A Summer Evening

A bright smile appeared on his face when she agreed on them looking for the room of requirement in the near future. It felt good to know that he and his best friend wouldn't be all serious during the second semester of their first year, and was glad that Gryffindor House would be having Transfigurations together with Slytherin this semester so he wouldn't be the only one who disliked Professor Summers. ''Yeah maybe that's a better idea. I still get lost half of the time.'' he told her, in all honesty. Though Asaiah didn't mind that he got lost since usually ended up in some part of the castle that he hadn't seen yet - the Professor did mind because half of the time the Slytherin arrived five to ten minutes too late. ''I hope that finding the Room of Requirement won't be a super hard thing to do.'' he said, turning his head to Marisol. ''But where would we even begin?'' Would they ask the Headmistress or the Deputy Headmaster to give them a clue as to where to go, or would the two of them have to find their own clues and head to the library to find anything in the old, dusty smelling schoolbooks. Maybe there was something about the hidden room in the restricted section of the library.

Asaiah nodded his head when she told him not to laugh at her when he would teach her and quickly said, ''I promise I won't!'' Unless Marisol was going to do something so stupid that it would've made him laugh, the boy probably wouldn't, especially since he wanted to play with and against her. As Marisol began about wanting to find out what was behind the restricted section of the library, Asaiah sat up, listening carefully at her words. ''What else do you think is in the restricted section? How to kill a dragon or how to be best buds with a werewolf or mermaid, or even a dragon! Because that would be both be pretty awesome and dangerous. Or would it be like very nasty stuff?'' he asked the gryffindor girl, hoping she would've given it a thought already. Because of all the guessing as to what would be in the restricted part of the library, Asaiah got even more excited and if it wasn't for the pleasant night, would've totally dragged Marisol with him up to the library to find out what kind of information was behind that section.

He looked up when he told him that she wanted to see magical creatures and smiled. ''Well, we could ask one of the the Care Of Magical Creatures Professors if they want to show us a creature that lives in the Forbidden Forest?'' the boy suggested, it seemed like the most logical thing to do since they were both still first years and neither of their parents would probably let them go see and see magical creatures. ''I would love to see a dragon in real life instead of in a book or a picture.'' he said, thinking about what kind of magical creature they would see if they would go look for one.Asaiah grinned and nodded lightly. ''That would be a pretty awesome thing do to, yeah.'' he replied. ''In which common room do you think we could get in the easiest? I heard Ravenclaw had some sort of riddle, and I am terrible at riddles.'' From all the things that they would do in te future, sneaking into another House's common room would definitely be the most exciting.

Marisol shrugged when Asaiah asked her where they could begin to look for the Room of Requirement. "Beats me," she said, "I just found out about it when you told me right now," she chuckled. "Maybe the Dungeons?" she wondered, she felt like the dungeons were a good place to hide a secret room.

When Asaiah said what he thought would be in the Restricted Section of the library, Marisol really had no guesses as to what would be there, which is why she wanted to check it out even more. "I'm not sure, but I think I may be able to get a professor's permission to sneak in there..." she said thoughtfully, already coming up with a plan in her head to ask Professor Pendleton. She really hoped it would work. But at Asaiah's next comment, Marisol was snapped out of her thoughts and she looked at him with her eyebrows knitted in surprise and anger. "You think being 'best buds' with a werwolf would be awesome?!" she said incredulously, not even realizing the complete irony of her own statement. "You're crazy Asaiah," she chuckled fondly. "But, seeing a dragon sounds cool," she said, trying to get the subject off of werewolves. "As long as we see it from afar," she added with a small laugh. "Where would we be able to see a dragon?" she asked, wondering if there was some sort of wizarding zoo or something. When he suggested asking a Care of Magical Creatures professor she nodded her head enthusiastically and said, "Yeah that sounds like a good idea!" If she were to go into the Forbidden Forest again, this time it would be with a professor who knew their way around. "Or we could just figure out how to lure the mermaids out of the lake," she added, gesturing towards the still black lake ahead of them.

Marisol was still staring up at the sky when Asaiah told her about the Ravenclaw common room having a riddle as a password. "Hmm, I was originally thinking of sneaking into the Hufflepuff Common Room because it's right by the library so we could use that as an excuse to say we got lost, just in case we got caught," she began. "But now I think I like the challenge of answering the Ravenclaw riddle, because if we guess it right, we get in! It's not like we need to know some password and ask a Ravenclaw for it!" she explained. She looked over at her best friend and said, "What do you think, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff?" It would be no fun sneaking in to the Slytherin common room because Asaiah knew that password, and same for her and Gryffindor.

