asked herself if she could murder an innocent wizard who had done no harm to anyone. Could I? Leah wondered. Probably. She was not a weak hearted fool that cared for every being on the planet. No, not at all. In fact, most people annoyed her, especially the goodwill to others sort of people.

"You must kill all of the people you love"

That was unexpected. Leah was taken off guard briefly, but she quickly gained her composer. "But why?" She questioned. It made sense, from what she had said... break the chains that bind Yes, with that logic it made perfect sense. No one to think of but yourself, and therefore you would be free to do as you pleased.. to kill anyone without a thought or concern. "Is that what you had to do?" The young woman asked.

Fear on your face. Leah was not afraid anymore. She had to stop that... that nagging fear for herself and the ones she loved. "I have concerns on my mind... things that have been weighing me down as of late." It was true. Her father had been a main concern. "I believe you have helped me rid of that weak part of me... or at least you are helping me." In fact, she felt more confident in herself...less afraid of the future. Lolita's words had made an impact, and it was exactly what she needed to ponder over, instead of the future.

"Perhaps" Lolita said simply enough with a shrug to match as she looked over Leah once more "our path is easy to talk about, it's even easy to start" Lolita said with another smirk. "People start it all the time and end up paving it with their blood" Lolita said sharply, having walked over those weak people that thought they could walk the path of darkness and then go against it. Lolita began pacing around Leah once more as the wind continue to blow, the springtime often brought about these night winds. Soon the wind and rain would come so that flowers may grow everywhere except for the street they stood upon. Lolita looked around at the dirty windows and broken stone, this dark street once possessed by a being of the darkness not too long ago.

"If you wish Leah" Lolita said with once more a whisper in her tone, as she walked around the younger woman with purpose and stride "I could help you further as you walk along the path" Lolita said with a simple smile as she face the young woman "I would hate to have to walk over your blood" Lolita said with a sharp and cold glare. "My nephew not only walked this path he owned it... for quite sometime" Lolita said as she began walking around her once more "Or at least that's what the rumors say, whether or not Luxen Silverback was actually responsible for killing all those people, all those children" Lolita said as she stood in front of Leah once more. "Matters not, because in the end the glory is his and those people remain in their graves" Lolita said with a cold smirk.

"If you do wish it, then I would need something from you" Lolita said as she got even closer to Leah if that was possible "My nephew's darkness has not left this world, in fact it has been reborn stronger than ever before" Lolita said as a dark fire began to fill her eyes. "My blood and his blood and the blood of all the Silverback's flows through his son, the eldest and heir to the Silverback name" Lolita said proudly, "I would train him in darkness as I would train you in the same" Lolita said the fire simmering down once more. "Should you agree to help me in my endeavors to protect him and keep him safe so that he may walk the same path, we do" Lolita said darkly.

"But few have the stomach or the mindset to finish what they started." Leah finished. She would finish what she started, even if finishing meant dying for a cause she believed in. "I've heard of many that could not handle what we are supposed to be doing. I won't be like them. They never believed in this cause from the start, they only thought they did." She wanted to make it clear to Lolita that she was not a coward, and she had the capability to be a Death Eater, and to dabble in the Dark Arts. Not dabble...become immersed in them... She thought to herself.

"I would gladly accept your help... I am so far unknowing about all of it... I would like you to show me the way." Leah smirked. She wanted to learn it all, and become better than the other Death Eaters in training, for most of them would be nothing more than a splash of blood on the ground. So many of them could not handle what would be coming their way, and she somewhat looked forward to stepping over their bodies and outshining any competition. She was competitive, especially when it came to something she desperately believed in.

Leah had suspected that her employer had a connection with Luxen. She had stumbled into his path twice, and almost died. He had spared her, but how much longer would he stay patient with her presence on Bleak Street. Working for his Aunt had some benefits, she guessed. "I've met Luxen... he seems so real." She could not help but say. Yes, his presence was surreal, and the almost unbearable physical pain he had dealt out to the young woman still lingered in her mind. He was someone to respect, and someone to stay far away from.

"I was unaware that Luxen had a son... Who is he?" Leah's curiosity got the better of her. "Regardless of who he is, I will help you. I will help him." This was the task she had been waiting for... something important and something trusted in her hands. She would not fail Lolita, no matter what. "Anyone on the path to darkness needs to be guided."

"Luthor Silverback" Lolita said with great dominance as though the name should be something in itself that needed reverence, "He is but a small child now but already he has shown an even greater darkness than his father" Lolita said with pride in his voice. Very few not even his own mother new of the collection of animal bones that he had hidden, trophies from the small and innocent creatures that he slaughtered with his own hands. Sigourney was training him well in the dark arts and once he was grown and magic fully in his power those who stood against him would have quite a fearsome power to contend with. "Luthor, like his father before him is destined for great things" Lolita said with a smile the thought of her nephew rising to power, one that will never be defeated.

