Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Clementine
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Ebony Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
It was odd to be back in New Zealand after travelling for such a long time after he graduated. He didn't think that he would ever go back to the country but upon learning that his parents had been planning on sending Aubrey to Hogwarts New Zealand too, he decided to come back and rent an apartment to stay at just so that he could take care of her during the breaks. Before he could finally call the apartment his home, however, he needed to do some much-needed shopping. The apartment was still pretty empty furniture wise and so thought that it might be good to visit the Obsidian Harbour in search of really anything he could put in his new apartment. Minding his own business whilst walking through Obsidian Harbour, Teddy didn’t notice that he would be only a few steps away from walking into someone.

Annika was in a foul mood. She'd had to attend one of her daddy's prestigious parties and she hadn't been able to leave until it was too late to do anything else. She still had plans for the day, however, and needed to get up and do things even if she didn't want to. She almost didn't notice the other man until he was practically on top of her. "Hey!" She jumped back, clutching her purse tightly. "Watch where you're going!" She griped, straightening the hem of her pastel pink dress.

It wasn’t until it was already too late that Thaddeus noticed that he had just knocked into someone, a girl. Quickly gathering his bearings, he turned red out of embarrassment. ‘’I’m so sorry,’’ Thaddeus apologised, straightening out his shirt and running a hand through his hair to fix it. ‘’I was too engrossed in my own thoughts that I didn’t notice you. Are you OK? You’re not hurt, right?’’ he asked, worried.

Annika wanted to be angry with the guy, she did, but the way he was blushing was kinda cute. "I'm fine," she grumbled, readjusting the strap of her purse on her shoulder. "Be careful," she scolded, stepping around him and carrying on her way.

Smiling when the girl told him that she was fine, Thaddeus eased up a little. "Wait, eh, could I buy you a drink at least? To say sorry?" She didn't seem to want to stay long but he did feel really bad for not being more careful in such a busy place as Obsidian Harbour.

Nika hesitated when he stopped her. Usually she was all for other people buying her drinks, but right now she really wasn’t sure she was in the mood. Still, he was… oddly sweet. She sighed in defeat, turning and starting to the nearest shop. “I have ten minutes,” She told him sternly.

Thaddeus smiled brightly at the girl's response, following her as she walked towards the shop closest to them. "I'm Teddy, by the way," he said when he caught up to her. He allowed her to enter the shop first before he did and picked one of the tables near the windows. "Do you know this place?" he asked curiously, thinking that he already knew the answer to it, but it would be a good conversation starter.

Annika sighed, trying not to take her frustrations out on this person that was attempting to be nice. “Nika,” She responded shortly. “Who doesn’t?” She suppressed the urge to roll her eyes. She ordered a hot chocolate, crossing her legs and turning her eyes back to the man. “Teddy, you said?”

"It's nice to meet you, Nika, even if it is because I was dumb enough not to pay much attention," Thaddeus said, ordering a tea. "I actually don't know it, it must have been built here during the time I was travelling." It had to be that because he couldn't remember this place at all, and he used to regularly visit Obsidian Harbour whilst still a student at Hogwarts. "Yeah, Teddy. Short for Thaddeus, but I don't really like Thaddeus," he told her smiling.

Nika raised a brow. "Where were you travelling?" She asked out of curiosity, before smiling at his name. "I like Thaddeus. But I can understand. My full name is Annika." She rolled her eyes. "Does anyone call you Teddy Bear?" She asked idly.

"I'm from England so I mostly went travelling through Asia and Oceania," Thaddeus told Nika, almost wishing he was back in Australia again because he hadn't finished his trip yet when his parents asked him to look after his sister. "At least your name doesn't sound like something out of the eighteenth century," he chuckled. "No, no one calls me Teddy Bear, thank Merlin. What about you? Nicky something you often hear?"

Annika nodded. "I was born in Russia." She told him. "My sister found we had family in Arrowtown and works at their inn now. I moved over to see what this place was about." She shrugged. She chuckled. "Never more than once," she offered, sipping her drink.

Thaddeus listened attentively, finding that Nika had his full attention after telling him that she was born in Russia. ‘’And? Is it a nice place, the inn?’’ he asked curiously. He took a sip from his tea after blowing on it. ‘’I’ll remember to never call you Nicky again, then,’’ he said, chuckling slightly

Nika smiled. "It is. A bit cold, but I loved it." She sighed. "I do love the sundresses here, though," she ran her fingers over the fabric of her dress. "Good, you'd do well." She nodded approvingly. "Is this place much different than England?" She asked.

Thaddeus couldn't help but look when she mentioned sundresses, admitting to himself that he liked them, too. "For one, the weather here is way better than back home," he started. "And I think the people are nicer here, too, you know? A bit more… relaxed? Not so uptight." He found that he was much more relaxed whenever he was in New Zealand, which may have been one of the reasons why he had decided to stay here for his sister. "What about Russia?" he asked in return.

Annika drank her hot chocolate. "Very formal," she replied, "stuffy and cold and distant." She pouted, unsure if she was describing Russia or her father. 'I haven't gone to meet my cousins yet, but it should prove interesting," she mused.

Thaddeus had always had the impression that Russia was a formal and cold country, especially after a period of dictators running everything. "Sounds to me like our countries aren't that different from one another after all," he said with a chuckle. He frowned when she told him that she hadn't met up with her family here yet. "How come? You expect something to happen?"

Annika was silent a moment as she considered telling him. After a moment, she spoke. "My sister doesn't know yet. I was sent to tell her she's been disowned. She has food and lodging at the inn, but before I go to join her I have to become dependent on myself instead of Daddy's credit card." She informed him. She glanced at her watch. "I'm afraid our time is up, Teddy bear." She teased. "I'm off for an interview. Thanks for the cocoa." She smiled and stood.

Thaddeus winced at what Nika told him, hoping that her sister would take well to being disowned by their father. He wanted to know more, though didn't think that it was his business to know more about that. So instead he just smiled and nodded. He grinned slightly when she called him 'Teddy bear' but admittedly found himself a little disappointed that she had to leave already. Standing up as well, Thaddeus said, "Well, this has been fun, but it is unfortunate that we don't have more time. Perhaps we could do this again some other time?"

Nika smiled, readjusting her strap on her purse. "Who knows, we'll see what the future holds." She blew him a kiss, before walking out the door.

She didn't get back to her apartment until later that night. Yawning, Nika kicked off her shoes before letting down her hair and hopping into the shower. She relaxed under the hot water, letting the steam wash away the stress of the day.

Thaddeus smiled and sat back down again to finish his tea and pay for the drinks. He had often met people he would like to stay in contact with during his travels, but it didn't always work out. Still, Nika seemed interesting enough to get to know a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back