Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
-after Rowan-

Artemis had too much energy to sleep. In fact, she might even be a little hungry. Sure, she had eaten at dinner, but hey, the girl had an appetite. On some days, she ate a lot. She couldn’t help it. Luckily for her, it wasn’t that easy to put on weight, which made her realise that she could eat whenever she felt like it. Maybe not whatever she wanted, but whenever was good enough. She grinned to herself at the thought and got dressed before slipping out of the dorms, not wanting to wake up any of her roommates. There was no one around in the corridors, which pointed out that everyone was - or rather should be - in bed at this hour. It was a few minutes after midnight, but when Artemis set out to do something, she was going to do it no matter what. She didn’t like being told what to do and she couldn’t sleep if she was hungry. So, the fourth year thought it a good, thrilling idea to go down to the kitchens and see if there were any house elves who would be kind enough to give her some food. Maybe some cake. Or brownies. Man, she loved brownies. If there wasn’t anyone, Artemis could bake them herself. She knew how to bake, though maybe not that many things. The girl finally reached her destination and quietly opened the door to the kitchens, closing it behind her. Ah. Now the fun could begin.

Blake wasn't often up late, but whenever he was, he got itchy feet. Back home it hadn't been so much of a problem... living out of the city meant there was always plenty to do if he needed to sneak out of the house. He could check on the neighbours cows, hang out in his treehouse, whatever. Mum would probably be mad if she knew, but Blake was always back in bed fast asleep before long. At Hogwarts though, they were trapped in their common rooms like prisoners, and it was driving Blake crazy. He needed to walk. So after tossing and turning in bed, and then walking what felt like a thousand laps of the common room, Blake gave up. He was sneaking out. It was fine. He'd just go as far as the kitchen and back, nobody would ever know. It was really tempting to head out to the pitch and have a late night fly, but that would get him busted for sure. Nah, the kitchen was the place to go. Stepping into the kitchen, Blake was surprised to find he wasn't alone, staring at the girl he had almost walked into in surprise. "What are you doing here?" Blake hissed under his breath, looking around nervously.

Artemis had been looking for ingredients to make the brownies, scouring any and all cupboards she could find, finally finding them all and taking them out. She wasn’t sure how much to make, since she wasn’t used to making them just for herself. She’d made them for lots of people in the past though, so maybe she should do the same amount and just save them for the week. She almost jumped when someone spoke, nearly dropping the open flour on the floor. Thankfully, with her quick reflexes, she didn’t. "You scared me!" she scolded him in a low voice, since the boy had whispered to her. At his question, she smirked, gesturing to the laid-out items on the counter in front of her. "I’m baking brownies. Wanna join?" she asked, eager to get started.​

Blake looked around at the amassed supplies in disbelief, then looked back at the girl. "Aren't you worried about getting in trouble?" He whispered, then glanced back at the baking supplies. Brownies did sound delicious, but Blake didn't cook. That was for girls. Maybe he could charm her into making some for him, though, and then this late night excursion would be totally worth it. "Oh, I bet I'd ruin them. You're probably way better at baking than me." He smiled, leaning on the counter. "How did you even learn to do this?"

At the boy’s question, Artemis grinned, having sort of expected it. She shook her head at him. "Well no, not really," she shrugged her shoulders as she tried to multitask and remember the best recipe she had followed to make brownies. The more often she made them, the better they got, according to her sisters. Artemis had made a batch just for the new comer in the family, or at least that was the excuse she had used in order to bake them again. "I have four sisters, so I know how to keep myself out of trouble," she explained, though didn’t think that the boy would be interested in the details. Artemis raised her eyebrow at him, was he really that bad or did he just not want to bake them? It was fine either way, but the fourth year was carrying out her plan she decided on originally. "Suit yourself," she smiled, before starting the process. "Oh, I, uh, experimented...a few times," she admitted. "They’re really not that difficult. I could teach you sometime if you want." After a few steps done, she turned back to the boy. "I’m Artemis, by the way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back