OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat had sent an owl to Chace to meet her at the quidditch pitch. She knew it was a long shot, but she figured it was worth a shot. Hopping out of bed she grabbed an elastic band and pulled her hair back in a low ponytail before throwing on a set of sweats and tennis shoes. Kat grabbed her Scarlet Streak and her old Cleansweeper and then headed down and out of the castle.

It was an absolutely beautiful Spring morning which in her book meant perfect flying weather. When she arrived at the pitch it was deserted which she was thankful for. Kat looked to see if Chace was coming yet, but saw no one so she mounted her Streak and kicked off at full speed. She took the elastic band from her hair and let the wind whip through it, loving every single second.

Chace was all too eager to meet his girlfriend at the pitch. Katalina Vanderhol, his girlfriend. It sounded nice rolling off the tongue and pirouetting in his brain. One might have thought the Quidditch Pitch had been splattered with dungbombs, for as much as he avoided it. Heights and this Harker did not mix.

Craning his neck, he found Kat and grinned. With hands fixed on his hips, he watched her. She looked just as good in the sky as she did on the ground.

As she was flying back up the pitch, Kat saw a familiar figure standing on the ground. Grinning widely she dropped her height till she was about a foot and a half off the ground. When she was a few feet from Chace she hopped off her broom yelling at her boyfriend, "Catch me!" This action obviously sent both of them to the ground as she landed on top of him. With a quick peck on the lips she beamed from ear to ear, her blue eyes sparkling with anticipation as she said, "So...guess what we're gonna do today. Come on then...guess!" Kat knew this was going to be a difficult task to undertake, but before the sun set she'd have that loveable Slytherin that she was proud to call her own up in the sky on a broom.

Chace yelped when Kat ran him over. It wasn't every day he was pounded into the ground by a bat-crazy witch on a broomstick. Happy that he wasn't eating grass, he smiled at his girlfriend. He didn't bother to push her off. Possibilities that did not include flying zipped through the Slytherin's head. "Snog and watch the lovely sunset?" he suggested, grinning madly at the Gryffindor. He had a feeling he was in for some trouble. The boy could tell that he'd have to jump through hoops to get out of it.

Kat snorted. He was just too darn cute, but she had other plans. Hopping to her feet she grabbed his hands and helped him up. She wrapped her arms around his neck and said sweetly, "While that sounds like an absolutely perfect idea...it's going to have to wait." Kat grinned widely and slightly batted her eyelashes before saying, "You, my absolute hunk of a man, are going flying with me. Aren't you thrilled?"

Chace turned whiter than a homemade ghost costume. "No," he hissed, wallowing in worry. The Slytherin felt as if the Gryffindor had kneed him in the stomach instead of telling him he was going to fly. "I- I can't. Ask me to do anything else, but I can't do that." He'd been afraid to fly ever since classes in first year, when he'd ended up splatting on the broom shed and then earned a trip to the Hospital Wing. And he didn't like Quidditch. Not unless Kat was playing, anyway. He liked being on the soles of his feet. Merlin, just the thought of mounting a broomstick made him want to toss his breakfast.

Kat quirked an eyebrow at the green eyed Slytherin in front of her. So this was going down the hard way. If she had to knock him out and tie him to the damn broom then she'd do it...she knew he could do it all she had to do was get him to believe that he could do it. "Don't hiss at me you snake. I'm not asking you to do anything else...I'm asking you to do this. If you'd like I could make you do it. Your choice...you want this to go easy or do you want to pull out the big guns," she asked in a calm even tone, having a pretty good idea that this wasn't going to go as smoothly as she'd hoped.

Uneasy was not a good enough adjective to describe Chace at the moment. Piss-in-pants-terrified was more like it. He wrestled with his fear, trying to subdue it. The usual victor refused to hand him pride. Kat was asking him to shed his skin and wear the newest layer, to abandon his dignity for his embarrassment. Testing one of his many weaknesses was not an easy thing to do.

"I'm not ready. I haven't flown since I was a first year." He didn't mention that he had failed Flying class.

Kat stood there with her arms crossed over her chest, gently tapping her foot against the green earth. She cocked her head to the side and just looked at him, trying to think of something and then it hit her. A wide grin formed on her face as she grabbed the Cleansweeper and sat it on the ground about four feet from Chace and then she started in a serious tone, "For every step you come closer to getting to that broom I'll peel off a piece of clothing. And when you get over here you don't have to get on it alone...I'll be right there with you." Kat waggled her eyebrows playfully at her boyfriend and then added, "Here I'll even make it easy for you. I'll give you a head start and kick off this shoe." With that she shed the shoe from her foot and mentally cursed herself for not wearing socks today. "There...now get over here," she said in a low purring tone as she coaxed him with one finger.

