After flying

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
After flying Harriet decided that she would go down to the lakefront. It was a lovely day and she dropped her bag and sprawled out across the grass the sun shining down on her she hopped to top up her tan.

Ivy had left the common room for the lake when she saw a girl she remembered with Amy and Ginny. Ivy bit her lip, trying very hard to remember her name. Then it came to her: Harriet! Ivy skipped down the grovel path towards her intrigued by the broom that she was holding. Maybe Ivy would get to know Harriet better. "Hey Harriet, mind if I join you?" Ivy aked politely, not wanting to intterupt her.

"sure! she said and sat straight up, she recognised the girl but just couldnt place the face with a name. After thinking it suddenly clicked. "Hi Ivy" she said with a grin "how are you?" She only knew the girl a little but she would love to get to know her more as she seemed really nice. She gently patted the spongy grass as an indication that Ivy could sit down next to her.

Ivy gratefully accepted the seat that Harriet had offfered, exhausted from the first few weeks of school. "Have fun flying?"Ivy asked Harriet, indicating her broom. Ivy wanted to start a conversation and since she liked flying and quidditch, she figured that it was an easy topic to start with.

"Yeah it was great!" she said glad that she had sat down. "I'm not that good but i like it anyway! How about you?" she said

" I love to fly, its my favorite hobby... That feeling of carefreeness is exhilarating.."Ivy trailed off, thinking of the wonderful things about flying. : I'm not the best but I try and practice lots. I even tried out for the Ravenclaw Seeker" Ivy informed.

"oh wow!" she said it was clear Ivy loved flying "You should meet up with Andy she loves flying too!" she exclaimed " i hope you do get seeker, I'm sure your great!" she said then felt a bit stupid at getting excited over being able to hover slightly off the ground. "you should teach me!" she said laughing at the thought of some of her previous disasters!

Ivy smiled and shook her head. " I'm not as good as you think" Ivy shrugged going for modesty. " ya I met with Andromeda at the pitch the other day and shes awesome." Ivy grinned. She tugged at a tuff of grass, hands moving absenmindedly. "Although I didn't get seeker I'm happy ebough to be an alternate" Ivy shrugged. "I don't know, I could help you with the flying, I know how to do dives and turns. " Ivy replied proudly," although I'm also getting help from Ginny with my flips and strategies."

"I'm sorry you didn't get seeker." she said it clearly mean alot to Ivy "But I'm sure you will get plenty of chances to play in matches. "Dives wow! I've only just perfected my landing!" she giggled. "So where are you from?" she asked and then wondered why she hadn't thought to ask before.

Ivy giggled too " I'm from Australia, you?" Ivy asked curious while blowing at a blade of grass.

"I'm a Londener!" she said laughing "Wow Australia I've always wanted to go there! Whats it like?" it had been and ambition to go to Australia since she was little. "i love the accent too!" she added.

Ivy smiled as she remembered her home and her family. "Well, its pretty hot there and very calm I guess. London must be pretty interesting, I haven't been there before" Ivy mused. Travelling to London did seem like a good idea.

"Yeah Londons good!" Harri said smiling "Especially if you like shopping!" Harri said she remembered the times when her mum and Harri had been shopping in Oxford street, they had soo much fun. "Sightseeings good as well!" Harri added.

Ivy giggled onto her hand as Harriet described London,"that is so me!" Ivy exclaimed. "I love to shop, especially for shoes...." Ivy smiled and turned to Harriet, "whats your favorite pastime?"

"Oh my gosh I love shopping!" Harri said laughing "Shoes are the best !" She said laughing "I have like a whole wardrobe full at home!" She said laughing thinking about her great big wardrobe at home.

Ivy grinned at Harriet's outburst, a mirror of herself, "Whoa! " Ivy exclaimed," entusiasctic are we?" Ivy asked with a grin,"too bad 1st years aren't allowed to shop at hogmeade on weekends!" Ivy sighed.

Harriet blushed slightly then laughed "Just a tad!" She said. "I know I miss shopping I used to go basically every weekend!" She said smiling

Ivy grinned at Harriet. "ya....good times" Ivy agreed with a sigh. She was rubbing her broom and humming at the same time.

Harri smiled then looked at her watch. "Gosh I must be off!" she said and got up "See you soon Ivy!" she called and walked away.

"You too!" Harri said and then jogged back to the castle and up to the common room.

"Bye!" Ivy replied as Harriet dashed back into the common room. Ivy took her broom back to her common room and decided to read her book for the book club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back