OOC First Name
Claire
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Margo parted from Odette feeling much enthused - finally, she had somebody to call a friend! Yet still it weighed on her mind that the Slytherin had not been altogether kind to the boy who had interrupted their conversation to ask for directions to the Charms classroom. OK, Margo had been a little frustrated, and Odette did have a point in as much as he should have asked an older student, but what if they'd hurt the boy's feelings? Unable to leave things as they were, the Ravenclaw headed down to the third floor corridor, hoping to catch him just as his class was dismissed. Perhaps he would even talk to her, and he could tell her all about his first Charms lesson! Margo was so disappointed that she wouldn't get to take the subject until her second semester. She hung around near the door, and, as it swung open, rose onto the balls of her feet to see over the flood of students. There! Spotting him amongst the throng, she squeezed past several shoulders and patted him gently on the sleeve. "Excuse me? Hi!" she said, above the noise. "You found it! Did you have fun?"

Alex was happy that the class had finally ended. Not because he didn't like the subject, but because he hates introductions. Although he did make a pretty cheesy joke that invoked a few smiles in the class and that was good enough for him. Keeping that in mind, he was in a good mood.
As he finally managed to leave the class room, he felt a pat on his arm.
At first, a wide smile appeared on his face. It was the very person that was responsible for him even being in class today, except..

"Oh hey! It's you! Map-girl.."
as soon as he said that, he shook his head , laughing before continuing "Yeah that sounds horrible I'm sorry. Charms was.. Slow. Introductory class and all. I didn't really catch your name..."
He extends his hand out towards her with a big smile on his face.
"I'm Alex!"
He kept looking around to see if Odette was somewhere near by. He didn't want to deal with that situation again.

Margo didn't see anything wrong with being called Map-girl, so when the boy laughed at what he perceived an error she stared at him as if he'd grown a second head. Warily she offered her hand, scarcely tickling his as she shook it. "I'm Margo," she said, her heart sinking a little. She considered introductory classes a necessary evil - and they weren't even that necessary. Then again, the professors must have had hundreds of students to teach, so she forgave them for the embarrassment they were putting her through on a daily basis. "They're the worst, aren't they?" she said, shaking her head.

Suddenly observing that Alex was looking around, Margo turned to follow the direction of his glances. "Are you looking for someone?" she asked, a flush rising to her cheeks. How rude she'd been to think Alex wouldn't be meeting with his own friends after class! And now she'd gone and interrupted him.

Alex could slightly tell Margo was very careful about what she says and how she acts. He could read body language really well, after all the time surrounded by a large amount of muggles in a sub-urban area, he learned to predict emotions, and read already apparent ones.

Alex counter-acted Margo's emotions. He instead put himself out as confident and outgoing, in hopes some would transfer to Margo.

"Nice to meet you Margo." He said, with a smile still, it might hurt his face. It wasn't a fake smile, though, as Alex did indeed enjoy meeting new people.

"Well, it's not the worst thing that could happen. If owt, we don't have to do much, do we? Otherwise we'd be faffin' in our dorms with the homework."

He then noticed Margo's inquiring about his constant glances around. You're dumb, Alex, it's not polite to stare away while having a conversation.
"No, no not at all. I was just uh-.. Cautious, I-.." He started to lose himself in his own words, but he'd stop a second to clear his mind, chuckling before continuing. "I was just wondering if your uh-.. Friend was around. Didn't have the most pleasant moment with her last time we spoke."

Having had the positives pointed out to her, Margo reproached herself for having dubbed introductory classes 'the worst.' Now Alex was going to think she was a horrible pessimist - and who wanted to be friends with a pessimist? She smiled warily, thinking that seeking Alex out hadn't been such a good idea after all. She could have kept talking to Odette, who was probably all by herself now that Margo had left her.

Speaking of, Margo started, realising it was the Slytherin to whom Alex was referring. The hostility between them hadn't gone completely unnoticed, but Margo was surprised Alex hadn't found Odette pleasant. She was a very nice girl, she thought. Still, she wouldn't judge the boy for his own opinions, so she said innocently, "Oh. That's a shame. I think she's still in the student lounge." The Ravenclaw paused. "Do you want me to show you where anything else is?"

Alex shrugged, and sighed out of relief. He finally relaxed, and she could see his eyelids slide back down to the half of his eyeball instead of staring wide open in the search for Odette. He finally slid back into his normal conversation-mood. Speaking up:
"Oh, no that's quite alreet. I'll get meself a map as soon as I can, that way I don't have to interupt any more conversations!" He chuckled a bit, before continuing. "I'd just like to say thanks again for the directions, charms was pretty fun and I'd hate to miss that one."
He really liked talking to Margo and he was clearly showing that in the way he behaved and used his body language.
"You into Quiddich at all by any chance?

Margo smiled, thinking Alex could interrupt her conversations any day. Well, so long as Odette wasn't around. She felt it a real shame the two had taken so poorly to each other, but it was no matter. Margo would simply spread her time between the two of them - if Alex decided he wanted to be her friend, of course.

"That's all right," she said, ducking her head shyly. No boy had ever so much as asked her how she was, let alone about her hobbies, and her heart had begun galloping beneath her rib cage. "Not really... I was on the girls' hockey and netball teams at my old school, but I'm muggle-born, so I don't know very much about Quidditch." She paused. "Do you?" Perhaps he could teach her a little about it! She knew she had flying classes this semester, so she'd have been grateful for any guidance.

Alex laughed a bit, keeping a wide smile on his face as he cluelessly spoke up:

"Ah! Me neither, I've been playin' me some soccer back home, I'm muggle-born meself, but I know nothing about this. It seems like a very big deal here. I might try get into the house team in the future.. That is if I learn how to fly first. "
He chuckled once again.

"You say you're muggle-born, I guess we have that in common. Where you from?"

He was really trying to continue the conversation, as he enjoyed what little they exchanged so far.

Margo deflated a little. Oh well. Still, Alex did have a point - they had their blood status in common. Perhaps they could share with one another the struggles and surprises that came with descending from Muggles. "I'm sure you will," she replied. "Every first year has to learn how to fly. I expect you'll be really good at it." Unlike Margo, who was definitely going to be as clumsy in the air as she was on the ground - if not more so.

"I was born in Colchester, but I've lived in Reading since I can remember. You're from Yorkshire, aren't you?" Margo had never visited herself, but was familiar enough with the Yorkshire accent merely as a result of living in England. "I heard there's another wizarding school in Scotland. Do you know why we were invited to this one?" It was a question that had been on her mind for several weeks.

"I really do hope so. Hope you have some luck with flyin' as well" He smiled.
"Ah? Reading? I think some of me relatives live up in Reading. " Or at least he thought he did. He must have had some, right?

"Aye! I'm from Sheffield! White rose!" He was quite enthusiastic about his home, but he'd calm down quickly.

He turned serious for a moment to answer her question.
"I've thought about it meself, and my assumption, is that after the legend of Harry Potter and his adventures there turned into history, maybe there's no more room? All the wizard families want their children to go where Harry went? I don't know, either way magic is magic. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back