A sudden leave.

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam returned from another boring class. On his bed lay a small piece of folded parchment. Sam put the parchment into his bag which contained his- almost finished-assignment, his quill and his ink. Sam would get to reading that later, Can't be too important. He grabbed his emerald streak and went out for a quick fly in the Quidditch Pitch.

An hour or so later Sam returned to his dorm and decided to finish of the assignment due for next week. He pulled his Hogwarts hoody over his baggy band t-shirt and left for the grounds. It was early spring so the weather was still a little cool, most of the students were inside having lunch. Sam sat down beside a large oak tree covered in small buds. He leaned his back up against the rough bark. Opening his bag he realised he had forgotten about the note. He opened it to see Jenn's handwriting:

Dear Sammy,

I’m sorry to say that I have to leave Hogwarts and will not be returning. I am going back to Canada, I’m too homesick and other then you, Scorpius and Hoshi there really isn’t a reason for me to stay. I’ll miss you a lot, you’re my very best friend and my boyfriend. Though now I’m sorry to say that we aren’t anymore, it’s really hard to write this and I’m sorry for everything that I’ve put you through.

Yours truly,
Jenn

Sam's stomach plummeted, his mouth fell open and his head began to pound. He could hear his heart up in his ears. He re-read it over and over; "and will not be returning.." Sam couldn't believe it. Just like that, he hadn't even got to tell her goodbye. He didn't get to see her, ever again. It didn't seem right. Hogwarts without Jenn. His bestfriend and his girlfriend. Sam averted his eyes from the letter, he couldn't bare to look at it again. His blue eyes were not peaceful, they weren't calm nor happy. A look of distraught spread across his face.

Jenn was gone.

Scorpius awoke to the sound of an annoying, persistent tap on his dorm window. One of his roommates, no doubt Tyler, since they had never been on good terms anymore, threw a pillow at him while mumbling loudly into his pillow 'Get the door!' Scorpius grunted and unwillingly got up out of bed to head for the door when he realized the tapping was coming from the window by his bed. Scorpius rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and his vision focused on an owl with a letter. He opened the window, the cold air whipping around him as a form of waking him up, and the bird took off immediately after the letter was in Scorpius' hands.
Dear Scorpius,

I'm leaving Hogwarts and I'm not returning. I already miss you, if you are ever in the neighborhood ring me up. I'm going back to Canada and next year I'm starting school at Salem with Owen, I think that I really need to be at home now, my family needs me. I've already written Sam, and I'd like to ask you to watch over him, and make sure he is fine. I really feel badly about this whole thing.

I'm sorry for all of this, please let Toni know that I'm sorry for wrecking everything between she and Sam.

Missing you,
Jenn Wilkonson
It took Scorpius a few minutes to actually comprehend what the letter was saying, but after it finally sunk in, Scorpius' heart fell. Jenn was gone, one of his best friends was gone, and she had left without properly saying goodbye, to him at least. Immediately, Scorpius thought of Prince and he winced, wondering how he might be feeling. He had to find him right away.

Scorpius shoved his navy blue hoodie over his head, not bothering to change out of the muscle shirt he wore to bed and quickly put on some jeans, shoving his feet into his shoes quickly. He ruffled his hair and headed out the tower, and down to the Hufflepuff common room. Part of him was hoping that Jenn would appear and say 'Just kidding' and hug him like she always did, but after he had lingered around there for so long, he sighed in defeat, knowing that the letter he held wrinkled in his hand was not a joke. He continued on his search in the castle, before going over to Prince's favorite place, the Quidditch Pitch.

Still nothing. Scorpius grunted in frustration. Maybe this was a prank on him after all and everyone was in on it? He so desperately wanted to believe that rather than that Jenn was gone. Scorpius sighed and made his way over to the lakefront, just to think for a bit when finally, he spotted his best friend. Why was it that as soon as you stopped looking for someone, they appeared? Scorpius' lips curled into a half smile at his thought however he wasn't in a cheery mood so it quickly slid off his face. "Sam!" Scorpius called out in urgency as he ran over to him. He knew that once he used his first name, things were serious, and judging by the look on his face, he wasn't taking it well either.

Sam's blue eyes swept back to the letter and then returned to the lake, that was a a bad idea. The line "and will not be returning.." killed him. It showed that there was no hope, her mind was set. She was gone for good. Just then Sam heard his name being called, he closed his eyes and sighed, he'd be getting a lot of sympathtic messages over the next week or so. Once he opened them he saw it was Scorpius.

He looked up at him then back down the letter in his own hand. He didn't say anything for quite some time. He pulled out some random strands of grass absent-mindly before saying, "You heard." His voice was croggy and muffled. He noticed the wrinkled paper in Scorpius' hands. Obviously he did hear. "Did you know?"He said and turned his head sharply towards him. "Did you know that she was leaving?" Sam hoped that he didn't because if he did and didn't tell him, Sam would get extremely mad.

The insedent in the Great Hall seemed to have changed Hoshi. She still grined and treated everyone that was talking to her with the same joking manner but something seemed to have turned darker. The aura around Hoshi was black as night which sent most of the people around her scattering when they saw her. Hoshi had not been blamed for this because there where people that saw her in the stands and that she hadn't moved. But there where people that where convinced that she had been behind this even if she hadn't taken an active part in it.

