After Potions

Vera McAllister

OOC First Name
Camilla!
The dungeons sure were a long way away from the Gryffindor common room, but Vera didn't mind at all. Some people were scared of the dungeons, but Vera didn't care. It was a cool place to explore. Sure, she preferred to be outside the castle walls, but exploring the inside of the castle was fun too. So instead of heading off to the library or common room after Potions class, Vera found herself wandering around. She wasn't getting lost, she was having an adventure. Yes, an adventure. That was her reasoning. Besides, if it got too late, she'd be able to find her way to the Great Hall easily. Vera could find food, no trouble. But for now, she was too busy exploring.

Lily had been walking around the dungeons when she saw someone who looked lost. Lily could never get lost in a place like the dungeons. It was a place that made her feel at home. She loved the dark and always found it the best place to scare people. "What the hell are you doing here?? You should be glad it's only me here and not one of the goth gang. If one of them caught you here you'd already be a bloody mess on the floor. I, on the other hand, am different." She smirked as she started walking towards the girl. "I prefer the slow approach to things. You're still going to be a bloody mess on the floor, it's just going to take longer for you to get there." She shrugged.

Vera was humming to herself and looking around in awe, when she heard someone talking to her in an accusing tone. Turning around, Vera folded her arms and looked back at the girl, an incredulous look on her face. Why, the girl was the same age as her, by the looks. "Goth gang? What on earth are ye talkin' about?" Vera spluttered, looking confused. "Why d'ye need to beat me up anyway? I didn't do anything wrong, I was just checkin' out the dungeons, is that a crime?" Vera asked, talking quickly - she was a very fast talker when she was worked up, which was quite a lot of the time. "And why d'ye think I'm gonna let ye beat me up?" Oh, if this girl wanted a fight, she'd get a fight. Vera was no weakling. She wasn't trained in self defence or anything, but she'd learnt a few tricks from football and hockey. She didn't even know who the girl was, but she was just asking for trouble.

Lily laughed. "Ok. The fact you don't know who the goth gang is proves you're not a slytherin because they rule over most other slytherins. I'm going to guess at Gryffindor because you seem to think that walking round the dungeons is no problem and the fact that you crossed you're arms shows that you have an attitude that doesn't care about fights. Last I knew Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs didn't get in many fights." Lilz smirked. "If I'm right then you have to tell me who you are." Lily didn't really care who this girl was. It just made it all the more fun.

Vera tilted her head to the side, slightly, confused by the attitude of this girl. She hadn't had to deal with people like this before, and it was rather vexing to have to do so now. "If we're going to stereotype, then yer a Slytherin 'cause yer happy to beat people up just for freely explorin' the place, though ye do have the logic of a Ravenclaw. Pity the Ravenclaws I know don't judge like that." The only Ravenclaw Vera actually knew was Albie, but this girl didn't have to know she was bluffing. "But ye'd be correct. I'm a firstie Gryffindor, just like yer a firstie snake." She swapped legs and leant to the left, instead of the right. As always, Vera had to keep moving somehow. "Name's Vera. What's yer name, snake girl?"

Lily didn't like this girl. "Eww. Why the hell would I be like a disgusting Ravenclaw??" Lily wasn't going to mention that she was dating a Ravenclaw boy. She didn't know he was going to be a claw before they started at HNZ and she loved him too much to dump him over which house he had been put in. "The name's Angelica." Lily always told her first name to the people that she didn't like. Her friends always called her Lily because she hated the name Angelica. "What kind of a name is Vera?? Seriously, you're parents need lesson in what to call their children." Lily was happy to have a fight with this girl. She'd never had a proper fight with a girl. Only argued. Then that's what happens when you grow up with six older brothers.

