Accidental Letters

Yiwen Marionetta

OOC First Name
Cole
Yiwen was excited to write to her newest friend whom she met over break. The two girls had exchanged home addresses, but Yiwen figured if she sent this to her home she might reach her house in time for the girl to perhaps receive it. or perhaps her family would forward it. Regardless Yiwen sat down and in her almost too feminine handwriting and began to write. It took a few drafts before the letter was up to snuff for the English teen. She then gave it to her owl and off he went!

</FONT>
letter said:
Hey!

It's Yiwen! I just wanted to write first to assess that i actually I have right address, and second to say I was so happy to meet a friend this past summer. Things were so hectic with my sister going to some art shows, it was nice to not have to be alone, and to actually have someone to talk to. I know that it's kind of hard to continue a friendship through owls sometimes, but maybe we can make arrangements and this holiday season we can hang out, preferably at yous. Zero has been a bit strange lately about me having people over - I don't know, she's getting more antsy about blood status and even though I know you're pureblood, I also know that she'd want to question your parents or something. Anyways this got longer than i meant it to. Tell me all about your break and school so far though!
<FONT font="monaco">
[/color]

Letter said:
Yiwen...?

I am going to assume that you meant for my sister, one of them, and she's not here, and won't be for a bit. I waited until we were at school but lost the letter. This is her older brother, Cyril. Um, glad to see that she's at least with the proper crowd. Also, don't bother questioning our parents. Our history speaks for itself.

~ Cyril

PS. Not sure if I should have written back or not. My sister never received your letter.

Yiwen was mortified upon reading the letter she thought would be coming from her friend. Instead it was her brother whom wrote back, which was at the least very polite. The blonde had taken at least two days to write back - if this was her brother he was a pureblood after all, and another potential friend. Though Yiwen didn't know how old this boy was, she could only guess if he was in school he wasn't too much older than she was. Finally after an hour or so of writing she responded.

</FONT>
letter said:
Cyril,
Well, I suppose a letter from another pureblood is a pleasant surprise at least. I hope I don't take time out of your day by sending another letter, but I suppose if I hang out with your sister I'd get to know you eventually right? I'm glad you've got a good history, my sister says I need to find the right crowd - and that it's easier once introduced to a few. Anyways, I guess I'd like to know about you. I'm Yiwen, and I have one sister. I'm a second generation pureblood, but my sister is my guardian so you wont be able to meet my parents. I paint a lot, maybe one day I'll show you. What do you do?
<FONT font="monaco">
[/color]

Yiwen,

I suppose so. Assuming that you are in Hogwarts New Zealand, where two of my sisters are, you are trying to write to Candace, right? Unless you wanted to get a letter to Nicolette or Kerryn before they left. I got cousins and whatnot over in that school. Howard or Huberta are likely from the same clan: mine. So, you can get to know them. I don't know or care about what second generation pureblood means as long as you are. Not sure why you mentioned meeting the parents... And I guess I could be a pen pal. I have nothing better to do right now. I learn martial arts and I am good at deciphering spells. I'm not artistic. I prefer more physical sports.

~ Cyril

</FONT>
Letter said:
Cyril,

Yes i am in Hogwarts New Zealand! I enjoy this school greatly, though I'm sure your school is just as architecturally and as artfully beautiful. Though you've said that's not your interest, so you must enjoy your classes. Since you have said physical do you enjoy Dark Arts, or perhaps quidditch? Personally I'm not so physical, but I suppose that might be due to the fact that I'm a bit small for my age. I've forgotten to ask how old are you? Are you close to graduating? If so what is it you plan to do with your future?

-Yiwen
<FONT font="monaco">
[/color]

Yiwen,

It is kind of meh. I guess if someone appreciates it anyway. I don't care about petty things like that. I enjoy the more hands on classes, so Dark Arts and Charms are my top ones, and Potions following closely. I am almost 18, in December. I am graduating this year. As far as my future, work in the family business or open my own martial arts studio. Or both. I am leaning on the latter though. Only for wizards with certain blood statuses. As far as Quidditch goes, I do enjoy the sport. I prefer the position beater though.

I suppose I should ask you about yourself.

~ Cyril Howard

Letter said:
Cyril,

Most people I know don't like pretty things. My sister is all about Art though, so I suppose that's where i get it from you know? Graduation must be so exciting to think about - I feel like my graduation is so far off. I know though once it comes I'll wonder where the time went. If you open up that martial arts studio I'd love to learn some. Zero says it's important for me to be able to defend myself magically and without my wand. She doesn't think I'll be good at wandless magic. She's probably right, but I'm more interested in charms.

