A talk to comfort

Benjamin Carla

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Benjamin streched himself as he stepped out of the car. It had been a long journey, driving to the out skirts of New Zealand where Carla Manor was located. He couldn't understand why his mother didn't allow him to use Magic ways of Transportation, after all he was official adult now. She kept on saying that he had to wait till he graduated. Dumstrang had a two week Fall break and so this teenager had come to New Zealand to spend the time with his mother.

Paying the taxi driver, he waited for the taxi to drive out of the entrance and then did the feather light spell on his luggage and walked towards the Carla Manor. It had a long drive way before the actual entrance. It was almost noon and Benjamin was hungry after having not eaten the frozen flight food.

The main purpose of this teenage being here in this break was to comfort his mother. In Kasey's letter it had been mentioned how lonely Lila was feeling. Both Kasey and Benjamin were feeling guilty about doing this to Lila.To forbid her from seeing the man she had spent some time with, Roswalld.

But after having discovered the truth behind their father's death, the kids could not help but feel very sad on the lonely and sorrowful life Lila Carla had made for herself. It was only work and more work. She was anti-social, no friends, nothing. Benjamin was here to change that, to change his mistake. And then of course he could visit places around New Zealand and chill out.

Maybe he could even meet some girls here. He knew how much the ladies of Dumstrang missed him. He had recieved three letters already, each from a seprate girl mentioning how much they felt his absence while he was gone only for a day yet. Benjamin would of course have to melt heart of girls wherever he stepped foot. For now, it was New Zealand.

Lila Carla was aware of the fact that his son was coming to stay with her for two weeks. It was very sweet of him. She had told him that there was no need and she was perfectly fine yet her children had been writing to each other and had planned on something which Lila did not know yet.

She had asked her house elf to clean the enitre manor, although she told her that every day today it was for a special purpose. She had prepared a meal specially for Benjamin. For starters there was french fries and french fries. For main course she had made smashed potatoes and rice, vegetable curry and steak. Although Lila and Kasey were vegetarian, Ben wasn't and therefore when he came non-veg was cooked in the Carla Manor. Cake, brownies, ice cream, pudding was going to be for dessert.

Lila had taken a day off from the Ministry. She was very happy at the prospect of seeing her son. She was dressed in a long turquoise, back-less dress. Although it would just be mother and son, Lila couldn't help but show her happiness. She waited for Ben at the gates after the drive in.

Her eyes spotted her son. He had grown an inch taller in the past year, looking more matured and handsome. She smiled at him and walked forward and embraced him in a hug. "How is my Benji Wenji doing?"she asked still hugging him.

Benjamin looked at his mother and a true smile came upon his lips. He hugged her back and then frowned as she called him 'Benji Wenji'. "Mom you can't call me that" he protested as he walked inside the manor with her. "I am fine. Got 6 straight Outstanding in my NEWTs" he told her with a wide grin.

"Thought I'd chill for a while in New Zealand" he said as he put his rucksack on the couch. He looked around their huge drawing room. It had very expensive furniture and paintings and candles. He walked to the dining room which had same matching chairs and a center table.
"Wow mom, you have taken great care of this place"he said with a smile.
"How you been?"he asked Lila as he sat on one of the chairs.

"I am hungry, whats for lunch?"he asked as he smiled at his mother. The sight or anything related to family was something Benjamin cared for. He didn't care about anything else in the world apart from his family and his own future.

Lila smiled as Benjamin said that she could no longer call him Benji-Wenji. It had been his nickname when he was young and no matter how old he grew he would always be a kid for Lila. "Thats great news. Just like your father" she said kissing Benjamin's cheek. Lila smiled with pride after hearing her son performing so well in the NEWTs.

"The house elf helps alot"
she said looking at the dining room's ceiling where hung a crystal chandelier. Showing Benjamin all the food items she had prepared for meal she said "All your favorite" and served him french fries and a slice of pizza.