So what? People die all the time. Hoshi felt no remorce. She knew she should but she didn't. Oh she acted like she did saying that it was really too bad that something had gone wrong but in privet she would snicker at thier foolishness. She wasn't snickering today though. She had just gotten a letter from her best girl friend that she was not coming back. Jenna was going to Sailem with her brother. She had also told her the real reason she was leaving. She wasn't happy here. How could Jenna not be happy here?

Jenna had friends and Hoshi had done everything she could make Hogwarts a fun place. Wasn't that enough for her? She stormed the out into the lawn pushing kids out of her way and glearing if they dared say something to her. She spotted Sam and Knight at the lake front and her lips twisted in a frown. "You guys got letters too?" She asked but she knew they had been or Sam would be looking so distroyed. Jenna meant more to him than to her but not by much.

Sam turned his head as another familiar voice joined them. Hoshi. Sam looked up quickly and then back to his hands which were fiddling at the corners of the letter. "Yeah." He muttered sourly. He didn't mean to be sour to his friends and he knew they were going through the same as him. But he couldn't bring himself to be nicer.

From that glimpse of Hoshi, she seemed different. Though Sam took it that she was just upset. "Do you know why she left?" Sam said still not looking up at them.

[Ignore]

[Triple Post :r: ]

Hoshi had a choice then. To keep her Jenna's secret and lie to her best friends or betray her and tell them everything. Right now Hoshi was so angry and hurt that she tossed the letter on the ground for them to see. "Apperently we are not good enough to keep Jenna-chan happy." She said bitterly. Earlier that week she had been near tears because of the whispers following her. Killer Koshiba was back and this time she had earned that title. Again there was little to connect her the rockets in the great hall but still there where people that wanted to call her that. She suspected that this was a rumer started by the Glam Squad. She couldn't prove it though without spilling more blood.

Sam seen Hoshi thinking, she must have known and he was happy she decided not to keep it from them. Sam picked it up and read it. She wasn't happy here? Sam thought in disbelief, she seemed to be quite happy. Sam handed the letter to Scorpius in case he wanted to see. "She never said anything to me." Sam scowled.

"W-why would she just up and leave like that though?!" Sam finally blurted out after a few moments of silence. "Without a warning or even hinting it." Sam said a loud, he wasn't looking for answers it was just on his mind. Sam decide not to give out anymore there was nothing more he could do, Jenn was gone. Though just because he was going to give out doesn't mean he wasn't angry. Sam was fuming partially because he was also heartbroken.

Scorpius quickly furrowed his brows at the tone of Sam's voice. "What? No! Of course I didn't know," he replied rather angrily. He breathed in order to remain calm, obviously the two of them weren't taking this well and were both angry, but getting angry at each other wasn't going to do anything productive, it wasn't going to bring Jenn back. "I thought you would've known," Scorpius whispered into the wind as he stared off into the distance, half hoping Prince didn't hear.

Just then Hoshi came, looking dark and angry. Prince snapped slightly at her as well but Scorpius was curious to see if Jenn had confided in Hoshi to tell her why she was really leaving; nothing could've prepared him for what Jenn's letter to Hoshi said. She wasn't happy? That was like a blow in his stomach for him, he wondered how Prince would take that. "Gee, I feel much better now," he muttered sarcastically. Sure he and Jenn had constantly fought but they always got over it. He felt a pang of guilt, feeling as if that were the very reason she had left. Was it? He didn't dare ask out loud, in case by some coincidence, it was the reason and then Prince would be mad at him for driving her away.

Angry and hurt, he crumpled the letter in his hand as he took a seat on the grass, laying down completely flat against his back and he scowled up at the sky. Was her letter to him a lie? Was she just using her family as an excuse to leave? He didn't reply to Sam's questions because he too had no answers.

Sam picked up Scorpius' mutter, "Yeah me too." Sam replied just as quietly. He watched Scorpius join him on the grass. "Y'know.." Sam began looking at them both, "When there was that whole Toni thing she mentioned that she would leave, because there was nothing but hurt here." He continued staring into space. "I'd never thought she actually leave." He said the word with force, anger. "Especially not now....I can't help but feel maybe I have done something.." Sam said to them. "Or even done something to provoke her to leave.." But the last time he had been with Jenn everything was perfectly fine, at least she acted like it.

Hoshi put her hands on her hips. "Don't say things like that Sam-kun we where all here for Jenna-chan and she still left us." She said and blinked. Was really going to get emotionall because of this? No but her eyes where started to water a bit. She was going to miss her friend so badly. What was worse was that she wasn't forced out she chose to leave. Hoshi slid down to sit with her friends. "I guess only the three of us are left." She said gathering her knees up under her chin.

Sam noticed Hoshi's eyes getting all teary. Sam moved over to her and purt his arm around her. "Yeah I guess it is just us.." Sam knew that there was still Taylor and Toni who were also close to him but Jenn was in on the pranks with them. She'd be missed sorely, but right now along with that he was angry, it was like a build up of anger which had just exploded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back