Don't feel obligated to ask, Cyril. i don't want to bore you with my letter and talking all about myself. i prefer to learn about others. I'm a listener.Graduation isn't far away now that i'm writing this one. Any big plans not career related after school?

Yiwen
[/color][/quote][/font]

Yiwen,

Siblings do take a lot after each other. Though my sister is head over hills for some fellow here in my year named Sean Styx. He is pretty cool, but like anyone in that family, tend to be a little sour. At least from what I gathered. How far off is your graduation? My stuff will have wand and hand to hand combat. That way if you are without a wand, you can still perform some spells, and disable your opponent with your fists. That is what I want. But, you know a person named Zero?

I don't know what to talk about other than someone else. After all, I don't appreciate not knowing who I am speaking to, or rather, who keeps writing me. I plan on maybe seeing what the family wants to do. I know my sister just had a kid so I might visit her.

~ Cyril Howard

Letter said:
Cyril,

I've heard the Styx last name. I feel like there are some in my year, but I can't remember what house they're in. I'm a Hufflepuff and often times I feel that purebloods are not really Hufflepuffs - you know? Though I expected another house too so who am I to judge. As far as my graduation date, well maybe two can play the game of talking. Here I've enclosed a rather poorly lighted photo. If we can't meet in person over this break at least we can write knowing who we are talking to if we exchange photos right?

Cheekily,

Yiwen

Enclosed photos

Yiwen,

I wouldn't know how many are in that clan. Might be too many to count. Hufflepuff? That sounds like a really pathetic house because it has the word Puff in it. That is my opinion anyway. I don't really know or care too much about houses, except Freya was a Slytherin. I reckon I would be one if I went to Hogwarts.
Cute photo. Here is one of me. I have long hair, and I refuse to cut it. But that is me.

~ Cyril Howard

Enclosed Photo

Yiwen hadn't written in a month or so. She'd wanted to possibly meet Cyril but her sister had taken her out of the country for any break she might have had for a few art shows. Not that Yiwen was complaining. When she was finally able to come back and write it had been a little while. She hoped he hadn't forgotten her. She opened the letter and out fell the picture. Reading the writing inside the blodne blushed. "C-cute photo?" She asked herself. Tucking her hair behind her ear she eyed the photo before turning it over. She didn't expect anything less than a magical photo that moved, but she didn't quite expect him to be as cute as he was. Frankly Yiwen didn't know much about crushes or attraction because she didn't often think of it - it wasn't a part of her future. She wasn't like her sister Zero, with curves and a beautiful smile and so much energy. She wondered if it was better she hadn't met Cyril.

Finally she began to write back, deciding rather than to dwell on her thoughts, she needed to continue to make friends, and concentrate on socialization as a way to stand out in her future careers.

</FONT>
Cyril,

Your photo isn't quite what I expected, but that is in a good way. I rather like your long hair if I'm honest, it's unique and stands out. I'm sorry writing didn't quite take precedence for me. My sister took me to Paris for an art show, which was lovely. I think perhaps soon I'll start entering my own artwork into some shows. I know you said you aren't exactly into art but if I did would you come and see it? Sorry I rambled, please when you write back tell me all about what you've done since we last wrote.

-Yiwen
<FONT font="monaco">
[/color]

Yiwen,

I know. My hair is possibly my best features besides my muscles, but that's besides the point. As far as art shows, well, I guess I could as long as my schedule was freed up. I'm in the middle of trying to set up my studio for martial arts without getting in trouble for rejecting people with the wrong blood statuses. Oh well.
Well, my older sister had a baby with a shopkeeper at Ollivander's. Some man named Lancaster. So, I'm an uncle.

~ Cyril Howard

Yiwen read the letter and smiled semi-wide. He might come to the show if he could? That meant a lot to the blodne considering the boy said he didn't like art. Maybe she'd enter some paintings after all - maybe they'd be good enough for someone to buy. Or at least for Cyril to like.

</FONT>
Cyril,

That's so awesome to hear. I hope she is happy! My older sister always wanted children but she can't have them. So she sort of treats me like a kid - but I swear I'm not. Maybe on my next break I could come to the martial arts studio? I wouldn't mind learning, plus I think I fit the criteria yeah?

-Yiwen
<FONT font="monaco">
[/color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back