When Marisol suggested that the Room of Requirement could perhaps be located in the dungeons he shrugged and said, ''I don't know about that. I know the dungeons pretty well by now and I haven't found any secret passageways or hidden rooms there yet - That something we need to find as well! Secret passageways because it would be awesome as h*ll to have a short cut or a passage leading to Brightstone village or something like that!'' Once again Asaiah got excited as he was thinking of all the thoughts that popped up in his head if they would find a secret passageway.

Asaiah frowned when she said she might be able to help them get permission to go into the restriced section of the library and cursiously asked her, ''And how would you fool a professor into giving us permission? Have you looked at us? I mean, if older students barely get permission to get in there, why would a professor give two first years permission?'' Perhaps she was withholding information from him or perhaps she just knew how to fool adults really well, but one thing was sure, whatever it was, Asaiah wanted to know it. Not quite understanding why she suddenly looked with anger at the first year, Asaiah frowned once more and answered back almost immediately, ''H*ll yeah that would be awesome.'' he stated, ''They probably very fluffy and soft and they could definitely protect you from any harm.'' He wasn't done explaining why it would be awesome to have a werewolf as his best friend, but when he heard her chuckle, Asaiah smiled and decided to the subject die for now. The kid nodded his head vigorously as she agreed with him on seeing a dragon in real life and agreed with her too. ''I don't think we're even allowed to get really close to one unless it's one of those miniature ones.'' While the thought of maybe being able to get a look at a real dragon was still in the back of his head, Asaiah smiled when Marisol told him it would be a good idea to ask one of the teachers to help them out with this.

Still sitting up and looking at his best friend, Asaiah knew that next semester would be the best semester he would ever have in his life. ''Though Hufflepuff seems tempting because we could go for a snack before or after, if you're good at riddles I'd like to sneak into Ravenclaw House.'' the first year told Marisol.

All this talk about their adventures was getting the first year excited, so she sat up and turned to face her friend. "Yeah but you see the dungeons every day, so you may overlook things! What you need is a new set of eyes, to look at things from a fresh, different perspective!" she said matter-of-factly. Marisol laughed when he told her to look at the pair of them and consider why any professor would actually give them permission to the restricted section. "You are very right about that," she agreed while chuckling, "but I think I can still convince Professor Pendleton, the Potions professor that helped us with the Scitorari, remember?" She thought back to when the professor had not scolded them for looking up such a taboo subject but had rather welcomed their questions and given them a brief history about their research subject. "He is super nice, and I think if I ask him, I can get him to give me the password!" she said, still thinking the plan through in her head. She was going to ask Professor Pendleton if she could look up different books on lycanthropy because she wanted to know more about her condition. Since he brewed her Wolfsbane Potion, he knew all about her lycanthropy, and she would play up the fact that she felt she deserved to know more about her own disease. She felt kind of bad trying to take advantage of Monty's generosity this way but at the same time, she really did want to know if there were any books on werewolves in that section.

Of course Marisol couldn't tell Asaiah her plan so she just looked at her best friend and said, "Just trust me, I think I've got a way!" But as he talked about werewolves being fluffy and awesome, Marisol rolled her eyes and said, "Are you crazy? You know they bite and kill right?" It was so weird, and funny, to her that she was the one new to the wizarding world, but Asaiah was the one thinking werewolves were harmless in this world. "Werewolves don't protect you from harm, they're the ones causing the harm!" she said, shaking her head. "Why don't we just focus on trying to find animals that won't try to kill us please?" she looked at Asaiah pointedly before laughing lightly at him. "You should've been a Gryffindor, you're invincible," she said with a smile. But as they talked about the other House's common rooms, Marisol thought about their options. "Hmm I think we've got a better shot at trying to sneak into Ravenclaw first," she finally decided. "But if that fails, then we can always try the Hufflepuff one!" She thought about her new friend Miya who was in Hufflepuff and how she would probably be surprised to see Marisol in her own common room, but then again she could probably use Miya as an excuse to be in there, if she claimed she was visiting her friend. "Do you know anyone in Ravenclaw?" she asked the Slytherin, suddenly realizing she didn't know anyone in that house, therefore she couldn't use the same excuse that she was visiting a friend, but hopefully Asaiah would.

