a walk to the lakefront

"It shouldn't matter what age we are, but if you want to just be friends, really good friends then its okay"Blane said with a sigh.

"Age has an awful lot to do with it. We're just children playing a grownups game. I don't know any of the rules." she didn't want to feel this bad, "And of course I want to be your friend. That's what i've always wanted. You mean alot to me!"

Blane just nodded, what could he say. He liked Andromeda, he loved her. He never thought when he came here that he would met someone like her. Blane knew he was a bit more mature for his age, he had been through a lot more than most others. Blane looked out at the lake, not knowing what to say.

Andromeda stayed sitting in the crook of his arm. Her head felt heavy and her heart felt sore. Above all else Blane had been one of he first friends she had made here and she didn't want to lose him as a friend.
What was her aunt Carla always saying - relationships come and go but friendships last a lifetime.
"Are you angry with me?"

"No, of course I'm not angry with you." Blane said "If friends is what you want us to be, then friends we shall be. Plus I would never be angry at you, I wouldn't want to lose you as a friend. Your one of the first friends I had here and to lose you as a friend, would be" but Blane was unable to finish. He knew what he wanted to say but couldn't. "Though I would very much like to meet you uncle. To get to know him."

"Well you can pop up to see him at the hospital wing any time I'm sure!" she told him. Her heart was really heavy now, she wanted to cry but didn't want him to see her doing so.
She stood up and brushed the grass from her clothes.
"It's been along day Blane. I'm going to head back to my dorm. I will see you around won't I?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back