"Darkness itself will bow to him as it did Luxen" Lolita said with a slight laugh, "As for you Leah, it gives me great joy to know that you are willing to begin your own journey down a much darker path" Lolita said as she took a step back, "Luxen spared your life for a reason I'm sure, I know that you will do his name great honor and be very helpful in helping his son on his own path" Lolita said with great happiness that still seemed hollow in the night's wind. "I can only hope that my actions live up to my boasting, I would hate not to live up to my words" Lolita said in a somewhat political matter though she was sure that should Leah follow her guidance, she would grow great in power and become a merciless weapon. "So Leah, please tell me" Lolita said as she began walking around the girl once more this time as a teacher.

"What do you fear most?" Lolita asked with somberness, fear was a powerful thing that once used properly could give one great power. "Who do you love most?" Lolita asked after Leah had answered her question, pondering in her head the words the girl had spoke. Love was nothing more than a weakness that blinds one from the path of true power. Love must be removed from the mind and body if one is to become sharp and covered with the blood of it's enemies. "These are the two things that will mean the difference in standing and falling, the darkest lord believed it and so do I" Lolita said firmly. "Only after we have mastered these things can we begin the path towards eternal life" Lolita whispered darkly remembering how close the darkest lord himself had come and wishing for it to belong in the hands of Luthor and of course herself.

Luthor... If he was but a child, then Luxen must have died only a short while ago. For some reason Leah had always thought that he had been deceased for years... perhaps the aura he gave made him seem like he had. "Then he must be molded to be captivated by darkness." She agreed. A though occurred in her mind for a brief instant. What if she had children? Would she raise them to be future Death Eaters and great users of the dark arts? She had never before considered children thinking it far fetched. She never thought of herself as settling down with a husband and raising children. If that did happen then yes, of course they would be molded into followers of the Dark Arts. Nothing else would do.

"My joy is knowing that someone is there to guide me and teach me. I felt indifferent before... but now I must say I feel more passionate and eager to start." She was right, Luxen must have had some prior knowledge as to what she would be doing. "I don't want Luxen to regret not killing me, so believe me when I say you both will be proud." Leah agreed with Lolita... she too hoped that she herself would live up to what she claimed. She did not want to make a silly blunder and end up dead, or worse... the child be placed in danger.

"What do you fear most?"

The answer was immediate. "I fear the mystery of the future. I don't want my goal to be in vain if I am going to end up dead on some cobbled street... or worse, rotting in Azkaban." She paused. "And failure."

"Who do you love most?"

Leah hesitated. She had love for a few people... her brother Ashton was one. They barely saw each other for Leah was either working or flitting outside to be away from human contact. But she did love him. She was somewhat afraid to voice aloud who she loved the most, for what if Lolita demanded she kill them to be rid of the distraction. "Myself." She answered with a smirk.

"Your fear should give you strength" Lolita explained carefully however the answer to the second question was one she had not expected. "You love yourself?" Lolita said skeptically, it was obvious that the girl was protecting someone else. It was a shame since it would indeed set her training back but Lolita was not worried. The path Leah wished to walk would only have one of two results, she would either overcome them or die, neither one mattered as long as Lolita's interests were completed. "Well as for that we shall have to teach you humility" Lolita said simply enough however her words could easily be seen as false. Lolita didn't need to attack this girl the very night she joined her cause, however it was something that would have to be watched more closely.

"I'm sure that you will live up to everything and not fail yourself" Lolita said with a smirk as the wind began to settle down and soft rumbles could be heard overhead. "Life is only important if it has meaning and we will make sure that you have meaning" Lolita said with a satisfied smirk. "Now I'm going to let you in on a little secrete, I'm searching for something" Lolita admitted. "Luxen was the last known person who had the Legacy of the Silverback's in his possession" Lolita explained simply enough, "This legacy went missing after his death however holds much promise towards Luthor's future, I believe he his it inside the Silver Snake and that the elf Tin knows of it's location" Lolita continued to explained. This was going to be most beneficial of an arrangement, Lolita was sure of it.

"The elf is loyal however does not trust me in the slightest" Lolita said with a bit of sadness as she looked around, Tin was a cunning little elf and Lolita wouldn't put it passed his green skin to be hiding somewhere watching them. "I would ask that you befriend him and perhaps eventually he might reveal it's location to you" Lolita said with a smirk. Lolita knew that the Silver Snake Sigourney was constantly in contact with the elf and had probably ordered him to keep it hidden for Luthor, however Lolita wanted it first so that she might unlocked it's secretes in great detail. "If you were to help me get it in my possession, I would ensure that you would get to reap the rewards along with myself and young Luthor" Lolita said with another smile.

