A walk outdoors.

Keera Harlight

Keera had asolutely nothing to do. She had been sketching so much lately that her hands were getting sore and she was running out of ideas for what to draw anyway. She decided to go for a walk around the grounds, instead. She may find something that will inspired her to draw when she returned to her dorm.

She was glad that she had dressed the way she did, as the weather wasn't exactly perfect. There was quite a chill in the air today . As she put her hands into the pockets of her purple cardigan she wondered if there was even any point in being out here. No one ever seemed to want to talk to her anyway. She'd just wander around until she got bored and eventually make her way back to the slytherin common room. How boring, she thought. Who would have known it would be so boring coming to Hogwarts. All she wanted was someone to talk to.

Kyle took a break from the dorm and headed out to the lawn, it was a nice enough day after all and staying couped up in his dorm simply seemed a waste of it. As he strolled about he realized that many of the students were milling around in groups, had he really spent so much of last year being a closet case. He had promised himself that it would change this year, he would turn it around and make some friends. One or two would be fine, one or two besides his room mates at least.

He spotted a girl about his own age and decided as she was on her own that he would attempt to do a meet and greet, hoping he wouldn't frighten her off with his lack of tact.
"Hey there, nice day. What you scribbling?" crap... had he really said scribbling? would she get offended and storm off. Kyle shoved his hands into his jeans pockets and waited for her reaction.

Keera was considering turning around and walking back into the castle when she heard a voice speaking, and she assumed they were talking to her. But scribbling? Keera wasn't even drawing. She was just walking around, thinking about drawing.

She turned around and saw the person who had spoken to her was a boy, who looked not much older than herself.
"Uh, I'm not scribbling anything!" She said, raising one eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

Kyle simply wanted to face palm and run a mile. He really wasn't any good at this stuff. He had only been thinking himself about scribbling a few letters to his family and as soon as he opened his mouth it was like the two merged. It was true of many guys that they couldn't multi-task but Kyle thought that him not being able to speak and think simultaneously was just taking that too far.

"Um, nothing. I didn't mean anything. I was thinking about something else entirely" should he just walk on now, she probably already considered him a total goof ball and to imagine he was a Ravenclaw.

"I'll um... let you continue. Sorry for interupting".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back