Oh, now she'd done it. There was one thing you didn't insult with Vera, and that was her family. Albie was a Ravenclaw, and she basically idolised him. It was her goal in life to be his equal. "Nah, yer right, ye don't have the smarts to be a Ravenclaw." Vera knew she wasn't Ravenclaw material, but she was perfectly happy to be in Gryffindor. She was bold, brash, and brave, and she'd meet people just like her. It was where she belonged. "Ach, I want to know what yer parents were smokin' when they named ye. Angelica? Doesn't suit ye at all. Nothing angelic about ye." Vera, meanwhile, meant "faith", and it also meant "true". It suited her, Vera had faith in those she cared about and trusted, and she also usually spoke the truth. She just couldn't be bothered to lie, speaking the truth was easy and it didn't end up getting you caught. She'd got in more trouble when she lied than when she confessed the truth. "I think Vera's a lovely name, it suits me, showin' my parents actually thought about it, unlike yours."

Lily's temper rose. Usually she would go on about how much she agreed with this Vera girl that Angelica didn't suit her but now was the wrong time to be insulting her parents. Lily had found her dad dead in the hallway at her house and she had to watch her mother screaming at the sight. Everyone in the house and loved Dervish so his death had come as a huge shock and it scared some people.
Lily walked the gap between the two of them and shoved Vera against the wall. "Don't insult my parents!! It's not their fault that I'm going through sh!t at the moment." Lily had never seen herself this worked up before. She had been very close to her dad as she was the only girl and she had six brothers so she had ended up being daddy's little girl. "I don't know much about you but I'm pretty sure that you haven't had to walk into your house and see the person you look up to the most led dead on the floor in front of you." Lily scowled to keep her tears back. She hated crying but the memory she kept seeing of her dad was too much for her. Hiding the tears was the only thing she could do.

Vera was quite short tempered at times, and this girl had really lit her short fuse. Especially being so bold as to shove her against the wall. Oh, that did it. "Ye bring it on yerself, ye know, just 'cause yer a snake-girl doesn't mean ye have the right to be mean an' all," Vera muttered, trying to keep her temper in check. "All I was doin' was checkin' out the place, that's not a crime..." but she trailed off when Angelica said something about someone close to her lying dead on the floor. Oh boy, Vera had really put her foot in it this time. "Sorry," she muttered. She hadn't ever lost anyone really close to her, but she was sure it would be horrible of that happened. "I didn't know." Vera kept her arms folded, defensively. Vera didn't want to admit defeat or anything, not that it was really a battle, but she didn't want to stick her foot in it even more.

"Sorry wont take back what's happened." She shook her head and scowled at Vera. "I don't want your sorrys. Don't bother." She leant onto one leg and put her hand on her hip. "If I were you, I'd get out of here before I change my mind about letting you go. This is Slytherin territory. Gryffindors don't belong here. Especially gryffindors with hair as blinding as yours. Seriously, nobody needs a spell to see where they're going down here. All they need is your hair and they're set." She laughed slightly at her own joke. "I don't know why anybody would want hair like that. It's horrible."

Vera had very quickly decided that she didn't like this Angelica girl at all, and although she felt kind of bad about what had happened to her, her attitude nullified any sympathy Vera might have felt for her. "If ye want to threaten me, ye can, but it won't do anything," Vera shrugged, carelessly. Vera wasn't afraid of any snakes. She was a lion after all. And she'd never paid much attention to her mane but she quite liked the colour. Red suited her, she thought, and being ginger was a Scottish stereotype, so her hair reminded her of home. "There's nothin' wrong with my hair, at least it's interestin'. Who'd want borin' old blonde hair, anyway?" She shook her head, tossing her hair about defiantly.

"Who said I was going to threaten you??" Lily smirked. "I'm going to do more than that. I'm going to slice you open and lay your insides across the floor next to you so you can see what you really look like just before you die." Then she laughed. "Normal people want 'boring old blonde hair' because it looks better than having a torch on our heads. Seriously, you need to think about dulling it down a bit so you don't end up blinding every poor s0d that has to look at you." Lily smirked as she watched the girl for any sign of a weakness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back