Former Model // Mother // Scarred
OOC First Name
Cole
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Set on Kimmara's 17th Birthday

Kimmara let out a sigh as she sat in her kitchen alone. Silas had promised her a wonderful birthday dinner when he returned from his modelling shoot, but she knew that wouldn't be until the next day. The petite blonde felt rather melancholy knowing she would most likely be spending this birthday alone. She had invited Mitch and Killy, but the two of them had prior arrangements it seemed with their family. She understood, and told them it was okay, but she had very few friends from her less than one year at Hogwarts New Zealand, and felt rather lonely sitting in the apartment alone. The only other friend she could count on was her tutor, Abel. He was a rather quiet boy, and friends with Killy. In fact the two wouldn't have met if it wasn't for her blonde companion, with whom she shared feelings for. Abel was a kind man, and Kimmy was thankful for his help in some of her classes. In return she became friends with him, and while she knew what she thought was a great amount, she always felt the need to know more as they talked.

Glancing over at the clock a small smile graced the woman's lips. Abel would be arriving soon, and to make life easier for him, she told him to meet her by the apartments pool. She wasn't planing on swimming, but she figured that the pool would be easier to find than her apartment. Dressing herself in something that would please the paparazzi if they were out there, Kimmara made the short journey down a flight of stairs and out into the back where the pool was. She smiled at some of the other residents of the apartment, but offered no words. She rarely talked to anyone other than her friends and brother lately, even the interviewers still couldn't get a peep from the blonde. She felt bad, but when people would talk her her, her mind sometimes seized up and disallowed her to say anything. She had gotten a little better around school, though she still rarely answered any questions in class. She knew the answer almost 100% of the time, but she couldn't bear to have all eyes on her.

Kimmara forced those unpleasant thoughts from her mind as she saw a familiar, dark haired male standing by the pool waiting for her. She was so excited that she would be having a friend over, Kimmy jogged to meet him. She had everything planned out in her mind. She was going to run up and cover his eyes, that way she could make him guess who. However her plans were more than foiled when she tripped on a pool noodle. She noticed her mistake within seconds, and in an effort to warn him got out a small yelp, before landing against his back with a thud. What happened next could either be described as a miracle or a disaster, pending on whether or not Abel could keep his balance.

Abel rarely, if ever, went out anymore. The only person he spent his time with on any regular basis was Killua, and that was almost always either at school, or Killua's house. And now, he was actually going to a birthday party. He could barely remember the last birthday party he had been to, probably his older sisters. It was hard to tell. They were all the same anyway. He pulled on his jumper awkwardly as his skin began pickling underneath it. He had bumps all on his limbs just thinking about this, but if he said no, he doubted Kimmy would ever forgive him. He had been helping her out for a while with classes, as Killua had put him up to it. 'You're the leader of the SDA!' he said, finding it ridiculous that Abel found it intimidating. He had taught Aliyah, so he had had no excuses to not help Kimmara, and it was not a decision he found himself regretting, unlike so many others. But he was not sure about this decision. He wasn't even going to have Killua there with him - or Mitch - to hold conversation when he lost things to say.

He looked around quietly, searching for the pool. He was told to find her there, and he had certainly located a large body of water. It was a lovely blue, and he began to regret that he would not be able to swim in it, even if she had swimmers available. The positioning of his scars meant that such frivolous things were not so easy, with people that did not know his secret. As far as he was sure, it was only Killy that new, and he planned to keep it that way. Preferably forever, but a part of him hoped that, someday, there would be someone else that would have to know.

He heard the yelp, but had no time to move as a body slammed against his back. He was already partially looking over the edge, and this push was more than enough to send him in. He had done his best to avoid dragging Kimmy in, and tried to keep her supported. But whether she fell in regardless, he was not sure as he resurfaced from under the water, and spat some water out of his water. Great. He was drenched, and so was her gift from everyone - a nice necklace in a little envelope with a card.

Kimmara felt like she was seeing her life flash before her eyes in the small moments that she was falling. She remembered the first time she'd met Abel, stuttering and laughing, but being too shy to bring up anything past her tutoring. The times she had offered him food and the times they'd just sat down and relaxed after practice. She remember the failed spells and the way he had laughed when she got herself tangled in the rope spell he tried teaching her. It wasn't until the cold water splashed her face that Kimmara realized just what kind of a situation she had worked herself into. She was going to mentally hex every child in the pool yard - something she didn't normally do. If it wasn't for the damned pool noodle today would have gone off without a hitch. Instead she was now submerged underwater, in a white t-shirt. Thank goodness she always wore a bandeau underneath, or her party would have gone from teens messing around to an r rated moment in history.

Finally breaking the surface Kimmy quickly made her way to the edge of the pool. She pulled her now heavy body out of the water, before reaching a hand out and helping Abel from the pool. "Abel, I-I'm s-s-s-so sorry. I w-was trying t-to surprise you!" She exclaimed. While she spoke in full sentences around the brunette boy, she still stuttered rather heavily, something she was sure she would do forever. Without hesitation, Kimmara grabbed hold of Abel's hand and pulled him behind her, while mutter sorry after sorry. It wasn't far to her apartment, but it was important to get him up the stairs to her closed off space before the paparazzi had a field day with her. Upon reach the apartment, still dripping wet from the pool. Her hair clung to her face and she looked to her friend, laughing slightly at the situation. "Wh-what a g-great way to start m-my bithday." She said with a small blush, an attempt at sarcasm evident. "I s-should get yo-you a towel. I-I bet you c-c-could borrow so-some of Silas's c-clothing too." She said before leaving to rummage, leaving him in the entry way of the apartment. He had time to look around if he chose as she gathered the towel and clothing for him, opting to change after him.

