A Surreal Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celebi Kovalenko

OOC First Name
Cole
Sexual Orientation
Alessio
Celebi Kovalenko was more nervous being at the great hall than she had been preparing for the dance in the first place. Her nerves stemmed from knowing that this dance she had a date, a good lookin. Date, her first kiss kind of date. The blonde toyed with the braid in her hair, waiting for him to emerge from the dorms. Upon seeing Octavian Celebi could feel her face heat up, and she dug her shoes gently into the floor, looking anywhere but at him for a moment. "You look... great." She said, trying to maintain a somewhat normal complexion. Once she ascertained that he was ready the pair headed down to the ball. Celebi didn't know whether to offer an arm, or if contact would be uncomfortable, and so she stayed rather stiff, heading into the crowds of people all there to have a good time.

Octavian hadn't originally planned on attending the Valentines ball but then Celebi happened and he just couldn't resist going to the ball with her. Once he was dressed he made his way down to the common room to meet Celebi who was waiting for him. "You look stunning," He said kissing her cheek. Once they were both ready they made their way to the great hall for the dance. Octavian could tell Celebi was nervous because she seemed stiff. "Hey, relax we're here to have fun right?"

Celebi smiled at Octavian, cheeks deepening in color at his compliments. She wished she had the articulating abilities he did, but her nerves got the best of her always it seemed. When he asked her to relax she gave a small smile. "I'm just nervous because you're super good looking and you seem like you're probably cool and I have no idea what I'm doing I mean I had never even kisssed someone till you, and now I'm doing this thing where I start talking and I literally can't stop." She said, her voice getting slowly quieter toward the end of her ramble. "I'm sorry."

Octavian laughed when all of a sudden Celebi couldn't stop talking and she told him that her nerves came from the fact that she thought he was so good looking and she didn't know what she was doing. "Its okay, you know you are beautiful too and a lot of guys would be nervous as hell around you, I just happen to not get nervous," He smiled at her. "and for what its worth, you're a pretty good kisser,"

Celebi couldn't help that feel no matter how much he reassured her, she was only becoming more embarrassed. Her heart did flips behind her ribs and her stomach tossed and turned with excitement and worry that she would screw this up somehow. Taking a deep breath mentally the blonde finally remarked in the best flirting voice she could manage, "yeah? Then you wouldn't mind if I just..." The petite blonde leaned up and gave a quick peck on the lips to her date, and just as fast She she was there she was gone. Her face vermillion and eyes pointed downward. "Should we... dance?" She asked trying to distract from her embarrassment.

Octavian was a little surprised when Celebi suddenly leaned up and kissed him. Before he could enjoy the kiss or really kiss her back she had pulled away. From what he had seen it had taken a lot of courage to do that and he admired that. "I don't mind at all, in fact, I hope it isn't the last time tonight," He grinned down at her trying to ignore the colour her face had turned. "Lets dance," He agreed pulling her over to the dance floor and placing his hands on her waist.

Celebi was glad that Octavian wasn't bothered by her being as spontaneous as she could manage, his pearly white smile and remark instead filled her with a little more confidence than she had. The girl, whom once surrounded by the high heels and extravagant dresses of others, felt self conscious, wondering if she should have worn higher heels. The blonde tried not to think to hard as she and Octavian made their place on the dance floor, his hand son her waist and her arms gingerly around his neck. She looked up into his face, giving the most relaxed smile she had all night. "Thank you for asking me to come with you." She spoke, leaning up a little closer to his face so she didn't have to shout. "I'm glad you found me the day Leo left me on the lawn."

Octavian was enjoying having Celebi in such close proximity and continued to move with her in time to the music. He smiled down at her when she thanked him for asking her to the ball and for finding her in the courtyard the day she was blindfolded. "Believe me it was my pleasure," Octavian watched as Celebi leaned closer to him. Maybe she was just doing it so she could hear him better over the music and the other couples but Octavian had a different thought and leaned forward to plant his lips on hers.

This was Alessio's last dance and he thought it would be nice to hang out with his friends at the school for one more event. His sister had decided to go, as he’d found out, and he was really happy that she was back at school with him. It had been a little lonely without her, she was the one who could cheer him up within seconds. Alessio looked at all the people who were here; there were, surprisingly, not many yet. Maybe it was still early. The seventh year was about to say something to his sister when he saw something he rather wouldn’t have seen. "You have got to be kidding me," he said through gritted teeth. Celebi was his friend, he knew that. Just a friend. So why was he feeling protective all of a sudden? And...jealous? She was kissing someone - someone who wasn’t him. Alessio wasn’t normally one to cause trouble or make a scene, but somehow he just couldn’t let it go. He had learned that he had feelings for Celebi, it just took a while for him to realise. A little too late it seemed. Before anyone could stop him, he approached the pair. "What do you think you’re doing?" he asked bluntly, his stare fixed on Celebi.

