Afternoon Saunter

Alex Sheffield

OOC First Name
Patrick
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Flexible Walnut Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
During his first few weeks, Alex took on a goal to explore everything within the boundaries of the Hogwarts students (and possibly out of the boundaries if he gets the chance), so one of the destinations we has looking for was the outside - Something he didn't explore at all yet (besides the courtyard and the Quiddich).
One of the first locations he wanted to visit first was the Lakefront, and that was exactly what he was planning on doing that day.

Taking his notes from the class he had so far, he set off for the lake. After finally finding it this time (and not getting lost for once), he settled down on one spot, and spread out his stuff, in an attempt to 'study'. In truth, he didn't study at all. The scenery was too distracting to him, so he instead paid all his attention to the lake and the fish inside.

During one of her walks around Hogwarts, Everly discovered The Lakefront. Hogwarts was huge, so of course she hasn't seen everything, but The Lakefront was her absolute favorite of what she's seen so far. She could spend hours pondering there in silence, looking at the beautiful scenery, wondering what's hiding at the bottom of the lake. She heard rumors about the Giant Squid, but she didn't know whether to believe it or not. But when she arrived at her designated spot for spending some time with herself, she discovered that someone else was already there. She panicked, wondering what to do. She could just turn and leave, and come back at another time. But the boy had already seen her, so it would be awkward to back away now. Oh well. She approached the boy. "Oh, hello", she said, not trying to hide the disappointment in her voice, "I've seen you around. You're Arthur, right?"

Alex looked up from the lake to the Slytherin. He didn't really see her around much at all, but hey! Any new person to meet is a good opportunity for interaction. He stood up in general politeness, as she approached him. He was about to greet her-.. But then..

"No uh-.. You must have mixed me up with someone else. I'm Alex... "

Her mixing him up with someone else didn't really bother him. He was very clumsy indeed, so he understood forgetting things. (Even some basic things like where the chuffin' hell is the charms class)
He patted himself down off the dirt he had on his pants, as he must have gotten some on them while he was sitting down. Then he took note of the Slytherin girl. He could generally read body language quite well, so he did notice some distress with her. He immediately put all the blame on him in his mind. He must have done something to offend her.

"I'm sorry, did I do or say something wrong?"

Everly felt bad for mixing up the boys name. The one time she tried to act smart by guessing people's names, she failed. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm really terrible with names.", she said with an awkward chuckle. She hoped to be alone at the Lake but it isn't a bad time to start making some friends. Up until now she only focused on schoolwork and exploring. "Oh, no", she replied to Alex, "I was just surprised.I was expecting to be alone here, that's all." She tried to put a smile on her face. After all, she has to stop pushing people away from her. She sat by the lake, and dipped her feet in the water. "So, what brought you here?", she asked, hoping to start some kind of conversaiton, although she hated small talk.

He sighed out of relief. He didn't really want to be of bother to anyone, and he was already ready for apologizing. Loosening up a bit, he sat back down on his spot, shoving his books away before doing so and keeping his legs arched with his head on his knees.

"Reyt. Well uh-.. I went for a saunter myself and found this place. Thought I'd settle down for a moment and uh-.. enjoy the scenery as they'd say. ", he observed the Slytherin briefly, before arching his right eye brow.

"Say, lass, I didn't really catch your name, like, at all. What might it be?"

He was curious. As dull as Everly behaved Alex was very curious about her. There's a certain stereotype that comes with each house, and with Slytherins, it always means there's something complex going on inside their heads. Alex, curious as ever, wanted to find out more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back