Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
As soon as Marisol heard about a tutor program opening up at school, she knew she should sign up for it, as much as her pride kept telling her not to. But in the end her determination to get better at Charms won out so she sucked it up and signed up for it. Tonight was her first session because their exams were coming up and she wanted to get a better grade in Charms this year so she made sure to show up a little early. She showed up in the library where she figured they could get the most studying done and took a seat at an empty table, placing her backpack in the seat next to her for the tutor. She didn't know the person who was supposed to be her tutor but she hoped he was good at Charms at least.

Cairo wasn't the most sociable person. In fact he usually chose to avoid being social whenever he could. But he had signed up to be part of the tutoring program anyway, knowing that teaching someone else would help him retain his own knowledge. His OWLs were creeping closer by the day and it would be stupid of him not to make the most of his resources and take every excuse he could to study his subjects before his exams began. That day, Cairo was supposed to tutor a girl named Marisol Woods in Charms. He made his way up from the Slytherin common room, to the library to meet her, with his books and class notes in tow. He quickly spotted who he assumed was the girl sitting at a table, and moved to place his books down before greeting her. "Marisol, right?" He asked, making sure he hadn't approached the wrong person. "I'm Cairo." He then introduced.
<i>
</i>

Marisol had pulled out her notebook and had been doodling along the margins as she waited for the boy to show up. She had been halfway through drawing the moon cycle when she heard her name being called. Marisol looked up and nodded in confirmation. "Yeah, hi," she said, smiling a little nervously. "Nice to meet you," she added as she cleared her stuff for him to sit. "So what grade did you get in Charms?" she asked, getting right to the point. She wanted to make sure the boy was the best at the subject to teach her because she was going to need a lot of help.

Cairo moved to sit at the table as Marisol moved her belongings. "Nice to meet you, too." He responded. It was unlike him to keep up politeness, but so was being a tutor to someone else. The entire ordeal was for the sake of his own grades and if he did not do his best to tutor Marisol, then the time he was going to spend with her in the library that day would be pointless. "I have an Exceeds Expectations in charms." He then answered, moving to open the notebook he used in his fourth year that had all his notes from his charms classes. "It's not an Outstanding, but I have a lot of information here and I can help you cast each of the charms later on, if you're more of a practical learner, so it hopefully shouldn't be an issue." He then added, looking up to her and meeting her eyes as he asked her one final question. "Where would you like to start?"

sorry this took so long!​
<i>
</i>

Marisol nodded her head when he said he had an Exceeds Expectations in Charms, stating that it wasn't quite an Outstanding. "It's still better than my grade, so I'll take what I can get," she quipped, half smiling at him. She looked down at his notes, recognizing the lessons she was currently taking and nodded again. Usually her notes were just as detailed as his, but having been so frustrated with Charms lately she had gotten lax, so she appreciated this. She looked up at Cairo as he asked where she'd like to start and sighed. "Honestly, I feel like I understand all the material, it's just getting my wand to cooperate is the problem," she said a little defeated. "It's like it's so stubborn it refuses to perform the magic," she exaggerated. "Does that ever happen to you?" she asked with a hint of hope that she wasn't the only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back