Aireous Abode

House
Living Room

Analease walked down the stairs, an exasperated sigh escaped her . She had just cleaned the upstairs daughter, Rhyspa's arrival. Though her school was only a few hours away, it was nearly impossible to visit Rhyspa. Her youngest daughter, Callan, decided she didn't want to attend the highly accredited school. Her first semester there and she was ready to leave and never come back. Analease never asked her youngest why, but she knew. A mother always knew, even if her child didn't. Callan wasn't one to make friends quickly and she hated being away from her mother. Analease tried to convince her to go back, but Callan wasn't interested. She preferred her books and animals to real friends.

Analease entered the kitchen and poured herself a glass of tea, taking a long drink. Since the divorce, both of her daughters had become a little more secluded. She hardly ever received letters from Rhyspa and Callan stayed holed up in her room. It worried her, but Landon was engaged to be married this coming summer and the girls would be gone for a month. Hopefully seeing their father would be good for the two of them.

Rhyspa's Bedroom

Rhyspa stood in the fireplace at one of the local shoppes near the school. She grabbed a fistful of Floo Powder and shouted "The Aireous Home, Auckland, New Zealand!" as she threw the green-black powder in the hearth. Seconds later, Rhyspa stood in her own fireplace at her mothers house. It smelled of freshly baked cookies and pomegranate fruit. She inhaled deeply, taking the familiar scent in and shouted, "Mum! Callan! I'm home!" A thundering pair of footsteps came down the stairs and Callan came into view. Rhyspa hugged her sister fiercely and held her out to look at her. "My! You've grown! You're taller than last summer!" she grinned cheekily as her sister swatted at her.

Moments later, Rhyspa's mother came from down the stairs. Rhyspa ran to her and threw her arms around her and they hugged for a while, rocking back and forth. Tears welled in Rhyspa's eyes as she hugged her mother. It was hard to explain what a girl felt when she hugged the woman who brought her into the world. Rhyspa had hundreds of things to tell her mother, but they would probably do that in one of their many late night chats with coffee and biscotti. "I've missed you so much!" Rhyspa said into her mothers shoulder. Her bags still sat in the fire place as the two embraced.

Callan's Room

Callan closed up the notebook and laid it on the night stand beside her bed. She was about to begin a book when she heard Rhyspa's voice from downstairs. Callan threw the book aside and ran down the stairs. "Rhyspa! Rhyspa!" Her older sister was standing in the living room, a silly smile spread across her face. The younger girl collided with her sister and held onto her tight. "I missed you a lot," Callan said giddily. She then proceeded to swat her sister as she was being teased. Their mum came into the room and she and Rhyspa hugged. Callan silently left the room unnoticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back