A Way In.

Ava Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Ava walked along the cliffs of Hogwarts New Zealand. She had rarely been up here but she had felt like she was cooped up in the castle all day, which was partially true, except for the trip to and from the Herbology Greenhouses. Herbology was not one of Avas best subject, she even claimed it was her worst subject although she had never really given it much of a chance. The fact that she had to dig into dirt just 'killed' her. She was never really much of an outdoor person either, Ava would rather spend weeks in a shopping mall then spend a whole day outside. Yet there she was, walking the Cliffs of Hogwarts, alone.

It wasn't unusual that she was alone, Ava was alone a lot of time. Even though it didn't seem that way, it was true. Ava never really had a lot of friends at Hogwarts. She had always imagined herself as 'Ms. Popular' yet when the first week in her first year passed by and she had not made a single friend, she knew she wouldn't be swarmed with people. Ava did not complain nor did she tell anyone of her lonliness, this was kept to herself, if anyone knew or found out that Ava Prince was friend-less, the small bit of reputation she had would be lost.

Ava brushed off her outfit and brushed off any remaining dirt or moss on a large rock and then sat on the edge of it. She looked into the sunset and her blonde hair slowly moved in the fresh breeze. Ava was thinking about how she could possibly become popular, suddenly have friends. She needed a way in. A way in with people who were popular. This isn't going to happen by me mopping around all of the time she told herself firmly. Ava was going to do something about this, very soon, things would change for her, she just knew it.

Alyssa smiled lightly to herself as the breeze blew some of her soft blonde hair away from her face. As usual she wear wearing what she considered to be a Cute Outfit. Although the beginning of her year had been a bit of a bummer because of her defection from the Glam Squad, she was up and feeling ready to embrace the year. Although she missed her friends and being in that group terribly, she found herself being more liked and having more friends when she wasn't in it. But Alyssa was going to make a rebound and get herself back at the top of her game eventually.

Heading out to the cliffs for a quiet view she halted in her walking when she noticed a familiar face that she hadn't seen since last year. Smiling brightly she made her way over to the girl as quickly as she could in flats. "Hi Ava!" She greeted with a small giggle when she finally reached the blonde girl that she had met last year and enjoyed to be around. Just recently she had grown into her full 5'10 height and developed the type of body that most models dreamed of, but she probably had the Veela blood to thank for that one. "What are you doing out here all alone?" Alyssa lent against the rock and smiled at the girl, wondering why she was out here all alone and so mopy looking.

Ava continued to think about how on earth she could all of a sudden gain respect and have a known reputation from the students of Hogwarts New Zealand, when she heard a familiar voice, Ava turned her head quickly, Alyssa? "Hi!" Ava said returning her smile, Ava was shocked to see Alyssa Snow out on the cliffs at this time, alone? "Em..I don't know really.." Ava said her smile remained on her lips but it softened as she looked down at her hands that were rested on her lap. "I..guess I just wanted to think." Another shock to Ava, that was the first time she had said that sentence in her whole life. "I have this brat of a first year in my dorm." Ava said with a quick eye roll as she looked up at Alyssa once more. It wasn't until then that she realized how much Alyssa had changed since she last saw her, she was gorgeous. Ava could feel a small pang of jealousy in the pit of her stomach. She knew she would never be that pretty or that tall. "What about you? Out here? Alone?" She asked her, having to actually look up at Alyssa.

Alyssa snickered and sat down on the rock with Ava and let her long legs dangle over. At least the young girl hadn't changed greatly on her like everyone else seemed to be doing. "Hmm, I supposed I mostly out here to just catch a bit of fresh air before I start to work on my pile of homework." She answered with a small smile and shrug. When Ava said that she had this bratty first year in her dorm, Alyssa giggled, the first years seemed to be getting worse and worse every year. "What has she been doing?" Maybe there was a way to reason with this girl or not, or maybe she needed a good smacking. As Alyssa waited for an answer she surveyed Ava's outfit, which was pretty cute. The girl had strong potential, she just needed to grasp a hold of it.

Ava nodded and rolled her brown eyes slightly, she too had homework awaiting her when she returned to her dorm. She was only back at hogwarts a month and yet she was over her head in assignments. When Alyssa asked Ava what the first year had been doing Ava didn't even know where to begin. She couldn't exactly pinpoint a moment that made Ava hate her the most, it was just her whole appearance and personality that ticked Ava off. "Well, she wears the most obnoxious clothes." Ava sighed but a light giggle shortly followed. "She also is just like rude and stubborn. Okay, like she told me that my clothes were horrible and all she wears is tracksuits!" Ava said angrily, it didn't bother her much though, she wasn't taking any criticism from someone with no sense of fashion. Ava looked at Alyssa next to her on the rock, "She won't leave. I mean, I don't know how many hints I am giving her to leave but she just doesn't budge." She sighed heavily but this time it wasn't followed by a giggle. "So yeah...thats her in a nutshell." Ava said while she tucked a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear.