"I have been good. Work is increasing at the Ministry with so many forgeiners peeping in New Zealand every second" she informed Benjamin as she served herself with some food. "I took a leave today but I am afraid I cannot stay with you tomorrow" she told him with a slight sigh.

Lila had recieved a few letters from a few of Benjamin's classmates. Some mentioning how cool he was and some girls who complained about him breaking their little hearts. She knew his son, he was a major flirt and no matter how much Lila explained him Ben wouldn't let go his habbit. After all Steve had been a big flirt in his school days and old habbits die hard. She didn't know what would become of the girls in New Zealand.

Taking a bite of her delicious pizza she asked Benjamin "How is Daniel? Why couldn't he come with you?"Although Daniel was not his own son, since two years the boy had been a part of the family. He was an excellent gentleman, with the best behaviour, handsome and clever. Lila had sensed some argument between the kids last time they were here but she couldn't find out the reason but she was going to try her best to dig out what exactly was the reason of their arguments.

Benjamin grinned looking at food. There was so much to choose from and Ben wanted a bit of everything because it was all his favourite. "Thanks Mom" he said with a smile as she served him with starters. "Am I a forgeiner too?"he asked grinning his forgein accent showing clearly in his deep but polite voice.

"Thanks Merlin they gave you a day off. You work too much" he complained Lila as he chewed on some french fries. "And I never hear you chilling or attending a party" he said with a frown. "You used to be the social icon of parties at one time winning halloween gifts, this and that" he continued chewing on his food and then took a sip of butter beer.

Ben frowned on hearing Dan's name. They had been arguing lately because Daniel Olsen fancied Kasey. At one time Kasey did fancy Dan but Kasey had told him clearly that she did not want any long term relationships yet the boy kept trying his luck, writing to her and attempting to kiss her when possible. I

t was Ben's kindness that Daniel was still allowed to come here. "He is currently doing his OWLs" Benjamin said as a matter of fact. "Like Kasey he is very studious" he explained Lila. "She wrote to me that the OWLs start next week and that she is coming here to spend Winter holidays" he said brightly finishing his pizza and taking another slice.

"No Benji, you are no forgeiner" she said with a smile. "Although your accent says different" she added with a laugh. As Benjamin mentioned parties and Lila not attending them anymore, she sighed. After Steve's death, she was a widow. Her life had become so sad and lonely and in this situation she saw no reason to celebrate. "Some things have to change with time" she said her tone filled with sorrow.

"Its time you guys party not me"
she said trying to change the topic by adding a fake chuckle. "Oh yes" she said as she chewed on her pizza. "Maybe we should suggest Dan to go to Hogwarts New Zealand" she said thoughtfully sipping her butter beer. "After you graduate he'll be lonely there. If he schools with Kasey he'll get some company" she said wanting to hear Benjamin's thoughts on this. Whatever it was that she did not know, Lila was going to get it out today itself.

"I hope she gets all Outstanding. She has been working very hard missing the first holidays. If she could have come then she could have met you and Daniel" she said with a smile looking at Benjamin's expression. "No matter, you all shall see each other in the winter break" she said cheerfully.

Benjamin couldn't help but frown at the idea of shifting Daniel to Hogwarts New Zealand. "No mom.." he said opposing the idea at once and taking a sip of pumpkin juice to think about a reason as fast as possible. "I mean... He won't like here now. He likes at Dumstrang and he also has friends there" he said knowing fully that it was a down right lie. Daniel had no or a few friends and he was anti-social and leaving him there would surely make him lonely but that was no reason for giving Kasey a problem that she was fed up with.

"Yeah she'll see us during winter" he said thoughtfully. His mind was racing with thoughts as to how Kasey and Dan will behave with each other after all this. Whatever happened, Lila wasn't to know about this and therefore he decided to change the topic. "You know Jon, I have invited him for lunch during Christmas. Is that okay?"he asked hiding his grin. Kasey and Benjamin had decided to try and make Lila meet Roswalld Hollwarth and the Hollwarth kids who schooled with them were thinking along the same lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back