Accio... Swish with the hand, flick with the wrist...

Claude Harris

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
It was a quiet day in the library. It was raining outside, and it was great day to come study and read some books. But Claude Harris, a somewhat quiet and shy second year, wasn't doing much reading. Claude wasn't obsessed with his studies, but he never really made too many friends, and he became quite distant for most of his first and second year at Hogwarts. He wanted to fix all of this. Claude was here to make new friends in a way. but of course Claude wasn't going to find some random person and say, "HEY! LET'S BE BEST FRIENDS AND SHARE MANY MEMORIES TOGETHER," because that would most likely scare the person away rather than convince them into a friendship. So Claude figured he would practice his favoirte subject (Charms) and maybe someone would come to him. Claude found an area where no one was looking, pointed his wand at a book, swished and flicked his wrist, and said, "Accio Book...." Soon then after, a book came floating to Claude at a moderate pace. Claude then did the same to the book but instead said "Wingardium Leviosa...," and the book began to float in mid-air and Claude levitated the book onto it's spot back in the bookcase. It was sort of fun! And besides, Claude really was rusty on his spells, and he really needed this practice. Was anyone looking? If anyone was he sure hopes it was student, and not a teacher.

Sam sat in the library surrounded by a mountain of books and yet reading non of them. She had long since given up on the essay she was trying to write and had instead took to staring out the window down to the grounds below. Finally deciding she was getting nowhere she started putting the books back where they had come from. When the last one was back sitting on the shelf she turned to head for the door. On her way she stopped to watch a boy who was summoning a book from the shelf then returning it back to it's spot.

Sam smiled as she drew out her own wand. The boy had his back to her so she decided to have a go. "Accio book," she whispered and watched as the book he had just put back slid back out of the place on the shelf and towards her. She adjusted it so it seemed more like it was floating towards him hoping he wouldn't see her and made it drop at his feet. She then stepped towards him to introduce herself "Hey, hows the charms going?" She asked with a smile.

Claude swiftly turned around when he heard someone talked to him. "Hey, hows the charms going?" Claude, being as shy as he was, couldn't really say thank you without stuttering and blushing a bit. "They're g-good, thanks!" Claude looked down at his feet were the book was laying. "Wingardium Leviosa," said Claude as he levitated the book back into its spot on the shelf. "I'm Claude," said Claude sheepishly. He out streched his hand to shake the nice girl's hand. Claude then realized he didn't know her name, and immediately turned a bright shade of red. "Oh I'm s-sorry, I f-forget t-to ask you what your n-name is...."

Sam smiled as the boy stuttered she hadn't meant to make him nervous but thought it was rather amusing though not wanting to laugh at him after just meeting him managed to keep it as a smile. She watched as he once again levitated the book back where it came from with no faults. "Sam," she said reaching out and shaking the boys out stretched hand with her own. "You don't have to act so nervous I'm not going to bite," as she finished she once again smiled showing off her teeth as a joke. "So what brings you to the library today? Seen as it's clearly not to study," she asked pointing out the fact he seemed more interested in casting spells on books than reading them even though he was in a library.

Sam was definetley funny, that was for sure. Claude felt reassured by her easy going personality, and his stutter subconsiously died down a bit. "I'm just bored, practicing charms and what n-not." He sayed as he gestured to the books with his wand. "It's my favorite s-subject! My older siblings taught me charms when I was little, and I wasn't really good at them. My parnets were even-n really good at them to. You could even say we're a c-charming family!" Not only did Claude stutter on the punch line, it was also such an awful joke. "Oh s-sorry," stuttered Claude, "That s-sounded a l-lot b-b-b-better in m-my head...."

Sam noticed Claude's stutter die down a bit but never disappeared completely as he seemed to still be nervous. She smiled at the joke he made it wasn't quite laughable funny but she thought it was pretty good considering his nervous state. She did however laugh when he apologized for it "Well at least I know you think before you speak, even if it did sound better in there." She walked over to the shelf picked up a large leather bound book on potions and placed it on the table stand at the opposite side from Claude. "Alright lets see how good you are," she said indicating to the book "first one to summon it to them wins the other owes a chocolate frog." She smiled at the thought before starting "Accio book," and pointing her wand at the book.

A challenge. Sam had challenged Claude. What was he supposed to do? Does he fight back? A charms fight? This is intense. Which charms should he use? He only knew so many. All of these thoughts whirled in his head, practically in slow motion as Sam pointed her wand at the huge potions book and said "Accio book." Claude reacted as fast as he could. In a blur, Claude swung around and pointed his wand directly at a pile of paper next to Sam and sharply whispered, "Wingardium Leviosa!" A whole book's worth of paper shot up into Sam's face. The following happened in a huge blur- Claude pointed at Sam's wand as he chanted, "Depulso!" Without looking threw the flying pieces of paper to see if his Depulso charm did anything, he quickly swung back and pointed his wand at the book. "Accio Book!," He said as his wand shined purple. Papers were floating back to the ground, and they were about eye level now. It was all a big blur of paper and light now, and he had no idea what had ended up happening.