Alyssa scrunched her nose? Someone actually wore tracnksuits for an outfit, how gross! Glancing down at her outfit she smoothed it out as she thought about how much this girl probably would have ticked her off as well, no wonder Ava was upset about this new roommate. She was a fashion disaster! However, Alyssa had to attempt a bit a scad nicer, even to those who had no sense of fashion, so maybe there was a way to make both Ava happy and be somewhat nicer? "Have you tired burning her outfits?" Alyssa wanted to smack herself when those words came out, they were definitely not nice at all. Shaking her head softly she sighed, why was fixing her attitude such an issue.

"I would almost suggest that you move in the same room as me, but I just moved myself and don't really get along with some of my roommates either..." Actually, she was pretty sure she only got along with Hadan so far. She was trying to work on the others, but they were quite difficult to crack into, especially the one that Theodore was engaged to. She wished him lots of luck on that one.

Ava looked at Alyssa when she asked if she tried burning her outfits. Ava hadn't thought of that one. "That could work.." Ava giggled, although it all seemed good fun, Ava was seriously considering doing such a thing this time. She had not thought further on the subject as it was the next thing that Alyssa said that shocked her. Alyssa Snow suggesting me to move in with her? Me? Ava had to repeat the sentence in her head a couple more times to make sure she had heard what Alyssa said correctly. It wasn't till Ava repeated the sentence one last time that she realized Alyssa said 'I moved' and not we moved, "You? Did yo-" Ava turned her head towards Alyssa, What about the Glam Squad? The girls that Ava looked up to most. "Are you girls not all in Dorm #1 anymore?" She asked, hoping that Alyssa had just made a small 'slip-up' in her words.

Alyssa sighed when she assumed that Ava had finally figured out why she had moved out. The hardest part about this was admitting that she wasn't one of the anymore, they were her best friends and sometimes she missed being a part of them. But changes in her life had to be made, and she had met amazing people now that she was considered a free bird, even if she wasn't a part of that group anymore didn't mean she wasn't the same old Alyssa. She was still the Barbie doll the everyone dreamed of having, she was just cruising around for a different scene. Giving up her love for fashion, beauty, and cute things would never change, they were what Alyssa herself. "Yeah I left the Glam Squad, but don't fret! I'm still the same old Alyssa, I just needed a change of scene and such." She shrugged her shoulders, trying to show that it wasn't that much of a big deal and that nothing had really changed.

"Your not gonna hate me now are you?" She asked simply as he pale hands began to combed themselves through her silky hair. Ava could suddenly not want to be her friend anymore now that she wasn't part of that group that so many girls once dreamed to be in. If only they could see that all they needed to do was be themselves and they'd find all the happiness they were looking for.

'I left the Glam Squad'. Ava was stunned. She couldn't believe this. The Glam Squad without Alyssa Snow. Was there even still a Glam Squad? Ava was silent as she looked off the cliffs and into the sunset. "You le-" She began but stopped and turned, "Why? So many girls want to be you. So many girls dream of being in the Glam Squad. And you left. Just like that?" Ava's voice was calm and soft, she wasn't mad at Alyssa. She had no right to be mad. She was just a little confused. Although it appeared that Ava was talking about girls in general, girls in the school, she had really meant herself. "Of course I don't hate you." Ava said shaking her head, a small smile on her lips. She couldn't hate Alyssa. She was still her role model, in and out of the Glam Squad, that wasn't going to change. "How are the other girls taking it?" She asked Alyssa sympathetically. Ava couldn't imagine things were all that great with the three other girls of the Glam Squad.

Alyssa was relieved that someone didn't hater her, but it did sort of bother to hear how many girls wanted what she had and she abused her status. If only all those girls saw that you didn't need a clique to be all the things Alyssa was, or to have all the things she had. Forcing yourself to be cruel to people and shun people because they aren't like you is a foolish way to live your life. "I mainly left because I needed to do things without judging people like I had. I was being stupid, I don't need a clique to be popular or happy." In all honestly she had three people to thank for this point of view. Vincent, Hadan, and Nicolette were all some of the wiest group of people she had ever met. All three of them seemed happy being who they were, they never seemed forced or contained like Alyssa had felt. "Who knows, I may come back to the Glam Squad someday, I just need to take a break from trying to be perfect..." She shrugged lightly before she turned and smiled to Ava, she hoped this would crack something in the young girl. She didn't want Ava trying to become miserable trying to be something she wasn't.

