Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Karissa
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Rigid Cedar Wand with Doxy Wing Core
He had seen the signs when they were beginning to show, recognised them because he'd seen the same signs when his siblings were younger. Funnily enough, Mitchell never figured that his best mate's son, and his godson, would have magical blood in him as well. It was, however, a great relief to hear that Apollo was a wizard. It also made his own life a tiny bit easier by not having to pretend and lie anymore to his friends about where he went to school to before university and what kind of job he was doing - he didn't think he could lie to them for much longer either. Before the school year would start, the metal-charmer asked his friend if he could sit down with his godson and inform him of everything that would soon be happening in his life. Mitchell figured that if Apollo would have at least some knowledge of the wizarding world he wouldn't have such a difficult time once he'd start the school year there. He looked down at Apollo, wondering what kind of questions he'd be asking the man about the world he would enter come September 1st. ''So,'' Mitchell began to start things off. ''Your parents told me that you thought it was a prank they were pulling on you. Do you still think it is, or have you overcome the initial shock?'' He asked the boy.

If finding out that he was apparently a wizard and would go to a school where he'd learn magic and stuff was confusing, the fact that his godfather also was a wizard was just... nuts. He thought that Mitchell was involved in the prank at first, but after seeing the shopping area in Wellington and the little men at the bank, it was hard to pretend that all of this was a prank all of them were pulling on him for whatever reason. He agreed with his parents and godfather that the two of them should have a chat about what he could expect when attending the school in September. Apollo was happy that he wasn't entirely alone in this, well, he knew of course that there were other people with magical abilities now, for example, the girl he met in Obsidian Harbour, but it was nice to know that he wasn't the only wizard in his family. ''I'm still having a difficult time believing that it's actually all real,'' he told his godfather. ''Was it the same for you when you found out or did you always know that you were a wizard?''

He chuckled when Apollo said that he was still having a difficult time believing the fact that he was a wizard. ''Not really. See, I already knew magic existed because my parents used it around me and my siblings. It was only a matter of time before we'd all show signs of magical ourselves. I've seen it happen to you, too, though I was never quite sure if it was magic because of your parents and their blood status.'' Mitchell said. He'd try to explain as much as was possible though whether Apollo would understand all of it, he did not know. ''I've had a feeling of what you are since you were eight years old, however, I could never tell you or your parents because of the International Statute of Secrecy which forbids wizards and witches to show any signs of magic in the presence of Muggles. I do apologise for that, I'm sure it would've been much easier for you now had I told you then.'' Now that he had explained to the boy why people like his parents did not know anything about magic, he'd move on to what he was sure Apollo would be most excited about to hear. ''Now, I know that you've already bought your school supplies and wand. Are you excited about going to Hogwarts? Is there anything you're looking forward to the most or do you want to lay low for a while and watch it all happen?'' he asked.

If the Statute of Secrecy was an actual thing then Apollo could understand why Mitchell did not say anything about all of this to him sooner. However much he would've liked to have known about Hogwarts and magic sooner rather than later, he did not want his godfather to break the law over it. ''But now that Mom and Dad and I know about magic, you won't be breaking the law, is that correct?'' he asked just to be sure that he understood everything he was being told. Boy did he have questions about the school he'd attend for the next seven years of his life. ''First off, how difficult is it to learn magic? Will I need to, like, study every day and do magic in every class? Because I don't think I'd be pretty good at it in my first year there.'' He wondered what it would be like for other students there, students that had known about magic for ages and had grown up watching their parents perform magic every single day. Would Apollo be the worst student in classes just because he was a Muggleborn? He really hoped there'd be more students like him. ''Second, what can I do with this stick that I bought? Is that the thing I make magic with? And why does it have to be a stick? And can't basically any twig be used as a magic stick? I've played wizard before but I've never done any magic with those twigs,'' He must sound really stupid but hopefully, Mitchell would take all of it serious.

He nodded his head. ''Now that the three of you know, I am free to talk about it with you, yes.'' It was a good thing that Apollo caught on so quickly. He thought about what to say to the boy for a moment. He didn't consider magic to be that difficult to learn but then again, he grew up with. ''I think that it depends on how much attention you pay in classes. Even though I did not know everything about magic myself when I was your age, it wasn't that hard to learn and then perform as long as you do your homework and pay attention in class,'' Mitchel said. He didn't worry much about how his godson would do, however. Apollo seemed like a bright kid and did his best in school, so Mitchell figured that Hogwarts probably wouldn't be too difficult for him, even with his background. He laughed at the second question and thought that it was endearing that Apollo thought of wands as just simple twigs. ''That is indeed the thing you will be doing all your magic with. I honestly don't know why it's wands - I've not dug deep into wandlore as it is said to be really, really complicated. As so why normal twigs don't work as wands, I think it has to do with the wood wandmakers work with. Again, I've not studied wandlore so I might be wrong about this.''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back