A walk for something different

Joan Agile

Joan had decided to take a break from work and go out to Brightstone Village. She didn't really have a purpose for going. Maybe just to look around or actually buy something. She had been thinking lately about finding a new person to live with. Get on with life once again. But she wasn't too sure about it. Trying to get her mind off of that, she began to slowly walk around.

Zion and his band the Deveraux Despair also known as Sugar Ray weren't on tour for a while now. He was pleased that he finally was able to take a couple months off, away from his other bandmates, who seem so eager to return. It was taking a toll out of him, and he still hadn't decided if he wanted
to do a epic world tour year yet. If they did decided it would just mean more fame for Zion, for some reason his decision was still undecided.

He was edging more to just being a wizaring band, his mind focus into deep thoughts as he wander the streets of Brightstone. He was wearing sunglasses to hide his identity, along with a linked goatee. It wasn't much, but it worked for a while, no one seem to recognise him. His face was shield by a onyx hoody, as he continue on towards his destination to the old Hogs Head.

[Not much, sorry its been a while with Zion]

Still aimlessly walking around, Joan saw a face. She didn't fully see it but a thought did come to mind. "Where have I seen that face before?" Wanting to get an answer, Joan slowly followed him. Now Joan was never this type of person but suddenly something came over her.

Once he came to a halt, Joan spoke up. "Uh..hi there." she said in her sweet voice. She moved her hair behind her ear trying to ease her nervous feeling.

Zion stopped as someone had came in front of him, it was bond to happen sooner or later. He looked up as he played a smile the usual he would give to a fan, when he notice it was someone he hadn't seen in ages. "Joan? Is that really you?" he asked, his upper lip curled up giving her the most charming smile. Zion couldn't believe he had bump into Joan, a girl he had went to school with back in Hogwarts Scotland. She was a hufflepuff as he recalled, and Zion a Slytherin. "Its a small world after all." those words were ment for his thoughts but had spilled from his lips.

"Z..Zion?" Joan couldn't believe it. She hadn't seen Zion since she left Hogwarts in Scotland.
"Its been what seem like ages? How have you been?" Joan quickly hugged Zion. So many past time memories began to come back. Joan let Zion go and gave him a warm smile.

Zion laugh, "Yeah its me." as he return the quick umbrace, still couldn't believe he would bump into her out of the blue. "I've been well, touring here and there." he replied casually."What about you? What are you doing down here?" he tug on the side of his sweater, his light leather jacket on top of him was making him kind of hot. He slipped it away from his torso and fling it over his shoulder.

"I've been okay. I've been through a lot but I'm pulling through. I'm actually on a bit of a break. I work at the Hogwarts here as a nurse. I took the job because I needed it and...I wanted to be closer to my son. He's a student there as well. A third year already. Where does the time go?" Joan said as she dozed off into a thought but was quickly brought back when Zion took off his light leather jacket. It didn't reveal much but Joan could tell that Zion had been working out.

"Touring? So you're a musician now?"

Zion was shocked but not so surprise that Joan had bore a son. "Oh you have son? Must be rewarding." he stated his smile never leaving his lip. "Didn't expect you out of all people to be a nurse." he joked, holding his glasses as he took a quick glance at her frame. Still has the same....oh oh he thought looking away with amusement knowing she would catch him checking her out. "Oh don't tell me you had forgot? Little scrawny Slytherin boy who always follow a hufflepuff girl. Who he extremely had the hots for." his blue optics rolling up playfully, recalling a old memory. "Always playing songs just for her?" he said with amusement.

"Oh don't remind me Zion." Joan said as she began to blush. All the memories came flooding back. Joan never thought that she'd get the old hots for Zion again. Just meeting up with him was enough for Joan to go insane. "And yes I am nurse. I never thought of it either but its quiet easy. Derrik, my son, always came to help me out when I'm sick. I want to return the favor to others...even though I hate being in hospitals."

Once more, Joan moved her hair. It was a dumb move but it helped calm her down.
"So you good is your music career?"

"Oh that's great. So I'm guessing its that new sister school I've heard so much about." he played his glasses on his white tee slinging the handle down his shirt. Man he hated packing so heavy, saying a few words under his breath his leather jacket was gone so was his fake goatee. "Well I'm on break right now, just these disguises are humiliating, and it could be rather exhaustion touring. But its not so bad." he admitted his eyebrow raise as he express his lifestyle. "I'm on break, thinking twice of not crossing over again. Anyways besides your career and being a mom, how's life?.