"Actually, I still get along with most of the girls, they understand." Alyssa said after a moment of thinking. They didn't seem to hate her, but she didn't know if they would ever let her come back and become best buddies with them like she had. They might be upset with her still..

Ava listened to what Alyssa said. It made her think a little. That was what Ava did and beleived. She judged people and she believed she needed to be popluar to be happy. She had never really thought about things like that, that was just how she was. She was Ava Prince. Just like Alyssa is Alyssa Snow. A look of confusion spread across her face, she didn't want to change, not now. Although Ava knew that Alyssa was doing the right thing but she couldn't and wouldn't change who she was. She was now confused more then ever, Ava looked down at her hands on her lap, hoping to hide the face of confusion. She couldn't even bring herself to respond to what Alyssa had last said, about the Glam Squad girls. Too many thoughts ran around her head, she was unable to form even a short answer.

Alyssa could tell that Ava was confused and understood that, poor girl was probably still in shock about hearing about all of this at once. Maybe Alyssa really did fit in with those girls more than she had thought that they would. "I do miss those girls like crazy, they all really knew how to cheer a girl up, maybe if I return...I could ask them and see if you could move in with us." the Glam Squad wasn't what was making Alyssa nuts, it was her own fault that she had become who she was. Her problem was that she needed to sort out her own issues, she had believed that being who she was would make her happy when it wasn't. 'I suppose I really need to talk to Isabella..' Would they even want her back after she had left? the first step to doing anything was probably to make sure that Isabella understood that it wasn't them that had become the problem, it was Alyssa who had been consumed herself with all the nastiness.

"Don't worry about it kiddo, thinking too hard will give you wrinkles!" Alyssa clapped her hands as she tried to snap herself out of the mood she was currently in. She would talk to Isabella, and that was final. If they did let her back then she'd explain it to all of them, if not then she would understand. but she wasn't about to let this put a damper on her mood, Ava came here for a break..not a lecture. "Have you gone shopping at all lately?" This was always a really mood picker-upper for Alyssa. Clothes, boys, jewelry, and chocolate always had a way of working it' way into her heart without even trying very hard.

Ava had to laugh, not a giggle, an outright laugh, "Me? Moving in with the Glam Squad?" Ava said with almost a mocking tone. "They wouldn't want me.." She said quietly, she wasn't even sure if Alyssa heard her or not. Ava didn't know where all of this was coming from, usually Ava came off as someone who was quite sure of herself and maybe sometimes even a little vein. But sitting with Alyssa all of her thoughts that she thought secretly came out, all of her insecurites were showing. It was embarassing almost. "But thanks for the offer." Ava said looking away from her lap to look up at Alyssa just for a second or two. It would be a dream to move in with the Glam Squad but she knew it wasn't going to be possible.

As Alyssa said that thinking too hard would give her wrinkles, Ava had automatically brought her hand to her forehead, where she found her brows in a constant furrow. She quickly released them and giggled sweetly, "Thats true." Ava smiled, Alyssa seemed to be someone who could really help her at a time like this. She was like an older sister but also a friend. "Yes! O.M.G I went over the Brightstone weekend and I bought the cutest dress!" She said happily, she was indeed happy with her purchase. "It came at a price but was sooo worth it!" She giggled. Money was never a problem for Ava, most of the times she wouldn't have to look at the price tags of things. "Brightstone usually never really has a lot but that day was an exception." She continued. Brightstone didn't have a lot of selection of clothes..well compared to London which was her usual shooping spot.

Alyssa almost felt bad for the girl, she seemed really admired the Glammies, even to the point where she thought that they were immediately going to reject her. Over all they usually weren't as mean and snobby gave them credit for, Alyssa always thought they were really great girls, except when they got angry but that was understandable. "You never know..." Alyssa wasn't going to promise anything because it wasn't really her say. But she did have a good knowledge about what kind of girls they often liked to hang with.

"You and I sooooo have to go shopping together sometime!" Alyssa squeaked in delight when she heard Ava express her delight about buying a dress, which happened to be one of her favorite items to shop for. Dresses, cashmere sweaters, and boots were always the first things she looked for. Plus if Ava liked dresses then she'd adore visiting her moms shop; "You and I could totally visit my moms dress shop sometime." She tucked strand of her hair behind her ear and grinned at the younger girl.

