A Warty Situation.

Freya looked at the girl. She too had lost family, that she knew but not much else. Perhaps that's why Freya felt a connection with her, she didn't know, but she knew that Bellatrix had something on her and she needed to deal with it.

"But Bellatrix," she used her first name instead of addressing her like in school. "What did you hope to gain? You are black mailing me, what do you want?"

"Y-You to leave me alone..." she stammered, suddenly, all the hurt showing within her eyes. Her stone cold eyes...the glass broke...revealing a broken eight year old. Never able to move on. "Y-You lie to me..."

The girl Freya had been waiting for had suddenly arrived. Her heart ached with the torment she saw in Bellatrix's eyes but she knew for some that hurting that much was the only way to climb out of the darkness and toward happiness.

"Bellatrix, I didn't lie to you. You never asked." a smile fleetingly brushed across her face. "The man Vladimir killed was my husband. My soul mate, the father of my child." Small tears began to well up in eyes. "What could I do? I couldn't let him go unpunished and the ministry were no help in bringing him to justice. I had to do it myself." She took a seat on the cot beside the young girl and stared ahead while she continued. "It took me along time to find the right person and I'm not proud of what I did, but it was what I had to do to survive without him." Freya's shoulders sagged under the weight of her sorrow. "I never meant to hurt anyone close to me, but...if I had to do it again I would. And I'm sorry if that hurts you." She turned to look at the girl now and was visibly defeated. "I hope you can forgive me for not being the person you thought I was, and I understand if you want to turn me into Professor King, I really can." Her head lowered and she was no longer the strong woman she was at the beginning of her nightmare. Her only hope would be that her son understood. As long as he loved her, she could stand any punishment she got.

"N-No..." she stammered softly. "I won't do that...for it seems that if I could, I would be hypocritical. I have done plenty of things, that should make me be expelled...but I am still here. From the kindness and pity of others. B-But..." she said stifling a broken sob. "You have lied to me...for you profess to care what happens to me. No one has...no one who has ever said they loved me have stayed. I've almost been deceived...that it seems as if that is what you are trying to do...deceive me once more with your kind words...only to leave in darkness..."

Freya sighed with a little relief. She felt a little guilty being happy that she would not be exposed but this girl that sat before her had lost as much as she had and at such a young age, perhaps they were more alike then she realized. "Bellatrix, I'm not going anywhere. Whatever gave you that idea?"

She picked the young girls hand up and held it in her own. Looking into her face to show her sincerity she continued. "I've been travelling all over the world for almost 11 years now, looking for the monster who killed my husband. I've missed raising my own son because of the hatred in my heart. And now I find myself free of the burden of revenge. I can breathe now the fresh air of life, and I see the world I've been hiding from. I have a second chance with my child. I've found a job that I like and while I don't have many friends, the ones I've found are precious and I don't want to loose them. I would not leave now to loose all I have gained in such a short period of time." Freya squeezed her hand to indicate that she whould be counted in that small group of friends.

It shocked Bellatrix and took her a moment to realize what was happening. She was crying. Tears. Something that seemed her stone heart could never produce but here they were. She trembled slightly, listening to the Professors words, words or promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back