Telling him that he might have overlooked things because he was in the dungeons every day sounded stupid to the Slytherin and so Asaiah stared at his best friend with a look that said are-you-serious-right-now? If anything, the first year knew the dungeons like the back of his hand. ''I seriously doubt that I have missed any secret hidden rooms in the dungeons.'' Asaiah told her. ''The only unusual thing I ever saw when I was walking through the dungeons, was a boy and a girl smooching.'' he said, grimacing at the thought of two people kissing. the Slytherin laughed when Marisol told him that he needed someone with a different perspective to look for the room in the lowest level of the castle. Though it wouldn't hurt anyone if Marisol would take a look for herself, Asaiah doubted that she would find anything there. ''If you want to, be my guest, but I don't think that someone would build a hidden room anywhere near the dungeons.'' In his mind, Asaiah already crossed the dungeons as a possible location for the Room of Requirement away, along with the kitchens because that just wouldn't make any sense. When she told him that she might convince the Professor that helped them with the Scitorari, the boy tilted his head to the right, thinking about it. He had helped them before, so why wouldn't he do it this time? ''And what if he doesn't want to give you the password?'' Asaiah asked her, wondering if she had a plan b. ''You wanna try and sneak into the Restricted Section at night? Because if Pendleton isn't going to help us, I don't think anyone would.'' Though wandering around in the castle at night and sneaking into the library sounded like an awesome adventure to him, after their last encounter with a Professor, the boy was rather cautious and tried to avoind going out at night, even if he needed to go the bathroom.

When she told him to trust her, Asaiah scoffed lightly, still not convinced that she could get them both permission to get into the Restriced Section of the library. ''I'll trust you once we're walking inside there, ok?'' he said to his friend, hoping it wouldn't upset her that the boy didn't trust her right away. Still wondering on how Mari would convince Professor Pendleton, Asaiah chuckled and said, ''Well no, I do not, since I've never actually seen a werewolf in action and don't believe in fairy tales.'' Since fairy tales were obviously made up, why would she assume that a werewolf would bite and kill? Did she encounter one herself, or did Marisol believe in them? Asaiah didn't have the answers to both these questions but was eager to figure them out. At what the Gryffindor said next, Asaiah shook his head. ''You've got it all wrong,'' he told her, ''But I'll just have to assume that you have never seen one because you lived in the Muggle world so we don't have to argue about who is wrong and who is right.'' It might have sounded rude, but it was true - or at least to him. She had lived in the Muggle world her whole life, she wouldn't have seen a wherewolf before let alone encounter one. Quickly changing the subject back to their common room adventure, the Slytherin nodded in agreement. ''Yeah, you're right. Probably won't be many Professors hanging around there too.'' he said. When Marisol asked him if he knew anyone in Ravenclaw he shook his head. ''No. Only in Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.'' he could see that getting into the Ravenclaw common room just became a lot more harder to do then they thought. ''Maybe the Ravenclaw ghost can help us?'' he said suddenly, if they didn't know anyone in Ravenclaw who could help them then why not asked their House ghost to help the two of them out.

Marisol sighed and rolled her eyes playfully. Although Asaiah did have a good point she said, "You've gotta be optimistic! If we want to find this room, we have to start somewhere! Why not just double-check the dungeons, just in case?" she explained. The dungeons were the only place she could think of checking first, so unless he had another place they could start searching for this hidden room, they would be stumped.

Marisol pursed her lips in thought when he brought up the idea of Professor Pendleton not giving her the password. As nice as Monty was, there was still that high possibility of him not giving her the password. "You're right, if he doesn't give it to me, no one will," she confirmed, nodding her head while she was still deep in thought. "So if my plan doesn't work out, then we definitely have to sneak in! But let me just try my plan first," she said confidently. Although Asaiah didn't think she could do it, Marisol was hoping to prove him wrong.

The Gryffindor actually had to laugh at everything Asaiah was saying about werewolves, claiming she couldn't know about them because she was Muggle-born. She wished that were true, but found the irony of their conversation amusing. "Even though I lived in the Muggle world, I doubt werewolves are much different here than they were in my fairytales," she rolled her eyes playfully. "The idea of werewolves being the big bad wolf in stories means they have to have gotten their villainous stereotype from somewhere," she argued pointedly. She didn't like the thought of herself being seen as a 'bad guy', but then she remembered the werewolf that had bitten her and she could understand why werewolves had that sort of reputation. "I'll bet you 5 galleons that we can find a book in the restricted section that proves werewolves are bad and not fluffy cuddly animals like you think!" she said suddenly, with a smirk on her face. She decided to up their usual antics with a bet this time.