Celebi was caught off guard once more when Octavian leaned down to kiss her. The blonde would admit she was much more prepared this time, and rather than freezing up was able to return the favor. Gently, with only a small amount of confidence, the blonde kissed her date until once again she was interrupted by someone else. Brown orbs snapped open and travelled to meet with the Italian man's own as she realized just what Alessio had seen. It wasn't as if she was trying to be an inconvinience to him, but he's been fairly clear with a yellow rose that they were just friends. The thin girl however still felt her face heat up a mixture of embarrassment and guilt filling her body. "Of-Octavian asked me to the dance." She said quietly. It wasn't as if he had wanted to go with her!

Octavian wasn't happy that yet another one of his kisses with Celebi had been cut short by someone interrupting. Did this girl have some kind of security detail that he didn't know about? He stepped back a step and watched the exchange between Celebi and the boy. Another boy jealous of her kissing someone else, she certainly was popular. "Look, pal, we're in the middle of a date here do you mind?" He said squaring up to him. If this boy had feelings for Celebi and hadn't acted on them then that was his problem, he had no business getting in the middle of their date.

Alessio almost felt bad for putting Celebi in the spotlight like that when he heard her response. He hadn't meant to be that rude or stare at her, but something about her going with another guy bothered him, a lot. His gaze softened a little, someone else had asked her and of course she had agreed - how could she possibly have known Less liked her? He had been too late. When Celebi‘s date told him they were in the middle of a date, it took everything not to punch him square in the face. His fists were still clenched, and him calling it a date was like a blow to the stomach. "Yes, actually, I do mind," he said, glaring at the boy even though he didn't know him. Before he did anything to get himself into trouble, he grabbed Celebi‘s wrist and started pulling her away from the boy.

Celebi watched Alessio's stiff body language but it did nothing to remedy her confusion. The blonde instead only became more so, watching his clenched fists by the side of his body. Did he have something against Octavian? Perhaps the two of them did not get along. Whatever the reason the tension was so thick it could be cut with a knife. "Less..." She was nearly about to say something to her friend when he took up her wrist and tugged her along, inching her away from octavian. She looked back at her date in confusion, but without any intelligible words on her lips was left without anything to say in regards to the situation.

Octavian smirked when the boy squared up to him, he was in no mood to lay down and have his date stolen. If he wanted a fight Octavian would happily give him one. When the other boy grabbed Celebi by the arm Octavian was quick to take hold of her other. "Excuse me, what in Merlin's name do you think you're doing?" Octavian snarled not breaking eye contact with him. "What about the lady's actions make you think she wants to go anywhere?"

Alessio took Celebi’s silence as permission to drag her along, he wanted to talk to her in private, but the boy’s actions were stopping him from doing so. He knew that the other boy had a right in enjoying his night with Celebi but Alessio didn’t care. He couldn’t handle it. He noticed he took the girl’s other arm which only made him more angry. "I’m doing what I think is right. Is that a problem?" he asked as calmly as he could. He could hear how wrong his words were but at this point did it even matter? "Well do you Cel? Want to go anywhere, I mean," he clarified, only speaking to his friend. He was purposefully ignoring the boy (he refused to call him her date again). He took a step closer to her. "Celebi, he isn’t good enough for you." There. He said it.

The blonde girl was more than caught off guard when another hand reached out and grabbed her opposite arm. What was she, a rope to play tug of war with? She yelped in surprise looking between Octavian and Alessio, and both seemed fairly angry. What was she supposed to say? When Alessio asked her if she wanted to go anywhere she felt her face flush, Why was he trying so hard to get her attention suddenly. He never seemed to want it before. Then everything came to light and Celebi knew that it had to be something between the two boys. Standing as if she were the flag in the middle of the rope she wanted to sink into the ground. This was confusing, and in a way humiliating. What if this drew attention to her?

Octavian let go of Celebi's arm, not because he was giving up but because he didn't want to hurt the girl. The boy was acting like a jealous boyfriend which was funny because Octavian had no idea who he was and he had not been mentioned by Celebi in the brief time they had spent together. "Listen buddy, if she wanted to be here with you she would be, now back up," He sighed as the boy remained unmoved. Octavian saw only one solution, he pulled back slightly and buried his fist into the boys face.