Joan laughed.
"Well that's what you get for becoming famous Zion." She watched as he slowly took off bits and pieces of his disguise.
"Life is just....life. It wouldn't be the way it is without the job and being a mother. I've gained some different friends. Not in a bad way but a good one. Pearl is pregnant once again. I do hope that everything is okay considering her husband died. I'm sure she'll do fine. She's a trooper. But I'm trying to get settled in again. Trying to move on to better things you know?" Joan probably just hinted that she still had feelings for Zion. She felt so weird because she had done it absentmindedly. Her cheeks flushed a bit once more.

Zion had to rethink who Pearl was, did they go to the same school as well? He couldn't remember, his memory or somewhat of it had disappeared."Well that's good. he said, something most woman always want to hear. "I'm sorry for her lost though give her my regards." he sympathise enough to make it sound sincere. "So who's the lucky guy?". he asked not taking the hint she was flirting. Inside he was grinning stupidly because there was no guy. He felt a spark of fire flame up once again.

"There is no lucky one...actually my husband has been dead for a while. I've been okay with it really. I still think of him now and then but I see it this way. I think it would be better to let go. I'm not saying to forget about him but always keep him in my heart and mind but move on." Joan had a little sadden expression but it quickly faded away as fast as it came.

"I've actually been trying to find someone new. I heard that Pearl has been seeing someone new. I haven't really met him but when she said that, it just got me thinking ya know?" Joan said he a small grin.

"What is wrong with me? Why am I getting all these butterflies again? I haven't gotten these in years!"

Zion gave Joan a cheeky grin seeing her blush again but acted so smooth. "Would you like to get a drink with me Joan?" he ask casually. Sliding his glasses back on, the Autumn sun beaming down her hot figure. "or how bout we make it dinner for tonight. I am free for a couple months now." making his words sounds so tempting.

"Um..sure. For old times sake. As for dinner...sure. I'd like that." Joan could feel her face turn bright red. Never did she think that she'd ever get together with Zion. She did have a crush on him bu now the feeling was different. Butterflies were just buzzing around like crazy and they wouldn't go away.

"Um...how will I be able to find you?" she asked very softly.

"Well I'm staying at the Harbour. Under another alias name course, its Willard Steels." he laugh ducking down towards a shady part of Brightstone. "Try not to show my self as much in public. Anyways, any place you prefer?" he wanted to make reservation, well reserve which ever place she had wanted to go with him. It was better they bought out the place, so they wouldn't have many fans baggering while having his casual date with Joan.

"Oh okay." Joan laughed. She never thought that she would have act all secretive about hanging out with Zion. But after all being a musician is quiet hard. They need their own time off.
"I don't really have any place in particular. Whatever you think is good I'm okay with it." She decided to leave the choice up to Zion.

"How about the malls restaurant or we could go to a better one just near Harbour?" Zion didn't mind it whichever she go with, he just wanted to have enough time to catch up. He was beneath a tree, it wasn't much coverage, yet it was enough to hold longer into their conversation. "You will have to tell me or I'll take you to a disco." he tease laughing as he held her gaze with his.

Joan's face almost dropped at the word disco.
"No please. Anything but a disco." she laughed. "I prefer a restaurant like normal people." she laughed once more. There was practically no way that she would be able to calm herself down. All she could think about were her past memories with Zion. Apparently her emotions where winning.

"It doesn't have to be anything that fancy but if you care to impress me, go right ahead." she said with a smile. Joan was curious to see how far or how much Zion would spend to win her heart.

Zion laughed his lips widen showcasing his pearly white teeth. "Leave that all to me sweets." he rubs his hands in a suspicious way. "I'm just glad I get to cancel by interview tonight, even though I'm not on tour, still piled up with loads of other stuff, including market advertising for the band." he explain his busy schedules to Joan. "I'm just glad to be able to recall a few memories with a old friend." he cheeky smiled his eyebrow raise in a hyper expression.

"Well considering you have a very busy day a head of you and you made time for me, you should get ready. As for myself, I'll have to find something appealing and awesome to wear...if only I could remember where my cloths like that are." Joan felt embarrassed now. She never did shop for herself because she was supporting Derrik. And all she ever got was things handed down in the family.

"So...I'll guess I'll see you later?" she spoke while giving a warm smile.

"Definitely, just meet me near Harbour walk or whatever form of transportation you prefer." he continue to smile as he got ready to depart from her. Leaning forward to place a kiss softly against her cheek, he turned away to leave. "See you than beautiful" he stride quickly, looking back he smile but within minutes he was gone. He was used to rushing to places by now, especially when he had to get away from his raging fans. Now all he had to do pick out his own set of clothing, write a few urgent letters to get ready for tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back