While Chace did not have a macho complex, he was still a male. Motivation was not here in its most moral form, but that didn't stop the boy from booking it to his girlfriend. "I'm here!" he announced excitedly. His enthusiasm died when he looked back to the broomstick. "How am I supposed to uh, do this?" He'd seen many people mount and fly broomsticks, though it was terror getting to him, not stupidity. Here was the mighty Slytherin boy, scared of an enchanted hunk of wood and bristles. His family would be so proud.

"See now that wasn't so hard now was it," Kat said as she kicked off her other shoe. Looking her boyfriend up and down she pointed to the broom and said, "Now pick it up and the shirt comes off. Promise." Kat lightly ran her finger from his chest down to the base of his stomach and whispered, "Bend over and pick up the broom. It's not that hard to do."

"I'm listening!" Chace stepped over to the broom, grinning wickedly at Kat. He contemplated taking teeny-tiny steps, but then figured that Kat would hit him over the head instead of shedding clothes. The Slytherin held his hand over the Cleansweep. A wave of nausea assaulted him. Chace fended it off by biting his lip and straightening his arm. "UP!" he demanded. The broom didn't do anything.

"Up, you lazy oaf of a stick," he grumbled to himself. With the next command his broom came up. It didn't go for his hand, however. It gave him a nice whack on the nose, leaving Chace to stumble and swear.

"I'M NOT FLYING! The damn broom's already trying to kill me!"

Kat beamed as she watched him move a bit closer. When he held his hand out over she grabbed the sleeve of her shirt and started to slowly pull her arm through the hole, not really having any intention of pulling it off, but figuring she'd make him think he was getting some sort of incentive. She snorted slightly when the broom did nothing on his first try, but she waited and watched and sure enough on the second command the broom came up only not to his hand. It took all the Gryffindor had in her not to bust out laughing so she bit the inside of her cheeks and closed her eyes.

"Oh quit you're belly aching you sissy. It's a piece of wood, it's not trying to kill you," Kat seethed at the Slytherin in front of her. "No flying, eh? Hmm, guess that means I get to stay clothed today," she added raising an eyebrow and slowly slipping her arm back through the sleeve.

The snake's nostrils flared. Chace would rather swim in a pile of mooncalf dung than get on that broomstick. He'd been told several times throughout his life that he needed to face his fears, but that was a bunch of Gryffindor mumbo jumbo. The seventeen year old boy dropped the stick and brought his arms across his chest. He was very good at acting any age below his; he'd been a spoiled child. "Fine, during the next Brightstone Weekend I'll just have to pick up a magazine. Or maybe I can just steal one from a first year," he retorted, sticking a slimy tongue out at his girlfriend.

Kat felt the heat in her face rise and knew that her cheeks were probably blood red at the moment. Her fists clenched tightly by her sides until her knuckles shown white. Seemed like she was going to have to play dirty now, but at least she got to keep her clothes on for this. Swallowing hard with her nostrils flared the Gryffindors eyes glossed over (with fake tears of course) and she whimpered just a little bit. "So you don't want to see me like that? You'd rather look at some cheap magazine? Dear Merlin Chace do I disgust you so much that you'd rather just stay on the ground then look at me without my clothes on? I know I'm not much to look at, but this is just..." Her voice trailed off just perfectly, breaking just ever so lightly in spots. Kat turned her face away from him and smirked slightly before really letting the tears roll down her pink cheeks.

"You're just mean," she said whimpering and praying she wouldn't bust out laughing.

About thirty minutes, a few fake tears, and several kisses later, Kat was snuggled up next to Chace on the cool grass looking up at the sky. Sighing heavily she looked at him and said with a raised eyebrow, "Mark my words Mr. Harker...your cute little arse will get on a broom and fly with me one of these days. You may have won today and I'll let you enjoy your victory, but you will fly...got that?" Thinking for a second she figured that now was as good a time as any to tell him. Pulling herself up to her knees next to him, she reached into her pocket and withdrew a crumpled piece of parchment and handed it to him. "So...what do you think about that?" Kat a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach and she slightly held her breath as she waited for his reply.
Dear Miss Vanderhol said:
I'd like to be the first to extend you an invitation to become the newest chaser for the Wimbourne Wasps upon your graduation. After having seen some of your miraculous performances on the pitch I feel that you'd be an excellent asset to not only our team, but the league as well. For formality purposes you would need to attend a technical tryout that can be held over your Christmas holidays if you wish. Our training for the next season will begin two weeks after you graduate and arrangements will be made to have your things transferred to a flat here in England. Please do consider this as we would all love to have you as an addition to our quidditch family. Please contact me at your earliest convenience regarding this as I am so very eager to hear from you.