Professor Layton had been enjoying herself at the school event, glad that she'd taken the decision to come along and make the most of it. She'd been dancing and speaking to a few of the others, letting her hair down outside of the Potions classroom when she heard a small commotion. She saw it in the corner of her eye before she fully looked across, frowning as it appeared that one boys were arguing over one poor girl trapped in the middle. As much as she loved being part of the crowd, she was still ultimately a Professor, and with her own younger sister at the school it made it even easier still to defend the students when she could quite clearly see something was amiss. She trusted the older students to have behave now that they were nearly, if not already were, adults, and didn't expect anyone in the latter half of the school to sink to a level that would only be natural from preschoolers, and so when one of the boys swung a punch into the other, Olive was shocked at the realisation that he felt it worth his time. Approaching the trio, her eyes scanned between them, trying to recognise any from her lessons, and which one was the priority. "I would love to know why you think it's acceptable to cause violence." Olive's tone was loud as she directed her question to the blonde boy, speaking over the volume of the music. She peered at the other two students, one of whom she would need to check hadn't been injured too badly. "What's the problem here?" she demanded from them, shooing them to the side of the hall as she spoke out the way of the other students as to not interfere with their evenings.

Less’s heart sank when Celebi didn’t reply to him, and he tried to search for something in her eyes but found nothing. He felt disappointed and he finally let her wrist go reluctantly. He turned to the boy and was about to leave them alone, because clearly he wasn’t wanted here, except that before he could turn away from them he felt something hit his face. He winced, instinctively covering his face with his arms. Deep inside, Al knew he deserved that. But it was still uncalled for. Alessio prepared himself to retaliate, however when a loud voice spoke Alessio snapped his head to the side, seeing a professor. Just great. He wanted to laugh at the Professor’s question directed to the younger boy, but he didn’t. "Nothing, Professor," he muttered, feeling humiliated. He glanced again at Celebi and the boy. "You two deserve each other," he said quietly, unsure if either of them had heard him. At this point, Alessio only wanted to get out of the hall and go back to the dorms.

Nearly at the same time the boys dropped Celebi's arms and she hugged herself, face the color of her house crest. She hoped the situation would resve itself, but it seemed that things were only going to get worse as Octavian threw his fist into Alessio's face. "Less!" She exclaimed, covering her mouth. Celebi was not fond of violence, and the blonde's volatile nature deterred her from coming to his side for a moment as she checked on her friend. Cel has had enough of the nonsense between them, and with the professor present she finally asked a question, knowing nothing could escalate if there was a guardian there. "Alessio, What is your problem? Do you guys not like each other. I am so out of the loop right now and confused!" She spoke quickly, face still red, eyes watering from stress and confusion. She did not feel as if she was going to cry, but she felt helpless. Caught in the middle.

Octavian couldn't believe Celebi when she finally spoke. How could she not see what was right in front of her? To make matters worse just as Octavian punched the other boy a Professor turned up. The Gryffindor rolled his eyes as she attempted to control the situation. "This jerk is getting physical with my date," He told the woman. Octavian then turned back to Celebi, "He likes you isn't it obvious?"

When Alessio noticed Celebi‘s face turn red, he almost regretted interrupting her night, probably ruining it. "I‘m sorry Celebi," he apologised, meaning it, but also not wanting to chicken out of this argument with the boy either. It wasn't fair. Life isn't fair, a small voice whispered at the back of his mind. He glanced at her again when she asked him a question and she had the right to know, too. But before he could explain himself, he shot another glare at the other boy who had decided to answer for him. His heart skipped a beat when he said the truth, was Alessio really that obvious? "Hey, I am not getting physical with your date!" he said, mouth a little open as he looked at him in disbelief. Was he serious? The Hufflepuff took a deep breath before facing his friend. "It‘s true," he admitted softly. "I sent you that rose." It wasn't the way he had planned on telling her, but there was no other choice. He would appreciate it if the floor would swallow him whole right then and there.

Celebi looked at Octavian in shock, feelin he made it sound worse than what it was. All Less had done was grab her arm. Though perhaps if Octavian liked her it might seem like there were bad intentions, so could she be angry with the Gryffindor? Cel looked at Alessio again, feeling dizzy, not sure how she was meant to respond. "Is... that true?" She asked, face Scarlett and blotchy with blush. She felt her heart skip a beat. Why wouldn't he have just told her he knew she'd had a huge crush on him since they met that day in the hallway. "Y...you sent me a Yellow rose though I don't..." The Celebi remembered briefly the anonymous pink rose that she had thought belonged to Octavian or someone she'd never met. "The pink rose was you?" She asked, trying to work everything out. "I need some air..." She muttered, waiting to see if the professor was going to knock her down for house points as well as being the center of these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back