Abel ran his fingers through his hair, flatten it backwards and looking around. He had failed to stop Kimmy from falling in, and he regretted this. However, there was nothing he could do except watch her in order to make rue that she didn't drown or something. He swam to the edge and Kimmy's extended hand. He shook his head at her hand. "I can get out," he said, knowing that she would never be able to pull him out. He pressed against the side of the pool and hauled himself out, rolling, before getting into a kneeling position. He smiled slightly. "You succeeded, by the way," he added, standing up and tugging at his clothes, ringing them out. "You really did surprise me. It's okay, don't worry." It was her special day - and it wasn't the first time he had fallen into water before. He used to fall into the pond back home all the time.

He exclaimed softly as he was suddenly grabbed and led away, as Kimmy continually apologised to him. He tried to tell her not to worry about it, but it seemed like she was inconsolable. He chuckled as she did. "Yeah." It certainly was a great way. Nothing like both falling into a pool at the beginning. He tried to get her attention before she wandered off, but failed. He looked around, and entered a slightly feminine bedroom, assuming it to be hers. "I'm just in here," he called, before closing the door behind him. He placed her gift on her bedside table shyly, feeling that it was not good enough any more. He, Killy and Mitch had thought about it for a long time, but this was the best they could find. Kimmy didn't seem to want much else but friends - and it was a shame that only he could come to visit her. He began removing his soaked shirts, all four layers of them, and carefully putting them on the table to avoid making the floor more wet than it already was.

It didn't seem to matter what Abel said, Kimmara truly did feel bad. Her mind was only on getting him dried off, and then starting the real party plans. she had soda, and a cake. Along with chicken baking in the oven. It smelled wonderful through the house, of spices and Kimmara's only saving grace - her cooking. "A-at least I s-surpri-sed you." She spluttered, trying to make the best of a bad situation. She was soaked to the bone, shivering at this point, however she wanted to concentrate on getting Abel dry before herself. Kimmara had always been kind like that - she was told that was the reason she was sorted into her house. Her kindness and want to put others above herself were traits that Helga Hufflepuff would have admired. She was happy to see there was a house for such shyness as hers. And that she had no need to worry about her stuttering in class, as professors didn't force them to speak.

Finally inside the apartment, Kimmy left his side for a few moments. She needed to find him a towel, as well as pull the chicken out of the Oven. Once she had wet the floors sufficiently, she decided to head to her room. Her racing mind had not told her that Abel had called out to her, and she ignored the fact that he might have shut the door - as she rarely closed the door to her room. However, unpon entering her relatively conservative bedroom she laid eyes on the partial scaring that appeared to wrap around his back and to the other side. She should have been apologizing and she knew it, but her fascination with the scars kept her from doing so for a moment. it was only a step away for her to reach her hands out to them and gently brushed his skin. On Kimmara's arms came goosebumps, which showed just how captured the blonde was with his scars. "Abel..." She only barely said his name, her hand back to her side.

Since his attack, Abel had always worn several layers of clothing, just in case he had to do something, in fact, he was not entirely sure. It just felt necessary to keep as covered as possible. The pureblood was still ashamed of what he was, and he severely doubted that this would ever change. How could it? He was without a family because of this, and everyone he loved hated him because of this. Not to mention he could hurt people forever - subject them to the same pain he went through, and it scared him that he had the ability to do that. So when Kimmy touched him, he flinched away from her and turned around, having grabbed the first thing he could, which was her sheet, and looking at her. "Kimmy!" He exclaimed a little louder than he had intended. He wasn't sure if she realised what he was yet, but he didn't want to know. "I-I'm going to go."

Kimmara was taken aback by the way Abel exclaimed her name. She hadn't heard him speak so loudly before, and felt her heart thudding in her chest. She wasn't sure if it was contact with him, the yelling, or just the sheer fact that there was a shirtless man in her room. Kimmara watched him as he yanked her sheet form her bed, uncaring of the pillows that scattered in the pull. Her blue eyes met with his for a brief moment. She wasn't going to make a move, not until he said that he was going to leave. The blonde felt an internal panic. She didn't want to ruin this, she cared about Abel more than she should have. She felt like he and Killy were her only hope to getting out of the modeling world and having a normal life. With Abel's help in classes, and Killy's social teachings as she called them. In that spur of emotions, Kimmy slammed her body into his, wrapping her arms around him from behind.

Kimmy's forehead pressed against his bareback. This last ditch effort seemed unlike the petite woman, but she wasn't sure what else she could do in this situation. She wanted desperately for him to stay. She held him tighter still, feeling his hands move to hers. She was more than surprised, but mustered as much courage as she could to speak. For the first time in what seemed like a long time, she spoke clearly. No stutters in her sentence. "Please don't leave me alone Abel, I don't want to be alone anymore."

FIN​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back