Sincerely,
Lila Beads
Captain of the Wimbourne Wasps

Relief held Chace like a paper man would hold matches. His girlfriend was a crafty witch, and he was lucky to have escaped her tricks. He would have kissed the ground in gratitude if he hadn't been too busy kissing Katalina instead.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll face my fears and fly... and stuff," the Slytherin responded, hugging the Gryffindor tightly. Boy loved girl, hatred of heights set aside. The only weapon he had was sarcasm in this battle of wits. Everyone and Merlin knew that there was no arguing with a Kat, especially his. Kats were vicious creatures. Chace wasn't fooled by their charades, oh no, but he was easily glued to their webs.

Curiosity took the letter and scanned it ten times over. Kat was going to be a Quidditch player? A professional Quidditch player, for an English team?

Chace continued to stare at the paper as he spoke. "Well," he paused, "I think..." Waiting more than a few torturous moments, he glanced up at his love. "Who gives two piles of unicorn dung what I think? This is GREAT!" He was then on his knees, squeezing her tight and tackling her to the grass before planting a kiss on her forehead. "What did you expect me to say, Miss Wimbourne Wasp?"

Kat flinched and then exhaled loudly, feeling as though she might just faint. He was happy for her and that in itself made everything all that much better. The Gryffindor squealed as she was tackled to the ground and smiled as her boyfriend kissed her forehead. Grabbing the front of his shirt she pulled him closer to her and kissed him long and slow. She loved him more than anything, there was no doubt about that and she didn't want to do this without him right by her side...he was her always and forever as far as she was concerned. "Well what about the part where I have to move back to England? I just...I don't want to be that far away from you for so long, but I want this too. I love you and I don't want us to be like those couples who fall apart after a few months of being so far away," she said her blue eyes full of worry with a hint of fear. As much as she wanted to be able to play for the league she wanted to be with Chace more.

Chace let the moment take him, eagerly returning the kisses. He couldn't be happier for his girlfriend. The Slytherin might hate broomsticks down to the last twig, but Quidditch was something his Gryffindor was passionate about. Chace ran his fingers through her hair thoughtfully. Nothing really anchored him to New Zealand. Come to think of it, he wasn't grounded to any place in the world. His true home couldn't be found anywhere on a map. At least, on non-magical maps. A smile slicing through his features, he murmured, "We're not one of those couples, sugar lips. Years and others haven't kept us apart. So," he grinned, rolling onto the grass next to Kat, "It looks like I'm going back to the mother country."

Kat snorted at the nickname, but she had to admit that he had a point. After everything that the pair had been through over the last three years surely a little bit of distance wouldn't do any harm to their relationship, but even still she didn't want to not have him with her. The Gryffindor was just about to open her mouth to say something when from out of nowhere Chace said the one thing that was music to her ears. Kat sat up and just looked at him for a minute, still trying to process just whether or not he was yanking her chain or not. When she finally decided that he was being serious a giant goofy grin broke out onto her face and her blue eyes sparkled...full of love for the boy laying next to her. Without thinking she hopped on him and planted a billion kisses all over his face. "I love you, I love you, I love you! And just in case I wasn't clear enough...I love you," she said giving him a light little 'eskimo kiss' and looked him dead in the eyes. Without a shadow of a doubt she was one hundred percent head over heels in love with Chace Harker and didn't want to be with anyone else ever again. Gently she took his face in her hands and at first lightly kissed his lips, then her lips parted slightly, inhaling him, and kissed him hungrily.

Coming to the Quidditch pitch, Chace had no clue as to his after school life. Now he had picked up one of the pieces. He would be moving away from New Zealand with Kat. She would be there to help him put the rest of the puzzle together. The eighteen-year-old could foresee nothing without his girlfriend, his love. A future without Katalina Vanderhol would be no future at all. "I love you times infinity, twice," he murmured into her lips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back