[So sorry. School was crazy this week! :correct: :doh: ]

Ava smiled at Alyssa in a 'thanks' sort of way, although she couldn't really being herself to say the word. Ava wasn't expecting a 'Yes' or anything but it was more than nice of her to ask. She realy was confused but she figured that she would think about it later, in her dorm, she didn't want to bring Alyssa down. From talking to Alyssa at that moment she realized that many people didn't knw what they were talking about byy claling the Glam Squad snobby, Alyssa was probably one of the nicest people she met. Ever.

Ava nodded excitedly, her smile widened showing her straight white teeth. "I would really, really love that!" She exclimed clasping her hands together in excitement. "What? Your mom owns a dress shop?" Ava asked almost in disbelief. Although when she thought about it, it all made sense. "No wonder you have such amazing clothes" Ava giggled. She would love if her parents owned a dress shop, or at least one member in her family owned a dress shop. But none of them did, however they were quite connected with people who designed clothes and owned boutiques in London. It wasn't the same but it was close enough.

Alyssa nodded her head happily as she monitored Ava's reaction of hearing about her mother's dress shop. Most people around here didn't know about the shop because they weren't into designer clothing or labels like she and hers friends were. In fact she was pretty sure that she had to do some major cashmere sweater hunting soon, all the ones she had bought before spring were getting sort of boring to look at. "Maybe I should ask Vincent if he wants to go shopping with me during out next break." Alyssa muttered to herself as she stared down at her outfit for a moment. "Oh sorry.." She realized she had nodded off and grinned apologetically at Ava.

"I actually model a lot and they give me a bunch of their clothing after the shoots, so thats where I get a lot of my clothes." She shrugged her shoulders, admitting that a lot of these clothes she hadn't gotten on her own. She totally would have if she had the chance, but they were usually given to her so she didn't have to "I would totally offer to let you borrow some of my clothes, but I'm a little to tall for that." Although Ava wasn't extremely short, she was nowhere near the height that Alyssa currently stood. She used to hate hers legs, but now she was a bit more comfortable with them than she used to be.

Ava had picked up some of the words that Alyssa muttered, she had definitely picked up 'Vincent'. "Vincent?" Ava repeated with a girlish smile, "Who is this Vincent guy?" She continued happily, giving Alyssa a small nudge in her side. Ava could always talk about boys, in both good and bad ways. She didn't know how many times she praised and moaned about Sterling but she was officially over him now and was ready to browse her choices. Although none had caught her eye so far, Hogwarts boys were not attractive.

Ava giggled, "I really would have loved that, maybe in a couple years time though? When I - hopefully - have grown and hopefully you would have stopped!" She said looking at Alyssa giggling, Alyssa had grown extremely tall in just a few months, Ava hoped that it would happen to her like that. The sooner the better. However she didn't hate her height or her figure right now, she was in fact quite comfortable with her appearance, but a few extra inches wouldn't hurt? "But thats so cool! You're like a model!" Ava squealed excitedly. Alyssa certainly 'ticked every box', she had the beauty, the height and she was someone who Ava imagined could pull off anything.

Alyssa rolled her eyes playfully when Ava nudged her, the girl must have already realized that he wasn't a Hogwarts boy. She was rarely ever seen with any of the boys around here, most likely due tot he fact that they were either far too old, too young or just obnoxious to the point where Alyssa wouldn't bother. "Vincent is actually a good friend of mine that goes to Beauxbatons. He models too." She honestly wished she could say she was dating him, but she wasn't going to lie or dream about things that probably would never happen. Smiling down at Ava she decided to test and see if Ava had any better luck in the boy department than she currently did. "What about you...any boys catch your eye yet?" Alyssa had a coy smile on her pretty face. Sure Ava was young, but Alyssa herself happened to meet her first crush and boyfriend in her First year. It was a dumb decision for her, but she was beyond over it now.

Nodding her head softly she agreed to let Ava borrow some of her clothes when the younger Slytherin was possibly a bit taller. She doubted that Ava would ever get as beastly tall as Alyssa currently was, but only time would tell. Being tall did help her model, and many people liked her long legs. The only issue with it was that she towered over some people and it got a bit annoying at times. "I'm already taller than my brother, he gets so angry over it." She rolled her eyes thinking of how upset Theodore often got when she mentioned him being shorter than her. Her father claimed that Theodore would get quite a bit of height on Alyssa, he just hadn't reached that point yet. So until then she was going to live it up to the fact that she was taller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back