When he suggested the Ravenclaw ghost helping them, Marisol cocked her head to the side. "Do you think it would help us if we're not Ravenclaws?" she asked thoughtfully. "What if we find Ravenclaw school robes to wear them into tricking the ghost we are students so then it could help us!" she suggested. She had no idea what Asaiah's plans were so she was just throwing hers out there. "Maybe the house elves could help us sneak the Ravenclaw robes," she began thinking, remembering how eager they were to serve her back in the kitchens. "But I don't know, what were you thinking? Do you think the ghost is nice enough to help us without having to wear disguises?" She giggled at the last word because it made their plans sound a lot more diabolical than they actually were. Apparently they were just two curious kids who wanted to learn every nook and cranny of this castle. And the only way they could do that was to sneak in everywhere.

''Fine.'' Asaiah told her after awhile. ''We'll double-check the dungeons just in case.'' Although he knew they weren't going to find anything in the lowest level of the castle, if she wanted to do it anyway, the Slytherin wasn't stopping her from doing so. ''But if we don't find a thing, remind me to tell you 'I told you so' will you?'' he said with a smirk on his face. He wasn't entirely sure if the two were even going to find the Room of Requirement, but if they did it would've been the best thing they would ever achieve during their stay at Hogwarts castle. Asaiah had to laugh when she told him that they definitely had to sneak in the Restricted part of the library if Professor Pendleton wasn't going to give her the password. The Slytherin expected her to agree with sneaking in, so before Mari would make a funny comment or something like that he said, ''If we need to sneak in, we are going come up with a plan first because I don't want to get caught by Professor dog-face again.'' with a serious look on his face he looked at his friend, hoping she would understand why he didn't want to get caught by Professor Summers ever again. While Asaiah waited for her to respond he thought about alternatives on how to get access to the Restricted Section

Asaiah didn't really know how to react when Marisol laughed at what he told her about her and werewolves. He let her do her say and then quickly came with a respons. ''They are not, I'm just saying that I don't believe that those fairytales are true.'' Every fairy tale that ever mentioned a werewolf was at least a thousand years old, who know how many times the tales had changed in the years? ''So one werewolf decided to go apeshit and bite and kill somebody and now every werewolf is bad? No way. I don't believe that - I won't.'' he stated, looking at his friend. To back his own point up Asaiah added, ''What If you or I were a werewolf? Would you still think that every werewolf would be bad and not fluffly and cuddly?'' he kept quiet after that, hoping she would agree to his point. When she told him that she wanted to bet 5 galleons he grinned. ''Alright, Woods, deal.'' the Slytherin told her.

Asaiah nodded his head. ''Well we'd have to convince her to help us of course.'' he commented. He thought about her suggestion and though it sounded like an awesome way to get to Ravenclaw ghost to help them, Asaiah wondered if the house elves would give a Gryffindor and a Slytherin two Ravenclaw robes. ''That could work, and it would be bloody brilliant if it did, but would the house elves cooperate?'' the boy asked, wondering if the Headmistriss had warned the little fellas about this kind of scheming. Asaiah nodded once more and said, ''We would have a better chance of getting into the Ravenclaw common room in Ravenclaw robes, so I say let's do it. Let's get ourselves some Ravenclaw robes.'' with a grin smile on his face Asaiah looked at Marisol with excitement in his eyes. He couldn't wait until his second semester started.

sorry, this is horrible.

Marisol chuckled at Asaiah's 'I told you so' comment and nodded her head. "Alright then, if that happens you have to think of the next place to search for!" He was probably right that they wouldn't find anything there, but Marisol had nowhere else to think to look for this hidden room, so she wanted to start somewhere. Being in the dungeons with Asaiah who was familiar with them made her feel safer anyway.

