A stroll after breakfast

Belle Alcina

Belle walked along with Laura towards the shimmering lake. It was so peaceful. Magical to be exact. She smiled at Laura and said "Its just fabulous!" and she sat down on the roots of an old oak tree.

Harri had just woke up and fancied a walk due to the fact she was not hugry and hoped to build up an appetite. She wondered down to the lake at a steady pace, it was a beautiful morning and she felt instantly relaxed as she felt the sun soak through her skin and saw the water ripple softly, she closed her eyes for a second simply listening to the beauty around her, she opened her eyes and carried on walking, she was so absorbed in her surroundings she hardly noticed that she was about to walk into someone untill the last second "Woah sorry!" she said quickly before laughing as she realised she recognised one of the girls "Hey Belle!" she said grinning "Sorry about that, was in my own world!" she said grinning, "How are you today?" she asked slumping on the floor next to her.

"No your grand" Belle said surprised. "Yeah I am great today, how can anyone not be?" Belle said waving her hand around the grounds. " Its amazing..How are you?"

Harri smiled "I know, its so beautiful out here! In all weather!" she said, luckily it was a beautiful day but even in the rain this place was gorgeous "Oh I'm great thanks!" she said happily, "You explored alot of the castle yet?" she asked.

"Not really..." she said dissappointedly. "Oh, but I have joined that exploring club in the school. So that should be fun." She was quite excited about that. "I haven't really had time to do much y'know, with unpacking and classes, and trying to make friends. Its tough." She smiled and gazed upon the shimmering lake.

"Oh me too!" Harri said excitedly, "My best friend runs it!" she said smiling, "Yeah it is tough at first, but your settling down well right? Feeling homesick at all?" she asked.

"Brilliant. I actually don't feel homesick at all. Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing my parents again but I am soo settled here. Its very easy to y'know. Especially with you here looking out for me. Which I appreciate a lot. So thank you." Belle said meaningly.

Harri cheeks turned a little pink "Well I have to look after my Gryffies don't I?" she said her face returning to normal colour "Well I was well looked after by the older ones so, so should you!" she said smiling.

Laura lay slumped on the grass, gazing out on the lake, when Harriet Turner came up to her and Belle, and started talking to them. Laura tuned out, she was thinking of her dad, but suddenly jumped back in when Harriet said something about being well looked after by the older students.

She grinned and tucked her long hair behind her ear. "My sister told me loads about this place," she said slowly.

"Oh sorry.. Laura, Harri , Harri, Laura." She said introducing the too girls. "You haven't met right?" She asked feeling slighlty embarrassed if they had.

Harri laughed "No I don't think we have!" she said "Nice to meet you Laura!" she said, "Oh does your sister come here?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back