"I will have the strength to overcome them, and one day they will no longer exist." Leah said with honesty in every word. She wanted to be fearless and care not about dying... perhaps if she finished her goal then those worries would no longer be there. She held back a laugh as Lolita repeated back what she told her. She did love herself, but she also loved someone a lot more than that. Someone that did not love her back and never would. She did not know where he was right now, and perhaps that was the best thing that would happen to him. She didn't want to know where he was, just in case the woman in front of her found out and advised his death.

"I do quite enjoy spending time with myself." Leah answered, her smirk still plastered on her face. She needed to be careful, however, and not smart off to someone far wiser and likely much more powerful. "But thank you. I appreciate you believing in my abilities." And she did, it meant far more than it sounded. Her ears perked up however, when Lolita divulged information about some item in the store...or supposedly in the store. It would be difficult for her to befriend a house elf, those dirty little things has always disgusted her, but her remarkable ability to attract friends like flies would come in handy.

"It will be simple. It'll take some time though, because if he does not trust you, whom he has known longer than I, then it will take a while for him to warm up to me." It was funny, because although people always seemed to want to talk to her, she had absolutely no interest in spending time with them. It had ended many attempts at friend making, but in this case it would come in handy. "I think it will be simple... just a few kind words and the attempt to get him to trust me." The last part would be the hardest. Tin was probably fed poison and sworn into secrecy. "You can leave this to me, you'll have your item in record time."

"Good, be careful though" Lolita said encouragingly "it may be an elf but it was the closest to Luxen, I fear if it even suspects you know of the Legacy than it will quickly move the item to another place and perhaps even try to remove you" Lolita said discerningly. Tin the House Elf was a dangerous creature in his own ignorance. "Always remember that, because in the end the Elf serves another" Lolita said casually, she had known for quite sometime that the Elf who was quite cleaver in faking his loyalties towards her was serving Sigourney the snake much more diligently. "Earn the trust and eventually the Elf will bring the item to you" Lolita said with a smile that said everything.

Lolita cast another glance around, it was quiet despite the coming rain. Lolita knew that it would be easy for the little elf to hide somewhere but she was sure that the little worm was nowhere to be found. "Now I'm wondering how many of your allies might wish to stand against Luthor in the future" Lolita said referring to the fact that Leah was most definitely a Death Eater and that she would have friends who were also Death Eaters. "We must ensure that they are swayed not killed" Lolita said with a smirk, "Luthor will need more allies, more teachers than what we can offer ourselves if he is to become a powerful force" Lolita said as her smirk became a smile. "I do not want anyone in the Ministry finding out however I do think that a motion should be moved throughout the country" Lolita said simply.

"I was wondering if perhaps you might bring a suggestion amongst your allies, that they unite for a moment in order to show the ministry that the Death Eaters have not fallen" Lolita said with passion growing. "That the recent efforts the ministry has made was futile, I speak of an assassination" Lolita said with simple tone. "If done than the dark arts will grow once more, the passion amongst the Death Eaters will grow" Lolita said with a smile. "It doesn't have to be done, however I would greatly appreciate it if the suggestion is made" Lolita said as she took a step closer. "The effort alone would elevate your status and your training one step further" Lolita said in a low tone as she moved back.

Leah nodded understanding perfectly. The House Elfs loyalty would be a hard thing to break, but perhaps she could earn some of it and find the item. "He will remain ignorant of my knowledge until I know it is time to inquire about it." She wouldn't divulge her knowing of it until it was the absolute right time, because if she said anything to early her chances would be ruined forever, and she would fail Lolita, and worst of all herself.

I doubt any would stand against someone who holds our beliefs and er..morals." She smirked. "I won't stand against him. You may want him to spend more time with other Death Eaters to win their affection and loyalties, however." She shrugged. "He may be but a child, now but the sooner they know of him, then when the years have gone by their loyalties and trust will be burned into him."

It was a good idea... an assassination would stir up the wizarding world, and most of all the Prophet would have a field day with it. It would show that the Death Eaters were still growing strong and united. "I will suggest it at the next meeting. Many of them seem to be growing bored, for we haven't had a mission in quite a while." She herself had been growing bored with it all, for nothing was happening. "But who would be killed?" She didn't know many people in the Ministry, save that one weasel that had snubbed her when she requested information about her father. She would enjoy killing him...slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back