Sam took a step back as papers suddenly flew up into her face and she was taken by surprise. She couldn't see and had no idea what was going on she could just hear him shout to disarm her at which she tightened her grip round her wand pulling it into her chest to protect it. luckily though he missed and she had nothing to worry about. "what are you playing at," Sam said standing forward out of the paper now floating to the ground"Accio wand." She said pointing her wand at his catching it in her left hand as it flew towards her. "You could have given me a paper cut," she said with a small smile as she said it she raised her wand ending with "Wingardium Leviosa" pointing at the papers they raised in to the air and with one flick stacked back into a bundle on the table. "That wasn't quite what I had meant but I can see you certainly have a lot of skill in charms though clearly still a lot to learn," she smiled holding out his wand to him "but don't we all." She finished.

Claude stared dumbfounded at Sam. That did NOT just happen. "Oh m-my... you're very g-good, aren't you," asked Claude while nodding his head. He was just completely defeated by Sam and 'man-oh-man' did he feel dumb. Claude took his wand back politely and shook Sam's hand. "That... That my friend, was awesome. Now I dare say it is your turn!" Claude didn't notice, but he stopped stuttering. Claude pointed to the box of Bertie Bott's beans on the table next to him. He had bought them earlier, and they just ended up being Mucus and Troll flavored. "Whomever can come back with the most beans after scoping the whole library wins!" Claude went into action quickly. He gestured to Sam to hide behind a bookcase out of eye-sight from the rest of the library. "Wingardium Leviosa." The box of beans floated into the air. Once Claude navigated them to the center of library (almost on the ceiling), he swiftly cast his charm. ("Depulso!") The box shot back-wards and the beans came flying all over the library. This was very out-of-character for Claude, but he felt safe among friends (or so he hoped). "Alright, let's do this!"

Sam smiled and ducked her head as Claude complemented her as much as she was outgoing she was shy when it came to stuff like that. "Thanks but your the one with the book," she pointed out that the book was on his side of the table meaning he one even if he had been wandless. She noticed he seemed more at ease especially when he was the one to create there next game. She Smiled and nodded at the thought and moved in as Claude gestured her to so she was hidden from everyone else who was in the library. As she watched the box raise above there heads and out towards the middle of the library she couldn't help the nerves that crept up on her at the idea of being caught. She watched as the beans went flying through the library then with Claude's words set off to find them. "Yeah lets." Within a few minutes she had only collected a couple of beans and had a feeling that she was going to lose this.

Sam accepted the challenge, and they were off. After about a few minutes, Claude collected about 10 beans. He turned a bunch of corners, and everyone was staring at him. This was an out-of-body experience for Claude, having everyone look at him. He came to a little stack of about three beans in a corner, and he went to go pick them up, but then a small and frisky looking cat came to eat them. Claude pointed his wand at the cat, readying his Depulso charm to lightly tap it backwards. Claude was very good at intensity control on his spells. The cat shot him a dirty look, and Claude stepped back a little. Claude knew not to mess with an angry cat. He pointed his wand at the beans, and as the cat clearly understood the situation, it jumped at the beans. "Accio Beans!" Claude swiftly whispered this under his breath. The beans glowed purple, but they were clamped tight in the cat's paws. "Oh bloody hell. Fine then," thought Claude. "Accio Cat!" The cat floated over to Claude and he snatched the bean out of it's hands. The cat scratched Claude's face, and although he didn't bleed, it still stung. "Wonderful. Just, wonderful," thought Claude. Claude had scoped the entire library, and he figured Sam must of gotten the rest. "Looks like she won! That was awesome." Claude went back to the meeting place and waited for Sam to back so t hey could compare beans.

Sam quickly swept through as many of the rows between the high book shelves as she could before Claude got to them first. But her efforts seemed pointless she barely found any beans a couple here and there but not an exceptional amount she was sure he would beat her. She looked down at her hand wondering if she was even in double figures as she walked back to meet Claude who was standing waiting for her already. She smiled as she walked up to him stretching out her hand to show off the multi-colored beans within her grasp. "I don't think I did sio good," she said putting a fake frown on her face before breaking back into a smile "best count them then." She moved past him to sit on a chair laying her beans on the table and pulling out the seat next to her and indicating him to sit.

OOC- sorry took so long schools been busy just back after the snow here.

Claude sat down next to Sam and counted up their beans. "I have 13," said Claude, "and you have... 13. Well look at that! It's a tie!" Claude smiled as he gathered up the beans. He put them all into a pile and shot his wand quickly at them saying, "Scourgify." The beans flared with blue and green sparks. When the beans were done being cleaned, they were nice and shiny. Claude picked out the brown ugly ones and split the brightly neon colored ones between him and Sam. "Yum! I got a Butterbear one," said Claude as he softly chewed on his Bertie Bott bean. "What should we do now... Oh I know! Let's Duel." Claude had never dueled anyone before, but he was looking forward to trying.

Sam smiled when he revealed they had drawn happy to have kept up with him. She gladly took the beans he gave her putting in her mouth one at a time as she tasted all the different wonderful flavors "Thanks," she said to him. Sam wasn't sure what they would do now then Claude suggested dueling and she immediately started thinking of spells. "Are you sure?" She asked while pulling her wand out her pocket where she had put it while she ate "Don't want to end up in the hospital wing we'll need rules and we'll need to stick to them." Sam pointed out not wanting to end there first meeting with one of the stuck in a hospital bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back