A Winter Day Out

Austin Zhefarovich

Wand
Knotted 14 1/2" Rigid Cherry Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Austin, bundled in his black sweatshirt, and fingerless gloves now clear of the stupid paint that Hoshi had did or something, walked in the snow. He had left a message to Rosalie to meet him here. He did not know if Derrik had gotten his message about his day out in Brightstone and could possibly join him and Rosalie. Austin kicked the snow, and it did not seep through his boots. He was thankful of that. Smiling, his green eyes bright with happiness. He hoped that Rosalie would make it, before it got much colder.

Austin waited at the entrance, and fiddled with his special necklace he had always worn around his neck, waiting patiently.

Rose walked out side shivering in her black Pea Coat. She looked around and finally saw Austin. She ran over to him quickly still shivering from the cold. "Hey there." She said grinning as she approached him. "So what was all this about." She said interested in the reason for being out here in the cold.

Derrik was up in the common room when he had remembered that he was supposed to meet Austin and Rose to hang out. He got off from his bed and got himself ready. With his heavy jean jacket on and jeans, he walked out of the school and headed towards Brightstone Village. On the way it was snowing a little bit as usual. The snow was turning to be a little bit of an epidemic but Derrik didn't mind.

After walking for a bit, he ran into a couple he couldn't miss.

"Hey guys."

As soon as Austin laid eyes on Rosalie, he rushed to hug her, and smiled. He laughed, as soon as he pulled away, but his hands were locked behind her waist, "Well, I need a reason to be happy. I haven't had the best week. I almost got into another fight." He stared down at the snow. Austin heard Derrik's greeting, and said with a light tone in his naturally cold voice, "Hey Derrik! Glad you could make it." Austin put his gaze to Rosalie, who was still cold. Naturally, Austin was used to this type of weather.

Rosalie looked up at him and asked "With whom this time?" she looked behind her and saw Derrik come up. "Hey! What are you doing, I wasn't told who all was going to be here." She said "Anyone else?" She asked Austin still waiting on the reply about the almost fight.

Arisa had just finished an exam and decided to make another trip to Brightstone. She was wearing her pink tank top and jeans because she liked the cold weather. Once she was in brightstone she was walking down the street and noticed Derrik. She ran up and hugged him. "hey there" She said with a smile. Then she saw Rose and Austin. "hi Rose" Arisa said letting go of Derrik. "Hello Austin" She said looking down at the ground.

Austin gave an innocent smile, "Um, that one Slytherin girl. She kinda...pushed my buttons. I didn't hit her though. Another Slytherin with red eyes interrupted." Austin smirked, "I invited Derrik. I'm not sure whether he would bring his..." Austin faded off , seeing Arisa. Austin exclaimed, "The egg thrower is your girlfriend, Derrik?!" Austin bit his lip, and stared at the ground.

"Ahh there you are my love!" Derrik said as he turned around to hug Arisa.
"I was hoping you would get here soon." Now that everyone was here the group just stood as we all talked to each other.

Derrik heard Austin's words cut off.
"Um...yes she is." Derrik's face turned red as if he was ashamed or embarrassed.

Rose looked up at Austin and whispered "Watch it. If you start anything I won't let you live that one down." She said hoping he didn't have the ignorance to hit a girl, especially one that she was friends with. She tried to get out of Austin's grasp so she could go say hi to Arisa so maybe Austin would see that she was friends with her, and nothing better happen.

Arisa began blushing. She had been thinking of an apology all day just because Austin was friends with Derrik. "Austin im sorry i threw an egg at you, i shouldnt have been egging anyone, it was imature and not very nice" Arisa mumbled stairing at the ground. She grabbed Derriks hand and squeezed it tight.

Austin whispered, "She isn't the one I almost fought with. Arisa just threw an egg at me once and we shouted a little bit. That's it. I'll be good." Austin let Rosalie out of his grasp, and gave her a smile, to reassure her. Austin murmured, "Awkward.." He smiled at Arisa once she apologized. He grinned, "Sorry for being a prick too."

Austin gazed at the three, "So, what are we going to do? I kinda left that part out of the plans..."

Rose was relieved when she was let go with out a fight. "Hey Arisa!" She said smiling trying to lighten the mood. Then she turned back to Austin and asked "What are we doing here, you know better than I do, you asked us here." She reminded him smiling.

She walked back over to him and stood beside him, and whispered back to what he had said before. "Yes, maybe, but you gave her a look like you were going to do something." She said.

((prick =)) )

Derrik thought for a moment while he felt Arisa squeeze his hand. "Well I don't know. I figured that you had everything planed out Austin." Derrik didn't mind but now they had to struggle to think of what to do.

Arisa smiled at Rose "Im up for anything" Arisa replied in a cheerful voice still holding Derriks hand.

Austin gave Rosalie a wicked smile, "I haven't planned to do anything just yet... But now..." Austin bent down to gather a little bit of snow, made sure not to pack it too much. Without much hesitation, he tossed it gently at Arisa. "Payback." Austin smiled, and laughed softly.

Austin shrugged, "I always forget to actually plan on what to do. It's weird, I know. But well, the four of us should come up with something." Austin grinned, thinking he probably just started a snowball fight with Arisa, if it did hit her or not. That would always be fun...

Arisa laughed when the snow hit her. "well i guess i deserve that" She said. She got an idea. She rubbed her eyes and made one tear up. "Oops droped a contact, Derrik could you help me find it?" Arisa asked leaning down and began searching for the non exisitng peice of plastic.

Derrik got down along with Arisa to look for the "contact". He grabbed a piece of snow without Austin looking and whipped it right back at Austin.

"How do you like that?" he said as he dodge rolled away.

Austin, at first, gasped when she said that she dropped her contact. When Derrik bent down to help, he gave Rosalie an innocent smile, but felt snow impact him on the shoulder. Austin shot a playful look at Derrik, "At least you actually hit me." He smirked at Arisa, who had missed him when she threw the egg. Austin bent down, gathered some snow, before throwing it back at Derrik, making sure to watch his strength.

Derrik was hit, but not very hard at all. When Austin threw back the snow ball, Derrik was hit above the stomach. He doubled over in pain.

"Oh my god...that one hurt." He lay in the snow curled up in a ball.

"hey its not my fault you moved" Arisa said with a playful grin. She stood up and brushed her jeans off. "so what does everyone want to do?" She asked. This was fun she liked hanging out with Derrik with other couples. Arisa rushed over to Derrik "are you ok!?" she asked in a panicked voice. She bent down beside him and started petting his hair. She hoped he wasnt in too much pain but she couldnt do anthing about it.

Austin's eyed widened slightly when Derrik collapsed on the ground. Austin muttered, "I hope you really aren't hurt. Otherwise, I wouldn't know how you survive hugs." Austin felt some snow hit him in the back. It could only be Rosalie. He gave her a look and exclaimed, "You should be on my side! Three against one is so not fair."

Derrik got up with a handfull of snow and threw it at Austin.
"Darn. I had to do that the hard way. I was hoping you'd fall for a trick but I guess not." Derrik smiled as Austin was hit. On the other hand, he didn't mean to scare Arisa so badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back