At Asaiah's comments about werewolves, the Gryffindor had to admit she was a bit surprised by how adamant he was on his decision. For a moment she feared that he had figured out her secret and she started worrying because the professors had expressed to her that it was extremely important for her to not to tell anyone because it was a "sensitive" controversial topic. And now that she saw how heated Asaiah was in talking about it, Marisol could tell that it was a controversial topic indeed. Then as he brought up the "hypothetical" situation of either of them being a werewolf, Marisol gulped and bit her lip. However, instead of feeling scared that her secret was exposed, she suddenly felt a rush of gratitude towards her best friend. It didn't seem possible that Asaiah knew that she was a werewolf, so she knew his words were genuine and not at all biased because of her. It made her appreciate him and feel more comfortable that one day if she ever decided to tell him of her condition, he would not think of her as a monster. Without thinking, Marisol leaned over and gave Asaiah a kiss on the cheek. It was meant to be a friendly gesture but Marisol could still feel her cheeks heating up in a blush. "T-that was for...having such a good heart," Marisol finally figured out how to put her thoughts into words that would somehow make sense. She smiled up at him nervously hoping he wouldn't feel uncomfortable around her anymore and decided to lighten up the mood again. "I bet if you were a werewolf, you would actually be fluffy and cuddly," she laughed, rolling her eyes playfully at the thought.

As they further discussed their plans for sneaking in to the Ravenclaw common room, she could see all the details falling into place and it made her super excited. "The house elves are so eager to help anyone, I know they'll definitely get us Ravenclaw robes!" she said excitedly. "Plus, they don't know we're not Ravenclaws so we can just convince them that we got our robes dirty and we need new ones or something," she shrugged. They could figure that out later because she didn't think it would be hard to convince the elves. "This plan is totally gonna work!" she exclaimed, knowing once they got the robes, they could try to answer the riddle at the Ravenclaw door, and if not pretend to be Ravenclaws to ask the ghost for help. "We are so doing this as soon as we come back for the next semester!" she said excitedly, thinking of how long the holiday break was going to be before they could put their plan in motion.

[Sorry for the delay!]

Asaiah smirked when she replied back. ''Already have one in my mind.'' the Slytherin said to his best friend. Before pitching his idea to find the Room of Requirement to her, Asaiah had been thinking about possible locations for the hidden room. One of them being the Trophy Room. Even though the boy had never been to the Trophy Room yet, he figured that a room just for trophies seemed stupid, so was he was sure that the Room of Requirement could be located there. Of course he had other locations in mind as well, but out of everyone of them, the Trophy Room sounded like the best place to hide a secret room to him.

The silence that followed after his statement on werewolves and how not every werewolf would be as bad as the ones of the fairy tales, was unbearable so Asaiah started looking around, hoping to see something that was completely out of the ordinary but super cool and that he hadn't just said something that Marisol took as offensive. He saw nothing but the water, that was glowing a white colour because of the moon, the moon itself and the stars above their heads as he was looking around. Seeing the stars and the moon so clearly was such a beaufitul sight, and he was happy that he and Marisol had decided not to go to sleep yet after the Yule Ball.

Asaiah turned around to finally break the unbearable silence when Marisol suddenly kissed him on his cheek. Because the Slytherin hadn't expected this to happen, he froze, his eyes growing wide and cheeks changing to a bright red colour. He was burning up inside and didn't really know what to do next. When she finally spoke up, the Slytherin unfroze and blinked a few times before answering her. ''Tha-.. Sure.. You're-.. You're welcome, I guess?'' he said, his cheeks still burning red. Asaiah still didn't know how to react so was relieved when she brought up werewolves again and smiled. ''Yeaahh, I know.'' he answered, laughing too. ''I bet you would too.'' he ran his hand through his hair to feel if it was dry, but it wasn't.

''Alright, so first we'll get the Ravenclaw robes from the house elves,'' Asaiah told her as he began to summarize their plan to sneak into the Ravenclaw common room. ''We will tell them that our other robes got dirty whilst playing outside and that we both need others. Then we're going to wherever their common room is located in the tower and try to solve their riddles - if it's more than one. And if we fail at solving them, we switch to plan b and ask the house ghost for help.'' the Slytherin nodded his head lightly, knowing that this plan was definitely going to work because it had no flaws at all, or so he thought. ''How are we going to do that?'' he asked his best friend with a look of curiosity in his eyes. ''What are we going to tell her? That we forgot what the answer to the riddle or riddles are?'' If they were really doing this then they should come prepared and think of everything the ghost would asked them to prove to her that they were indeed two Ravenclaw students.

don't worry about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back