A walk before transferring.

Rukevra Vanderzuk

Having had enough of studying for his end of year exams, Ruki took it upon himself to head out for a walk; to clear his mind, and focus on his fast-approaching transfer to a different school; situated in New Zealand. He couldn't really see why he had to change schools, not that it mattered much. In the four years he had studied at Durmstrang, he had never really became introduced to anyone in particular. Most of the people he knew where either class mates or Quidditch team mates. His time here wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. Maybe a change was something for the better.

Ruki sighed as he strolled through the castle, scuffing his feet every now and then to make things slightly more interesting. The work he was doing for his exams seemed pointless now. Being inside this castle he felt trapped and emotionless. Even though he was well disciplined, Ruki just wanted to enjoy himself for once. Thoughts moved on once again, as images of New Zealand appeared across his mind. "Hogwarts." he muttered. "It had better be worth it.".

As Fenton left his DA classroom he heard a younger boy mutter something about Hogwarts and instantly his attention was captured. His curiousty peaked he walked over to him and vaguely recognising him from simply being about Durmstrang, Fenton eyed him curiously.

"Hogwarts better be worth what?" he was itching to know which Hogwarts but would be damned if he was going to ask. If it was New Zealand then Fenton was of the mind that his fate and destiny were definitely to be there. Everywhere he seemed to go these days that infernal school was mentioned. He had been sorely tempted to just get his parents to yank him out of Durmstrang now and be done with it but knew his getting into Hogwarts depended alot on his performance academically. He had promised his parents he would not slouch off in his studies even a fraction.

Not a second had past before Ruki's thoughts where interrupted by a question. Turning his attention to the direction of the owner, Ruki's eyes fixed upon someone he had never spoken to before. "Hogwarts what?" Ruki began to ask, before realizing he had previously muttered allowed. "Oh. Hogwarts. I'm transferring there for next year.". Ruki looked over the seemingly older student stood in front of him.

"I don't really see why I just can't stay here. The school better be worth the move.". Ruki once again grumbled. As much as he was desperate to leave Durmstrang, he couldn't help but feel attached to the place.

Fenton leaned his tall lean frame against the wall, much to the annoyance of a portrait of a rather droll looking old man who now insisted on complaining of his lack of a view and could the young man kindly move. Fenton simply ignored him as he listened to the younger boy.
"Which Hogwarts?" why he was punishing himself like this he didn't know but it seemed to matter to him, the boy looked about her age and if he was transferring there would or could end up in her class. This rackled him greatly, as an almost menacing streak of jealousy soared through him. He really had to get a handle on his feelings for her. Unrequited anything was damn well pathetic and Fenton knew he was bordering on the down right insane where his feelings for Andromeda were taking him.

"This place isn't all it's cracked up to be, I'm transferring next year as well to the Hogwarts in New Zealand".

As one of the portraits which adorned the castle walls complained about a lack of view, Ruki tried to place the student whom was now leaning against it. He couldn't seem to remember his face, nor had he heard his voice before. It didn't appear to him he was on any of the Quidditch teams, but maybe Ruki just wasn't paying much attention; which seemed to happen a lot during games. He was actually rather amazed he was still on the team.

Words came from the older student. He was transferring too. "New Zealand. Yep. That's where I'm headed." Ruki responded. Talking to someone new before leaving seemed a little strange wherever you where, but as neither of them where staying it wouldn't really matter much. It was debatable whether or not they would continue to talk once they reached their new destination.

"I'm somewhat hoping the transfer will bring about a little needed fun to my life." Ruki sighed. "Everything here just seems.." he paused. "..depressing." Ruki finished. "How about you? What's the reason for your leaving these walls?". At least this conversation was taking his mind of the exams.

Fenton finally pushed himself off the wall and glared at the picture before shaking his head and beginning to stroll, his long legs simply made each stride seem languid and unhurried.
"Is that the reason you're transferring? For a bit of fun?" Fenton studied the boy with even more curiousity than before, "don't know if that's the best reason for transferring but it sure beats most of them I guess."

He decided it was safest not to mention the reason why himself, Aries and Harrison had all chosen to leave the school. The fact that the other two had been able to do it long before now, didn't mean anything. The same reason still applied. The school was a treasure trove for future dark arts wizards and witches and no matter how much he had hoped it was otherwise, he was proved right in his estimate every day.

"I have my reasons" he said enigmatically, not giving anything away or caring one way or the other.
"So what's so depressing about here?" he was kidding of course, every thing about this school from the portraits to the professors was depressing. He would be glad to be rid of the place come September.

As the older student began to walk, Ruki decided he may as-well follow; since it was what he had intended to do in the first place. The next set of words from the older student made him chuckle. If only that was truly the reason he was transferring. However, it was due to his parents complete lack of morale fiber that he was being dragged half way across the world to be placed into another one of these stupid and pointless schools.

Listening to the response given for Ruki's own question, he wondered if this older student was chasing after something too. Or maybe he was just sick of the place. Many people had left the institute over the past four years, some of them had their parents take them; and others without family just up and left. Ruki couldn't seem to understand the reason why he wanted to stay. He hadn't really gotten to know anyone during the time spent enclosed in walls of darkness.

Another question was sent his way. "What was so depressing." Ruki thought to himself. Was he the only person to sense the air of freedom during the weekends. He figured the older student must be joking. After all he himself was leaving for some reason or another. A reason he didn't appear to be overly enjoyed about.

"The fact that we are both leaving this dark hole, yet neither of us seems to be cheerful about the very thought.". Ruki knew this was a typical feeling as soon as he entered the grounds of Durmstrang. All emotion seemed to drift away. As if there was a hex placed upon the students, preparing them for something much darker. He cast a grin towards his fellow student. "Would you not agree?".

Fenton laughed heartily and slapped the younger boy on his back.
"Trust me I am jumping for joy on the inside. It's hanging about here until I get to go there has been a bit moody" he looked at the boy again and held out his hand to him, "Fenton, what's your name?"

He would know in another two days or so whether his application was accepted, if it wasn't he'd be stuck here for another year. What wasn't depressing about that? He was also told that if he transferred with his grades in the condition they were, his next school would have to drop him a year. He didn't mind this really, he might even try harder if he did actually make it into Hogwarts. For now he had to act like he was staying put though, no reason for any senseless hoping one way or the other.

Being slapped on the back made Ruki question the respectfulness of the older student. Formalities where something else Ruki had been taught from an early age. Playful slaps between acquaintances came later. Ruki couldn't complain though. This was the first time he had had any interaction with students he hadn't already introduced himself to years earlier.

The older student had chosen to introduce himself first this time. As he held out a hand for Ruki, Ruki followed suit and met the guys hand and proceeded to give a sturdy shake. "ROO-kev-ra." Ruki pronounced. He never knew where his name came from. He wasn't really sure on where he was from, since his parents where always moving around from country to country. New Zealand would just be another one on their list.

Releasing his grip on Fenton's hand, Ruki continued to walk. "This magic stuff certainly comes with its troubles." Ruki sighed. How different would he feel if he was an ordinary muggle. Would he have a better relationship with his parents. Ruki knew he couldn't change what had already happened, but if there was a chance; he would most certainly try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back