After the ball

"Wow. That is, if we pass our OWLs!" Estrella laughed. She was thoroughly positive that she would although she did not want to be expectant and let down. She needed Herbology to become a professor, so that would be a crucial class for her to pay attention in. Potions, not so much, but she would probably end up taking it anyway. "Have you thought about what you want to do?" she inquired, knowing that she had never asked him before. "After school, I mean." As OWLs were looming near the thought of careers were looming in the minds of many.

"It doesn't make me better- it just makes me lucky!" she chuckled, knowing that she could not dance very well and he most likely was just trying to make her feel better.

Jaken chuckled, "I am pretty sure we will. You being in Ravenclaw, and me just acting on common sense." Jaken wondered for a moment. He still wasn't sure what he wanted to do. He actually wanted to be an Auror, but well, he couldn't handle putting his father in jail if that time were to come. He shrugged, "Probably working as either an Unspeakable or in the Ministry in the Improper Use of Magic. My uncle works as the head in Germany, I believe." He still wasn't deadset on what he wanted to do, but that lingered in his mind. Those two positions.

Jaken laughed, "Luck has nothing to do with it. It is skill." He knew that he couldn't pull it off. And he probably wouldn't, even if it were a life and death situation.

Estrella thought about it for a moment. She really hoped that she passed with flying colors- if she didn't, she would be failing herself and she had a feeling that it would upset both Valcan, and, her father. "An Unspeakable? I suppose that would be neat, although I have no idea what the heck they do." She laughed. "But we aren't supposed to know, are we?" She herself was thoroughly positive she wanted to be a professor, though she had no idea where that career would take her.

"Skill? I totally disagree, Jaken Styx," she chuckled, poking him in the side. "I swear by luck when it comes to dancing- I'm apt to be an absolute klutz."

Jaken nodded, "Yeah, exactly. I wouldn't want my children to know what I did for a living. I wouldn't want them to think that following in my footsteps would please me more than following their passions." He knew about this firsthand. At first, he wanted to follow his father, make him pleased, until he found out the Dark Arts involved and him being a Death Eater. Even then, he wanted to grow up, like everyone else in his family, to be a powerful Dark wizard, but the torturing and killing innocent people never appealed to him.

Jaken smirked, "You did not act like a klutz tonight. Maybe you ought to dance in regular shoes and see if you aren't as good as the professonals."

Estrella wondered where this first outburst had come from, deciding to keep quiet. She smiled back at him. The girl guessed that he had some issues with his parent, or parent anyway, but she wasn't going to pry. Who was she to judge, with the situation she had after all. "It depends on all what it is," she laughed. She knew if she ever had kids, which she wasn't sure she would, she wouldn't mind them knowing she was a professor.

She grinned, blushing a bit. "As good as the professionals? Now isn't that an exaggeration!" she snorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back